Webb's Captain's Table
115 West Lake Road
Mayville, NY 14757Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Webb's Captain's Table
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://webbscaptainstable.com/
- Phone: 716-753-3960
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Thank you for your interest in Webb’s Captain’s Table as the site for your upcoming event. With five banquet rooms, Webb’s is uniquely positioned to handle all of your needs. Our simple reservation process and time-tested reputation can assure you of dependable and dedicated customer service. Webb’s Captain’s Table offers a variety of menu options, including vegetarian and heart-healthy food choices. With advance notice, we can accommodate any special dietary needs. Webb’s is poised to handle all of your meeting and conference needs as well. Our professionally equipped and customizable rooms can accommodate from five to 250 people with the following services and equipment available: High Speed Wireless Internet Access Printing and Faxing Services Projection Screens Podium Break Out Areas Cyber Café If you have any questions or would like to set up a time to come in and view the rooms, please contact Ben Webb, Sally Webb or Andrew Lescynski at 716-753-3960.
- Private Party Contact: Ben 716-753-3960
- Entertainment: Our full service bar is well-stocked with single malt scotches, 12 draft selections, 110 selection wine list and just about anything else you are looking for. Here you can enjoy sandwiches, dinners and even tapas (small meals or larger appetizers). Webb’s is not just a place for dinner! Webb’s begins to come alive after 9:00 pm for special events like the Mayville Ice festival with live jazz, live entertainment featuring local artists, and free wine tasting. Summer brings our annual Championship series featuring flip cup and beer pong tournaments.
A word from Webb's Captain's Table
Welcome to Webb’s Captains Table! Webb’s is a third generation family business started in 1942 by Paul and Nadine Webb and carried on today by second generation Jim and Sally Webb, and third generation Ben Webb. Our main dining rooms provide a comfortable atmosphere appointed with rich wood paneling and solid oak booths. Both the main dining room and the Lookout room offer beautiful views of Lake Chautauqua. The main dining room boasts a cozy wood-burning fireplace - the only one in the area. Our menu features fresh seafood, steak, chicken, veal and vegetarian selections. Our weekly menu insert features our chef’s selection of appetizer, salad and entrée, as well as a wine selection accompanied with daily specials. The Deck at Webb’s is a second story open air, 60-seat deck with a gorgeous view of Chautauqua Lake. Join us for lunch or dinner and relax with a cool drink from the Deck’s full service bar. Open from Memorial Day to Labor Day.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Webb's Captain's Table - Best Restaurants in Mayville ›
Webb's Captain's Table reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (20)great for outdoor dining (14)special occasion (13)good for groups (11)romantic (9)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Birthday DinnerBirthdaypersonDined on 8/20/2014I chose this restaurant for my birthday dinner and am so glad I did. It was such a nice evening - beautiful restaurant, a view of the lake, good food, good service. I will definitely return and will tell my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give your customers what they askCircleTDined on 8/8/2014Overall decent experiance, we expected our steaks to be cooked the way that we ordered them. Especially for $36+ Each! The waiter did give us a free chocolate desert to try to make up for it, but that is not the point!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Webb'sspecialkDined on 7/28/2014I read a lot of online reviews about Webb's prior to dining there with my wife. Our experience was fantastic. The menu has many items to choose for most palates. The veal Oscar was delicious and my Rib eye was cooked to a perfect medium rear. Our server, Kyleen, was attentive but not a helicopter waitress; she did a nice job selecting a wine pairing for my steak. The desert menu is simple with several cheese cakes, a lava cake called a chocolate bomb and a crème brulee. The view of the Lake Chautauqua and its surroundings is probably beautiful in the fall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Looking for seafood and steak and that is what we needed, very good . Wanted somewhere special for our anniversary and that was the perfect place and the service was awesome.Special Features:
- Nice ExperienceJftrendsDined on 7/23/2014We were there with family and enjoyed our meals. The service was very good, and our waitress was very friendly. Our food was everything we expected it to be, from this long established restaurant. The decor is very nice and comfortable and inviting. We definitely will be back and thoroughly enjoyed Webbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location with great foodGARYFROMHAMBURGDined on 7/20/2014Situated across from Chautauqua Lake this restaurant is a fantastic spot for lunch or dinner after spending some time at the Chautauqua Institute. There are lots of choices on the menu for everyone. The food was delicious, the service was wonderful and the friendly people has made this one of my favorite places to eat.Special Features:
- Delicious!TravelChickDined on 7/19/2014Anyone who frequents Mayville and Chautauqua knows to stop at Webb's when your near. Expensive but delicious and special. It is odd that many dishes have the same sauce...I'd like their chef to learn some new ones...but it's great anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014Great view. Good service. Good food. Cute stores to visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not handicapped accessibleVisitorDined on 7/5/2014Four out of five meals were very good but my father's veal was over cooked. We were disappointed that there wasn't a way to get upstairs for guests that couldn't use the stairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fineOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/4/2014It was an ok experience. We were lucky though that they were open during July 4th weekend - it seemed that a lot of area restaurants were closed. My friend had a salad and another friend and I had the fish special (sorry, don't remember the name of the fish, but it's a local fish). The fish itself was tasty, but it was overpowered by the breading.Special Features:
- Beautiful lake view diningEyeluvbeaglesDined on 6/19/2014A beautiful June night looking over Chautauqua Lake! Wait staff helpful with recommendations and drinks weren't watered down. Good service and reasonably pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- patkgeVIPDined on 5/25/2014we took a ride to the lake and decide to stop for lunch at webs. Always a great lunch and the staff is very friendly. The deck was open so we sat ourselves. Our server a young lady second day on the job was great!. You would have thought she had been on the job for years. She made sure our drinks were refilled and checked back with us often. Can't say enough good things about webbsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond Exceptional !willowDined on 5/17/2014What a wonderful place to celebrate a special occasion! Everything from start to finish was outstanding!! Service, food, atmosphere -- all fabulous! We each had a different entree from the menu and every single one was wonderful ! Thank you for making our special occasion everything that we wanted it to be. We will absolutely be back again!!Special Features:
- Great spot near ChautaquaraycDined on 5/10/2014Menu was diverse and attractive. Service was friendly and attentive. Food was very good.Special Features:
- The following 106 reviews are from the Webb's Captain's Table reviews archive.
- Almost thereRandybDined on 5/4/2014The bacon wrapped shrimp was decent ..A bit overcooked but the bbq was amazing! Ham and potato soup was very good. My companion got the strip steak it was cooked correctly and good however the sautéed mushrooms had a chemical aftertaste..not sure why..possibly the oil they were sautéed in. I had the fisherman's platter...relatively mediocre and I chose to have it broiled..literally swimming in butter. We ordered 4 oz lobster tails ...overcooked and very very salty. The atmosphere was nice enough. Service was a little slow but acceptable. Wish the food quality was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014The atmosphere was very nice, quaint, quiet, and quite. Food was very good and we had wonderful service. They also have a nice gift shop.Special Features:
- Wonderful location!OnvacationVIPDined on 4/26/2014Great location and wonderful service. Perfect for families and special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A-M-A-Z-I-N-G2nd2noneDined on 4/20/2014My family, and I were very impressed with everything here. We drove over 2 hours to get to Webbs; and we already can't wait to come back. I couldn't find anything I didn't like. I loved the fact that they make you feel like family, and are happy to go out of their way for their guests. I am so happy I found Webbs. I made reservations online and can't wait to make reservations again. Well worth any drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst everRossDined on 2/15/2014Do not waste your time or $$$. It was awful! Food was over an hour to the table and the service was slow/poor.i asked Webb's to contact me regarding several legitimate concerns and was ignored. The entire weekend was a total disappointment. We stayed at Webb's also and this mistake will never happen again.
- Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/29/2013We have been here before and the meals were outstanding. This time, not so much. Veal was tough and not very flavorful. A little disappointed, but I would not rule them out. Perhaps their specialties are steak and seafood.Special Features:
- Enjoyable time!LynnDined on 8/31/2013If I were to give this restaurant a rating out of 100, I would give it a 90. I was satisfied with just about everything except the service was slow. We were there almost 10 minutes before anyone asked us what we wanted to drink. Then it took quite some time to have our order taken and the restaurant wasnt that busy. Other than that I was very satisfied.Special Features:
- Loved the scenic window viewSparklesDined on 8/31/2013Loved the scenic window view overlooking the lake. BLT salad with warm bacon dressing was outstanding.Was there for lunch and wasn't crowded or noisy. Service was fantastic. Would definetely go back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you're in the ChautauquaJimmyDined on 8/20/2013If you're in the Chautauqua vicinity and looking for a nice place for dinner, this will do. A bit expensive, but service and food are pretty good, plenty of parking and close to the Institute.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodating server.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2013Very accommodating server. Delicious food, beautiful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointingLornaDined on 8/9/2013The swordfish special was wonderful, but the fishermans platter was overpriced for what was served. Fish wasovercooked and scallops chewy.Special Features:
- Sunday's DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2013Our dinner at Webb's was as always very pleasant. We ordered the specials for the evening and left with doggie bags due to the generous portions. The food: prime rib, 1/2 chicken and chicken Oscar was perfectly cooked and delicious. Our server Nichole was attentive and very professional. Webb's is a standard of ours and we will certainly return.Special Features:
- Waste of moneyNodineDined on 7/26/2013Service was lacking. Food was poor. Never go again.
- great for all types of dinnersseanDined on 7/20/2013They really have enough room and different dining rooms that the experience can be whatever you want to to be but... make reservations and explain to the hostess what you're looking for. If you want loud and fun, or romantic and quiet it can be had as long they know what you want. The food is fantastic, wine list very good. Waiter was informed and gave good recommendations. It was our first time at restaurant and first time in the area, I'd return here without question.Special Features:
- Worth the tripMandGErieDined on 7/19/2013We have dined at Webb's Captain's Table on several occasions and have never been disappointed. Their French onion soup is the best we've ever had and that alone is worth the almost hour drive. The food, service, and ambiance are all excellent and the view of Chautauqua Lake is outstanding. Definitely recommend a visit to Webb's Captain's Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/14/2013Just what we were looking for!! Great view--live entertainment--good food. Wait staff were courteous and attentive. We would definitely go back again and would also recommend as a place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnersteveVIPDined on 6/28/2013very nice menu with sevral good choices under each category, ie, beef, seafood, etc. good salads exellent local wines from NY. Nice atmosphere across from the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeRonDDined on 6/28/2013Food was excellent. server was friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Just okay ...Over21Dined on 6/15/2013We sat outside, and the atmosphere was good for a nice summer evening. However, the food was nothing special - not for the price. In addition, we had a waiter with very little personality, who carded my fiance and not me after we ordered a bottle of wine with dinner. I thought it was inappropriate and insensitive to imply that one of us might be under 21when we are both adults who are well past underage drinking. When you come and spend $120 on a nice meal, you would hope to be treated with respect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out for a sunday drive andpatkgeVIPDined on 5/26/2013out for a sunday drive and decided to have a late lunch went on open table and Webb's came up. Made reservation and was pleasently surprized. Our host was very helpful as we said can we still get lunch at 4:00pm. He stated before seating us that sundays is dinner menu all day but we could sit in the bar area for a lighter menu. The bar was a great choice and our service was very good. Order their steak fries with your main selection you will be very impressed. Staff, food all was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All was great and food wasSurfTurfDined on 5/18/2013All was great and food was awesome (Surf and Tuf) but the service was very slow. The waitress was great just overall it took about 2 hours. It was a busy night though with several proms so we were fine to enjoy the scene,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful getawayJackoDined on 5/18/2013We travel to Webb's several times a year from out of town for a special getaway dinner, sometimes with close friends. Their signature dishes are delicious, and presented beautifully. Though the atmosphere is definitely upscale, and the service first class, it still maintains a relaxed and casual ambiance. Views of Lake Chautauqua enhance this relaxed feeling. If you're in the area be sure to put dining at Webb's at the top of your list of things to do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!bsenDined on 5/18/2013We celebrated my birthday and our anniversary at Webb's Captain's Table and had a wonderful dinner. I had the surf and turf and my filet melted in my mouth. I didn't even need a knife to cut it and my two lobster tails were as sweet and tender as could be. We had a corner booth and felt like the restaurant was just for my husband and me. We had a beautiful view of the lake and our condo across the lake. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. It's a wonderful night out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crowdedVickiDined on 5/18/2013I had a large party and we were accommodated, yet we were placed very close to another table with a large party of their own. There was very little room to move in between the tables and also very little room between the table and the wall. I would have also liked to eat on the deck as the weather was nice enough and had been nice enough for at least a week. The food was great. The servers could have been a little more attentive. Water glasses would go empty for fifteen minutes before being filled. The waiter also waited a long time before checking back in with us to see if we needed anything. The food is why we return to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful time.GarthDined on 5/18/2013My lady and I very much enjoyed our meal at Webb's Captain's Table. The food was excellent, the atmosphere was wonderful, and the service was great. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Nice place, decent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013We went for the Mothers Day buffet (Webb's has only 2 buffets a year, the other being for Easter) and it was a very nice experience. The food of the buffet was good, fresh and copious amounts, with the mix of the buffet rivaling that of Peek n Peak on a good day (no champagne, though). The seating was plentiful and varied: plenty of 4, 6, 8 even 12 tops. I would advise that one does the very prudent and smart thing: always make reservations and stick to them -- you'll save yourself and the staff any frustration. Based on this experience, we will visit Webb's again, for dinner, esp should we have larger parties than a 4 - 6 top. And by all means, stop by the candy shop and buy ANY of the DARK chocolates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.