4002 N 144th St
Omaha, NE 68116Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wavebistrorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4024968812
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Asian
- Executive Chef: George Liao
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We offer personalized catering services for office events, wedding receptions, and other events. Please call to schedule an appointment.
- Private Party Facilities: Sundays are available for reserving private dining events. A minimum of 25 people is required. Please call for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Connie and George 4024968812
A word from Wave Bistro
Wave Bistro is a family owned, Asian-Fusion restaurant. We blend different tastes such as Japanese, Thai, Chinese, and French cooking methods to craft unique and flavorful dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Wave Bistro - Best Restaurants in West Omaha ›
Wave Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (8)good for groups (6)great for lunch (5)romantic (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great placeCookieVIPDined on 8/14/2014The food and service were outstanding. The owner gave personal attention to each of the guest in her bistro. Couldn't have picked a better place to celebrate our anniversary! Loved it!!!Special Features:
- Great food - great atmosphereMamahoskinsDined on 8/1/2014Went here for anniversary dinner and we will be going back again next year.... Or sooner!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asian fusion never tasted so good!Chippers1Dined on 7/25/2014We had a family dinner for four here for my mother's birthday. I had the pecan salmon over jasmine white rice. Best salmon I have ever had, and I eat a lot of fish. My father's sea bass was amazing. Buttery, light, perfectly cooked and great presentation. My wife's chicken was good and overall would have been fantastic at another restaurant. However, in comparison to the other dishes is now labeled, good not great. The best dish of the night was the gumbo that my mother ordered. Absolutely the best gumbo I have ever tasted. Authentic, deep in flavor, real shrimp, real anduie sausage. Truly amazing night. Will recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJakesalyDined on 6/28/2014White cloth dining in and great food, yet casual enough not to feel stuffy. Our waitress broke out our bill by couples without even asking, eliminating the hassle trying to figure our responsibility. The food is prepared deliciously and the presentation is beautiful.Special Features:
- OutstandingWaveDined on 5/11/2014This restaurant and services are the best in town. Food is amazing and services was outstanding. Took My Mom For Mothers day brunch and she was very impressed also.Special Features:
- Superb foodSadieVIPDined on 5/9/2014Excellent quality food. However, felt service was rushed. Brought desert menu before finishing entree.Probably will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 59 reviews are from the Wave Bistro reviews archive.
- Deserving of ratingPickyDined on 5/3/2014This is one of the highest, or the highest, rated restaurants in the Omaha area. It is deserving of this rating.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Great atmosphere and food. Knowledgeable wait staff and wonderful service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive Staff Great Food!DinneronweekendsDined on 4/25/2014Had a great dinner experience with relatives from out of townSpecial Features:
- First VisitDiningOmahaDined on 4/16/2014This was our first time to Wave and we must say that the food was divine! My husband and I had the chicken lettuce wraps as an appetizer. I had the Thai Green Curry Chicken and he had the special of the day scallop dish. Both were wonderfully flavored and the portions were large. I would definitely recommend this place to a friend. The food and the service were both great - and if the other dishes are anything like the two were tried, you cannot go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SurprisehappydinerDined on 4/3/2014The food and presentation and the service were amazing!!! will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favoriteKkbgmaDined on 3/14/2014Awesome food and great service by Juan. The crab cakes are the best I've ever had and the salmon was delicious too.Special Features:
- Everything was outstanding.LindaDined on 2/25/2014Everything was outstanding. I was kicking myself the next day that I had not taken a picture of my Seschwan Shrimp. It was amazing. The drinks and service were top-rate. The owner made a point to talk to us to see how everything was, which is always greatly appreciated. I have recommended your restaurant to so many people and every one agrees that there is a reason that you are rated # 1 !Special Features:
- Valentine's Day Special!!Ace78Dined on 2/14/2014Great food and Excellent Staff!! Wait staff was very attentive and courteous. Food was hot and fresh. Main course was tasty and filling. Thanks for a Great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Valentines Day DinnerJohnnyDined on 2/14/2014Special menu was great. The food here is always supurb. Close to Marquee theater and great for before or after movie. This place is great all of the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding menu, reasonablyHankDined on 1/30/2014Outstanding menu, reasonably priced, great for a special occasion, great daily specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great but serviceMattster9809Dined on 12/31/2013Food was great but service was a little slow...It was New Years Eve and they were packed so we were fine with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2013We had the New Eve special and it was So good. For some reason it was chilly in the resturant, about the time we received the main course the heat came on. That was the only compliant we had, even-my husband was cold. We for sure will be back, when we are in town again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good, Always FriendlyBookloverDined on 12/31/2013I am a regular customer of the Wave Bistro because I can always be assured of excellent cuisine, friendly servers and management, and, like Cheers a place where they know your name. Hopefully, they will continue for a long time. It's a bargain, too, at the prices they charge for food and wine.Special Features:
- Unbelievably OriginalGazelleDined on 12/31/2013The food is is of the highest quality and is beautifully prepared, plated and served. The asian fusion style delivers an impressive, memorable sensory experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!TurtleDined on 12/11/2013We had a group of 7 - everyone loved what they ordered. I had a Thai green curry shrimp dish that was outstanding - leftovers the next day were just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At the WaveJ234Dined on 11/26/2013Found on Yelp: in strip mall which limits what owners can do with the space. That said, it is very engaging & not at all like the standard plastic set up one normally finds in such places. Food fantastic, wine selection good. One, fairly minor, complaint on service. Attitude & conduct of staff was really good. But didn't seem there was always clarity about who was doing what. Were greeted by someone who was doubling as a bus-girl Weren't sure if she actually realized we had a reservation. The one waiter was working our table & 3 or 4 others. So, owner helped out: but they were often working at cross-purposes which meant we had to clarify orders at times. I certainly recommend the place but, it would help if they cleared up communications.Special Features:
- Local GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/15/2013Very enjoyable, Great Waitress, food was very good as expected. Wine list could use a bit of growth but we enjoyed the pick that was suggested. We like the flair that this restaurant brings to the food. I recommend this place highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2013a group of six went. All ordered something different and appetizers. Starters were good and everyone liked their meal. This isn't the first time i've been here and not once, has someone not liked what they ordered. Dessert was very good as well. (Creme brulee) Service was great and i strongly advised this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 90% there.JACKDined on 10/21/2013The food, ambiance, and wine list were exceptional and a real surprise to us for that part of town. A hidden secret. What they lack is in the connection to "Open Table" reservation system. It did not work as far as sending an invitation out to someone else that you would like to join your party. They asked for email addresses and did not send the invitation out as expected. It created a real problem. Fix that problem and they make up that very important 10% to the overall score.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencediners1n2Dined on 9/30/2013Knowledgeable waitstaff, food was well prepared and well presented. We went with expectations for a good experience and left raving about the meal and service. I recommend this to anyone celebrating a special event, get together, or night out. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceFabFoodDined on 9/28/2013My husband and I recently dined at the Wave Bistro. We had an excellent experience. We were dressed very casually, coming from our son't football game. While the setting is nice and a bit formal, we noticed that there was a wide variety of dress among the diners. We did not feel out of place. The food was fabulous! My dish Seafood Dynamite (or something like that) was superb -- flavorful and interesting. The crab cakes were really well done -- delicious. I would highly recommend the Wave Bistro -- a great find!Special Features:
- I hadn't been to the WaveMJandfriendsDined on 9/25/2013I hadn't been to the Wave for a while but brought some friends that haven't dined there before. The food was still excellent and everyone was pleased. Thanks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A touch of classChaserrooDined on 9/20/2013Great food, knowledgeable staff, and a fun environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodYoungDined on 9/12/2013Wouldn't say it was a foodie kind of restaurant but if you like Asian cuisine with Westernized flare it is an elegant dining room and the food is delicious. Never had a bad meal. The chicken noodle soup was subtlety divine. If you make a rese via OpenTable, make sure they do their end so you get your points. Once I didn't get my points.Special Features:
- We have loved this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2013We have loved this restaurant since its opening. It is truly a gem -- service is attentive without being intrusive and the food is excellent. We're always recommending it to friends and acquaintances.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingRachel54Dined on 8/24/2013Wave was the best dining experience we've had in recent memory. The food and service were absolutely outstanding!! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best double duck everTooTallSidVIPDined on 8/20/2013I find it hard not to order the duck in a nice restaurant - done right, I just love the flavor of duck. This was a leg and a breast. One slightly spicy, the other rich and creamy. It was wonderful switching back and forth on the plate. And finally, it passed my other big test - the side vegetables were done perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSylviaTDined on 7/25/2013From the moment we stepped into this restaurant and were faced by a portable cost rack, we knew we were in for a sub-par experience. This isn't a bad place, just mediocre. I can see no reason to seek it out, unless you lived in the neighborhood. A real throw-back to the 90's vibe.
- Wave Bistro is the BestMJOMahaVIPDined on 7/5/2013I am most impressed with the quality and preparation of the food. I tried three different appetizers and three different entrees among those ordered by our group and each one was faultless. I especially liked the duck prepared two ways, and the crab cakes, which were the best I have ever had. To top it off, the creme brûlée was served three ways also. The chocolate was not expected to be my favorite--but it was so good, I only wish I had more. The staff could not be more pleasant, unaffected and dedicated to you having a great meal. I hope to return soon.Special Features:
- Good food, but...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaVIPDined on 6/28/2013The food selection is impressive, as were the specials. My halibut was wonderful. My wife ordered Pad Thai, with a "3" hot sauce on a scale of 1-10, with 10 the hottest. The dinner provided was closer to an 8. I should have sent it back, but instead surrendered my delicous halibut in a trade with my wife. Bad news- the place is very very very loud. Forget meeting friends there and visiting- The ceilings are high and most all surfaces are hard, so the noise bounces around. I would not consider the restaurant for any business meal. Maybe if they change the decor and let me know I will go back. Again, awesome food, noise like sitting on Dodge Street.Special Features:
- A great find while visiting OmahaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/8/2013A little off the beaten path but well worth the short drive. The service was cordial and gracious, the staff all took a real interest in how we found the meal. The food was just all around excellent from the appetizer to the entrées to the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great off-beat ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2013My husband and I went here following TripAdvisor's suggestion. The food was excellent, the service quite good. Server was knowledgeable, non-intrusive, was brighter than the average bear with a good sense of humor. Simple but tasteful decor, ample parking. Lack of baffling in this high ceiling room made everyone's conversation available to all. I had a green curry tofu - super - and my husband had Duck Two Ways. He was quite satisfied. Would recommend it to whomever is in the area, worth traveling too, for we out-of-towners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsHankDined on 5/30/2013Everyone agreed this was an excellent dinning experience. Great service, good selections, and the mixed drinks were outstanding. We are always looking for new resturants to go out wih friends. Besides a great dinning experience at a resonable price this is a social experience where we stretch the evening to enjoy great company and great dinning. I highly recommend this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wave was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/24/2013Great service, great food, immediately made a reservation for the next week, we have found our new favorite!!Special Features: