Wayne Steak House
2230 Hamburg Tpk
Wayne, NJ 07470Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Wayne Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.waynesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (973) 616-0047
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm, Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Tomasz Pogorzelski
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Contact: Tony 9736160047
A word from Wayne Steak House
We invite you to the Wayne Steakhouse to enjoy a classic steakhouse experience rivaled by no other. Former waiter Tony Prelvukaj and cook Tomazs Pogorzelski from Peter Luger's welcome you to experience their take on a classic steakhouse. Offering the finest cuts of USDA prime dry aged steaks seared to perfection, only the freshest of seafood, mouth-watering side dishes created to enhance the flavors of your cuisine, along with exquisite desserts topped with homemade schlage whipped cream and coffees to conclude your experience. Tony has brought #1 Steak dining from NY to NJ. Wayne Steakhouse is the first and the only steakhouse in the country that offers free uncorking while you enjoy the finest cuts of USDA prime dry aged steaks!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wayne Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (17)special occasion (14)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (4)romantic (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Wayne steakhouse is the best!!JamiePDined on 11/21/2014Best steakhouse in NJ! The wait staff is attentive the food is amazing and it's a Byob which couldn't be better. Skip the long drive to NYC and head the Wayne steakhouse instead!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak House in North NJOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014Just as good as any of the NYC steakhouses without the travel. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- sister4Dined on 11/8/2014no complaints at all steak was best I've had in a long time. Service was spot on.Special Features:
- Friendly steak houseBarbVIPDined on 11/6/2014In the tradition of Peter Lugar's, where the owner learned the business and has that restaurant's steak sauce on the table. The inclusion of a salad and onion rings with your order makes the price seem reasonable and the meat is top of the line and prepared as requested. Friendly service adds to a pleasant dining experience as does the BYOB policy.Special Features:
- Wayne Steakhouse - Great Food!!!SenioritasDined on 11/2/2014The food was perfect. Steak for 2 was more than enough. You are going to pay more than a traditional steakhouse but it's worth it. It is BYOB and don't fill up on appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014I have to say, been here many times and the service is getting worse every time. The food is very good and it is criminal that the service is so bad. You certainly do not come here for the ambiance. I will really think twice about coming back.
- Very disappointed.GanggreenerDined on 10/28/2014High end steak house prices without the quality. Nothing positive about the experience.
- Food is good; expensive $$$$JustVisitingDined on 10/26/2014Service and food were excellent! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. With that being said, "beware", there are no prices listed on the menu so order at your own risk or ask the server before ordering an entre'e.Special Features:
- SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/17/2014Always good. Cooked perfect. Service excellent. Our favorite local place. Tony is the best.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014Had to wait 30min with a reservation. Seafood was extremely overpriced. Better quality in NYC and better prices.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Food was excellent, but service was awful. We have eaten here before and service was very good. But this past Saturday it was terrible. I would definitely go back again and give it another try and hope it was just an off night and they were short handed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best for beef loverssashapitsDined on 10/4/2014We limit our red meet consumption so when we do have a steak we want it to memorable...Wayne Steak House is the place for a fine steak...and the fact that its BYOB is also great. I also liked having the entree served with the bone but carved...Will return...often!!Special Features:
- Bad ExperienceWayneFoodDined on 9/27/2014About an hour after we ordered, our waiter came over and said that they had run out of one of our entree choices. At this point it was after 9:00 PM and I couldn't get an answer whether they even started to cook our other entree. It all seemed disorganized. They "graciously" offered to let us have a more expensive dish for the same price. That was it - no manager or owner apology. Since I didn't really want a reheated $50 steak, we left.
- A Steak Place great for everything!CathyVDined on 9/27/2014We've come here a few times and never been disappointed. The steaks are so large we have finally started sharing them (this just allows us to try more things!) The Cap Cod Oysters were wonderfully fresh with a real briny taste and the scallops wrapped in bacon appetizer could be a meal. The side dishes are also large and very well prepared and the staff was friendly and service was exceptional. I have yet had room for dessert but I always find room for a bite of the strawberries and cream they bring to end your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but so-so servicePickyEaterDined on 9/20/20144th time this year. Food outstanding every time. If they could get the service right, it would be a world-class establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem💎👍Love2dineDined on 9/19/2014I've always been a Peter Luger fan, now I'm a Wayne steakhouse fan, oysters Rockefeller where excellent,steak outstanding,service is very attentive and we were allowed to BYO Will definitely recommend to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome tripJackH23Dined on 9/19/2014I took a trip to the wayne steak house with a friend of mine the other night and to be honest it was by far one of the best meals I've had. The food is absolutly amazing. The steak was the best I have ever had. The service was amazing I felt as if every employee there was working there hardest to give me the best service around. The appetizers, Main course, and the desserts were wonderful. I am definitely returning. If you want a great meat meal with amazing service then go to the Wayne steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful at Wayne'sgottasayitDined on 9/19/2014I don't write reviews often, but my husband and I had a wonderful dinner out at Wayne's and felt compelled to share. At Wayne's they have a lovely outdoor set up on the patio with wrought iron dining sets and umbrellas, so great ambiance. Add BYOB to that and you have an excellent foundation for a great night out. But we were just getting started. The seafood appetizers were fresh and delicious. The main course did not disappoint. My husband lives for steak and this one lived up to his dreams for a fraction of the price of Peter Luger's. The creamed spinach was a great side. The service was on point as well. This is a great place for a couple's night out, but next time we're planning to come back with a group of friends.Special Features:
- Service too Long!LoverofgoodfoodDined on 9/6/2014Service was terrible! Was there for over two and a half hours and still never received our entrees! We ended up walking out out of principle.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/6/2014It was very busy. We waited about 20 minutes. Everyone was very accommodating and apologized for the wait. Our waitress warned us ahead of time that the kitchen was backed up and apologized in advance but everything went smoothly for us. The food was very good. It is a bit overpriced given the location and lack of decor but being able to bring your own wine makes up for it.Special Features:
- great steakhousesteakloverVIPDined on 9/6/2014While it may not be the fanciest restaurant in town, the steak is top notch.
- dissapointedDougDined on 9/6/2014Although i have been to Wayne Steakhouse before, i was very dissapointed this trip. When we arrived, we were told our table was not ready and it would be a few minutes. During the wait we asked about the empty tables and were told that a larger party was expected later and due to that we could not sit at the table for 2 becuase they might need it. After 30 minutes of waiting we left without being seated and with the same table sitting empty.
- Delicious but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014While it is a novelty to get a steak with Peter Luger quality in your neighborhood, I would prefer someplace with more ambience. The restaurant is bare with the exception of the full wall mural of a bull. Not very appetizing. The place has taken on a run down look. Sad because cousin brunos took such pride in the restaurant. Dinner was amazing but incredibly expensive. The wait staff was professional friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Worst Dining ExperiencePuaDallasDined on 8/23/2014We can sum this up in a few words. Worst dining experience ever! We tried to dine here to celebrate our anniversary. After 2 hours we left hungry (never actually got to try the steak) and picked up sandwiches from the diner. Service was horrible. You could hear the staff yelling from the kitchen. Don't waste your time.
- FishVIPDined on 8/7/2014Very good food with very large portions . Excellent appetizers and desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wayne SteakhouseHankHuelsebuschDined on 8/2/2014Better than Peter Luger's. Steak is always fantastic. Service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 322 reviews are from the Wayne Steak House reviews archive.
- Excellent steakOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/18/2014This is the place if you want to eat awesome steak and keep your wallet happy as well. It's a BYOB, so right there you're saving tons of money. Their 16 / 18 oz filet is approximately $8 cheaper than anywhere I've ever seen it before, so that's another step in the right direction. Overall, a great meal for someone who's not in the mood to get all dressed up and hit up a ritzy place for a nice slab of steak. Definitely do yourself a favor, and order up some steak here.Special Features:
- Outdoor Summer DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/12/2014We've been to Wayne Steaks many a time & this time we sat outside on their new furniture. It was perfect. The weather, the food & the service were great as always. It never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousKrisDined on 7/3/2014Having been to a very similar restaurant in NYC (with similar former employees) I would certainly choose to go to this wonderful restaurant instead of the NYC - somewhat cheaper and definitely more included for the price! Everything was exceptional....not a morsel was left when we were finished!Special Features:
- Mixed reviewMotherbeautifulDined on 7/3/2014Portion size is super generous. At our table of nine, there were mixed reviews about the meat. Some found the Porterhouse steak chewy and others found the steak perfect. Wait staff was very accommodating and friendly.Special Features:
- Expensive but worth itSchnauffyDined on 6/29/2014When you arrive for your 1st time, don't be alarmed, its tucked a little way off the main road and looks like a store front. We celebrated my husbands Birthday here with family. The food was outstanding, but expensive. The service was very good, but we didn't get the bacon the other tables got that was disappointing. Sides are a little small, but enough for 4 people each no more. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic placedepotdanDined on 6/27/2014Wayne Steakhouse is one of the best steaks I have ever had. Have been going to this hidden gem for a few years now. The bone in rib eye is the best, everyone I've taken there has loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrendous service & very poor mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2014Previously this was a very special place. This time it was an overpriced ($156/couple) disaster. The wait staff was horrendous. Our reservation was for 7 PM, the first couple order an appetizer. We arrived 15 minutes late and the waiter kept returning saying he was being pushed to get our order. A lobster salad was ordered. A tasteless crab cocktail was delivered. Our salad was never brought until we reminded the waiter and it arrived after the steaks, overdressed and uneatable. We had four "new"wait staff, and one was worse than the other. The "fruit dessert" was 12 strawberries and whipped cream for $12 and initially was not on the bill. We thought it was an apology but instead a waitress came over an gave us a second bill. Horrendous
- best steak in NjPickyEaterDined on 5/31/2014Reminiscent of Peter Luger's in Brooklyn. Best steak by far in NJ, and beats most Manhattan steakhouses as well. Pricey but quality to match. Been there three times and have sent friends there, but no disappointments so far. Hope they continue their winning formula.Special Features:
- I love this place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014The food and service is great everytime we go.. I'm normally not a steak eater, but after dining at Wayne Steak House I now absolutely love it and won't go anywhere else for it..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak ParadiseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/18/2014Pricey but always consistently delicious. Saves me a trip into Brooklyn. Tony is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Great ServiceTerrierBUDined on 5/11/2014My kids (4 yrs and 9 months) took my wife to Wayne Steakhouse for Mother's Day. The food was great and so was the service. Some nicer restaurants are not always kid friendly, and while the menu was geared towards adults, my 4 year old was happy sharing steak and his huge chocolate ice cream for dessert and my 9 month old enjoyed chewing on the bread. Wayne Steakhouse was very accommodating and made the night special. We all had a good time and everyone left full and happy. Thank you Wayne Steakhouse for making this a special Mother's Day for my wife!Special Features:
- Less is MoreLikeBYOBsDined on 5/10/2014Steak for two was quite large and certainly quite pricey but not as tasty as those I have grilled at home.Special Features:
- Wayne Steak House, a perfect 10KevinInTowacoDined on 5/10/2014My wife and I met another couple at Wayne Steak House. The food quality was equal to Peter Lugers in Brooklyn. The BYOB saved us on an expensive bar tab. The wait staff was excellent. They didn't rush us even though every table was full. The chairs were comfortable and the ambiance was perfect. Considering the quality of the food, the pricing was fair. For a special occasion or family gathering this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost thereMarkDined on 5/6/2014We are Four Steak lovers from the Jersey Shore who traveled to the Wayne Steakjouse as an alternative to NYC or Philly. In short the Appetizers and sides were very good. What really wasn't good was the Rib Eye steak, if your going to try to emulate Peter Lugers then simply tilt the plate up and dont let the steak sit in its own pool of fat. Also try to char both sites of the steak so the diner is not eating almost raw fat on the bottom, it seems as if you cook the steak on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.