Weber Grill - Chicago
539 N. State Street
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Weber Grill - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.webergrillrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 312-467-9696
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am-10:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am-11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Sunday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Luis Montesinos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Weber on Wheels Catering - catering services including delivery and on-site grilling.
- Private Party Facilities: Big events call for big fun and big flavor! You won't find a better host than Weber Grill Restaurant for your next event. Private wine rooms, cozy fireplaces and covered patios can be found at all of our locations and these well designed rooms are perfect for your next corporate or social function. Our professional event staff will make your experience seamless, so all you have to do is treat your guests to the very best in inspired firecooking...Weber Grill Restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Katz 312-467-0574
A word from Weber Grill - Chicago
Owned by the company that set the standards for outdoor cooking: Weber Grill Restaurant is the culmination of fifty years of grilling expertise. With everything prepared on authentic Weber charcoal kettles, the menu offers the best in Classic Outdoor Grilling including: steaks, seafood, barbecue, and burgers. The restaurant boasts an open kitchen, customized private events, patio seating, & grilling tips.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Weber Grill - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
376 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (143)great for outdoor dining (131)special occasion (128)great for lunch (108)kid-friendly (97)fit for foodies (87)neighborhood gem (65)hot spot (57)romantic (43)late-night find (37)great for brunch (34)notable wine list (28)vibrant bar scene (27)scenic view (19)Show More
- good foodrlernVIPDined on 8/31/2014service could have been better, but, the food was delicious and reasonably priced. it would have been nice if all of the food came out at the same time, but, the waiter forgot to put in one of the orders.Special Features:
- Welcome EnvironmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Weber Grill's Specials to celebrate their anniversary were excellent and the service was top notch as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen Seatingseasalt752Dined on 8/31/2014Unfortunately, we had a booth located in the kitchen and it was very loud. Our waiter was not friendly and basically just asked us "what do you want". We were not impressed with this restaurant and would not go back.
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014The concept of everything being grilled on Weber grills is fun; however the food isn't anything special. We had a burger, ribs and grilled, smoked sausages.. all of which were ok at best. We were sat at a booth right by the "food line" where they prepare the food and our entire time at the restaurant it was hot from the grills and very smoky. We didn't have a steak which would probably be good however there's many more places in Chicago to get a good steak.Special Features:
- ServiceAllItalianDined on 8/30/2014As always, the food was delicious. However, our server was not friendly or helpful at all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Best food we ever had!! Great service! Friendly and fast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our FavoritesJz33Dined on 8/30/2014Great spot for a relaxing dinner with Great Food. We sat outside and watched the people while having an awesome family dinner. We highly recommend the BBQ combo on menu.Special Features:
- The food was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014This was a great experience. Our servers was great. They had a special anniversary three course meal, which I had. It was $25 and you got a little quiz to take about the Weber Grill. Our server gave us great information. For getting the quiz answers correct the manager have me a $25 gift card which never expires. Win, win!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Anniversary!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014On a whim a group of friends and I decided to try the 25th Weber Anniversary lunch special. We also ordered desserts and appetizers and could not have been happier! It was bliss! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Prime rib was best I ever had. Flank steak was perfect. Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Surprised that we were seated in the middle of the floor when many booths were available. Noted that it was a special occasion and wasn't treated that way. Service was very slow with our drinks (lemonade and coke).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big portionscjtvsDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I went here during happy hour on a Friday. Since we sat at the bar, I can't comment on the regular table service, but our bar servers were OK. We only ended up getting two apps since the portions were huge. Would return if in Chicago again.Special Features:
- You gotta try itBoardingpass007Dined on 8/20/2014Great open kitchen, they are using our famous Weber grill. My wife and I took the combo meat ( ribs, brisket and meat loaf )! Everything was good but the winner is the meat loaf. It has everything to be a tourist trap but I is not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again...BeetlejuiceLovesLydiaDined on 8/20/2014If you make Bar-B-Que grills for a living, then use them to cook the food you serve in your restaurant, you can't go wrong. We lived in the area four years but have since moved...but...when we are back in the area ALWAYS make this a dinner stop at least once. The food is simply awesome. And the chef will stop by your table for allergy consultation (gluten / dairy) and will make you what you need!! Yes!...we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Declicious!TrinaDined on 8/19/2014So much yummy stuff to pick from. I had the Filet and Mashed Potatoes....boring I know but I wanted to see if they grilled it as good as I would on my Weber Grill. They did! Could have had a little seasoning or steak sauce but that is just my preference. On a side note, my friend loved it so much she said to me, "Thanks for picking this restaurant!" That was wonderful to hear as I went on a colleague's recommendation about this place!Special Features:
- Wonderful Service, Lots of Optionsnyk1123Dined on 8/19/2014The food was delicious. They had a surprising number of vegetarian options for a "grill" place. As a someone who still eats seafood from time to time, I opted for the crab cakes, which were phenomenal. Even more so, due to some food allergies, we needed some special options and the server and staff went out of their way to check ingredients and cooking preparations and to let us know what was safe and what we should avoid. Overall, the food was excellent and the service made it a relaxing and enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQJRSMVSDined on 8/18/2014We really enjoyed the great tasting food-especially the sampler appetizer! The chicken was the best followed closely by the fall-off-the-bone ribs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECTACULAR SERVICEMissGoochVIPDined on 8/16/2014Busy evening on a Saturday night with a ton of waiting, our server was unflappable, completely in tune with the needs of the table---a table which included three kids. When the table falls into silence upon their first bite, it was a clear success.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Ordered steak & it was one of the best ever. Done just the way I ordered it and in a timely manner. Good food, great service & reasonable price. I would go back again and recommend it to anybody. I was there at a busy evening & the noise level was a little high but I guess people were enjoying themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousld18Dined on 8/16/2014Everything we ordered was great! Ribs are AMAZING!Special Features:
- Awesome experience!CourtBDined on 8/15/2014Glad to of made a reservation. Seemed there was a long wait, but we were seated immediately after walking in. Food was great and the atmosphere very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect evening,CherylpDined on 8/15/2014We were seated within 15 minutes of reservation! That was great since place was packed. Lots of delicious choices - we tried appetizers and spit several dishes. All were excellant! Service was great too! Would definately recommend this! Oh, prices were quite reasonable - this allowed to have fun and try lots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stloukDined on 8/15/2014the food was phenominal. we had a party of 6 and they raved about their dish! the service was oustanding and it was CROWDED. our server recommended a wine for me that i wish now that i had asked the name. very friendly staff. would def go back for lunch/dinner and highly recommend to anyone visiting chicago.Special Features:
- Best burgerCarolHoogDined on 8/15/2014Excellent good and service. So glad we decided to try Weber Grill. I had the martini burger and it was fabulous! My boyfriend had a BBQ plate with brisket and chicken and he said his was delicious as well. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakMikeHDined on 8/15/2014Weber's filet was very well prepared. Great cut of meat. The flavor was wonderful.Special Features:
- lovediningoutDined on 8/14/2014Weber Grill Chicago is a must while visiting. We live over six hours away and this is our second trip to Chicago with Weber Grill being the biggest factor. The food is excellent and cooked exactly how you ask for it to be. The staff and service is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014My wife and I went here for our one-year and it was amazing! Just...go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisy and priceyrosaDined on 8/10/2014I would compare this restaurant to a chain that caters to families. The prices were high and it was as loud as a cafeteria at a high school. We came here for a special occasion and I wish we had gone somewhere else. I had the filet - 7oz. And the only thing on the place was that and a very buttery, over spiced blob of mashed sweet potato. I would have expected a salad that would have come with the meal. This place was not fancy enough to start giving everything a la carte. The waiter...although he did his best... was stretched to the limit with tables. He was the highlight of our experience. The noise level was terrible. We sat in an area that was like a speedway of servers and busboys.
- niceveronicalDined on 8/10/2014second time at weber grill and i love it! the food is awesome, the service outstanding and the view of the street traffic great! i got the appetizer for two (for one) and i had leftovers. my pal liked it also and she said that she would come back.Special Features:
- Could have been better.DredlyDined on 8/10/20143rd visit. Reservation thru Open Table. Less than 5 minutes wait. Food disappointing this time. 10 oz prime rib. Although not bad, nothing special. Horseradish is rather tasteless way too mild and more mayo than horseradish). Food took a long time to come out. Onion soup for appetizer- lukewarm. Kitchen forgot extra mushrooms on my order and blue cheese topping on son's order. Son ordered filet mignon which he quite enjoyed. 7 year old daughter had grilled chicken off children's menu and it was so dry and overcooked that she didin't eat any of it. Kudos to Weber because they voluntarily took it off the bill. Overall, I still enjoy going to Weber Grill and will do so again next time in Chicago. Next time will order a different steak.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!MelissaADined on 8/10/2014Everything from the shrimp cocktail to the entree was delicious. Food is very tasty as it is high quality and complimented with interesting pretzel rolls. So far we have eaten both chicken and steak varieties. Excellent preparation as all meat is tender andj juicy.Special Features:
- Good Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We had a bachelor party dinner here, and it was great. The food and service were both really good, and everyone enjoyed themselves.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive Parking FeeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Self Parking was too expensive $31.00 for less than 3 hours. Otherwise everything else was good.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014Great service. Our waitress was Nicole and she was outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weber GrillKitchenGuyVIPDined on 8/8/2014Although it is a likely tourist destination it is a good restaurant especially for any Weber grill enthusiast. Food is cooked over giant Weber Grills and the menu is a good representation of typical outdoor prepared favorites.
- Good / DifferentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014We ordered the BBQ Combo dish and it was good. The outside seating was inviting.
- Anniversary dinnerGTfromtheDDined on 8/7/2014We have come to Chicago many times and we like to include Weber Grill on our list of restaurants to hit while in town. This was not our best time. While not bad, my NY Strip was not as tender as one would expect from a 28 day dry aged steak. Good flavor but a little "El Dente" for me. Having said that the prices are reasonable, the energy is great, the service was very good. Also, it should be noted that my wife had the Surf & Turf and she said it was outstanding. We will be back with maybe a different selection on my mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth tryingNatashaDined on 8/7/2014Worth trying, food was good, experience good, not super cheap, so would not be dining there regularly, but cool for a special night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jtjtVIPDined on 8/2/2014Even though I live in the area, I had never been to Weber Grill before because we are not meat-eaters. Tried it last weekend on a friend's recommendation, and was not disappointed! Sitting outside was very conversation-friendly, and we were able to enjoy great food, great service, and great weather. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- NotablewindycitybarbqueDined on 8/2/2014Weber's Grill was recommended to us by friends who are extensive travelers and who know good food all over the world. Weber's was on the top of the list for Chicago. We went for lunch and were not disappointed in the food, the wonderful waitress or the ambiance. Next time in Chicago we will certainly do dinner!Special Features: