10207 Wincopin Circle
Columbia, MD 21044Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sheratoncolumbia.com/Restaurant
- Phone: (410) 423-9000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 6:30am - 10:00am
Sunday: 6:30am - 12:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kenny Johnson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please consult with our private dining specialists to ensure your event is perfect! Custom menus are available.
- Private Party Contact: Tom Kranz 4104239000
A word from Waterside Restaurant
Foodies are invited to our Columbia Restaurant. Enjoy breakfast, lunch, or dinner surrounded by enchanting views of Lake Kittamaqundi. Our menu includes traditional favorites and regional temptations that will delight every taste. Find a feast for your eyes as well as your palate at our premier Columbia restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Waterside Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
1 review since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (1)Show More
- Great service and friendly staff.ThanosiedDined on 6/15/2014Everyone was very accommodating. Food was good, everyone had a good time. Lovely view of the lake lots of windows. Went for father's day brunch with over 15 people and it was not crowded. Would definitely repeat. Only wish I could reserve for over 10 people online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014Our daughter's graduation lunch was wonderful. Food and service were excellent. We enjoyed the view,Special Features:
- Fod was good, service was ok.ColumbiaCathyVIPDined on 12/31/2013We planned our NYE dinner at the Waterside. We were seated promptly, but quickly noticed a large group in another part of the restaurant. While the area were were seated only had 4 tables with customers, our server seems to be distracted by watching the large group, as did most of the other servers. The food was really tasty, but service not so. We ordered a bottle of wine, had to ask for a chiller. Another person brought the glasses. We were left to open and serve the wine ourselves! Never offered any specials(if there were some). No offer of dessert or coffee. The service left us distracted. Will we give them another chance? Probably, prices were reasonable, but if the service isn't better, it will be our last visit.
- Quite Christmas for two.NotmyHairDined on 12/25/2013Very good experience, great wait staff, great food priced just right. Santa didn't come down the chimney, he came out of the KITCHEN!! CAN't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spotty service and inflated pricesTramill720Dined on 12/25/2013We dined here for Christmas dinner and had made reservations several days in advance. After being seated, it took 10 mins for a waitress to come to the table. We placed an order for our dinners and salads. My husband's salad arrived within 5 mins or so but mine came with our entrees. Food was just mediocre nothing special: crab-cake sandwich and salmon filet. It seemed that there was a staffing problem and that the restaurant had not properly planned for this event. Management needs to do some re-tooling: better planning, staffing and holiday meal selections.Special Features:
- I love the relaxed feel ofSunshineDined on 12/25/2013I love the relaxed feel of this place and the lakeside view . The crab cakes and tilapia were very good. I definitely would return to try more dishes. Service was well-timed and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not preparedDisappointedDined on 9/29/2013We had company from Maine and thought our former experiences at Waterside were so good, we planned on a nice seat, good service, and good food. The wait staff and maître d were frazzled from a huge crowd. We had to ask for a menu and to explain the buffet v menu and NEVER were offered coffee or tea even until we left. I felt embarrassed to say the least. Perhaps it was not typical of the Waterside, but it was really poor all the way around. And the buffet ran out of croissants, muffins, and bagels!! ugh.Special Features:
- Seafood was very good!CommonwealthDined on 8/24/2013There were very few diners at the Waterside on a Saturday night. In fact, the restaurant was empty when we arrived. The service was great and the food was very good as well. The seafood dishes were very good, we had the salmon and crab cakes. The portions are generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a group of 10 or soTriathletesDined on 8/17/2013We had a group of 10 or so and there was one other group in the restaurant, but the staff seemed rather challenged. They did not bring all that we ordered. We had to get up to get the water pitcher for refills. Our waitress was very nice though. The pasta dish a few got before the race was not good. Several people only ate it because they needed some food. I tried it and had to agree with them that it was about the worst pasta they had tasted. On the plus side, the view and ambiance is very nice. The bread was delicious. The roasted veggie sandwich was very good.Special Features:
- Private DiningKeartineDined on 8/2/2013My husband and I visited on a Friday night. The restaurant is in a hotel, but we are locals. There was a large party, but we were seated away from the dividing wall. The tables and chairs appeared well used but clean. We had a beautiful view of the water, with swan shaped paddle boats. Due to the large party, there were no more of the usual fruit cheese plates, so the manager made a custom one for me which was both pretty and tasty. We both enjoyed our meals very much, and plan to return another time. I was surprised to find that NO ONE else was eating there, one other couple was seated just as we were paying for our meal and preparing to leave. This would be a great place to bring friends for a great meal in a quiet atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Location with Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/28/2013We didn't know this location existed until we saw it on Open Table. The location is great because it's by this small lake close to Columbia Mall which meant a nice view. We invited family for a get together and made reservations. Since it was Sunday afternoon, we had the place basically to ourselves. The menu had a variety of items. On their website they list all their food items. However when I saw the menu, the entrees I saw said they were only for dinner. Fortunately, our waitress said we can order anything on the menu which we did from the Rack of Lamb to the Crab cakes. We also splurged with the desserts enjoying the Chocolate Cake and Key Lime Pie. All in all a very pleasant dining experience! Convenient garage parking too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Days of elegant ...gone gone goneWhats4dinnerDined on 6/26/2013Use to be a romantic restaurant. Use to be good food. Service was good but everything else was bad...sorry but true. Will not recommend or return.Special Features:
- Mixed reviewsEllenDined on 6/8/2013We had not been here in a long time, but recently met with friends on a Saturday evening, and had such a nice time that we returned with other friends this past Saturday. The previous evening the restaurant was busier and better staffed. Service was attentive but not rushed, and the food was very good. On this past Saturday evening, just about two months later, diners were sparse and so was the service. We opted to eat indoors -- a mistake as conversation was drowned by piped in music. The artisan cheese plate appetizer is ample and the bourbon salmon was very good. The menu doesn't many dinner entrees - one each of chicken, salmon, beef, pasta, lamp, something else -- but are reasonably priced and they reduced the charge for drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If I didn't have to eat to liveCornerTableVIPDined on 5/7/2013I'd only go back if it were the only place available and I was starved. The crab cake had no crab and the rockfish looked and tasted like tilapia.
- Okay meal, poor ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/28/2013Although the food was generally good (we had steak and crab cakes ), The MD Crab soup was too salty and unappealing. The service though was fairly good, since our waitress had a large area and still did a good job in supporting our needs. What I found most unsatisfactory was the general physical condition of the restaurant. The carpet appeared dated and worn and the dining tables looked worn, including some chairs with faded or worn out upholstery on the seat portion. To me the physical appearance detracts from a relatively nice view of the lake surrounding the restaurant. This place is okay as a hotel restaurant , but I would not suggest it if you want a good stand alone restuarant with attractive internal furnishings and decor
- DisappointmentSmithDined on 4/27/2013We made a reservation at Waterside to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We were seated for 20 minutes before a waitress came to the table. It was another 15-20 minutes before we received anything to drink. So we decided to leave.
- Nice evening outEllenDined on 4/27/2013We had not been to the Waterside in years because we no longer lived close by. Because we were attending a special event in the hotel, we decided to get reacquainted with the restaurant. We had a cheese platter appetizer that was outstanding. The bourbon salmon was perfectly cooked; be aware that the sauce is very sweet. The mustard sauce overpowered the other fish dinner that our friend ordered. Service was a tad too leisurely; after getting us appetizers and drinks promptly, we had to chase down our waiter to order dinner and then to receive our bill; they seemed a bit understaffed. Had we not had a deadline, however, the fact that we were not rushed would have been a bonus. If the opportunity presents itself, we would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have had wonderful, amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013I have had wonderful, amazing memories of the brunch here for YEARS, when family comes in from out of town we take them to it, when it is Fathers Day, or any holiday, we also go to the brunch. Not knowing it had been stopped, we madea reservation for this past Sunday. No more brunch, only a "buffet" that, honestly, I have had better at a Marriott, Holiday Inn, etc... Bagels, eggs, old and greasy and hard bacon and sausage, all picked through with only a couple pieces remaining, old and curled up french toast, oatmeal, fresh fruit, and bagels. It was NOT worth the $13.00 or so that I paid for it, and again, this "breakfast" would have been free elsewhere. It was a sad, embaressing and disappointing experienceSpecial Features:
- Come here for the foodFeinschmeckerVIPDined on 3/9/2013The oustanding part at this restaurant was the well prepared food. Very creative with a lot of well balanced spices. The service, on the other hand, was insecure and slow. A bit short and snippy at times.Special Features:
- The view of the lake was lovelymeeksVIPDined on 2/25/2013The view of the lake was lovely even during the winter. I will be back in the spring and fall. The food was delicious (crab soup. shrimp coctail, burger and beef sandwich) we DIVINE!!!Special Features:
- It has been a number of yearsdiner9VIPDined on 2/14/2013It has been a number of years since we have eaten at the Columbia establish, so we thought we would have a Valentine's dinner for two. The food was fine as was the service, but it was definitely not a special meal or venue.
- A nice setting with friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013A nice setting with friendly staff, but the food was more hotel quality rather than chef prepared quality.Special Features: