Weber Grill - Chicago
539 N. State Street
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Weber Grill - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.webergrillrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (312) 467-9696
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am-10:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am-11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Sunday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Luis Montesinos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Weber on Wheels Catering - catering services including delivery and on-site grilling.
- Private Party Facilities: Big events call for big fun and big flavor! You won't find a better host than Weber Grill Restaurant for your next event. Private wine rooms, cozy fireplaces and covered patios can be found at all of our locations and these well designed rooms are perfect for your next corporate or social function. Our professional event staff will make your experience seamless, so all you have to do is treat your guests to the very best in inspired firecooking...Weber Grill Restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Katz 312-467-0574
A word from Weber Grill - Chicago
Owned by the company that set the standards for outdoor cooking: Weber Grill Restaurant is the culmination of fifty years of grilling expertise. With everything prepared on authentic Weber charcoal kettles, the menu offers the best in Classic Outdoor Grilling including: steaks, seafood, barbecue, and burgers. The restaurant boasts an open kitchen, customized private events, patio seating, & grilling tips.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Weber Grill - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
340 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (149)great for outdoor dining (111)fit for foodies (106)special occasion (94)hot spot (75)kid-friendly (73)great for lunch (73)neighborhood gem (71)romantic (36)late-night find (34)vibrant bar scene (32)notable wine list (25)great for brunch (23)scenic view (17)Show More
- Dinner DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Reservations for a small group of six. Excellent table, waiter was engaging and friendly, nice touch with one of the chef's checking on our dining experience. Ambiance is fun, the restaurant is vibrant and popular. The food was terrific and very reasonable priced for a good steak house. This is a good place to go when visiting Chicago. Neighborhood is interesting and walkable to downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!PoodiwhoprDined on 11/9/2014We always look forward to dining at weber when we visit Chicago! Always great service and awesome food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sandy from MichiganSandyDined on 11/9/2014A friend recommended Weber Grill for our visit to Chicago. Loved the atmosphere. I appreciate when the server makes recommendations, and we were pleased with the overall dinner. Smoked pork chop was best my husband had ever had. Great baked french onion soup. Good value. Would definitely come back, and would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved itYummyDined on 11/8/2014Went there for a birthday dinner. There was a card waiting on the table, that was so nice! Our waiter was extrememly nice. Food was amazing and the drinks were awesome. I recommend the Mango Mai-Tai. We will return very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAnnoyednChitownVIPDined on 11/8/2014It's Weber Grill, kind of like the McDonalds of expensive food.... never going to be bad, but never going to be "Wow that was the best meal I've ever had".Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Devin, our host, was very good at his job, food was fresh, delivered in a timely manner.Special Features:
- WonderfulMindyDined on 11/7/2014Delicious - a great way to end the day! The mahi mahi was amazing and the steak was delicious too. The food was great and prices were affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality at a reasonable priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Good food and great service. Reasonable price for the qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceChicagoVisitorDined on 11/6/2014My overall experience at Webbers was excellent because they care about customers and the quality of food is great, they have a good menu variety with meat and non meat dishes, a veggie can enjoy Weber.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceNachoDined on 11/5/2014Went there for a birthday dinner and it was all our first time. I was pleasantly pleased by the overall experience. The food was outstanding. We had the Tuscan bruschetta, and we split a garden salad. All were delicious. We had the surf n turf and it was cooked to perfection. We would definitely visit this establishment again and hopefully very soon. ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grilled Food that tastes greatDeedeeVIPDined on 11/4/2014You know what you are going to get, Weber grilled meat. I thought the Tuscan Chicken was delightful.Special Features:
- WinoVIPDined on 11/4/2014The restaurant didn't live up to the billing. The Weber name implies great grilling and good steaks. We got neither and left very dissatisfied. Food was average at best and the overall quality was definitely lacking. Our Japanese guests were not impressed.
- Always FunMTLfoodloverDined on 11/4/2014Every time I go to Chicago I simply have to go to Webers at least ounce. Great food, great value, true backyard BBQ done right! Amazing steaks at a very reasonable priceSpecial Features:
- BigRDined on 11/4/2014Good spot for BBQ and other casual foods. Well attended place- good value on most items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A letdownGastrographicDined on 11/3/20143 friends said this place was great. We arrived on time for our reservation. The bar/entry was crammed with people and at least 15 degrees warmer than outside. We were not seated immediately but didn't wait long. Bloody Mary I'd heard so much about was pedestrian other than the antipasto garnish. Wrong appetizer was delivered; had to convince the food runner that it wasn't ours. Just finished our app when entrees arrived. Servers just dropped the plates in front of us and only removed app plates when asked, even though we were clearly done. Portions were smallish but OK for the price. It was only 4 days ago and I can't remember what I had, so the food was not memorable. Enjoyed all our other Chicago dining experiences much more.
- Waiters in the spirit!Kiwimomof2Dined on 10/31/2014It was Halloween, we were out of town with our kids and it was my husbands birthday! I delivered candy to the hostess who endured our waiter got it and then he had the kids trick or treat with him! He was fantastic and made our night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersilovefoodDined on 10/29/2014Our group was very impressed. The food was amazing and so was the service. Highly recommended and will be going back next time visiting Chicago.Special Features:
- Great food but crowded placeKfromSchwabenDined on 10/25/2014Us being a group ciming from a rural area in Germany we enjoyed the food a lot. We felt a little bit chilled due to air conditioning...I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Weberred"JamesDined on 10/25/2014Excellent service, food was very good!!! Busy Saturday night, but hostess was excellent and we had a table for 8 reserved and were only slightly delayed in a really crowded very busy time, vibrant scene. Everyone was satisfied!!! "Weberred"Special Features:
- Weber Grill Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014The food and atmosphere were good. It's a great place to take your man if he's into grilling! The giant weber grills were like toys to a toddler for him. lol The only problems we had was that our waiter, although polite, was not very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently terrific restaurantEdmondsResidentVIPDined on 10/23/2014Always great food and service. Great restaurant, great steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great flavorsciviltek02Dined on 10/23/2014The sampler of smoked meats is absolutely mouth watering. Perfect blend of smoked flavor and sweet/tangy barbeque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good solid dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/21/2014Good steak, good salad..... Not a romantic spot for sure... Too noisy Service was great!!!Special Features:
- good foodjeannieDined on 10/20/2014We were trying to decide what to order and ended up sharing the appetizer plate for 2, gave us a good idea of what we may like to order in the future.Special Features:
- A Gem!!!!BirthdayDinnerDined on 10/20/2014The food was great, especially the Bourbon Baked Beans side dish. Service was caring and impeccable. I had the BBQ 1/2 chicken and it was moist and very tasty. try the Apple Spice Sangria for that special balance to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2014Love the concept and the menu for Weber Grill - I wish I had one in my home town. The shrimp appetizer is so good as was the brick chicken and parmesan crusted NY steak. The dessert, the caramel apple pie had the best crust I've ever had - made in-house and so flakey. Our server was just the best - friendly, personable and really seems to enjoy working there. If you're in Chicago and looking for a place where you'll get good food and is something that isn't a complete gimick cliche, this is your place.Special Features:
- expect reservation 2 be pushed backMariaFDined on 10/18/2014Had to wait 45 minutes past reservation time to be seated. Dinner was served cold. Not sure will return.Special Features:
- Sweetest Day/Anniversaryluv4foodDined on 10/18/2014I was very pleased with my reservation. I specifically requested a booth and it was a nice big booth. Kind of off away from the hustle and bustle of the entrance and main dining area. The lighting was romantic. Service was great. Wine was reasonably priced. It was sweetest day they even provided chefs choice to share which was a cute idea, But we ordered off the menu I ordered the Surf and Turf. Came with a filet and lobster tail cooked as I ordered. Flavor wise both were delicious. Lobster was small could've had a little bit more. But overall amazing. For sides I had the mashed potatoes and white cheddar mac and cheese. They were both very good. I have recommended this restaurant to friends and family and plan on returning in the futureSpecial Features:
- Great foodCookiemonsterDined on 10/17/2014The food was really great and the waiter was very kind, funny and always available.Special Features:
- UniqueIchiban186VIPDined on 10/17/2014Party of 4, were seated across from the open kitchen and it was fun to watch all the action. The mushroom chicken soup was divine; halibut was delicious. Everyone enjoyed their dinners as well. Server was excellent- friendly, attentive and efficient. Would definitely recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Truly helped to have a reservation. The food was delicious and we wanted to try this place as we were from out of townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Chicago FlavorDineaneDined on 10/17/2014Had visitors in from Italy and wanted them to have a true Chicago food experience, nothing Italian and surely not deep dish pizza! What's more Chicago then Weber Grill and meat! We have four kids 12 and under and this is by far the best kids menu I have ever seen! Ribs and steak skewers were the popular choices but the meal came with tator tots, fruit, vegetable, small drink and a chocolate chip cookie! I had the cedar plank mahi mahi special and my husband choose the sausage special. Our visitors enjoyed the burgers and salads. Many great choices and I will consider this place again for a nice dinner out with the kids. The place is a bit noisy so if you are looking to have a conversation with a bigger group this is not the place for you.Special Features:
- Good but long wait w/reservationrdciiDined on 10/17/2014Arrived at 7:55pm for a 8pm Open Table reservation. Were notified there was a wait, and were not seated until 8:45pm. To their credit they did deduct $20 from our bill for the delay.
- A Chicago ExperienceHeddyDined on 10/17/2014Having reservations through OpenTable was a brilliant idea & glad I made them. We were sat right on time and our server Alex was exceptional. He was knowledgeable and courteous at every request. The food was Amazing. From the corn chowder the brisket, ribs and beer can chicken it was wonderful. It was a great place to start our Chicago trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RibsBusinessTrvlrDined on 10/17/2014Everything we had had that great charcoal taste. Ribs were fantastic. Only thing I'm ordering next time nit because other food wasn't good but because some of the best ribs i have had!Special Features:
- Fun Place, Good FoodslanzaDined on 10/17/2014We have eaten at Weber Grill twice while visiting Chicago from the Pittsburgh area. The chargrilled steaks are excellent, and it's a fun place to eat. I would recommend the restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Great barbecueMattandlenetDined on 10/16/2014Really good ribs. Fall off the bone. Everyone we are with loved their mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/14/2014The hostesses when you walk in are not super friendly or welcoming, but our server was, she was outstanding, great service, great food...we had the hickory smoked prime rib and it was off the charts fantastic, cooked perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expected!luv2eatoutDined on 10/12/2014Wow! This place was better than I expected. If you like great charcoal grilling, this is the place! Although the restaurant was a bit noisy for my taste, it was a great experience, particularity food-wise! Steaks were delicious. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much hypePsteinnhaDined on 10/12/2014We gave it a shot because it sounded like a cool place. It was very busy and has a great decor and story, but very average food.Special Features: