21500 Pacific Coast Hwy
Huntington Beach, CA 92648Neighborhood:
Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.watertablehb.com/
- Phone: 714-845-4776x
- Hours of Operation:
6:30 AM - 1:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Manfred Lassahn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Rooms up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Liebengoodemail@example.com 8776454628
A word from Watertable
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Watertable reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (66)fit for foodies (49)special occasion (44)scenic view (40)good for groups (39)notable wine list (33)romantic (32)vibrant bar scene (30)neighborhood gem (27)kid-friendly (17)great for brunch (13)late-night find (12)great for lunch (10)hot spot (9)Show More
- Excellent DinnerBillVIPDined on 8/31/2014Dinner at the Watertable on Sunday evening was excellent. The menu is innovative and the food delicious. Service as very good. The ambiance for seating both inside and outside is very good. Valet service is available at no charge if you recover your car within 4 hours. Overall dining at the Watertable was outstanding.Special Features:
- DDinerDdinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014As first time guests, we were very underwhelmed to begin with, but it ended up being a good evening. With and okay table seating, pleasant servers, and good food, we will return and try again. Our server, Jinmei, was lovely. The website said 'Sunday Supper Menu' however, that doesn't begin until Sept 14th, so they shouldn't have been advertising on the website yet..... disappointed. I think once Watertable realizes that details matter in every aspect, not just the food, it will really have my attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014The Watertable is a great addition to the Huntington Beach area. The menu is unique, the food outstanding and the service was spectacular. The HB Manhattan sure did pack a punch and took the edge off of an otherwise long week.Special Features:
- DeservedPraiseDined on 8/23/2014I love the way they took the large dining room and broke it up into smaller, cozier, dining areas. The food was fabulous on all accounts by our party of party of 7. We had just left a reception with minimal food and champagne, so didn't have appetizers, but the entrees and sides were exceptional. The service was imprecable and our server, Brandon new how to handle all situations and made every comfortable with his assurances. I would highly recommend Watertable!
- GlennsterVIPDined on 8/15/2014Beautiful restaurant, food was good but pretty disappointing for the price
- FUn NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Great food for me, but my friends steak was way over cooked. BummerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu not as describedOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/13/2014While the food was tasty, i ordered the Iberico fig tart, there was no Iberico at all on the tart. I explained this to one of the servers, he said he would take care of it, nothing was done. The veal chop with polenta was very pricey $45.00, the polenta was more like a thin mashed potatoes. My husband is Italian and grew up eating polenta, he did not recognize this as polenta. Overall not for tourists but not great for foodies.Special Features:
- Best Dinner in Huntington Beach!RazzaliciousDined on 8/12/2014I travel to Huntington Beach several times per year on business and have to say, Watertable is by far the best dinner I've had in the area! The food was fresh and spectacular, the service was awesome (our waiter was fabulous!) and the ambiance very nice, especially if sitting outside. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for an amazing meal in a great setting. I'll definitely be back. :)Special Features:
- ocean breeze & fine diningscrapbookcathleenVIPDined on 8/12/2014We arrived at twilight to enjoy the last of the day's light as we enjoyed plank roasted salmon and house-butchered, grass-fed NY steak. So delicious!Special Features:
- Nice Anniversary DinnerVacationerDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I enjoyed the ambience and outdoor dining at The Watertable. I had the Salmon with Bacon Jelly which was tasty and my wife had the Pan-Roasted Branzino which she thoroughly enjoyed. The outdoor seating overlooked the water fountains in the center courtyard, but there was really no view of the ocean from the dining area. Overall we enjoyed our meal and the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Huntington BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/8/2014We've needed something like this in H. B. for a long time. Delighted it is in our townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant for chill mealZTNiolsDined on 8/5/2014Loved this place. My wife and I went here on vacation in Orange County (we were staying in the Hilton next door and it was a really easy walk) and had a great experience. We sat in the fireplace room--was really romantic in a relaxed way. This restaurant has GREAT food and really tasty cocktails. Get the Kentucky Tap Water. Get the bacon jam. I would highly recommend this place for a date!Special Features:
- Hyatt GemFoodieDined on 8/2/2014We ate there 2 nights in a row. The food is delicious! I don't think you can go wrong with anything on the menu. We had the Halibut, Filet and New York Steak, all so good. If you're in Huntington Beach it's a great place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hyatt Watertable.NBlocalDined on 8/2/2014The reservation system was down when we arrived so we were told to wait in the lounge. After some time they found us in the lounge and it appeared that they had forgotten about us. We were seated at the worst table on the patio despite the fact that we were celebrating a special event. We asked for a new table and after checking were moved to a far better table. The food was very good as was the wine list. I may return but only in the off season. The Watertable is a very good hotel restaurant but may not be able to compete with the stand alone restaurants in the coastal communities and I'm not sure I would recommend the restaurant unless the person was specifically looking for a place in Huntington Beach. The guitar player was great.Special Features:
- Finally!CindyVIPDined on 8/1/2014Huntington Beach finally has a fantastic restaurant to boast about! Watertable has everything locals have been looking for - a great vibe, an ocean view, FANTASTIC food, and even better service. Go with lots of friends so you can taste everything on the menu - you won't be able to decide! From the appetizers to the mains, the desserts and the wine list, it's so obvious that careful thought was put into every single thing on the menu. And the bar jars - BRILLIANT. Kudos to the management and staff for creating an atmosphere that doesn't exist anywhere else in HB. It's about time!Special Features:
- Dinner experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/29/2014Very good food and excellent service, but a bit expensive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fish I had was fantastic.COeatsDined on 7/26/2014Really enjoyed the food and service. Beautiful guitar music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasion1ofthebestDined on 7/26/2014went for our anniversary, and were treated special. the food was outstanding, especially the lamb chop appetisers. our waiter sam was great.Special Features:
- Lobster a little dryLuvHBDined on 7/25/20142nd visit for dinner, had lobster and salmon entre. Lobster better on July 23 than July 26. It's was dry, appeared to be sitting for awhile. Also think restaurant should rethink plate style, perhaps round vs oblong. Also need sharp knife since lobster is still attached to tail and is a little tough. Server went MIA for awhile, had to ask another worker for dessert order and our check. I know it's a new place and needs to work out the out the links, yes I will come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014My date and I love this restaurant, including the food, the view and of course the service. We will be back many more times, that's for sure :)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Although the food was good, very small portions for the money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itHbcindyDined on 7/18/2014Water Table is our new go to date night destination. Kahn is fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a fine meal with an ocean breezescrapbookcathleenVIPDined on 7/16/2014Brought a friend from out of state to enjoy great food and the ocean breeze, it was perfect. I had the halibut, she had the NY, we were both thrilled with our choices. I shall return again soon.Special Features:
- another fine mealscrapbookcathleenVIPDined on 7/6/2014Brought another friend here, ordered the steak with bacon jam, delicious. Topped it off with the 7 layer chocolate something or other, a small square of deliciousness! Fine service; our waiter Brandon was attentive but let us chat, a good balance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in Huntington Beachfoodie2Dined on 7/5/2014This spot was a central location to meet friends from the LA area for dinner. The food was exceptional, service was wonderful and the ambience on the patio was perfect for easy conversation. We started with a fig and carmelized onion tart appetizer and heirloom tomatoes -- both yummy and perfectly displayed. Three of us had fish (salmon and Halibut), cooked to perfection (grilled and poached -- 2 of the options) and displayed beautifully over asparagus, sukatash and couscous with grilled veggies, some of their various side selections. One of our party had the fillet and it too was grilled perfectly and displayed over a lovely array of veggies with pearl onions. It was our first time there but definitely not our last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/4/20142nd time visit on July 4. They pared down the regular menu for a buffet of fried chicken, meatloaf, steak, corn, mac n cheese, not my thing. Fortunately, the a la cart menu still got good choices. Opted for the deconstructed tomato salad, basically a caprese salad, tomatoes were very sweet and just enough balsamic. Entrees of sirloin and pork porterhouse were cooked nicely. Enjoyed it thoroughly. A short walk after dinner to the beach for the fireworks!Special Features:
- great servicescrapbookcathleenVIPDined on 7/1/2014Our waiter Kameron was great. I needed to eat quickly, and he got both the salad and the entree perfectly timed (with help from the kitchen). We'll be back! The kitchen always does an excellent job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedseattlemomDined on 6/28/2014I was very disappointed with the service as the restaurant had received good reviews. I arrived early with my 3 kids and we were asked to wait - not an issue. However, once we were taken to our table, a chair was missing and no one jumped to fix it (my son offered me his). We were also missing 2 place settings which I asked for but did not receive until our meals arrived. We had to ask for water and for bread (not offered). My son uses a straw and we had to ask the waiter 3 times to get one. I was not offered a cocktail/wine list menu (hmmm...maybe they thought a mom with kids doesn't need one?). My glass of wine arrived after my appetizer was served. My $24, 4 oz halibut was overcooked. I expect better service, inline with price.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/27/2014We were celebrating our 28th Anniversary and you staff made us feel very special. The food was excellent and the service was excellent. We live in Huntington Beach and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining service and atmosphereHBFoodie1VIPDined on 6/24/2014Can't say enough about how thrilled we are with Watertable. It is nice to have such a fabulous restaurant with such great service in Huntington Beach. The menu selection and quality of food coupled with fabulous waitstaff and a great wine list make it our favorite. We've even enjoyed a couple night dining in the bar. Kudos to The Hyatt for putting the money into redoing there dining concept. We are so lucky to have Watertable in Huntington Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/23/2014Great food and excellent service! A very pleasant surprise for a hotel restaurant. Will definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- another great mealscrapbookcathleenVIPDined on 6/19/2014I brought some friends here after our plans cancelled elsewhere, and they loved it! We all ate the NY steaks, each was cooked to perfection, and the bacon jam is amazing, again. The breeze was perfect for outside dining. I could have relaxed there all night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLorilynnDined on 6/16/2014We were very happy with the food and the service, exceeded our expectations and we will be back. The only negative is the wine list, way over priced, but we will just bring our own next time and pay the corkage fee.Special Features:
- Rather priceywineloverDined on 6/8/2014Food is very good but not at the level one would expect for the price. Had to send back one side as it was lukewarm rather than hot. That should not happen. Waiter was all over us at first then became totally unattentive inspite of the place not being busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful evening w an ocean breezescrapbookcathleenVIPDined on 6/3/2014The ocean breeze, though a little nippy, made it a perfect evening out.Special Features:
- Unexpected ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/27/2014Last night we dined at Watertable. We expected a great meal but did not anticipate this level of greatness. We sat outside with an amazing view. The outdoor seating area is cozy and added to the overall experience. Our waiter, Khan, who is also the sommelier, helped us pick a perfect wine and also helped make the decision of what to eat. With so many great choices on the menu it is hard to choose. The house butchered NY Steak was excellent and the bacon jam is out of this world. The dessert that ended the night (creme brûlée and salted caramel profiteroles) was the perfect ending to a great meal. We can not say enough just how fantastic Watertable even before their grand opening. This is definitely a must try when in Orange CountySpecial Features:
- Just as good the second time aroundHbcindyDined on 5/25/2014My husband and I made our second visit to Watertable and were not disappointed. Although Kahn was not working, Kevin, the asst. manager took great care of us and provided us with some laughs as well. We will be back again soon!Special Features:
- Amazing!LuvGreatFoodVIPDined on 5/24/2014This restaurant has an amazing vibe with menu creativity second to none. The wine list allows you to buy a couple glasses from a bottle you may not want to purchase which you do not see all the time. Most notable is the service. The people assembled in this restaurant are very accommodating and engaging. Being in a Orange County for three nights, we dined at Watertable two nights in a row. We were truly impressed and see this restaurant as Huntington Beach's best new place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- limited menuWJMRVIPDined on 5/24/2014I enjoyed what I ordered, but I wouldn't know what to get next time. I'm not a fish eater and the menu was limited. The food was good but expensive and not exciting.
- ExcellentKoolmomDined on 5/24/2014Love the vibe here. Decor is outstanding especially for hb. We have been three times in last ten days. Great just for cocktails or dinner.Special Features: