2300 PGA Blvd.
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410Neighborhood:
Palm Beach Gardens
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.waterwaycafe.com/
- Phone: (561) 694-1700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Drew Galbreath
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Happy Hour, Late Night, View
- Entertainment: Tuesday
The Seaview Allstars -6:30-8:30
Classics from the 50"s, 60's, 70's
The Sierra Band - 6:00pm to 9:00pm
Classic Rock Favorites
Acoustic Music: 4:00pm to 7:00pm
The Shakers: 8:30 - 12:00
Rock, Pop, Dance
Sway with the island beat of Reggae with "Rythmation" - 7pm until midnight.
Happy Hour : Mon, Tues, Thurs: 4pm-6:30pm, Wed: Noon-6:00pm, Fri: 3pm-6:30pm
A word from Waterway Cafe
The Waterway Café is a South Florida tradition in waterfront dining since 1986, and the most popular restaurant in the Palm Beaches. Featuring an exciting menu of fresh seafood, steak, chicken, pasta, custom-made pizza entrees and fabulous desserts. Join us for an evening of great food, lively entertainment (Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings) and refreshing tropical drinks on the beautiful Intracoastal Waterway.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Waterway Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)good for groups (4)great for brunch (4)special occasion (3)hot spot (2)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (1)romantic (1)fit for foodies (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- So so.TopsDined on 8/31/2014Not a great brunch. It was just ok. Would not go back for brunch. Maybe lunch would be ok outside.
- A Great EveningGoodFoodLoverDined on 8/9/2014We recently celebrated my wife's birthday at Waterway Café. Being from the Philippines, she knows good seafood and thought the steamed lobster was excellent. We were seated outside and enjoyed a light breeze, the rising moon and several boats sailing past. The food was great, the service was excellent and the ambience was perfect. We definitely recommend the Waterway Café for whatever occasion you want to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreJbeatsDined on 7/26/2014Great location, mediocre (at best) service and food.Special Features:
- Book inside in Florida in SummerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014Be sure to book an inside table in airconditioning this time of year. Even though Open Table says that all reservations are inside, the restaurant doesn't know that. They accomodated us but it took some persuasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 94 reviews are from the Waterway Cafe reviews archive.
- bostonbuyDined on 7/20/2014Food good service was prompt but the waitress clearly did not want to be there or want to wait on usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, mediocre food.LoveyDined on 7/3/2014The Waterway Cafe has great water views. Service is adequate and food is mediocre, nothing special or nothing I would return for. I visit here once a year when in the area. The views are their saving grace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great water viewwcvisitVIPDined on 6/28/2014Great atmosphere, reasonably priced food with a scenic intracoastal view, waitress was very pleasant and courteousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant experienceSLLWDined on 6/11/2014We enjoyed our Evening. We had to select a table on the second level because one of our party was in a wheel chair, but the restaurant was most accommodating. The menu was somewhat limited, but the food was above average, but not great. Our party was 5 people, including an aide.Special Features:
- Average Restaurantclr08hDined on 6/1/2014The food was ok, nothing special. The service was fine and the atmosphere was good. We sat outside for lunch and it was a little warm but it was June in South Florida so that's to be expected! The inside seemed a little warm and stuffy, too though. I don't know if I'll go again just because it was average food and service for a slightly higher price.Special Features:
- No open table points ?DinerVIPDined on 5/31/2014Booked a table of 10 for may 31. We attended and have drinks & dinner
- docandcardocandcarDined on 5/21/2014I have been to waterway several times in the last few months and this time the food was not as good as it has been in the past, several people in our party of 8 said their food was not good!Special Features:
- DisappointedCatbertVIPDined on 5/10/2014I went to Waterway with a group of 30 people for a birthday party (mine.) 3 of us ordered fish and it was not done and we sent it back. The second time it came back and was still not done. Took the server a long time to come back and I told her but it was went no where. Manager never showed up to apologize. I was disappointed in the service and the food was awful. I would not go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014They were out if my first choice dinner st 7:30. My second choice wasn't cooked the way I asked even thought it was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had a charity dine certificateciaoshopVIPDined on 4/19/2014I usually always dine here when i visit jupiter and being this was my second night here during my trip.I found that they are very accommodating and always aim to please..but on this visit i had a charity dine certificate which i purchased and no where did it state I could not use it on the twilight menu. They refused to honor it. My suggestion to the restaurant is state it clearly like your competitor does "Juno Beach Fish House" so the customer does end up leaving the restaurant feeling like they have been cheated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night great foodciaoshopVIPDined on 4/15/2014celebrated my mom in laws birthday. we had great food and great service. we have been coming here over 16 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceBirthdayDined on 4/5/2014My boyfriend has been coming to Waterway Cafe since he is a child, and he loves it. For his 27th birthday I took him there and invited his friends to come. One couple even brought their toddler. The food was great, we could enjoy ourselves as adults, and at the same time didn't have to worry about the toddler. You can see the boats passing by (this was the first time my boyfriend went to Waterway Cafe by land), there are nice kiosks, and a nice bar area. The place has a very laid-back feel to it, but at the same time it feels elegant. I had also been here previously by boat with my boyfriend, for a special lunch at work, to get some coffee and deserts with a friend at night, and to hang out with friends at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View of IntercoastalOhioDined on 4/2/2014The view was great, the company better, the food was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but skip the clam chowderKpbgDined on 3/31/2014Other than an occasional fly buzzing around us, we had a very nice meal with friendly and attentive service for a good price. We had to send a happy-hour priced drink back due to a complete lack of rum, but the other drinks were fine and wine was very reasonably priced. There is a very lovely view and a relaxed atmosphere. Try to sit far from the bar if you want a quiet meal. The woman who makes balloons for the kids was incredible! The two people in our party of eight who ordered the NE Clam chowder found it almost completely lacking in clams, and it was served not very warm. Do use the salt scrub in the ladies room- it is wonderful! We would go back with a group because they take reservations. Happily, our table was ready when we arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise!higginserDined on 3/29/2014After reading some of the negative reviews on this site, we were pleasantly surprised with the excellent food (loved the conch appetizer and the scallops) and great service. Of course the location is so very the best of Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service ruined eveningEmdrdhDined on 3/19/2014First, the positive. We requested a table near the water and received one. Our waitress was indifferent and the service was very rushed. We ordered drinks first and 2 apps. One of our group ordered a split of champagne the waitress brought it out with a regular wine glass and left the bottle unopened. We had to ask her twice to bring a champagne glass. The waitress then took our dinner orders which all included choice of soup or salad. In a few minutes she brought the salads, but still no apps. Brought out the apps and another brought out dinners within 5 minutes. Our group of 5 was done and out in about an hour and fifteen minutes. We were expecting a leisurely dinner but it was anything but.... Food nothing special.Special Features:
- Great WPB SpotEater1Dined on 3/15/2014One of PBG's & WPB's best local restaurants. Great food, solid service, great atmosphere. A great example of Florida for anyone visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over PricedRiffyDined on 3/8/2014Not very good. Our server was terrible, the noise was loud but the server acted like she was on something. She messed our order up and it took 3 times to correct it. I ordered conch chowder and the flavor was good the cup was almost all broth, there was vary little conch or potatoes in it. Our Tuna app was good but the burgers that the waitress recommended were not very tasty. They tasted like they were a frozen patty. I thought it was over priced.Special Features:
- Great place for kids to seeBabsDined on 2/24/2014Great place for kids to see boats and observe bridge going up and down. Monday nights there is a balloon lady for the kids who makes awesome creations for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I, from Indiana,JulieDined on 2/23/2014My husband and I, from Indiana, visited here several years ago and enjoyed our dining experience. Sunday, we brought our Florida family here not only for the variety listed on the menu, but also for the tasty food! We appreciated that our table was waiting for us after our designated arrival time. We will visit again next time we are in the West Palm Beach area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Setting!hopsDined on 2/13/2014I love that the place was comfortable for groups. The food was presented well. The taste was very good to excellent. The view was great--overlooking the water!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice view bad tableflyingfoodieVIPDined on 2/10/2014Made a reservation for a party of 6. Four people from our party arrived early and were given an awful table facing nothing off in a corner. When they asked about moving to an open table with a great view nearby they were told "oh those are reserved!" Excuse me but we also had reservations and we were there! The food was very Mediocre! My husband ordered the Lamb and it was very tough. I ordered the scallops and they were over cooked and served with a hard flavorless lump of polenta.Special Features:
- Beautiful location but food was okemg524Dined on 2/6/2014This restaurant sits right on the water and has a big patio and tiki bar. We certainly enjoyed the view and the overall atmosphere. Our service was excellent but the restaurant was nearly empty when we were there so that may have something to do with it. It was by no means terrible food, but I typically go out to eat to EAT, so I was a bit disappointed. If you want to go with a big group and are more focused on a location and having some drinks, it would be a good spot.Special Features:
- Fabulous view. Delicious food.roeyDined on 1/22/2014Met friends here on a Wednesday for lunch. Happy hour was noon to six , a special that day! Great Bloody Marys. Big menu to choose from. All six of us commented on how much we enjoyed our food. (Chicken and Brie panini, crunchy fish, seafood bisque, steak and cheese sandwich and also a cod entree) All were delicious. If you are near Palm Beach Gardens plan to fine here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014Very enjoyable experience. Atmosphere great, food good.Special Features:
- Stay Away from this place to eatmdagenVIPDined on 1/18/2014We had a 7pm reservation and called earlier that day. Asked for a window seat and they said ok. Showed up 20 minutes early and they said shouldnt be a problem. Sat us at 7:30. They had specials but when we ordered, they were out of them already. Service was slow. Had to actually get up and ask them to clear table and bring water. They forgot 2 items that we ordered for appitizers. Do yourself a favor, stay away from this place unless you want bad service.
- "the Boys were back in town"WeEatlntheKitchenDined on 1/17/2014This year we had 8 golfers in from Michigan, and met up with Tim the Golf pro too.. so party of 9 for an evening meal and a few drinks at the very start of a long golf weekend in the Palm Beach area.. we also finished our weekend with a dinner just hours before heading to the airport back to the snow and cold! I love this place and views of the intercostal are absolutely priceless.. I already can't wait for next years trip which again will begin at our favorite place, The Waterway Café! Love It!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Dining on the IntercoastalLorenzoDDined on 1/11/2014The Waterway has great food for the price, friendly service and a wonderful ambience if you enjoy relaxing by the water and watching the boats on the beautiful Intercoastal along Florida's Palm Coast in Palm Beach Gardens. My wife and I are never disappointed as the food and wine are fine and eating on the water in January while the weather is like summer in Upstate New York. So nice down here and the Waterway is a favorite of both locals and snowbirds.Special Features:
- DinnerReservationsDined on 1/2/2014I went with my family, children included. I had the h Had a steak salad. Rolls were brought first. They were warm and the butter was just sweet. Very good. Enjoyed my meal. My kids enjoyed the atmosphere as well as us. The waiter was very nice and did a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great after 20 yearsDJMegahertzDined on 12/22/2013It has been over 20 years since I have been to Waterway Cafe but it still is one of the best places to go in the area. I created a motorcycle ride with 12 people to this destination and to my surprise they had a reserved area right up front for motorcycles. Now that is awesome! Food was very good and service was top notch! Plan on at least two hours for dining if you have other plans later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family night outByronMonDined on 12/22/2013Family night out was a good event. Thanks to the staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service..Poor foodBellaggioDined on 12/9/2013Jason, our server, was quick, always available and extremely polite. The ambiance of being being seated on the outside deck was great, especially at Xmas time, with decorations on all of the homes and passing boats. Sadly the food was poor to mediocre, and as we were a party of 6, nobody's dish was good.Special Features:
- ExcellentVhannanDined on 11/29/2013Over all is excellent.... I have been in this restaurant several times and always has been a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice lunch - wait staffanneDined on 11/17/2013Very nice lunch - wait staff was particularly good - meal was somewhat slow in being served but good when it arrived. One small glitch - we were on time and seated promptly. When I got home after lunch there was a msg on my home answering machine that had been left after we had been seated at the restaurant asking that in the future if we did not plan to keep a reservation they needed to be notified - apparently whoever seated us had neglected to enter it into their computer system - a simple check of the restaurant would have indicated that our party had been seated - there was only one other large party and it was quite a bit larger than ours. Yes, we WERE there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant was great - but,ScottDined on 9/1/2013Restaurant was great - but they had no record of our reservationSpecial Features:
- Exceeded ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2013I am a native-born Floridian, but spent the past 15 years in Atlanta. I got used to incredible restaurants up there. Here - still finding them with a lot of trial and error. Waterway Cafe is a place I will definitely return to, and I hope there will be consistency of food quality and service! Our food was excellent - right down to the pizza my 6 year-old ordered, which is always a concern at a place known for seafood, right? But it was delicious. My scallops were divine - perfectly cooked. Our dessert was excellent. And our server was delightful. I could not have been a better evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.