Wayne Steak House
2230 Hamburg Tpk
Wayne, NJ 07470Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Wayne Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.waynesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 9736160047
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm, Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tomasz Pogorzelski
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Contact: Tony 9736160047
A word from Wayne Steak House
We invite you to the Wayne Steakhouse to enjoy a classic steakhouse experience rivaled by no other. Former waiter Tony Prelvukaj and cook Tomazs Pogorzelski from Peter Luger's welcome you to experience their take on a classic steakhouse. Offering the finest cuts of USDA prime dry aged steaks seared to perfection, only the freshest of seafood, mouth-watering side dishes created to enhance the flavors of your cuisine, along with exquisite desserts topped with homemade schlage whipped cream and coffees to conclude your experience. Tony has brought #1 Steak dining from NY to NJ. Wayne Steakhouse is the first and the only steakhouse in the country that offers free uncorking while you enjoy the finest cuts of USDA prime dry aged steaks!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Wayne Steak House - Best Restaurants in Wayne ›
Wayne Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (16)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (6)romantic (5)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Delicious but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014While it is a novelty to get a steak with Peter Luger quality in your neighborhood, I would prefer someplace with more ambience. The restaurant is bare with the exception of the full wall mural of a bull. Not very appetizing. The place has taken on a run down look. Sad because cousin brunos took such pride in the restaurant. Dinner was amazing but incredibly expensive. The wait staff was professional friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- FishVIPDined on 8/7/2014Very good food with very large portions . Excellent appetizers and desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wayne SteakhouseHankHuelsebuschDined on 8/2/2014Better than Peter Luger's. Steak is always fantastic. Service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steakOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/18/2014This is the place if you want to eat awesome steak and keep your wallet happy as well. It's a BYOB, so right there you're saving tons of money. Their 16 / 18 oz filet is approximately $8 cheaper than anywhere I've ever seen it before, so that's another step in the right direction. Overall, a great meal for someone who's not in the mood to get all dressed up and hit up a ritzy place for a nice slab of steak. Definitely do yourself a favor, and order up some steak here.Special Features:
- Outdoor Summer DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/12/2014We've been to Wayne Steaks many a time & this time we sat outside on their new furniture. It was perfect. The weather, the food & the service were great as always. It never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousKrisDined on 7/3/2014Having been to a very similar restaurant in NYC (with similar former employees) I would certainly choose to go to this wonderful restaurant instead of the NYC - somewhat cheaper and definitely more included for the price! Everything was exceptional....not a morsel was left when we were finished!Special Features:
- Mixed reviewMotherbeautifulDined on 7/3/2014Portion size is super generous. At our table of nine, there were mixed reviews about the meat. Some found the Porterhouse steak chewy and others found the steak perfect. Wait staff was very accommodating and friendly.Special Features:
- Expensive but worth itSchnauffyDined on 6/29/2014When you arrive for your 1st time, don't be alarmed, its tucked a little way off the main road and looks like a store front. We celebrated my husbands Birthday here with family. The food was outstanding, but expensive. The service was very good, but we didn't get the bacon the other tables got that was disappointing. Sides are a little small, but enough for 4 people each no more. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic placedepotdanDined on 6/27/2014Wayne Steakhouse is one of the best steaks I have ever had. Have been going to this hidden gem for a few years now. The bone in rib eye is the best, everyone I've taken there has loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrendous service & very poor mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2014Previously this was a very special place. This time it was an overpriced ($156/couple) disaster. The wait staff was horrendous. Our reservation was for 7 PM, the first couple order an appetizer. We arrived 15 minutes late and the waiter kept returning saying he was being pushed to get our order. A lobster salad was ordered. A tasteless crab cocktail was delivered. Our salad was never brought until we reminded the waiter and it arrived after the steaks, overdressed and uneatable. We had four "new"wait staff, and one was worse than the other. The "fruit dessert" was 12 strawberries and whipped cream for $12 and initially was not on the bill. We thought it was an apology but instead a waitress came over an gave us a second bill. Horrendous
- best steak in NjPickyEaterDined on 5/31/2014Reminiscent of Peter Luger's in Brooklyn. Best steak by far in NJ, and beats most Manhattan steakhouses as well. Pricey but quality to match. Been there three times and have sent friends there, but no disappointments so far. Hope they continue their winning formula.Special Features:
- I love this place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014The food and service is great everytime we go.. I'm normally not a steak eater, but after dining at Wayne Steak House I now absolutely love it and won't go anywhere else for it..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak ParadiseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/18/2014Pricey but always consistently delicious. Saves me a trip into Brooklyn. Tony is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Great ServiceTerrierBUDined on 5/11/2014My kids (4 yrs and 9 months) took my wife to Wayne Steakhouse for Mother's Day. The food was great and so was the service. Some nicer restaurants are not always kid friendly, and while the menu was geared towards adults, my 4 year old was happy sharing steak and his huge chocolate ice cream for dessert and my 9 month old enjoyed chewing on the bread. Wayne Steakhouse was very accommodating and made the night special. We all had a good time and everyone left full and happy. Thank you Wayne Steakhouse for making this a special Mother's Day for my wife!Special Features:
- Less is MoreLikeBYOBsDined on 5/10/2014Steak for two was quite large and certainly quite pricey but not as tasty as those I have grilled at home.Special Features:
- Wayne Steak House, a perfect 10KevinInTowacoDined on 5/10/2014My wife and I met another couple at Wayne Steak House. The food quality was equal to Peter Lugers in Brooklyn. The BYOB saved us on an expensive bar tab. The wait staff was excellent. They didn't rush us even though every table was full. The chairs were comfortable and the ambiance was perfect. Considering the quality of the food, the pricing was fair. For a special occasion or family gathering this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost thereMarkDined on 5/6/2014We are Four Steak lovers from the Jersey Shore who traveled to the Wayne Steakjouse as an alternative to NYC or Philly. In short the Appetizers and sides were very good. What really wasn't good was the Rib Eye steak, if your going to try to emulate Peter Lugers then simply tilt the plate up and dont let the steak sit in its own pool of fat. Also try to char both sites of the steak so the diner is not eating almost raw fat on the bottom, it seems as if you cook the steak on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 308 reviews are from the Wayne Steak House reviews archive.
- Excellent steakTGCreativeDined on 4/27/2014Went there for the first time this past Sunday evening thinking it wouldn't be busy. I was wrong! Several big parties, and lots of kids made it extremely noisy in such a small place. But bottom line, the food was great, the meat exceptional. Service was fine. Will definitely go back. Oh, and great that it's a BYOB!Special Features:
- Wayne Steakhouse, Wayne, NJGerriCDined on 4/26/2014The food at the steakhouse is great. Don't think about going there on a holiday. They overbook and make patrons wait for the next available table. Valentine's Day was a nightmare. If you are dining during a non-holiday week, you will enjoy. The food is aggressively priced and everything is a lacarte.Special Features:
- Peter Lugers it's not. ButGksenotsVIPDined on 4/25/2014Good food, good service at a reasonable price for what you get. We were a party of 4; ordered the steak for 3 and had plenty to take home. We will come back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not waste your money!!!KatyDined on 4/25/2014Over priced, bad location...Seafood was terrible.......Service was OK until they got busy and then it was terrible.....
- Wayne Steak HouseWallyDined on 4/19/2014The Wayne Steak House was great. The best steak I think I have ever had. The place is expensive even for a BYO but it was worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting betterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/11/2014This was our 3rd dinner at the Wayne Steakhouse in the last year, and it was the best yet. Our waitress was pleasant, attentive, and really understood the menu. We always start with oysters which were super fresh and delicious. My son and I shared the steak for two. The contrast of the different cuts was very enjoyable, a perfect medium rare, and full of flavor. Some people on here have complained about the prices. But you have to compare their prices to other steakhouses, and I don't mean Outback. When you factor in you can bring your own wine, Wayne Steakhouse is probably the best value in the area in what I would call the premium steakhouse category.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WoWCarlosDined on 4/3/2014I love this place !!!! The steaks were amazing I Had the ribeye med rare it was outstanding my girlfriend had the bone in FM It was also the best steak she ever had . The service was fast and very friendly, everything came on time . Thank you guys you are the best :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diners BewareOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2014Outrageously High Priced Food. Once we sat down and looked at the prices we were tempted to leave . But we decided to skip the highly overpriced appetizers and just get dinner. The dinner prices are not only way overpriced but they are not accompanied by sides the side orders are Ala Carte and were too overpriced to purchase. So we settled on a Steak and Chicken. The Chicken was so dry my Wife left half of it . The steak was very good but not for the size and price. My wife had water with her meal and I had a "small" class of Coke that cost me $4.00. Because our dinners were so expensive we opted out of dessert. A total waste of money.
- Not exactly Peter Lugers...Charlie61Dined on 3/29/2014Not exactly Peter Lugers quality - but close enough with no commute. Steak was a little too salty for my taste - others were okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakCarlosDined on 3/27/2014We organized a surprise birthday party in there, the team handled it in a very professional and respectful way, leaving us space however making sure we got everything we needed. Durem and Thomas were outstanding . I love this place !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place was outstanding....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014This place was outstanding.... Best Steak ever .....better then Steves SteakhouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakTaliaMDined on 3/22/2014We did a dinner for 10 and had a great time. The food was spot on, and the service was impeccable. Bring your own wine for now, they don't have a liquor license yet. I would highly recommend this place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wayne Steakhouse - Best Steak EverErikDined on 3/14/2014This was my first visit to the Wayne Steakhouse. Tucked in a pseudo strip-mall right off of the Hamburg Turnpike, the Wayne Steakhouse is an intimate but wowing experience. Four in our party, we order 3 16 oz. Filet Mignons and a Rib Eye all cooked to different degrees. As for appetizers, we ordered the Scallops and the Stuffed Mushrooms. Both dishes were spectacular and well sized for a group of four to share. The steaks arrived sizzling and were cooked perfectly. The fried onions (like Onion Rings, but not as heavy) were an amazing accompaniment to the beef. We ordered (and split) a side of sauteed Broccoli and the Creamed Spinach, both done very nicely. The cheesecake, Pecan Pie, Key Lime Pie, and apple strudel were also winners.Special Features:
- We've been to Wayne SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/26/2014We've been to Wayne Steak so many times & it never disappoints. The steak is always perfectly cooked and the side dishes are delicious. Tony is a wonderful host & makes sure you enjoy your stay. A great place to enjoy an excellent meal with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodRickDined on 2/20/2014Steak is outstanding and the side dishes were quite delicious also.We liked the way it was served..very unusualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steaksteakloverDined on 2/15/2014I read reviews from several sites and was rather confused so we decided to try it. It was very good, my ribeye steak was awesome and my wife's filet mignon was great. Salad was very nice and did not need any sides except we did order the sauted spinach which was very good. I had the onion rings which comes with you dinner, a little greasy but enjoyable. Not a restaurant for an everyday meal but for an important or romantic dinner it is well worthit! Steak is never cheap!!!Special Features:
- Bring your own bottle andReady2eatDined on 2/15/2014Bring your own bottle and enjoy a great meal. Steaks are done to perfection and the seafood is fresh and delicious. Save some room for the beautiful desserts served with freshly made whipped cream. The wait is worth it. Service is very good and will accommodate your needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge disappointmentApm610VIPDined on 2/14/2014Dining at wayne steakhouse with my husband on valentines day was a massive let down. We had an 8:15 reservation & while we expect it to be crowded and a little crazy on a holiday, we did not expect the service and food to be so subpar.Once seated, it took over 15 minutes for a server to introduce himself and take a drink order. We were seated around 8:30 and ordered by 9 however we didn't get our food until 10:30!! We watched numerous other couples who were seated after us order, get served, finish and pay before we ever saw our meals. The filet was undercooked & fatty, the lobster SO over cooked it was in edible, even the mashed potatoes had zero seasoning. Only positive was the kind older man who served us bread. Never returning!
- Busy busy Valentines dayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014My wife and I went there for Valentines Day and as you may have guessed, it was super crowded. No place to wait for a table, people have to stand in a 4 foot by 4 foot foyer area and wait patiently. It gets claustrophobic very fast. Since its BYOB there is no bar to hang out at. We had the calamari and clams casino as apps. Calamari was not crisp and the sauce tasted like it came from a jar. The clams casino was just average at best. The clams were plump and fresh but the breading was soggy and wet. Strange but it was edible. Steak was excellent and that saved the night! The german potatoes were like the hash browns you get at the local diner. Nothing special. The onion rings were a notch a above that but not by much.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but VERY expensiveRecentDinnerDined on 2/14/2014We had reservations on a busy Friday night and got stuck waiting a half hour anyway. The food was good however it was very expensive. We were told there was surf and turf special (no price quoted). Without any drinks at all and without any thing other than three portions of surf and turf our check including tip was $370. Sorry but $123 per person for an entree is crazy. I think the lowest price steak on the menu was about $50 or so. Now wonder the on line menu has no prices. NOTE: If you are going to have specials you should tell customers the price without having them ask. Telling the price allows dinners to make a choice. Thinking customers are going to ask meal prices with a date is not realistic, we will not be back again.Special Features:
- Awesome steak placeRavenDined on 2/14/2014Hubby took me there for Valentine's Day and it is undoubtedly one of the steakhouses I've ever been to. Hope to be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak at an expenseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2014The place was packed on a Saturday night. We had to wait half an hour for our reservation. The food was great but the specials were very pricey. $375 for four people before the tip. Good for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Service were very good...DAMTDNDined on 2/8/2014Food & Service were very good... servings were large and everything we had was excellent.... pricing is very high end... NYC pricing ... food quality and service make it tempting to go back but price was just too high for the over all experience...Special Features: