Weber Grill - Chicago
539 N. State Street
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Weber Grill - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.webergrillrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 312-467-9696
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am-10:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am-11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Sunday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Luis Montesinos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Weber on Wheels Catering - catering services including delivery and on-site grilling.
- Private Party Facilities: Big events call for big fun and big flavor! You won't find a better host than Weber Grill Restaurant for your next event. Private wine rooms, cozy fireplaces and covered patios can be found at all of our locations and these well designed rooms are perfect for your next corporate or social function. Our professional event staff will make your experience seamless, so all you have to do is treat your guests to the very best in inspired firecooking...Weber Grill Restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Katz 312-467-0574
A word from Weber Grill - Chicago
Owned by the company that set the standards for outdoor cooking: Weber Grill Restaurant is the culmination of fifty years of grilling expertise. With everything prepared on authentic Weber charcoal kettles, the menu offers the best in Classic Outdoor Grilling including: steaks, seafood, barbecue, and burgers. The restaurant boasts an open kitchen, customized private events, patio seating, & grilling tips.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Weber Grill - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
365 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (136)great for outdoor dining (135)special occasion (111)great for lunch (100)kid-friendly (90)fit for foodies (87)neighborhood gem (64)hot spot (54)romantic (40)great for brunch (35)late-night find (34)vibrant bar scene (26)notable wine list (24)scenic view (20)Show More
- SlippingReturnerDined on 9/20/2014We usually have a great experience at Weber, but the service and the steak was not up to par this time. I hope this was a one time miss as we always love coming to Weber and would hate to see this be a trend.Special Features:
- Wonderful Service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014We were celebrating our 30 wedding anniversary and the staff could not have been more accommodating. Everyone we came in contact with wished us happy anniversary. They had flowers with a card on our table. We were served champagne and dessert on the house. We could not have been more pleased at how much they went out of their way to make sure our dinner was memorable. Our meal was outstanding also. Thank you Weber Grill!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014I had only one problem at weber grill and that was unfortunately how my filet was prepared. Both my wife and I ordered the filet mignon medium hers was done right and was perfect, mine unfortunately was overlooked. Both the the server and a manager who brought back my steak were very apologetic and the new steak was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Best to have reservation. Had excellent food and great quality of service. Good spot for any occasion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeberGrillFanDined on 9/16/2014Weber Grill is always on the must dine list when visiting Chicago!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014it was GREAT- friendly environment-- excellent service -- terrific foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!LovefoodDined on 9/16/2014Weber Grill is an amazing restaurant with great food and great service. After my first experience at Weber, I wanted to have every meal at the Weber Grill. Megan, the waitress who served us during our first visit, was absolutely phenomenal! She was so knowledgable of the menu, excited to serve us and very energetic. She provided us with all the information we needed to make perfect selections. I ordered a hamburger, and it was the best hamburger I've ever had. The next day I ordered the same hamburger. It was amazing! The charcoal grilling adds wonderful flavor to the food which places this restaurant above others in that respect. When I return to Chicago, the Weber grill is going to be the first stop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible hostessMoniDined on 9/16/2014Food and waiter great, but experience seriously damaged: I gave my name when I sat down, told my partner's name and said she had never been there before. When she arrived, she was told I had not checked in yet. The error seriously cut into our time for lunch. Sad, because she is a cancer patient that was in-between doctor's appointments, so we only had a limited interval as it was. I don't see how you can lose track of patrons at 11:15 AM, when the place is mostly empty anyhow. What's the point of making the reservation in advance?Special Features:
- Very good but...EliboooDined on 9/15/2014I loved the food, wine, waitresses. Ambiance was good too, kind of loud but not enough to demerit food and service. My only problem was waiting time. I did my reservation with time, arrived 15 minutes before yet my waiting time was 45 minutes. That is my issue.Special Features:
- I wish I tried a steakOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014I had ribs and after I was don't I wish I would have tried a steak. The service was great and the food was good.Special Features:
- sherryVIPDined on 9/13/2014They always try to seat you as closely as possible to your. Resservation time and considering how busy they are, that is greatI would recommend this to a friend.
- food other than steak - not good.lrtan1128Dined on 9/13/2014we ordered two appetizers, the bruschetta and the lime shrimp and the portion size was just sad. There were four of us and the bruschetta was cut in three pieces and there were only four shrimp.My friend and I had steak which was good. My husband ordered ribs and meatloaf and it was awful. He couldn't get any meat of the four ribs that was served and the meatloaf was like a hamburger with bbq sauce on it. The portion of the ribs was pathetic. My other friend ordered the ribs and brisket. Her ribs were the same as my husband and she was served chicken at first instead of brisket. That was corrected. For the prices, the portion sizes need to change. We paid alot of money for very little food with some of our meals.Special Features:
- A victim of its own successnbks3Dined on 9/12/2014We wanted 8pm but were able to get a reservation for 8:15pm. The restaurant was so busy on arrival we had to fight through a crowd of people waiting for tables, just to get to the hostess desk, and then had a 15 minute standing wait to be seated. Once seated, after the usual introduction by our server and receiving bread and waters, I ordered a draft beer. I didn't receive my beer until 2 minutes before 9pm, 25 minutes after ordering, and 45 minutes from the reservation time. My girlfriend's drink arrived, so why does it take 25 minutes to pour a beer? The food itself was of the usual high standard, but I didn't much enjoy the evening, and the only explanation was that they were busy. Well, there will be 2 people less next time.
- Not enough rpom for a review.OrdinaryfoodDined on 9/12/2014While i would not recomend, if asked i would not discourage, only offer my honest opinion.
- a long wait even though I bookedFedoraDined on 9/12/2014even if I have reserved a table, we had to wait for 40 minutes to get the table. Moreover, in the reservation I have specified that we have 2 kids, but they don't take it into account and we had to wait standing in the entrance of the crowded restaurant. This restaurant has a frenzy atmosphere and it seems more like a grilled meat factory than a relaxing and enjoyable place. The food is good, but the waiting does not worth it. The waiter kept coming up to us saying "take your time" , but he seems to want us to hurry to finish dinner!
- Exceeded our expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014We really enjoyed our time at the Weber grill. The atmosphere was true to the brand, our server was fantastic and the food was awesome. We loved the ribs so much we asked for the recipe (I'm an avid griller). Our server came back with the actual recipe! How awesome is that! On top of that the price was quite reasonable.Special Features:
- NOISY, but good food and staffHankReardenDined on 9/11/2014We brought our group of four in and had to wait for 20 min past our reservation time. The lobby was so crowded on a Thursday night, that we had to wait on the sidewalk, while local bums asked us for money. The volume inside is near-deafening, so don't plan it for a romantic outing. However, they delivered on what they promise with outstanding steaks and sides. Our waitress was right on top of things. Good beer selection too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!marthaVIPDined on 9/10/2014Always a great spot! Would recommend the BBQ even though a bit smokeySpecial Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Maybe I've gotten older and come to appreciate finer cuisine but I have to say I could have done much better myself. My friend and I both had the New York Strip special. Although cooked properly it had little or no seasoning. The side of broccoli was undercooked. The waiter was not knowable and a bit abrupt. I will not be going back.
- BBQ lunchcamkingVIPDined on 9/8/2014I had the combo of the sausage, chicken and ribs - hard to go wrong with that, and it was delicious. Service was good. It was a quiet time of day, so not many people there to create any real ambience. I was given a booth alongside the kitchen which was fine, but I would have liked the option to sit elsewhere (even outside)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Matt BIMsuffdDined on 9/7/2014I got there a few minutes early and after a little confusion at the hostess station (maybe name spelling?) they found my reservation. While I waited I watched the chefs prepare the dinners in the kettles inside, that was great. I was given an outside table at the time I had reserved. The beer selection was good and I enjoyed both my pre-dinner and dinner beer. I had a perfectly cooked steak, my friends enjoyed their meals as well. I have been using a weber grill since childhood, I must say I am biased about the place but they did not let me down in any department. Awesome meal. Great service. Smiling people. Thanks, I have no constructive comments to render. Wish I could stay in Chicago longer. I would go back often.Special Features:
- Cool restaurant, but expected moreRossNightOutDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I stopped in for dinner during a visit to Chicago. The restaurant vibe was nice and I certainly enjoyed being in there. However, my chicken was quite bland and my grilled shrimp appetizer was over-cooked and though I was told that it was going to be made with "jumbo" shrimp, there were 4 medium-sized shrimp instead. My husband's ribs were good, though. Overall, I was definitely disappointed with the food, but I liked the vibe so I would probably try them out again. There was a pretty sizable crowd, so it's possible that my experience was not typical.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good - When cooked rightSayreVIPDined on 9/7/2014I ordered the pork chops. A server in the past told me that they recommend cooking them medium to medium-rare (which I also recommend). One of the pork chops was cooked nearly well done, but it was still tender and juicy and still very good to me. I had no issues. The other one looked like it had barely been on the grill. The outside was crisp, but the entire inside was completely pink/purple-ish and you could not even chew it. I sent it back, and they brought me a new one cooked the exact same way. I sent that back as well. The waiter seemed annoyed, but took it back and had them cook it longer. This was the first time in my life I have ever sent food back (aside from when I have found hairs).Special Features:
- Poor food qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014For a place called Weber Grill the food was not very good.
- Shows you how you should BBQEugeneHDined on 9/1/20142nd time coming. First time was around 2004. Visiting from out of town. Still great food. First time was my first time trying a beer can chicken. It made me sad because they showed me how I should be BBQing, but wasn't. This time, had the Southwestern brick chicken. Wife had the BBQ combo platter. My chicken was good. Here chicken and brisket were good. Ribs were a little dry. Huge s'mores with molten chocolate cake was fantastic. Given the size of the cake, you'd expect most of it to be cooked out, with less liquid. Not so. Fantastic. Service was friendly and good. Still on our to-recommend list.Special Features:
- good foodrlernVIPDined on 8/31/2014service could have been better, but, the food was delicious and reasonably priced. it would have been nice if all of the food came out at the same time, but, the waiter forgot to put in one of the orders.Special Features:
- Welcome EnvironmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Weber Grill's Specials to celebrate their anniversary were excellent and the service was top notch as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen Seatingseasalt752Dined on 8/31/2014Unfortunately, we had a booth located in the kitchen and it was very loud. Our waiter was not friendly and basically just asked us "what do you want". We were not impressed with this restaurant and would not go back.
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014The concept of everything being grilled on Weber grills is fun; however the food isn't anything special. We had a burger, ribs and grilled, smoked sausages.. all of which were ok at best. We were sat at a booth right by the "food line" where they prepare the food and our entire time at the restaurant it was hot from the grills and very smoky. We didn't have a steak which would probably be good however there's many more places in Chicago to get a good steak.Special Features:
- ServiceAllItalianDined on 8/30/2014As always, the food was delicious. However, our server was not friendly or helpful at all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Best food we ever had!! Great service! Friendly and fast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our FavoritesJz33Dined on 8/30/2014Great spot for a relaxing dinner with Great Food. We sat outside and watched the people while having an awesome family dinner. We highly recommend the BBQ combo on menu.Special Features:
- The food was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014This was a great experience. Our servers was great. They had a special anniversary three course meal, which I had. It was $25 and you got a little quiz to take about the Weber Grill. Our server gave us great information. For getting the quiz answers correct the manager have me a $25 gift card which never expires. Win, win!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Anniversary!minichicagogirl28Dined on 8/29/2014On a whim a group of friends and I decided to try the 25th Weber Anniversary lunch special. We also ordered desserts and appetizers and could not have been happier! It was bliss! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was unparalleled!Love2DineDined on 8/24/2014I dined at Weber Grill on a Sunday evening with my parents. We were running late for our reservation & called to let the restaurant know. The host was very kind and we were seated immediately upon arrival, even though there was a wait. Our server, Shawn, knew the wine list & recommended a great bottle of champagne (Brut, Domaine Ste. Michelle, Columbia Valley, WA). My father, obsessed with BBQ, could not make up his mind on what to order. Shawn pointed out their BBQ combos (choose two $18.50, choose three add $6.50) & recommended the Black Angus Meatloaf for one choice, which my father loved! We received our food promptly even though the restaurant was full. Shawn was personable & very attentive to our needs. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Prime rib was best I ever had. Flank steak was perfect. Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousKTfromWoodstockDined on 8/23/2014This was oor third visit to this restaurant. The wait staff was attentive and the food was wonderful. My husband ordered a customized appetizer to which the kitchen accommodated. Very much appreciated. Would go back again. Our kids love it too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Surprised that we were seated in the middle of the floor when many booths were available. Noted that it was a special occasion and wasn't treated that way. Service was very slow with our drinks (lemonade and coke).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big portionscjtvsDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I went here during happy hour on a Friday. Since we sat at the bar, I can't comment on the regular table service, but our bar servers were OK. We only ended up getting two apps since the portions were huge. Would return if in Chicago again.Special Features:
- You gotta try itBoardingpass007Dined on 8/20/2014Great open kitchen, they are using our famous Weber grill. My wife and I took the combo meat ( ribs, brisket and meat loaf )! Everything was good but the winner is the meat loaf. It has everything to be a tourist trap but I is not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.