202 East Pratt Street
Located @ 5th Floor of the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.watertablerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4106858439x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday 6:30am - 11:00am Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm Breakfast Buffet: Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 1:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Gould
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Watertable offers a private dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Jeffrey Siebold, Food & Beverage Manager x
A word from Watertable
Watertable features grilled specialties in a casually elegant atmosphere. Located on the fifth floor of the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel, Watertable serves award-winning cuisine along with spectacular harbor views that is a winner in any book.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Watertable reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (10)good for groups (5)romantic (4)special occasion (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Very noisy staff slow to accomodate1foodieguyDined on 9/13/2014We arrived 7 pm for dinner (4 adults 3 kids), were seated just beside open doorway of large private party room where a DJ was playing music at a very loud level. Plenty of other tables available that hostess passed in seating us. When I asked to be moved, waitress had to see the manager in order to OK our move. Staff is certainly not attuned to ambience. The food was reasonably tasteful, but nothing special, and was overpriced. The wine list is well below average for the price category of the restaurant, and the wines were very much overpriced. In all, the restaurant appears to try to capitalize on its great 5th floor view out over the Baltimore Inner Harbor, but everything else is on par with the level of TGI Fridays, or Applebees.Special Features:
- Mediocre ServiceFoodFriendsMusicBeveragesDined on 9/11/2014Took much too long for food to come with the restaurant only 10-20% full. We were joking that they must have gone out to catch the crabs. Then 4 of us got food and it was another 10 minutes before the 5th and 6th in our party got their entres. When it did arrive food was good. Service not ver attentive given prices and limited number of diners at the time. Eaten here before and had a much better experience. Was taking job applicant out to dinner so poor service was quite annoying. Will not likely use this restaurant for such a purpose in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchLisaDined on 7/13/2014My husband and I had brunch here and it was quite good. I was reluctant to eat in a chain hotel's restaurant but it exceeded my expectations. The made to order omelettes were delicious as well as the fresh fruit. The view of Baltimore harbor was spectacular. My 2 complaints were small details such as not having spoons and bowls any where on the breakfast bar - not sure how they expected guests to eat their oatmeal, and the service was very poor. Once we told our waiter we were having the brunch buffet he never came back to the table. We had to snag someone for a refill our coffee, and our dirty dishes were never cleared from the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4th at watertablejazzy455Dined on 7/4/2014Our reservation was on July 4 at 7pm. There was a wedding party in the room next to us, the server failed to tell us. Considering we wanted to watch fireworks from the table, we had no problem with the slow service. Otherwise it took 1 hour to get a Salad. The table next to us never got the food they ordered and left. The bread, salad calamari were very good. The bean soup was very thick, and highly seasoned. Had to send it back. Friendly service though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view, but not rushing backbmorestuarantbratiniDined on 6/25/2014The view of the Harbor is really great, nice open dining room. Also, It's a convenient location for tourists visiting the gallery, harbor place or staying at the Renaissance. The dining room menu was a little $$...the $12 appetizer salads are about 5 bites, though fresh and delicious. My scallop entre was mediocre- 3 medium sized scallops (nicely browned) but the arugula and lentils on the plate were unbearable salty and overcooked. The bottle of wine we ordered was pretty good (Dave mattehew's Dreaming tree) and My bf's NY strip was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing chefDaveVIPDined on 6/17/2014The new young chef is very talented and when faced with a vegan member of our party made a special dish everyone wanted. Outstanding creativity!Special Features:
- Good place for business discussionsBeestillDined on 6/17/2014The place is very quite, so perfect for more serious meetings or dinners. Nice view of the harbor area as well with attentive but not pushy service. Biggest downside is the very limited selection of dishes offered, making it a bit difficult to cover diverse cultural backgrounds or dietary needs. Food itself was good, nothing spectacular thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plentiful & EnjoyedSLD9Dined on 5/25/2014Plentiful food portions with exceptional flavor. Loved the fact that most everything was locally sourced from nearby sea and farms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 305 reviews are from the Watertable reviews archive.
- DisappointedJimHVIPDined on 5/10/2014There were a couple big events in the hotel ballrooms which are on the same floor as the restaurant causing a mass of people to get through and very loud noise levels. The service was good but he seemed to disappear at times. Had to send steak back and order something else because the meat did not look or taste good. The replacement pork chop was not fully cooked in the center but tasted good. The crab chowder was about the best I've had. I was looking for something quieter and nicer for our 15 year anniversary and unfortunately the restaurant didn't deliver.Special Features:
- Outstanding food mediocre serviceExperiencedconsumerDined on 4/23/2014Outstanding food cooked to order. Service was not good. Waitress was not attentive and hard to connect to. Great view of the inner harbor. Overall good experience and would try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Excellent view by the window, great food, price on the medium side, would recommend to anyone. The Clam Chowder soup was amazing as were their sandwiches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watertable March 2014KennyDined on 3/5/2014A bit pricy but all the rest was terrific so overall a very good experience. Harborplace (seafood) Chowder is a MUST order!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BreakfastAlexDined on 2/23/2014I live in Baltimore So I wasn't staying at the Hotel But decide too visit for Breakfast. The Staff treated me and my kids just as they would Hotel guest. We was seated at a great view of Down Town Baltimore. We Decide to have the Breakfast Bar it was wonderful Bacon, Sausage, french Toast, oatmeal, even turkey Bacon & sausage for those who prefer that. Fresh fruit sliced just rite with a Grave choice of breads & pastries along with my kids favorite the omelet station. I will be visiting atleast twice a month for Breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week visitscuffleVIPDined on 2/18/2014A friend and I went for lunch during restaurant week. They had some lovely options and we each had chowder w/crab as the appetizer and the crab cake as the entree. Both were delicious and filled w/jumbo lump. The sides were a small portions of coleslaw and a fresh green salad with a medium portion of Old Bay fries. Put all together it was a very generous lunch for a great price. The restaurant is within the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel, so isn't usually thought of as a dining destination by locals. It's under-patronized at lunch time, so it's very quiet and private. It has great views of the Harbor and a very attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sub pardisappointedfoodieDined on 2/14/2014this place was recommended for a great view and good food and didn't deliver on ether. Only half of the restaurant had a view of the harbor the other half is stuck looking at an intersection and other buildings which include establishments you would rather be dining in. The food is bland and very overpriced. wine selection is limited. the wait staff was pleasant which was the only above average rating to give to the place. Wouldn't recommend it unless your a guest of the hotel where I would tell you to go and sit on the lounge side.
- Great harbor viewJimboDined on 2/14/2014Great harbor view, direct access from parking deck. A good special occasion venue, dinner for two with drinks can quickly approach $200. Food was good but nothing wowed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayJHUStudentDined on 2/14/2014It was perfect. The food was so good I keep thinking about it every day. The steak is so delicious. Pricey, so I wouldn't suggest going very often unless you have the money. My bill came out to over $180, but we had two appetizers, two entrees, one dessert, and two drinks. Also, the it was a special menu, so I think it may typically be less expensive on other nights.Special Features:
- Worst dining experience in agesYRUL84TVIPDined on 2/7/2014I think the cook cut too many classes at culinary school. The bread seemed reheated at least a couple of times before getting to table. Watertable's signature crab chowder is too pasty to begin with. Served by placing it in a COLD bread bowl in the middle of a square dish results in a messy, barely tepid, first course. My companion's soup du jour was better but nothing great. The honey and lavender brined chicken is a bit cloying, but flavorful. Again, the cook didn't know how to prep the ouside of the brined meat before cooking, producing rock-hard burnt-caramel sections that were inedible. Crab cakes ($34) were good; minimal filler. Are you a tired Renaissance Hotel guest ? Opt for fast food across the street instead.
- great food horrible managementannoyedcustomerDined on 12/31/2013Food was delicious but took way to long to come out and the wrong thing was brought out more then once! Overcooked filet at the price you pay is ridiculous. Lack of management. Although the server was good the management of the kitchen and flow of food was horrendous. The restaurant ran out of a clearly popular wine and was clearly not prepared for the busy holiday. After all of that they then forgot to bring out our dessert!Special Features:
- don't get the vegetarian entreesensiDined on 12/31/2013food was okay except my wife's vegetarian dinner was terrible. it was cold & tough.Special Features:
- NYEMangoMandingoDined on 12/31/2013Went for NYE, food was just OK, service was pretty good but view from the window table was excellent!Special Features:
- Not worth the priceBobMDined on 12/31/2013Went for New Year Eve hotel and dinner/breakfast package. The dinner was a fixed menu and very expensive, even for the holiday. The apps were fair, the salad was poor. The filet was very good as was the desert. For $70 it was definitely overpriced and not worth it. The view of the water from the 5th floor dining room is great. Breakfast the next day was very good. Choice of a buffet with a nice selection, including a station where they made eggs and waffles, or you could order off the menu.Special Features:
- Christmas DinnerAshleyDined on 12/25/2013My boyfriend and I went here for Christmas dinner. The view of the harbor was AMAZING!!! Unfortunately there is not much more I can say. My steak was cold and over cooked. My boyfriends food was just as cold, his hanger steak was uncooked and the mushrooms and tomatoes was bitter and not good. The service was GREAT...
- The reason I returned to yourflysyDined on 11/28/2013The reason I returned to your restaurant this Thanksgiving was because the food was excellent last year. You offered a great variety and it was well worth the money. This year I can't say the same and I was greatly disappointed. The service was great as always, but the variety was limited and the food wasn't good. I was informed that the chef from last year was no longer working at this restaurant, so I guess that explains the change in the taste of the food. I'm one that never count the cost of a good meal, buti left feeling like we wasted $180 which included parking.
- HorribleUnhappyDined on 11/15/2013My family and I ate at the Watertable on 11-15-13. The assigned waitress Chelsea never helped us and had an attitude when the other waitress Linda came over to see if we had been helped. Now if Linda did not come and take our order my family would have probably waited all night just to eat. The chief had no balance with seasoning of our food because the food was either too salty or it had no seasoning. The only thing we ate good was the bread and butter. I would not recommend this restaurant for dinner or for breakfast.Special Features:
- Harbor ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2013Nice menu and great service! We couldn't get a table at the window but no problem because the harbor is visible from all points in the dining room. We had a great server with excellent suggestions. Would go again.Special Features:
- How can you serve cold oatmealsunpointDined on 10/21/2013How can you serve cold oatmeal at 8:30 in the morning? Disappointing.
- Food Not Worth The PriceDyninForFoodDined on 10/12/2013I went to this restaurant on a Sat night, which also happened to be during a college football game so it was somewhat noisy. The noise did not bother me. The bread they give before the meal is absolutely delicious. The menu has very few items, which usually a positive indicator that the fool with be exceptional. Unfortunately, I did not believe that to be so. I ordered the Strip Steak, medium well. It was definitely medium and it was OK. I've had steaks equally as good at Fridays and half the price., A friend of mine ordered the lamb and the portion was extremely small. I would recommend this restaurant for the view, but not the food. Try Capital Grille, Sullivan's, McCormick's (not M&S), or Ruth's Chris. All within walking distance.Special Features:
- Breakfast and lunchTheBetterSmithDined on 9/28/2013A family member was in town for a conference at the Renaissance, so we met up at 11am on a Saturday. We asked for a window table, and only had to wait a few minutes. We were offered our choice of either the breakfast buffet or the lunch menu. Three of us had the buffet - delicious and plentiful, with a lot of variety (the mango smoothie "shooters" were amazing!) One in our group ordered from the lunch menu and had the Watertable salad with a crab cake. She said it was the best crab cake she'd had in a long time, and the salad was divine. Service was friendly, atmosphere was relaxed. We would highly recommend Watertable.Special Features:
- maybe a scenic view / OK fooddensDined on 9/21/2013Even tho we stayed in the hotel, made a reservation in advance and the restaurant was not crowded, all the tables with a view were taken and we were seated at a booth across the room from the windows.Hotel guests with advance reservations should get the tables with a view since that is the best attribute of the restaurant. Decor was not classy nor upscale. Although the food was good it seemed overpriced for quality of food and poor decor.Special Features:
- Great view&b'fast buffet, ok dinnerdcrdcrVIPDined on 8/31/2013Stayed at the hotel for Baltimore Grand Prix. The breakfast buffet is top notch and we had it every morning. Had dinner there one evening and it was just OK foodwise--a bit pricey for the quality and presentation. But the views were terrific at night and also in the morning watching the Indycar and Indycar Lights practices from inside where it was comfortable and cool compared to the heat and humidity outside. So, all in all we enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding crab soup... So steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2013Nice place, order the crab soup in a bread bowl, some of the best I had. Skip the steak.Special Features:
- OK, but not what I expectedKatieDined on 8/24/2013I was expecting the sumptuous brunch from the restaurant that used to be in twice the space now occupied by Watertable. But the food was good - excellent crab soup and crab cakes, and the view of Baltimore harbor still fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!ParkBenchDined on 8/17/2013The atmosphere was perfect. We sat at a table right at the window. Service was superb. My date and I shared the mussels, which were to die for. I had the Salmon and he had the Rockfish which were also absolutely amazing. The chef came out and we spoke for a bit and praised him on a fantastic meal. Excelent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnacceptableReallyDined on 8/9/2013We arrived at scheduled time, was seated by the hostess, and she began to serve water for the table where she poured half of the pitcher of water onto my brothers leg. A normal wait staff would quickly attend to the mishap but she continued to pour water and not give us anything to clean the water up. We used what we had as napkins to get the water up but then finally the waitress for the table came and decided to move us to another table.
- Generous portions4mft99VIPDined on 8/8/2013The Watertable Salad with an add on Crab Cake was the pick over the lunch buffet. Delicious, Fresh, & balancedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too long wait for foodforgottenbirthdaywomanDined on 8/3/2013we just waited too long for crab cakes to be brought out to us. Ironically. I mention my birthday in the reservation and no staff members acknowledge. A little disappointed :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed and will not returnXarhyaVIPDined on 8/3/2013I went to this restaurant hoping to enjoy the view of the city. I was disappointed that my strawberry salad was doused in the dressing. Not appealing. Before I could finish my salad, they were already bringing my main course. I would not go back again.Special Features:
- great food!southam97Dined on 7/31/2013we had the 3-course Restaurant week dinner menu, which offered a great range of choices to cover all preferences . All 3 of us had the seared scallops( with heavenly risotto and citrus). These were some of the best scallops I have EVER had- cooked to perfection! The beet salad was also incredible, but I thought the name was misleading. It did have some pickled beets, but beets was not what I would have considered the focal point. But it was delicious, nevertheless! We all opted for the same dessert again, too- the salted caramel chocolate cake. Heavenly!!!! The wine list was a fair range (nothing good for dessert however) and the prices within restaurant norms. The view over the Inner Harbor was magnificent!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25 minutes to get an appetizerSadlyDisappointedDined on 7/30/2013In a restaurant with only 4 other tables filled, and picking from a fixed menu, it should not take 25 minutes to bring out an appetizer. The server also didn't check on us that entire time, even to apologize for the wait.