Waterstone Bar and Grille
311 W Madison Street
Baltimore, MD 21201Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Waterstone Bar and Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.waterstonebarandgrille.com/
- Phone: 4102257475
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 11am - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Vegetarian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lisa Markiewicz
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Waterstone will design an event or group dinner specifically for your needs. Our extensive experience and exquisite menu will make your event special in every way. Each event is coordinated one on one with Waterstone management. Our prix fix menu starts at $25 for 2 courses..$42 for 4.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Markiewicz 8773650455
- Special Events: Special event coming soon? Let Waterstone be your choice as your event destination. We will host your event the way that you envision it, not how we think it should be. Call us today and see why we are voted TOP 10 DINERS CHOICE IN "BEST OVER ALL" by open table. 410.255.7475
A word from Waterstone Bar and Grille
Mount Vernon and Seton Hills only wine bar and lounge. Serving Mediterranean cuisine, vegetarian, daily specials and the best wines and cocktails in town. We are extremely popular for several reasons. Our proximity to all the popular theaters: Hippodrome, BSO, Lyric, Centerstage and all the independent theaters in the area. Our wine selection is made affordable to everyone. Diners are able to choose from over 100 flavors of wine, dozens of international beers and Mediterranean cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Waterstone Bar and Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- plunkVIPDined on 8/16/2014We were the only couple eating there at 6:30pm on Saturday. After about a half hour, another couple came in and sat at the bar. It was quiet since it was mostly empty. The music did nothing to brighten the mood.
- Pleasantly SurprisedPennyDined on 8/8/2014I would see this restaurant often and make a note to want to visit because it looked nice on the exterior and inviting even though it would be closed. I finally made that visit with some friends during restaurant week. I was a bit nervous as I was the one making the selection and wanted it to be a winner. It was. The staff was very friendly; especially the bartender who has a wonderful sense of humor. I think they all recognized that we were 1st timers. The ambiance was energetic and upbeat even though it wasn't very crowded. The food was great. I had the lamb chops and my friend said the pork chop was delicious. I want to return to try other entrees. I think I've found a new spot in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 359 reviews are from the Waterstone Bar and Grille reviews archive.
- A Neighborhood GemBaltimoreFoodieDined on 12/1/2013I often have guests from out of town and the Waterstone is always a good and dependable place within the neighborhood to take folks to eat. Friendly staff, good food, reasonable cost, what more can one ask for in a restaurant.Special Features:
- Off Night - Will Try AgainP34C3Dined on 11/21/2013The owner was not there and our group felt neglected as the waitress seem preoccupied with other matters. Chalked it up to a bad day in the kitchen as well. Had too much fun to give up - will try another night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff was very friendly andBaltoshakerDined on 11/17/2013Staff was very friendly and well intentioned. However, service was a bit slow. Granted.... we had a brief period of time to eat before seeing a 6:30 show at the Hippodrome. Our reservation was at 5 PM. Our entrees were served at 6:10-6:15 PM and the "medium rare" steaks were well done. The other meals were quite good, but we had to wolf them down. Still willing to try the restaurant again when we have more time to spend there but I was a bit disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodrobeenoDined on 11/14/2013Mac and cheese appeared 2 b reheated one 2many times. It was dry and no taste. I sent my mac and cheese back and the cook added some more cheese, REHEATED again and sent it back 2 me. I didn't wanna ruin wonderful. Date w/complaints so I took it homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food and niceLizzyVIPDined on 11/9/2013Really good food and nice folks. Enjoyed it and will be back.Special Features:
- Lovely Night OutErinVIPDined on 11/8/2013Second time dining here and it was just as good as the first time. The food is delicious, I recommend the tapas. They are great portions and you get to try different dishes. The atmosphere is pleasant, dim lighting, a water fountain in the background. The owner even came over to the table for a chat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dad's BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/5/2013I have been to this restaurant before and the lamb chops were great. Took Dad for his birthday. Chose this place because we were going to Center Stage afterward and I had a coupon for 1/2 second entrée. It was pretty empty on a Tuesday night, but service was great and personal. It was a little dark for my liking but nice. Waitress brought wrong dessert but quickly remedied the issue once it was brought to her attention. I loved my lamb chops. Dad wanted his to be piping hot. They aren't supposed to be. Was nice place to have a quiet birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2013Great dinner for the price. Also, the restaurant is just outside of the beaten path, making parking much easier than in other parts of Mt. Vernon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great DinnerDebbieDined on 10/27/2013My daughter and I had dinner at the Waterstone because we were attending the "Girls with Guitars" concert at the Hippodrome. The Waterstone is 5 minutes from the Hippodrome. My daugher is a vegetarian and the menu has plenty of selections for her to choose from. We both love the Mediteranian flare to the menu and as usual, the meal and service were outstanding. The white sangria was delicious too. I highly recommend the Waterstone. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinner before showLovinFoodDined on 10/19/2013We were skeptical from the various reviews on OT and Yelp - mostly either very good for very bad. We had a very good dinner, before a show on a Sat nite. The service was very attentive, the menu is actually quite impressive, and the food and drink was really quite good. We left stating that we'd come back, tell our friends, and give positive reviews. It's a bit off the beaten path but you should definitely try it.Special Features:
- New waiter - needs more trainingChrisVIPDined on 10/13/2013We had been to Waterstone a few weeks before and had a much better dining experience. It was our waiter's first day and it took him quite a while to get to us. And then he seemed to have forgotten us and we had to ask another server to take our order. He didn't know the menu very well, particularly the wine list. He DID get us new bread after we mentioned that ours was a bit stale. And it was fresh, so that was good. However, he cleaned the table next to us with Windex. I was glad the food hadn't come yet, because the smell was rather unpleasant and would have been off-putting if we were eating.Special Features:
- We brought a large group (14)LindabDined on 10/12/2013We brought a large group (14) in for dinner and couldn't have been more pleased with the arrangement, the food, and the service. It was a good menu for all of us with some of us sharing several tapas selections and others ordering full entrees. The owner came by to make sure we were well taken care of (which is always nice). The food was excellent and while the wait staff was busy, they did a great job of keeping up with all of our food and drink needs. It made for a great celebration.Special Features:
- easygoereasygoerDined on 10/5/2013Fish was over-cooked appetizer was great wine list adequate service was attentive w/o being overbearing..just right I would go back. I would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was a little scatteredChrisVIPDined on 9/28/2013Food was great - waitress was kind of scattered. She would ask us how things were but leave before we could say, "We'd like..." okay, she's gone... and then have to wait till she came back.Special Features:
- Waterstone was a wonderfulJudypieVIPDined on 9/22/2013Waterstone was a wonderful surprise. The restaurant is very attractive, comfortable, and welcoming, as was the staff. The menu is an adventure in gastronomical treats. Indeed, we loved everything we ordered and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local gemfoodiluvherDined on 9/10/2013great food. excellent service and atmosphere. we are eager to try the carryout menu to try more food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treasure around the cornerGeoffreyDined on 8/10/2013I wish I discovered Waterstone Bar and Grille sooner. It provides a most delightful evening out. The food is fantastic with several vegetarian options (a personal favorite), yet the service was even better. The entire staff was friendly and made my entire dinner party feel special. I look forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- New Find!P34C3Dined on 7/31/2013The staff, service and food were magnificent! Everyone was so friendly and efficient. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediterrian Mecca for MobtownJennaDined on 7/27/2013The service, ambiance and food were all outstanding. The menu offers a wonderful variety without overloading you. First through thirtieth date safe Dining is intimate enough for small parties of 6 or less. Great for couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2013We stayed at the Biltmore down the street and was pleasantly surprised with this quaint restaurant.Special Features:
- Quiet and tucked away neighborhoodFatboyDined on 7/19/2013Quiet and tucked away neighborhood gem! Food was delicious, especially the grilled calamari. Service was great. Owner Lisa was very friendly and asked us our opinion, being that it was our first time there. Will definitely go back there again!Special Features:
- Hidden Gemkeelyk1125Dined on 7/12/2013I feel like people often overlook this place because of it's location, but don't let that deter you! Great happy hour specials, tasty food and a nice ambience. Would have loved to eat outside but it was raining, however the inside is just as great. Service was wonderful, yummy cocktails and sangria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but service is lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2013We walked in and the gentleman behind the bar acknowledged us and said that he would be right with us, he checked the reservation but found out that he did not check us in on Open Table. He took our drink order and then seemingly disappeared, he was not very attentive, and the place was not busy so it seemed odd. He was polite enough, we liked that they brought a water bottle to the table - especially since he did not come back often. The food was great, as always, this reinforced that you should not go here if you are in a hurry.Special Features:
- Fantastic experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/9/2013The food was phenomenal and the service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been in this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2013I've been in this restaurant before and based on previous experience I would recommend Waterstone to friends and family. However, the last visit was not the best experience. They run out of few thing on the menu, the chicken skewers were burnt, the steak overdone. We sent back these two. The second time around the food was done perfectly. Our other dishes were very tasty. The restaurant definitely redeemed itself by offering us 3 glasses of wine and two desserts on the house.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2013We arrived at 7pm on a Tuesday, but still, I was surprised it wasn't busier. The food was really good. We had tapas style lamb chops, steak, chicken, falafel balls - all so good. The happy hour cocktails were great also. Staff were friendly and helpful. I would go back again if ever in Baltimore. Definitely worth checking out. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2013I took my husband there for Father's Day and he and my daughter absolutely loved it! It is very quaint and there is the cutest fountain in the dining area. The waiter was great and very accommodating. The food was also wonderful especially the sweet potato fries. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceRachelVIPDined on 6/9/2013excellent food, loved the tapas and sangria. not in the best area of town - we sat outside and wish we hadn't. too loud with the hospital right next to itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four of us dined at 5:00 pmBrintVIPDined on 6/1/2013Four of us dined at 5:00 pm (opening time) on a recent Sunday at this tiny restaurant exhibiting Old World charm, knowledgeable and helpful service, and a varied menu of delicious choices accompanied by a wine list of sufficient variety to have something for everyone. There are a few outdoor tables, but the weather was hot, and we were not offered outdoor dining (OK by me!). We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a very attentive, friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2013Had a very attentive, friendly, accommodating server. Nice atmosphere, not noisy. The food was above average, but not outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Awesome Date NiteScooterm4mDined on 5/25/2013Always love Waterstone's ambiance, the staff and the food.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemjwppagosaDined on 5/23/2013Waterstone is a great find in a slightly dicey neighborhood on the far west end of Mount Vernon. Good Mediterranean food. Small place, so reservations are advised. Also, parking can be an issue. No parking lot, so parking on the street is the only option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/18/2013We had the vegetarian delight (which has falafel, fried artichoke hearts and dolmades) and the the hariki village dish (lamb chops, fried calamari and grilled veg). The lamb was the best, it was well seasoned and properly done. The tzatziki (goes with the lamb) was also good. The calamari was fairly crispy, but the tzatziki didn't go well with the calamari. It would have benefitted from something more acidic. Or perhaps just being plain grilled with lemon juice. The falafel was good but not awesome. The artichoke hearts were lightly breaded, and served with a chipotle mayo. Chipotle isn't really Mediterranean, but it was good enough. The dolmades were acceptable. Overall, I would say the food was good but not great.
- Food, as always, was delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/14/2013Food, as always, was delicious. Service was impeccable. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blind TrymajorbaconDined on 5/14/2013We had tickets to a concert at the Hippodrome and wanted to dine somewhere reasonable close before the show. Web site looked good, menu looked good, and we could be there in time for Happy Hour. Happy hour drinks were priced right and the happy hour hors de voures were great. Our waitress was friendly from the moment we walked in and responded to all of our requests without any hesitation. The menu made a dinner choice tough as there was a good variety to choose from. We each made the right decision and our meals were perfect. We left filled and tuned up for a good concert. Will definintely go back there again, concert or no concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!Scooterm4mDined on 5/10/2013Waterstone is my favorite restaurant in Baltimore. The owner and the staff have created a warm environment that feels as comfortable as your favorite sweater with an air of easy sophistication. The food is excellently prepared and the flavors blend naturally. We had an assortment of tapas. The Dolmades are amazing. We also had the lamb chops, steak points, steak tips, asparagus, artichokes, mac and cheese and a dessert. I would recommend every one of the small plates. I highly recommend Waterstone.Special Features:
- Love Waterstone!BuckVIPDined on 5/10/2013We had anther wonderful dinner before going to the theater. The owner Lisa Waterstone makes sure that everything is perfect. She makes it a point to stop at every table in the restaurant to ask if everyone is happy. The bartender mixes up a mean drink! Whatever you want, they will accommodate you. Keep it up Lisa, We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than everJohnVIPDined on 4/27/2013We really enjoyed our last visit. Food was a notch up from an already good rating. Wait staff was attentive and friendly. We really have come to enjoy this spot.Special Features: