4002 N 144th St
Omaha, NE 68116Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wavebistrorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (402) 496-8812
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Asian
- Executive Chef: George Liao
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We offer personalized catering services for office events, wedding receptions, and other events. Please call to schedule an appointment.
- Private Party Facilities: Sundays are available for reserving private dining events. A minimum of 25 people is required. Please call for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Connie and George 4024968812
A word from Wave Bistro
Wave Bistro is a family owned, Asian-Fusion restaurant. We blend different tastes such as Japanese, Thai, Chinese, and French cooking methods to craft unique and flavorful dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Wave Bistro - Best Restaurants in West Omaha ›
Wave Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (14)special occasion (12)romantic (6)great for lunch (6)good for groups (6)notable wine list (5)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- excellent foodChrisa741Dined on 11/21/2014Our first time. I give 5 stars for the food whichain was french/asian. 3 stars for am iance, it was one big room with tables pretty close to where I could easily hear my neighbor's conversation and caught them ogling my food that just arrived. The room lighting is semi bright. The noise level was medium to medium-high at times which I expected from other reviews. I don't remember our waiter's name but he was very polite and knowledgeable. I did rate 4 stars for service because the place filled to about 85% capacity toward the end of our meal so ubderstandably there were more people to take care of bit our one dessert seemed to take awhile to come to the table. All in all, very good food and we would return. Our bill with 20% tip was about $95 for one appetizer, 4 drinks, two entrees and one dessert. Food was plated very very nicely I would add.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemcm43VIPDined on 11/14/2014Wave is tucked into a large strip mall. It has been open 8 years and we just found it. We were wowed. The restaurant is brightly lit. The noise level is modest, making it a great place to meet friends and have a conversation. Service was top notch and we were not rushed, something we appreciate. The wine list is reasonably priced. The highlight of Wave is the food. The menu is an interesting mix, leaning toward Asian. Presentations are pleasing. We had four dishes, two appetizers and two deserts between us and all rated excellent to superb. There were many more menu items we would like to try and we will certainly be back. Terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid 4.5+ stars. Great neighborhood gem.LocalsVIPDined on 11/12/2014Short version: Excellent Asian inspired menu in West Omaha. Not your typical Asian restaurant. Longer version: We are from out of town on business (I am from Denver and my CFO from Tampa). This is the 6th time we have been to Wave Bistro and is one of our go-to places every other month while we are in Omaha for a business discussion over a great meal. This is a great local, family run, better-than-expected, Asian inspired restaurant that happens to sit in a strip mall next to Home Depot. This time, I had the sea bass, my CFO the crusted salmon. He said it was the best salmon he has had in years. Connie and George's restaurant is a real gem in West Omaha. Service is always great, prices very reasonable. Highly recommend - yes we are going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies lunchRuthroxDined on 11/7/2014All my Brit lady friends that I invited to lunch at Wave Bistro had a very enjoyable lunch experience. Everyone's dishes were hot and favourful. The waitress and I don't remember her name, recommended a great choice in wine. We were very happy 😊🇬🇧🇬🇧🇺🇸🇺🇸Special Features:
- Good Food Good Service Just GoodBellaunoVIPDined on 10/25/2014Love Wave Bistro. Consistently good. Eclectic menu surprises with unusual flavors. Love the sweet rolls. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Impresseddatenite2Dined on 10/24/2014We were extremely happy with the service we received and the awesome tasty food we ordered. The pecan crusted salmon and the Teriyaki chicken were bursting with flavor. We ordered the seafood gumbo to go for lunch at home for the next day and it was delicious and a very generous portion...enough for 2! Definitely one of the best in town. Check it out...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeCookieVIPDined on 10/18/2014James was an awesome attentive server! Excellent place to dine1Special Features:
- Omaha's Best Kept SecretbillDined on 10/11/2014WAVE is one of the loveliest restaurants in town. The decor, music, white table cloths, and wait staff are impeccable. Chef George is so well trained, experienced and will fix it any way you want.........with a menu so delicate and unique. This is not your usual Asian restaurant. Both Connie and George (owners) are so personal and friendly that it's no wonder they have so many regulars. Hidden away in an unsuspecting location, it is worth the effort to find it. Do become a regular. You will love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time...we'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We LOVED the bread, almond butter, and crab cake appetizers! The waiter was OUTSTANDING and very knowledgeable. One entree was over-the-top awesome. We did 4 stars instead of 5 because the other entree was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatStorminDined on 9/16/2014Went to Wave as part of Restaurant Week. They had a great menu and the food was outstanding. I had chicken with mushrooms. Great flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!TAKBDined on 9/15/2014We loved it! One of the highlights of our Omaha Restaurant Week experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealGeckyBozDined on 9/12/2014Tried this out during Omaha Restaurant Week. It was a surprising find that we all loved and plan to go back to. The service was great and the food was excellent. The best part of the meal and what I definitely plan to go back for was the jumbo lump crab cake and the Lemon Creamy Almond Shrimp. The shrimp sounds just plain weird being served with fruit salad and all but it's one of those dishes that just goes together beautifully.Special Features:
- Great placeCookieVIPDined on 8/14/2014The food and service were outstanding. The owner gave personal attention to each of the guest in her bistro. Couldn't have picked a better place to celebrate our anniversary! Loved it!!!Special Features:
- Great food - great atmosphereMamahoskinsDined on 8/1/2014Went here for anniversary dinner and we will be going back again next year.... Or sooner!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 63 reviews are from the Wave Bistro reviews archive.
- Asian fusion never tasted so good!Chippers1Dined on 7/25/2014We had a family dinner for four here for my mother's birthday. I had the pecan salmon over jasmine white rice. Best salmon I have ever had, and I eat a lot of fish. My father's sea bass was amazing. Buttery, light, perfectly cooked and great presentation. My wife's chicken was good and overall would have been fantastic at another restaurant. However, in comparison to the other dishes is now labeled, good not great. The best dish of the night was the gumbo that my mother ordered. Absolutely the best gumbo I have ever tasted. Authentic, deep in flavor, real shrimp, real anduie sausage. Truly amazing night. Will recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJakesalyDined on 6/28/2014White cloth dining in and great food, yet casual enough not to feel stuffy. Our waitress broke out our bill by couples without even asking, eliminating the hassle trying to figure our responsibility. The food is prepared deliciously and the presentation is beautiful.Special Features:
- OutstandingWaveDined on 5/11/2014This restaurant and services are the best in town. Food is amazing and services was outstanding. Took My Mom For Mothers day brunch and she was very impressed also.Special Features:
- Superb foodSadieVIPDined on 5/9/2014Excellent quality food. However, felt service was rushed. Brought desert menu before finishing entree.Probably will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deserving of ratingPickyDined on 5/3/2014This is one of the highest, or the highest, rated restaurants in the Omaha area. It is deserving of this rating.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Great atmosphere and food. Knowledgeable wait staff and wonderful service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive Staff Great Food!DinneronweekendsDined on 4/25/2014Had a great dinner experience with relatives from out of townSpecial Features:
- First VisitDiningOmahaDined on 4/16/2014This was our first time to Wave and we must say that the food was divine! My husband and I had the chicken lettuce wraps as an appetizer. I had the Thai Green Curry Chicken and he had the special of the day scallop dish. Both were wonderfully flavored and the portions were large. I would definitely recommend this place to a friend. The food and the service were both great - and if the other dishes are anything like the two were tried, you cannot go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SurprisehappydinerDined on 4/3/2014The food and presentation and the service were amazing!!! will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favoriteKkbgmaDined on 3/14/2014Awesome food and great service by Juan. The crab cakes are the best I've ever had and the salmon was delicious too.Special Features:
- Everything was outstanding.LindaDined on 2/25/2014Everything was outstanding. I was kicking myself the next day that I had not taken a picture of my Seschwan Shrimp. It was amazing. The drinks and service were top-rate. The owner made a point to talk to us to see how everything was, which is always greatly appreciated. I have recommended your restaurant to so many people and every one agrees that there is a reason that you are rated # 1 !Special Features:
- Valentine's Day Special!!Ace78Dined on 2/14/2014Great food and Excellent Staff!! Wait staff was very attentive and courteous. Food was hot and fresh. Main course was tasty and filling. Thanks for a Great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Valentines Day DinnerJohnnyDined on 2/14/2014Special menu was great. The food here is always supurb. Close to Marquee theater and great for before or after movie. This place is great all of the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding menu, reasonablyHankDined on 1/30/2014Outstanding menu, reasonably priced, great for a special occasion, great daily specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great but serviceMattster9809Dined on 12/31/2013Food was great but service was a little slow...It was New Years Eve and they were packed so we were fine with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2013We had the New Eve special and it was So good. For some reason it was chilly in the resturant, about the time we received the main course the heat came on. That was the only compliant we had, even-my husband was cold. We for sure will be back, when we are in town again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good, Always FriendlyBookloverDined on 12/31/2013I am a regular customer of the Wave Bistro because I can always be assured of excellent cuisine, friendly servers and management, and, like Cheers a place where they know your name. Hopefully, they will continue for a long time. It's a bargain, too, at the prices they charge for food and wine.Special Features:
- Unbelievably OriginalGazelleDined on 12/31/2013The food is is of the highest quality and is beautifully prepared, plated and served. The asian fusion style delivers an impressive, memorable sensory experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!TurtleDined on 12/11/2013We had a group of 7 - everyone loved what they ordered. I had a Thai green curry shrimp dish that was outstanding - leftovers the next day were just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At the WaveJ234Dined on 11/26/2013Found on Yelp: in strip mall which limits what owners can do with the space. That said, it is very engaging & not at all like the standard plastic set up one normally finds in such places. Food fantastic, wine selection good. One, fairly minor, complaint on service. Attitude & conduct of staff was really good. But didn't seem there was always clarity about who was doing what. Were greeted by someone who was doubling as a bus-girl Weren't sure if she actually realized we had a reservation. The one waiter was working our table & 3 or 4 others. So, owner helped out: but they were often working at cross-purposes which meant we had to clarify orders at times. I certainly recommend the place but, it would help if they cleared up communications.Special Features:
- Local GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/15/2013Very enjoyable, Great Waitress, food was very good as expected. Wine list could use a bit of growth but we enjoyed the pick that was suggested. We like the flair that this restaurant brings to the food. I recommend this place highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2013a group of six went. All ordered something different and appetizers. Starters were good and everyone liked their meal. This isn't the first time i've been here and not once, has someone not liked what they ordered. Dessert was very good as well. (Creme brulee) Service was great and i strongly advised this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 90% there.JACKDined on 10/21/2013The food, ambiance, and wine list were exceptional and a real surprise to us for that part of town. A hidden secret. What they lack is in the connection to "Open Table" reservation system. It did not work as far as sending an invitation out to someone else that you would like to join your party. They asked for email addresses and did not send the invitation out as expected. It created a real problem. Fix that problem and they make up that very important 10% to the overall score.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencediners1n2Dined on 9/30/2013Knowledgeable waitstaff, food was well prepared and well presented. We went with expectations for a good experience and left raving about the meal and service. I recommend this to anyone celebrating a special event, get together, or night out. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceFabFoodDined on 9/28/2013My husband and I recently dined at the Wave Bistro. We had an excellent experience. We were dressed very casually, coming from our son't football game. While the setting is nice and a bit formal, we noticed that there was a wide variety of dress among the diners. We did not feel out of place. The food was fabulous! My dish Seafood Dynamite (or something like that) was superb -- flavorful and interesting. The crab cakes were really well done -- delicious. I would highly recommend the Wave Bistro -- a great find!Special Features:
- I hadn't been to the WaveMJandfriendsDined on 9/25/2013I hadn't been to the Wave for a while but brought some friends that haven't dined there before. The food was still excellent and everyone was pleased. Thanks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.