Waypoint Seafood & Grill
1480 Quarterpath Rd
Williamsburg, VA 23185Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Waypoint Seafood & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.waypointgrill.com/
- Phone: (757) 220-2228
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Hans Scahdler & Kyle Woodruff
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer off site catering up to 75 guest within a 20 mile radius. For more information please call 757.220.2228.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer 2 rooms with private dining up to 40 guests. There are room requirements and minimums. For more information please call 757.220.2228.
- Private Party Contact: Tina Phillips 7572202228
A word from Waypoint Seafood & Grill
Welcome to Waypoint! A traditional destination with a creative journey in regional & coastal cuisine. Executive Chef Hans Schadler invites you to join him and his team in a culinary venture.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Waypoint Seafood & Grill - Best Restaurants in Williamsburg ›
Waypoint Seafood & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (27)special occasion (24)neighborhood gem (24)great for lunch (19)good for groups (9)great for brunch (8)romantic (7)notable wine list (7)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Outstanding cuisine in pleasant, modern settingHistoryLoverVIPDined on 11/14/2014Waypoint provides excellent cuisine in a pleasing setting. As someone who loves venison, its preparation at Waypoint is outstanding, & the special preparation w/ Southwestern seasonings was innovative & delicious. Seafood here is always excellent, & the pear/beet salad is a favorite. Service is pleasing & efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was as expected based on prior reviewsWakeCounty2014Dined on 11/13/2014We were on vacation for 4 days in the Williamsburg area. We went food shopping for our condo and saw an intriguing restaurant next to the Harris Teeter. We returned later for dinner. The food was exactly as described......good, not great. The wife and I would have expected a more flavorful dinner. Perhaps it was bland. The raw oysters were great so would recommend them highly. Vegetable plate + scallops were flavorless and the veggie portion was small. Schnitzel was just okay. Presentation was excellent as was the service. Don't think it was worth the price.
- First Time is the Charm!cockermomDined on 11/8/2014This was my first time having a meal at Waypoint, and I made my reservation without reservation -- I was confident that the restaurant would fulfill all my expectations, and then some. And it did! The greeting was warm; seating and service were attentive without hovering (our older eyes appreciated the backlit menus with bigger print!); and the food was exceptional, from the bread and beyond. Thank you for such a lovely evening, and for the talent in the back of the house, as well as the front of the house. Your restaurant made us feel very welcomed.Special Features:
- Good DinnerPegsterVIPDined on 11/6/2014Went with friends and enjoyed a good dinner. Have been there several times and the food this time was slightly disappointing. Hopefully, it was just an off night.Special Features:
- Syd34Dined on 11/5/2014Our meal as always was wonderful. Service tremendous and the guitarist that evening an added bonus. Varied specails and generous portions! We will be back. Lunch is also awesome there!Special Features:
- A Williamsburg GemHistoryLoverVIPDined on 10/25/2014This restaurant serves exceptional cuisine in a lovely, relaxed setting. The specials are innovative & feature local fish & excellent seafood, most notably the oysters. Our friendly & gracious server made the meal quite pleasant & provided prompt service with entrees hot, which is a requirement for me. We consider Waypoint to be one of the premier restaurants inWilliamsburg.Special Features:
- VunderbarpackratDined on 10/14/2014The Saurbraten was to die for. Melt in your mouth beef with red cabbage that was sweet and sour and a sauce that made the meal. Chef Hans has done a excellent job with a Oktoberfest month of great german selections on the menu. I will try to get back again before the end of the month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent cuisine and servicetraveltoeatDined on 10/4/2014First time dining here with wife. Food and service was excellent. There were special German dishes on the menu for Octoberfest, so I had the sauerbraten and it was great. Hard to find "real" German dishes. My wife had the shellfish and grits, also done extremely well. The chef did a great job on our dinners. Waitress was knowledgeable about the menu, wine, and beer. Very helpful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great, as alwayspj1112Dined on 9/21/2014i love this place. the food, the service and outdoor seating. just great, as always. i work in a very nice restaurant and when i go out i eat here.Special Features:
- Great as usualDrJohnVIPDined on 9/20/2014If you live anywhere near Williamsburg or you are a visitor, please do not miss this place. It never fails to satisfy! The people are simply great! And, by the way, the food cannot be beaten in the area!Special Features:
- always goodpj1112Dined on 9/14/2014had another great lunch. we had the sandwich with a fried green tomato, which was fabulous. our waiter, eric, was very helpful.Special Features:
- Outstanding...MJRinOHVIPDined on 9/12/2014Food, Service, Cocktails, Wine List.... We had a wonderful evening at Waypoint. My wife and I had several appetizers and a couple of cocktails and had ourselves a little indoor "picnic". The calamari with jalapeno peppers was super good - served piping hot, and not oily or greasy from the fryer - just perfect. We had the chilled seafood plate appetizer, and there was enough fresh lump crab meat to serve at least two people, very fresh with the proper accompaniments... We also had the clams and mussels which were just outstanding. The broth with the mussels and the house made crostini to dip in the white wine broth were just delicious. Fantastic all around. We will be back....Special Features:
- DisappointingsilkyDined on 9/7/2014This is a beautiful restaurant tucked into an unlikely location. We were greeted warmly by hostess and servers. The limited menu included a prime rib special which was pricey but attracted our attention. Crab bisque portion was miniscule followed by entrée which was served cold. After a return to the kitchen it came back to the table luke warm because the server explained the chef didn't want to reheat too much and sacrifice the medium temperature requested. Gravy served with the meal did not go back to the kitchen and cooled off during the wait. The server took the meal off the tab but overall this was a disappointing experience and I wouldn't return despite the lovely ambiance.
- Just So-So.TasteteamVIPDined on 8/28/2014If only the chef would could the beans. Not just give them a quick blanche. Inedible. The menu is not innovative. The combinations don't work.Special Features:
- One of the Best in WilliamsburgTravelFoodFunDined on 8/7/2014After several disappointing meals elsewhere, this was a huge relief. Excellent food, Great service, nice atmosphere. Seafood was incredibly fresh, well seasoned, elegant plating. Service was just right.Special Features:
- The following 87 reviews are from the Waypoint Seafood & Grill reviews archive.
- AwesomeCopperCoupleDined on 8/2/2014Great Restaurant, enjoyed it so much we went back the next night.Special Features:
- Superb cuisineHistoryLoverVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great food, w/ an emphasis on the freshest of fish & oysters. The beet & pear salad is a must w/ great ingredients & a delicious goat cheese for savory. Our party of 3 foodies was totally satisfied & will return repeatedly. Servers are friendly & pleasant making a visit a joyous,experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing second visitJimbobDined on 7/11/2014The first time my wife and I came to this restaurant, we were favorably impressed. However, this followup visit was disappointing. The food was served lukewarm - seemed like it had been sitting around for a while before being served. And the filet mignon and shrimp combination (surf and turf - how can you mess that up?) did not have a particularly good flavor.
- Worth the priceCaptjimrDined on 7/11/2014Food was well prepared and presented. A la carte pricing boosted the total quickly but everything was well worth the trip to Williamsburg; especially the Waypoint oysters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent.pj1112Dined on 7/10/2014my friend and i met for lunch, which was my second visit this month. our waiter, eric, explained the special and i changed my mind from what i had arrived planning on ordering to the ahi tuna he described. i cleaned my plate, literally, which is rare for me. the service matched up to the tuna. my friend had the salmon salad and loved it too. great menu. great food. oh and... i was escorted under an umbrella to my car in the pouring rain. very classy touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotTasteteamVIPDined on 7/10/2014Definitely recommend Waypoint for lunch. Appealing menu with very good prices.Special Features:
- doriedinerDined on 6/28/2014We always enjoy the atmosphere in the main dining room and the wine room. Sometimes it gets a bit noisy in the smaller room but the food is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well DoneBurgsDined on 6/25/2014We had a party of four, and were quite pleased with the entire experience. Food was quite good, and the service was very good.Special Features:
- Excellent as always1dinerVIPDined on 6/20/2014A frequent visitor to Waypoint. The food, service, ambiance always deliver. This time, however, one waiter was rather stiff and awkward. I had answered him that we would like to enjoy our cocktails as we were catching up after about a year and would order later. He kept coming back wanting to tell us the specials so we had to give in and listen. Then he continued wanting to take our order even tho we had not looked at the menu and still wanted to wait. His buddy or helper was quite cordial and kept the water glasses filled without interrupting. Perhaps the other one was new. I will be back and my friend who was a first-timer was quite impressed other than....Special Features:
- Disappointing anniversary1seafoodloverDined on 6/19/2014The waiter had no personality. My fish was very disappointing because it didn't have much flavor. Overpriced for what we got. It would have been helpful if the waiter made suggestions. Previous visits were much better.
- Waypoint is a keeper!!!FoodieVAVIPDined on 6/7/2014This was our 2nd visit to Waypoint and, as usual, it was flawless. The drinks were well-done; the service was perfect; the food was on point; and the ambiance makes you feel alone, even in a large room! We will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PlaceEmpressJaimieDined on 5/22/2014The food was outstanding! They started us with three different kinds of homemade bread along with house made pickles, ham spread, and butter. My husband had the weinersnitzel and loved it. The staff was friendly and professional. We had a blast and we'll be back!Special Features:
- ***Wonderful***GmanDined on 5/9/2014Great place!!! Hidden Gem.. Fantastic food!! Very attentive service. We would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone whom loves great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was dissappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2014I had been looking forward to trying this restaurant out and the food (quality and taste) to cost ratio just didn't work for me. However, the oysters were some of the best I have ever had...Special Features:
- DrJohnVIPDined on 5/2/2014As we were leaving a group of six was coming in. They said this was their first visit. We exclaimed this would not be their last!!Special Features:
- Great Birthday TreatWmbgfanDined on 4/30/2014I took a friend to lunch, celebrating her birthday. Service was attentive but low key, allowing us to linger over coffee without pressure. Food, as usual, was wonderful. The dessert treat was decadent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUST in WilliamsburgOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/24/2014We came from Ohio to visit Waypoint. We are truly glad we did. Everything was superb. Our server, Susan, was excellent. She described dishes and even made suggestions. She was extremely attentive on a fairly crowded evening. She even took us on a tour when our dinner was over. When in Williamsburg, take the time to visit Waypoint. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/24/2014The food and the service is consistently good. We continue to think of Waypoint first when we want to treat ourselves to an excellent night out!Special Features:
- Always a treat! We go at leastDrJohnVIPDined on 4/5/2014Always a treat! We go at least twice a month for lunch. Cannot go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very good restaurant.CardsPADined on 4/4/2014This was my first time at this place, and I have to say I will go there again. The service was very good, and it didn't seemed rushed and professional. The wine list was pretty good for the size of the restaurant. I will say the highlight of the evening was the calamari which was some of the best I've ever had, and I live at the oceanfront in Virginia Beach where there are numerous places that serve fine calamari. The main courses (both fish) were perfectly cooked, and the presentation was outstanding. Overall I would recommend this to anyoneSpecial Features:
- Williamsburg GemPAfcsVIPDined on 4/4/2014This is a special place with delicious food, super service, and a quiet location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A restaurant that seems toSandyDined on 4/3/2014A restaurant that seems to be always a good choice for good food and selection of menu items. Not disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a pleasant surprisemsjudyVIPDined on 4/2/2014This restaurant is in a grocery store shopping center, and exceeds expectations. The waiter was refreshingly wine-knowledgeable and the menu had some new twists on regional favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantBearwifeVIPDined on 3/19/2014The food here is simply incredible. Don't miss this place if you are in the Williamsburg area.Special Features:
- Always an enjoyable diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/5/2014Always an enjoyable dining experience at Waypoint!!Special Features: