Weber Grill - Chicago
539 N. State Street
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Weber Grill - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.webergrillrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 312-467-9696
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am-10:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am-11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Sunday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Luis Montesinos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Weber on Wheels Catering - catering services including delivery and on-site grilling.
- Private Party Facilities: Big events call for big fun and big flavor! You won't find a better host than Weber Grill Restaurant for your next event. Private wine rooms, cozy fireplaces and covered patios can be found at all of our locations and these well designed rooms are perfect for your next corporate or social function. Our professional event staff will make your experience seamless, so all you have to do is treat your guests to the very best in inspired firecooking...Weber Grill Restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Katz 312-467-0574
A word from Weber Grill - Chicago
Owned by the company that set the standards for outdoor cooking: Weber Grill Restaurant is the culmination of fifty years of grilling expertise. With everything prepared on authentic Weber charcoal kettles, the menu offers the best in Classic Outdoor Grilling including: steaks, seafood, barbecue, and burgers. The restaurant boasts an open kitchen, customized private events, patio seating, & grilling tips.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Weber Grill - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
369 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (146)great for outdoor dining (133)special occasion (105)fit for foodies (105)great for lunch (88)kid-friendly (83)neighborhood gem (70)hot spot (68)late-night find (38)romantic (35)vibrant bar scene (30)great for brunch (28)notable wine list (25)scenic view (21)Show More
- A Gem!!!!BirthdayDinnerDined on 10/20/2014The food was great, especially the Bourbon Baked Beans side dish. Service was caring and impeccable. I had the BBQ 1/2 chicken and it was moist and very tasty. try the Apple Spice Sangria for that special balance to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2014Love the concept and the menu for Weber Grill - I wish I had one in my home town. The shrimp appetizer is so good as was the brick chicken and parmesan crusted NY steak. The dessert, the caramel apple pie had the best crust I've ever had - made in-house and so flakey. Our server was just the best - friendly, personable and really seems to enjoy working there. If you're in Chicago and looking for a place where you'll get good food and is something that isn't a complete gimick cliche, this is your place.Special Features:
- expect reservation 2 be pushed backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Had to wait 45 minutes past reservation time to be seated. Dinner was served cold. Not sure will return.Special Features:
- Sweetest Day/AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I was very pleased with my reservation. I specifically requested a booth and it was a nice big booth. Kind of off away from the hustle and bustle of the entrance and main dining area. The lighting was romantic. Service was great. Wine was reasonably priced. It was sweetest day they even provided chefs choice to share which was a cute idea, But we ordered off the menu I ordered the Surf and Turf. Came with a filet and lobster tail cooked as I ordered. Flavor wise both were delicious. Lobster was small could've had a little bit more. But overall amazing. For sides I had the mashed potatoes and white cheddar mac and cheese. They were both very good. I have recommended this restaurant to friends and family and plan on returning in the futureSpecial Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The food was really great and the waiter was very kind, funny and always available.Special Features:
- UniqueIchiban186VIPDined on 10/17/2014Party of 4, were seated across from the open kitchen and it was fun to watch all the action. The mushroom chicken soup was divine; halibut was delicious. Everyone enjoyed their dinners as well. Server was excellent- friendly, attentive and efficient. Would definitely recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Truly helped to have a reservation. The food was delicious and we wanted to try this place as we were from out of townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Chicago FlavorDineaneDined on 10/17/2014Had visitors in from Italy and wanted them to have a true Chicago food experience, nothing Italian and surely not deep dish pizza! What's more Chicago then Weber Grill and meat! We have four kids 12 and under and this is by far the best kids menu I have ever seen! Ribs and steak skewers were the popular choices but the meal came with tator tots, fruit, vegetable, small drink and a chocolate chip cookie! I had the cedar plank mahi mahi special and my husband choose the sausage special. Our visitors enjoyed the burgers and salads. Many great choices and I will consider this place again for a nice dinner out with the kids. The place is a bit noisy so if you are looking to have a conversation with a bigger group this is not the place for you.Special Features:
- Good but long wait w/reservationrdciiDined on 10/17/2014Arrived at 7:55pm for a 8pm Open Table reservation. Were notified there was a wait, and were not seated until 8:45pm. To their credit they did deduct $20 from our bill for the delay.
- RibsBusinessTrvlrDined on 10/17/2014Everything we had had that great charcoal taste. Ribs were fantastic. Only thing I'm ordering next time nit because other food wasn't good but because some of the best ribs i have had!Special Features:
- Fun Place, Good FoodslanzaDined on 10/17/2014We have eaten at Weber Grill twice while visiting Chicago from the Pittsburgh area. The chargrilled steaks are excellent, and it's a fun place to eat. I would recommend the restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Great barbecueMattandlenetDined on 10/16/2014Really good ribs. Fall off the bone. Everyone we are with loved their mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/14/2014The hostesses when you walk in are not super friendly or welcoming, but our server was, she was outstanding, great service, great food...we had the hickory smoked prime rib and it was off the charts fantastic, cooked perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expected!luv2eatoutDined on 10/12/2014Wow! This place was better than I expected. If you like great charcoal grilling, this is the place! Although the restaurant was a bit noisy for my taste, it was a great experience, particularity food-wise! Steaks were delicious. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much hypePsteinnhaDined on 10/12/2014We gave it a shot because it sounded like a cool place. It was very busy and has a great decor and story, but very average food.Special Features:
- Cosy place with good meatpolyeniosDined on 10/12/2014Cosy atmosphere, kids friendly but with not much noise. Spacious tables, good service and friendly personnel. Portions not that big but food was well cooked and served on time.Special Features:
- Solid performanceDinesalotDined on 10/12/2014Good restaurant - does the basics well. Not complicated, great service and atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CardinalMommaDined on 10/11/2014We had a great first-time experience at Weber Grill in Chicago! Enjoyed the food....it was delightfully different than most chain restaurants. We made reservations online and the process was easy to use. The restaurant followed up with me via phone to confirm the reservation. The only complaint we have is the bill. It was a family-type environment (which we loved) but the bill was more of a "mom/dad date night without the kids" kind of bill. 4 beers and 4 dinners came to $154 (before tip). We weren't anticipating spending nearly $200 for a meal. We will gladly tell friends about our positive experience but warn them of the price. We probably won't return as a result if the price but we did make good memories while there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value for price!CartermleeDined on 10/10/2014Food was great, service was good, value for the quality of the food was awesome. Server forgot to bring appetizer before dinner, but he was very apologetic and took it off our bill. He was a great server! I would return again in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!JaneRitaDined on 10/10/2014Our server was really good, she did not rush us even though the restaurant was extremely busy. Loved the "grilled food"! The only thing that we didn't like was being squeezed into a really small table, practically on top of the people on either side of us. We barely had room on our table for our food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodsacrenoguyDined on 10/7/2014Good well prepared food. Had steak that was excellent with baked potato that was very good and green beans, excellentSpecial Features:
- sweetlady13Dined on 10/5/2014The food was good, but when I visit again, I would recommend getting the ribs/chicken combo. My husband had this and they were very tender. I had the 12 oz prime rib and it wasn't as tender as I wanted it to be. Although I ate it, but it could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ratedCot10tailDined on 10/4/2014The fantastic aromas lure you in from the street and you are really looking forward to something spectacular based on the sense of smell. However, the food was somewhat bland. I have to admit up front that I was put off because we had the dingiest waitress ever and we sat at the table for a least 15 minutes before she even took our drink order. It had been a long day for all of us and that started things off on the wrong foot. The food was mediocre at best and each of us in our party of 5 sampled each others' dishes. Ditzy waitress kept serving drinks and food to the wrong people and really seemed to take offense when we corrected her. I did get some cookies to go for dessert and they were the best thing any of us had sampled.
- Good food, slow serviceJuliaDined on 10/4/2014Overall a good experience, however service was slow which brings the overall rating down. Food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ribsjGerryDined on 10/4/2014Probably the best ribs I have ever had, nicely seared, fall off the bone tender and served with a wonderful bbq sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Weber GrillRobRDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I flew to Chicago just for her birthday dinner. The staff at the Weber Grill went out of their way to make my wife's birthday a special occasion. I was very impressed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/1/2014I love filet mignon and it was quite tastey. Even though it was mid-week, it was awfully loud. The service was good and the server was attentive. The first time we were here, we chose the cookies for dessert and they were soft and chewy. This time they were hard and crunchy. We hope they will be soft and chewy the next time we are in town and visit the restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Service Not so goodVareseVIPDined on 9/28/2014Wine was ordered when the food came out, but actually served when 2 diners had finished their meal. The ordered wine was marked as a natural / organic wine, but the label noted it contained sulfites. Wines can be made added sulfite free, so we question the labeling on their wine menu.
- Great FoodFoodieloveDined on 9/28/2014The food was AMAZING!! We had burgers and pork chops. Everyone had a great meal. On our list of places to eat when in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianeJoyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Service bogged down as the meal progressed. The strawberry daiquiri was over half foam, unfortunate because my daughter can have only one alcoholic drink a week (medication). The soup ordered did not arrive. To the restaurant's credit, drink and soup removed from check. Prices more reasonable than other downtown Chicago places.
- EnjoyablesurburbaniteDined on 9/27/2014Our group of 5 had reservations and were seated immediately even though we were waiting on 1 family member. We appreciated that. Our server was Mike and he did a great job. Our food was delicious and the drinks were kept filled. Would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Good eats at Weber Grill prices. It was nice to have meals prepared visually and cooked correctly.Special Features:
- Good food with issuesBirthdayGirlDined on 9/26/2014Our service was pretty average for a busy restaurant. We ordered over $40 in alcohol for a table of two. We also got an appetizer which tasted wonderfully but got there rather late. It was busy so I was patient. Our food came out prepared correctly but of course we couldn't finish it. Overall a nice meal. My problem is that our pretzel rolls were removed from our table without being asked if we were finished. Then we had our food boxed. The waiter took our plates out of sight which I highly disapprove of. Then we got home only to realize our sides and cornbread were not boxed with our meat. Neither of us had even began to eat them. After tip our bill was nearly $200 and we didn't end up with what we had paid for. Undecided about returning.Special Features:
- SIMPLY THE BEST!!!!SuperStanDined on 9/26/2014.....so the family went to Weber Grill to have a lil a B-Day dinner celebration. Our waiter "Alex", overheard my 4 year old son fussing about being hungry. He immediately offered to get his order started while me and the Mrs decided on our order. I dont think 5 mins went by before he brought my son's plate to the table. I was highly impressed and my son was totally satisfied. I ordered the bbq chicken and meatloaf. The B-Day girl ordered the Bbq meatloaf and ribs.....all i can say is Yum Yum Yum Deee-licious!!!!! We both agreed to declare this as one of the Best ever dining experiences we've had. The food was perfect and you couldn't ask for better service.....GOOD JOB ALEX!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food.terrikVIPDined on 9/25/2014Great for a family. The food is good. The service is great. Large portions.Special Features:
- Tom from MichiganOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Food was good, but a little pricy for the very small portions. I ordered a combo entree and got three short ribs and a hotdog-sized sausage. Really?? I'm a Weight Watcher and I normally eat more food than that for dinner. We ate at the downtown Chicago restaurant and was relatively pleased with the atmosphere and service, but (sorry) the ribs weren't as good as the Rock Bottom Brewery - right across the street. The BBQ sauce tasted like it came from the supermarket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceNWNWDined on 9/21/2014A lively place with great food and service. The staff make you feel comfortable even in a very busy atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Delicious & Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Especially recommend the smokey Joe Martini, Tomato & Onion Salad, and steak with Garlic potatoes. Really good food and the staff are so friendly & helpful.Special Features:
- NilraeDined on 9/20/2014I thought we received timely and attentive service. Our waitress gave great recommendations and was patient with our delayed dinner selections:-)). I selected the pork chop dinner; it was a little overcooked. Thus, overall it was great everning. Weber Grill is a favorite of mine; and, I'll certainly come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlippingReturnerVIPDined on 9/20/2014We usually have a great experience at Weber, but the service and the steak was not up to par this time. I hope this was a one time miss as we always love coming to Weber and would hate to see this be a trend.Special Features: