Wave Seafood Kitchen at Danford's Hotel and Marina
25 East Broadway
Port Jefferson, NY 11777Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Wave Seafood Kitchen at Danford's Hotel and Marina
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.waveseafoodkitchen.com/
- Phone: (631) 928-5200 ext. 170
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.; Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.; Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.; and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Sunday Brunch is also served from 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Levine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The newly renovated ballroom, fitting up to 150 guests, creates a lasting impression with a chic, intimate setting and panoramic views of Port Jefferson Harbor. The experienced staff, with an unwavering attention to detail, continues Danfords long tradition of uncompromising quality, unparalleled hospitality and cuisine. Menus feature only the highest quality ingredients and can be customized to please the most discriminating palate. Banquet services also feature themed buffets with international cuisine.
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties are available by phone reservations only. Please contact our Assistant Restaurant Manager.
- Private Party Contact: Josh Steinfeld 6319285200x170
- Entertainment: We offer live music on the outdoor deck all weekend. Also, we offer a Piano Bar in the Lounge on Wednesday and Saturday evenings.
A word from Wave Seafood Kitchen at Danford's Hotel and Marina
Dining at Danfords is an experience like no other: one that delights your palate as you soak in the sights of the spectacular Long Island Sound. Our new WAVE Seafood Kitchen offers upscale seafood cuisine and a farm to table concept with fresh local produce and regional catch as the driving force. WAVEs hip lounge offers a more relaxed adaptation of the regular menu and seasonally-inspired cocktails so there's something for everyone at Danfords. Perfect for that special celebration or for a treat any day, we're open for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day - and on Sundays for our famous brunch. Come see what's here for you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wave Seafood Kitchen at Danford's Hotel and Marina reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (26)great for outdoor dining (13)romantic (13)fit for foodies (11)special occasion (11)neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (8)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Lovely restaurant, but one disappointing entree.LongBeachFoodieVIPDined on 11/23/2014Ambiance and service were fine, as was one of our two entrees. A menu item listed as "Lamb Osso Bucco" turned out to be lamb chops, which is nothing whatsoever like Osso Bucco. We'll return for another try, albeit with caution on our menu selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little gatewayCHINITAVIPDined on 11/1/2014I love our little gateway had 🍴Dinner🍴 at this romantic place with great music! The food delicious, last time we order seafood Paella, at this time I order lobster and my husband had whole fish,,, the waiter still remember us, amazing!!! She even remember the wine I love.,, Thank you so much Wave Kitchen, highly Recomennded restaurant , good Food, Good Music, Good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luke warmspecialeffortreviewDined on 10/26/2014We went on a quiet Sunday evening. It is a pretty place on the waterfront, and the pricey menu is somewhat limited. The waitstaff was nice--but when it came to the food-- the kitchen needs to learn how to put two dishes at the same time that are still hot. We ordered an apple salad and fried oysters. They arrived simultaneously-- but the oysters we just warm, making them taste stale. Avoid that dish. We had two entrees and one was hot, but tasteless, and the other was good, but only luke warm. The bread was good, but the butter was frozen I really wanted to love this place, but they need to do much better for 45/plate without drinks and desert.Special Features:
- just okkleeDined on 10/14/2014I was having visitors from overseas and wanted them to show the beautiful town of Port Jefferson. Made reservations 2 wave restaurant for all of us. Beautiful place inside. My family was looking forward to having the lobster. Must say it was very boring. A little disappointed. Not a bad restaurant just feels like it needs a little updatingSpecial Features:
- Scenic View for SeafoodOBGemVIPDined on 10/5/2014Hotel restaurant on Port Jefferson harbor with decent food and service. Was somewhat disappointed with the number of choices and it was just a bit overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food just not where it should beSteadyedDined on 10/4/2014We have eaten here many times and it is really hit or miss. My wife pork chops were unevenly prepared. My scallops were great and the apps were good. My sister in laws fish was not bone free and I'm not talking missed just a couple it was bone filled. Unfortunately this time it was a miss.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodCHINITAVIPDined on 9/20/2014First time at this restaurant, good food with great music! Absolutely recommended !! And we definitely will be back soon...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeejDined on 9/14/2014I did not like that we couldn't be seated between 10:30 and 11:30. I can understand that brunch doesn't start until 11:30 (although I think that's late) but there should be seating for some meal (breakfast or lunch) at that time. The atmosphere could have been a little more refined but our waiter was helpful, polite, and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sunday BrunchPortJeffloverDined on 9/7/2014Omelet station a must go to. Waiters very attentive. Friend loves the crab cakes.Special Features:
- disappointednelle53VIPDined on 8/22/2014The food was very good...but the selection was limited. I found it to be extremely expensive. Don't know weather I would go back. Should have more specials to add to their limited menu.Special Features:
- Better places to goJoemacDined on 8/8/2014Very noisy wedding on top of dinning room service very slow had to ask for bread and asked for plain butter and got butter in foil packs .
- BarbieBarbieDined on 8/4/2014Food was excellent. I had a wonderful new lobster dish. We all enjoyed our meals. The waitstaff was very knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:
- Avoid.. Poor quality, high priceAndyDined on 8/2/2014Dining room worn. Food portions small, not well prepared. Very expense based on quality of food and ambience.
- Great menu. Liked the update.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/1/2014Good dishes, creative with fresh seafood and great taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Location-Food&Service Just OKBrianFoodDined on 8/1/2014Location was beautiful. Food was good but not great. Waiter seemed to be rushing our group, even though the place was not packed and it was not late. He asked us several times are we ready to order when we had said several times we were not. Not sure if they were rushing us or if they were inexperienced. We ordered a steak for two - the watier told us we would have to move our seats to be next to each other. When a member of the group asked them to cut it like most restaurants do, he seemed to be put out. Bar scene looked great. I would try it again but management should work on training the wait staff.
- DisappointingJMBMDined on 8/1/2014Found the food average at best, and at a high cost. Service was poor, with the waiter constantly asking how everything was, and seemingly rushing us. Also requested candles on the deserts for 2 birthdays, but he forgot them! UghSpecial Features:
- The following 267 reviews are from the Wave Seafood Kitchen at Danford's Hotel and Marina reviews archive.
- Good brunch at a great venueFrank40Dined on 7/20/2014Always enjoy going to Wave. Great special occasion place. Friendly staff and good food.Special Features:
- Beautiful PlaceNjfoodieDined on 7/12/2014Had both a great lunch and wonderful dinner here. Loved the outdoor lunch so much that we booked a dinner in the restaurant. The food was great. Between the three of us, we enjoyed the She-Crab and the Bang-Bang Shrimp (but the 4 shrimp were pretty small). My son really enjoyed the beautifully presented 2-lb lobster, and my husband & I shared the paella for 2, also very good. The servers for both lunch and dinner were very personable and service oriented, but my one criticism was that we had to wait an extremely long time to be served dinner (and the restaurant wasn't crowded). Also, we booked and received a confirmation for a 7:15 reservation, but the restaurant had us listed for a 8 p.m. reservation so we had a half hour table wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchJackVIPDined on 6/29/2014Nice place for Sunday brunch. Place is small and tight, especially hard to walk around people. Food overall was good, except for the eggs benedict which was on a type of dried toasted bread with a dried out egg with little sauce. Otherwise, great assortment of dishes, such as roasted chicken, tilapia, beef, cold cuts, fruits, breads and cheeses. Side dishes were also very good. Service was excellent and friendly. Brunch included unlimited Mimosas and Bloody Mary's. Very nice atmosphere with a nice water view.Special Features:
- It was fineDinerDined on 6/29/2014The brunch was good. The food was typical brunch food. The waitstaff was very nice. Overall it was good.Special Features:
- Limited menuPickyPatDined on 6/28/2014I'm not fond of fish but I did have the shrimp cocktail as my entree because the only beef on the menu was over 20oz rib eye. I enjoyed a Caesar salad, shrimp cocktail and very nice bread. The service was excellent, music enjoyable, view was good from our window table.Special Features:
- Nice view but a few issuesMP16Dined on 6/27/2014So nice to be by the water for dinner. A few problems: When making reservation, I requested an outdoor table. When restaurant called to confirm reservation, they did not mention that reservations cannot be made for outdoor tables, so we waited approx 45 mins to be seated outside. Overall staff was friendly, but our waitress seemed in a rush every time she came to the table and not really paying attention. She never asked if I wanted another glass of wine, despite my glass being low then empty. When she offered dessert, I asked for wine and she assumed that meant we didn't want dessert so we had to track her down to get dessert. Burgers were great. Fish in fish and chips was really greasy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BESTSuzanneDined on 6/23/2014Wave is the best restaurant in Pt. Jeff: atmosphere, good food, serviceSpecial Features:
- Great Night outLouieCDined on 6/21/2014The outside dinning deck was perfect, they had live music and sunset was a great added bonus to our anniversary dinner. The Fried Oysters were out if this world. The Striped Bass was 5 Stars the Coconut Carmel Ice Cream was the perfect ending!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2014Had dinner at Wave for our 22nd wedding anniversary. Even with a wedding reception upstairs we were seated promptly and the service was attentive. I had the Ceviche sampler for an appetizer which was excellent and my wife had the she-crab soup which she enjoyed as well. For entree I had the salmon, requested rare in the center and it came out just right. I tried my wife's sea scallops and they were also very tasty. We also couldn't help but notice the paella for two and clam bake at the adjacent table which also looked fantastic for a summer eve. We dined inside with a beautiful view of Port Jefferson harbor. Couldn't have made a better choice for this special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but unimpressiveFranklinDined on 6/20/2014The experience was good, but nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- LINDAVIPDined on 6/15/2014The food was good. However, it was buffet style and we had to ask twice for fruit to be replenished. The hot items were allowed to "sit" a little too long resulting in French Toast that was not chewable. The omelet maker splattered grease all over me and another customer in front of me. There was no attempt to apologize.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday AfternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2014My wife and I had a very nice time sitting outside and enjoying the food and the great weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaveMariaDined on 6/7/2014We stayed overbite at Danfords on a gc that the kids gave us for our anniversary. We enjoyed couples massages and dinner, which was great! The room was comfortable and nice! The next morning we had breakfast at the Wave also, which was also very nice!Special Features:
- Unpleasent experianceunhappybirthdayVIPDined on 6/7/20141st my husband & I got different menus made choices but when ordering the waiter had to take one back. So we had to make new selections. We waited quite a while for drinks & mine was the wrong. Our waiter conceded his error & I waited 13 mins for the correct wine. I chose the cheese plate appetizer but asked for no blue cheese. I was ok with 2 of the same cheeses if need be. NEVER an issue in any restaurant. Waiter checked & said it could not be done. I was visibly miffed. He later gave a new excuse that the cost would be substantially more. Why? I asked and why didn't he offer me that option to start? He apologized asked if I wanted more bread. I did. He bought me a glass of wine on the house. But he never brought the bread.Special Features:
- ExcellentOccasionaldinerDined on 6/6/2014Would have given 5 stars...service seemed a bit rushed even though not a lot of waitersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripBobbyNoBullDined on 5/25/2014Have been here many times and never disappointed. Pricey but worth it to me. Valet parking makes it stress free...hard to park in pt jeff otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2014We had been here before but this time the service was terrible. It was at least 15 minutes before a server approached the table for the first time and then it was over an hour before our appetizer was served. We ordered she crab soup which came with no soup spoon and for one of our entrees we had ordered lamb chops, which came without a knife. The server did not come over to see how everything was at any point. We did complain to the manager about the service and they offered us another bottle of wine in addition to the one we paid for. There were only two of us at the table so offering us a second bottle of wine only added to the poor service. We will not be going back there for a long time, if ever.
- I hadn't been to DanfordsLC71Dined on 3/29/2014I hadn't been to Danfords in almost 15 years because I moved a little over an hour away. Stayed at the hotel and had dinner there. It rained the whole weekend but it didn't matter because we had a great time at the bar having amazing appetizers and drinks. The bartender Rob was great and helped us make a great decision on what to order. The Bang Bang Shrimp and the Shrimp Salad Roll were excellent. We had dinner there that night too and were thrilled with the ravioli appetizer, the fried oysters and the Caesar Salad. We shared the two pound lobster for dinner and had leftovers. The service and atmosphere were great too. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- So-So food, good atmosphere.MECK81868VIPDined on 3/22/2014Nice place but the dining room is dark. Live entertainment adds to the pleasant mood. Menu is very limited - 6 or so seafood entrees, 3 or 4 non-seafood. Apps-all seafood with a few salads. Just too little on the menu. I’m aware this is a seafood restaurant but there just wasn’t enough selection. For anyone allergic to shellfish, it’s almost impossible. Had the “clambake for two” $79. The lobster, clams and mussels were dry (overcooked or sitting out.) There seemed to be one waitress for the whole dining room. She was pleasant and apologetic, had the help of several bus boys, but still overworked. Our meal/drinks took a bit longer that one would like but it wasn’t the end of the world. Overall, not terrible, however not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunsetsFitfoodie24liDined on 3/21/2014Time it right to catch a sunset- and request a table adjacent to the water!Special Features:
- Window view of harbor andOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/14/2014Window view of harbor and ferries coming and going. . .Special Features:
- Very pleasantly surprised!!klew2008Dined on 3/1/2014Had not been to this restaurant since 2008. My family & I were very pleased with our meal & we're a tough crowd. My 8 year old daughter who eats like foodie & rarely goes near a "kids menu", which Wave did have, but of course she didn't order from. We love "farm to table" fare because we're a family who eat their vegetables & like fresh food. We were not disappointed. Although the sauce on my scallops was a little on the salty side, it went well with the mushrooms & spatzle. Our server was kind and knowledgeable but not terribly friendly. The drink menu is slim. I really enjoy a fantastic cocktail/martini and the pomegranate cosmo was awful. Other then Wave needing a much hipper drink menu it was a wonderful evening & we will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very happy with the menuluvtoeatDined on 2/28/2014Not very happy with the menu the food is better in the summer and the menu has more choicesSpecial Features:
- Never againOodieDined on 2/18/2014You would think with such a reputation and a beautiful hotel to go with it, Wave would have at least decent food. I had the seared sea scallops and it tasted like rubber bands drowned in about a pound of salt. My boyfriend ordered the Salmon and he said the bed of vegetables was lifeless and soggy. VERY disappointed with the food, especially since it was in the expensive side.