21500 Pacific Coast Hwy
Huntington Beach, CA 92648Neighborhood:
Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.watertablehb.com/
- Phone: (714) 845-4776
- Hours of Operation:
6:30 AM - 1:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Manfred Lassahn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Watertable
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Watertable reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (69)fit for foodies (55)special occasion (49)good for groups (45)romantic (39)neighborhood gem (34)scenic view (33)notable wine list (29)vibrant bar scene (21)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (12)great for brunch (9)late-night find (9)great for lunch (8)Show More
- entree1ofthebestDined on 11/10/2014had lamd chops on menu as a apetizer.asked to have lamb chops for an entree. waiter said no problem. lamb chops came as an apetizer , 3 small chops. very disapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itJackDanielDined on 11/6/2014Took my wife for her birthday and noted it on our reservation. The waiter greeted us immediately wishing her a happy birthday. Waiter was very attentive new the menu very well and made great suggestions on both food and drinks. Our waiter came by often and truly wanted to be sure we were happy with our meal and that we had everything we needed. Outside heaters ensured you can be comfortable year round. The Crem Brulee was amazing.Definately will go back.Special Features:
- Food for Foodies!MsFussBudgetDined on 11/5/2014If your looking for a gastronomic menu....you will enjoy WatertableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful night on the patioscrapbookcathleenVIPDined on 11/4/2014With the weather starting to chill in the evenings, I thought I might be too cold to sit outside, but the heaters were going, I had a sweater on, and it was perfect. That staff is friendly and the food is fabulous - I loved the pomegranate and kale salad, scrumptious! Cannot wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/31/2014We enjoyed our dinner very much. The food was fresh and creative. Everything we ordered was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ho humluv2dineDined on 10/26/2014The remodeled restaurant has a beautiful, open decor. Our martinis at the bar were really good. Dinner disappointed. We were surprised that the "Sunday Supper" menu is the ONLY menu for Sunday. We were not excited about the entree selections. However, we stayed and both selected seafood, which was good. The sides weren't hot and tasted precooked. Desert was good, not great. We were seated outside, and comfortable with the heater OFF. There were many open tables. Later, a group of 4 was seated next to us, and they requested the heaters be turned on. This made it too hot for us, and we ultimately moved to another table. My comment: we were there first. The guests arriving later should have moved for their comfort, not us.Special Features:
- MikeWMIKEWVIPDined on 10/25/2014Very creative menu which allows 2 choices of how large a cut of protein you want, chose from multiple sauces and style of cooking. Excellent quality of protein, add your choice of starch and veggie and your done. Really good "starters" too. Reasonable prices and very attentive service. A definite "must try."Special Features:
- just didn't get it rightMaynardGDined on 10/25/2014Somewhat of a sad evening. Once we were seated we got our drink order and menus. The waiter came back in 5 and asked if we had been there before and we had maybe 4 or 5 times. Then he started giving us a detailed explanation of the menu. We tried to get him to stop but he just kept going on for over 5 minutes. We ordered and waited approximately 30 minutes. The restaurant was not crowded at this time. In the meantime approximately 10 minutes after we ordered two men came in at the next table to us and ordered the same meal as we had done. We even commented on it. Well after another 15 minutes the two men were served dinner and I tried to tell the runner that that was our meal as we had ordered first. We got up and left.
- Very nice dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014Food was very good, service was excellent, pricing on the "Sunday Supper" somewhat deceptive - watch out of all those extra charges for sides, deserts, etc.Special Features:
- new restaurantBlumaxVIPDined on 10/12/2014Located in the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach, this restaurant was previously The Californian, a more typical hotel restaurant. Watertable is more upscale but in a subdued way. Great service and somewhat off beat dishes. We went with friends on a Sunday night. The meal was set up family style for the side dishes. Dishes were nicely prepared...not overwhelming in not too large a portion. Although the wine list was sizable I thought the prices per bottle was on the extravagant side. I recommend bring your own and pay the $25 corkage fee. Had a very nice time overall. Valet parking is complimentary (up to 4 hours). We plan to go back and try the full menu.Special Features:
- Sunday supperCCRiderDined on 10/12/2014We had the best dinner. kameron our waiter was so personable and his servers that helped were so helpful. We had a great dining experience, and the best part is you are right down the street n in HB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday SupperMsFussBudgetDined on 10/12/2014What a great idea, the menu had plenty of items to choose from and we had a great experience and will be back and we have been telling all of our friends about the restaurant and the fun Sunday Supper and the price is right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Food was absolutely amazing! Best Dinner my wife and I have ever celebrated over! Hats off to the chef!Special Features:
- Great Sunday Supper!DdinerVIPDined on 10/5/2014We were so pleased we tried the Sunday Supper! Great menu offerings, and good sized portions. The cheddar biscuits were wonderful, the salmon was perfectly cooked and the ravioli was prepared perfectly as well. I would have liked the baby kale salad chopped as it was full of so many leaf stems, and the vegetable side dishes (brussel sprouts and cauliflower) were just okay -the potato au gratin though was exceptional! Their coffee is very good, but at $4.50 a cup, you'd better hang around for refills! What made it a great evening as well was sitting on the outside patio and having such great service! Our server Raymond was just the best! We will go back for Sunday Supper again in the next few weeks as it is a great way to end the week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing dinnerHaydensgrandpyVIPDined on 10/3/2014Even with the restaraunt being busy the way they devided it up into smaller rooms seems to help keep the noise level down. Food was great as was the service.Special Features:
- The menu needs some work!!specialDinerDined on 10/2/2014The restaurant is inviting, near the beach, service was very good - but - the menu really needs some work. The wine list is adequate but not that comprehensive. We had the duck breast (seemed to be missing half a breast) and the veal chop (done nicely but hidden beneath a layer of unknown veggies also a little tough for veal). Caesar salad was quite strange, the romaine was not chopped at all but full leaf, hard to eat it that way. The sides of succotash and mushrooms were fine. We were hoping for more since this is for us a local establishment. Would return but would probably stick to the bar area, it did look inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HB Great RestaurantPRprincesaDined on 10/2/2014HB hit it right with the Watertable. The interior is gorgeous and young and sexy. It has a great vibe and the food is GOOD! They make a wonderful Negroni and both times I ordered the Branzino off of the Chef's menu. It was wonderful. Great service too.Special Features:
- A new favorite in HBLaurieleeVIPDined on 9/28/2014Watertable is something special and stands out in front of other HB restaurants. It has an upscale casual ambiance with a nice bar area with tall community tables and the Library area is quite and intimate. Interior dinning has a great feel and the outdoor patio is beautiful with the Fire pit table and fountains. It is just a short stroll over the bridge for a romantic walk on the beach. Food is great, we loved the new Sunday Night Supper, a 4 course "foodie" meal at a great price. My only complaint is that the lunch is limited to the bar area, with the great outdoor patio that's a shame. Let's make them a local Lunch hot spot and they'll have to open the patio!Special Features:
- Divine ExperienceHBChickDined on 9/27/2014Everything about this place is great. Ambiance is beautiful. Food is outstanding! Service was excellent. There isn't one thing that I could say was poor at all.Special Features:
- Excellent in every way.CalamityVIPDined on 9/25/2014What a lovely surprise. Didn't know about this restaurant and saw it on Open Table. From the valet to the guy pouring water the smiles and courtesy of the staff was amazing. The food, service and ambiance couldn't have been better. We are telling our friends and will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in Huntington BeachFoodieInHBDined on 9/25/2014HB has little in the way of fine dining. Watertable clearly stands above all the rest. This is a LA quality restaurant. The service is quite possibly the best I've experienced anywhere in the country. The waitstaff is extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic. If you have reservations about hotel restaurants don't carry that over to Watertable. The design is top-notch Mediterranean. You will not be overwhelmed by the menu - simple yet creative and elegant. I highly recommend Watertable.Special Features:
- Interesting Menuready2eatDined on 9/25/2014We visited Watertable for our anniversary. It's a new beautiful restaurant inside the Hyatt Huntington Beach. The menu has some interesting options and we liked the "make it your own" menu. You can choose your protein, cooking style with sauce and side dish. You can even choose the small or large portion size...perfect so you don't get over stuffed. We ordered the halibut and branzino, both cooked perfectly and the corn succotash was excellent. Looking forward to coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014excellent food. bread and branzino dish superb. yellowtail crudo and lambchop appetizers terrific too.Special Features:
- Sunday SupperscrapbookcathleenVIPDined on 9/21/2014We tried their Sunday Suppers menu which was a nice complement to the fabulous service offered by Danielle, our waitress. We were celebrating a birthday, and she was attentive without being intrusive, paced the meal perfectly, and is an asset to the restaurant staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a lovely September eveningscrapbookcathleenVIPDined on 9/2/2014a perfect steak on a perfect September evening; what more could one ask for?Special Features:
- BobbyKDined on 8/31/2014Both the food and service were exceptional !!!! It's is rare to find a staff from the top to the bottom so customer friendly and caring... what an awesome experience on a Holiday weekend ! ...and special thanks to OpenTable for getting a reservation 45 minutes earlier than we were able to get directly from the restaurant ourselves !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerBillVIPDined on 8/31/2014Dinner at the Watertable on Sunday evening was excellent. The menu is innovative and the food delicious. Service as very good. The ambiance for seating both inside and outside is very good. Valet service is available at no charge if you recover your car within 4 hours. Overall dining at the Watertable was outstanding.Special Features:
- DDinerDdinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014As first time guests, we were very underwhelmed to begin with, but it ended up being a good evening. With and okay table seating, pleasant servers, and good food, we will return and try again. Our server, Jinmei, was lovely. The website said 'Sunday Supper Menu' however, that doesn't begin until Sept 14th, so they shouldn't have been advertising on the website yet..... disappointed. I think once Watertable realizes that details matter in every aspect, not just the food, it will really have my attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great supriseHaydensgrandpyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Just found this restaraunt on a food blog, my wife and I had a really nice time here, everyone was very friendly. Jinmei our server did a great job recommending items that were her favorites. Food was very good ,the donut holes for desert was a nice way to end the meal. It's great to have another place for a date night close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014The Watertable is a great addition to the Huntington Beach area. The menu is unique, the food outstanding and the service was spectacular. The HB Manhattan sure did pack a punch and took the edge off of an otherwise long week.Special Features:
- DeservedPraiseDined on 8/23/2014I love the way they took the large dining room and broke it up into smaller, cozier, dining areas. The food was fabulous on all accounts by our party of party of 7. We had just left a reception with minimal food and champagne, so didn't have appetizers, but the entrees and sides were exceptional. The service was imprecable and our server, Brandon new how to handle all situations and made every comfortable with his assurances. I would highly recommend Watertable!
- GlennsterVIPDined on 8/15/2014Beautiful restaurant, food was good but pretty disappointing for the price
- FUn NightKari641Dined on 8/15/2014Great food for me, but my friends steak was way over cooked. BummerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu not as describedOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/13/2014While the food was tasty, i ordered the Iberico fig tart, there was no Iberico at all on the tart. I explained this to one of the servers, he said he would take care of it, nothing was done. The veal chop with polenta was very pricey $45.00, the polenta was more like a thin mashed potatoes. My husband is Italian and grew up eating polenta, he did not recognize this as polenta. Overall not for tourists but not great for foodies.Special Features:
- Best Dinner in Huntington Beach!RazzaliciousDined on 8/12/2014I travel to Huntington Beach several times per year on business and have to say, Watertable is by far the best dinner I've had in the area! The food was fresh and spectacular, the service was awesome (our waiter was fabulous!) and the ambiance very nice, especially if sitting outside. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for an amazing meal in a great setting. I'll definitely be back. :)Special Features:
- ocean breeze & fine diningscrapbookcathleenVIPDined on 8/12/2014We arrived at twilight to enjoy the last of the day's light as we enjoyed plank roasted salmon and house-butchered, grass-fed NY steak. So delicious!Special Features:
- Nice Anniversary DinnerVacationerDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I enjoyed the ambience and outdoor dining at The Watertable. I had the Salmon with Bacon Jelly which was tasty and my wife had the Pan-Roasted Branzino which she thoroughly enjoyed. The outdoor seating overlooked the water fountains in the center courtyard, but there was really no view of the ocean from the dining area. Overall we enjoyed our meal and the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Huntington BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/8/2014We've needed something like this in H. B. for a long time. Delighted it is in our townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant for chill mealZTNiolsDined on 8/5/2014Loved this place. My wife and I went here on vacation in Orange County (we were staying in the Hilton next door and it was a really easy walk) and had a great experience. We sat in the fireplace room--was really romantic in a relaxed way. This restaurant has GREAT food and really tasty cocktails. Get the Kentucky Tap Water. Get the bacon jam. I would highly recommend this place for a date!Special Features:
- Hyatt GemFoodieDined on 8/2/2014We ate there 2 nights in a row. The food is delicious! I don't think you can go wrong with anything on the menu. We had the Halibut, Filet and New York Steak, all so good. If you're in Huntington Beach it's a great place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.