Waterside Grill – Tampa Marriott Waterside
700 South Florida Avenue
Tampa, FL 33602Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Waterside Grill – Tampa Marriott Waterside
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 8132214900
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 1:30pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Randles
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy the view from our terrace, then enter the private dining room for any special event whether it’s a family gathering or a business outing we can accommodate up to 50 quests.
- Private Party Contact: Manja Blanchard 813-204-6313
- Cross Street: Channelside Drive
- Public Transit: From Tampa International Airport: Take I-275 North for 6 miles to downtown Exit 44. Follow signs to Convention Center & Harbour Island. Hotel is 12 blocks ahead adjacent to the Tampa Convention Center on Old Water Street. Bus service: $11.00 USD (one way) Estimated taxi fare: $22.00 USD (one way)
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Discounted valet provided with breakfast/lunch/dinner receipt based on availability. (excluding special event nights at St. Pete Times Forum)
A word from Waterside Grill – Tampa Marriott Waterside
Enjoy our new menu from our Tampa Channelside restaurant’s relaxed settings. Our menu takes inspiration and guidance from the seasons. We pride ourselves on celebrating the local bounty through recognizable favorites with commitment and respect …. That simple! Many of our ingredients are grown in our very own garden. The Waterside Grill is perfect for a casual breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Located inside the Tampa Marriott Waterside hotel, we offer waterviews and outside patio seating. Also, a private dining room with waterviews for parties of 10 to 50 persons.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Waterside Grill – Tampa Marriott Waterside - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Waterside Grill – Tampa Marriott Waterside reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (5)great for brunch (3)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great view and food, but!LaVaughanDined on 7/29/2014Great view of the bay and food was great. Filet cooked perfectly. Chicken wing appetizer was enjoyed by all. Flatbread appetizer had a little too much spice(peppers) for your average person. Service was great until other patrons came, then we had to ask other wait staff for refills of water and the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014The service was good, however it took a long time to get our food. The food was cold, extremely salty, and felt like it was sitting under the warm light for a while. This review is not meant to bash anyone. I've been in the hospitality industry for 30 years. Just a little FYI.Special Features:
- MommaLisaDined on 6/28/2014Very nice meal. Good cocktails. I would go back. We were attending an event in the hotel and it was very convenient.
- Great service but slippingDaveLutzDined on 6/15/2014We've gone here for brunch many times. The selection keeps shrinking but the price does not. There used to be lunch items and desserts at the brunch. Recently there have been only breakfast items. Decent, but not worth the price. Great view of the water and Albert, the waiter, is awesome.Special Features:
- French DinningChiefRichieDined on 6/11/2014The best French dinning in Tampa, some of which came from the Chief's roof-top garden. Chief Richie has a roof top garden with vegies and will take customers on a tour.Special Features:
- Excellent food, mediocre serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014The Shrimp tacos were excellent. Very nicely done. The food came out quickly, which was great. But the server was very inattentive. We had to hunt him down in the end to pay, and then hunt him down again to get a pen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your moneyHiflynDined on 5/21/2014We went here since it was convenient to eat here before going to the show at the Tampa Bay forum. However, $16 for three small scallops is outrageous!!!!! And they didn't even taste that great!!! I am so angered by the experience that I vowed never to eat there again.
- morandcVIPDined on 5/21/2014Very nice location for breakfast buffet. A bit pricey but it is a Marriott. Service was good & view was great.Special Features:
- Just OkFOODDUDE23VIPDined on 5/17/2014It was ok, nothing more. Food seemed overcooked and the place was empty.
- The following 62 reviews are from the Waterside Grill – Tampa Marriott Waterside reviews archive.
- Worth another visitKareBearDined on 4/20/2014My family of 4 went to the Waterside for Easter brunch. I had made the reservation about a week out, and was specifically looking for a buffet as we have varied tastes in our family. We were all satisfied with the variety of choices, minus the slight disappointment of no carved meats being available. As with most buffets, the food is not quite as fresh as if prepared to order, but it was pretty good. Mt husband was thrilled with the Italian deli meats, & the fresh omelettes were excellent. The service seemed a little frazzled, & lots of glasses/dishes seemed to be clanging & crashing. We had to step outside to see the view, but it is beautiful. Overall, I would like to try this restaurant again on a non-holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch on the Tampa RiverfrontGoodBrunchDined on 4/20/2014Brunch at the Waterside Grill is placed in a nice setting. Traditional selections, omelets, waffles, nothing fancy; i.e. no carving table or seafood bar. Nice dinning room and the option to sit outside.Special Features:
- Nice LunchAngieDined on 4/13/2014We visited this restaurant for lunch before attending an event at the Forum. I chose this spot for it's outdoor dining. No problems getting seated, but waiter was very short & to the point & seemed to want to rush us to order, although the restaurant was very slow, When I asked about a drink menu, he told me there wasn't one. The lunch menu did not offer a lot of choices, but the filet was excellent & cut with a butter knife easily (as no steak knife was offered anyway). Other people at my table enjoyed their hamburgers. Overall, food was excellent. Although server wasn't over friendly, he did take care of our table promptly. I would most likely try the Champions restaurant next time to compare as I wasn't overly wowed by this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- same o same oExploringTampaAreaDined on 3/30/2014This was a good experience, not great whether it was the food or the service. The buffet had all the usual selections, including undercooked bacon (non-crispy). The omelet was good but nothing special. That is basically what this place is good -- but nothing special.
- Poor Service for 10FamilyskitripVIPDined on 3/27/2014We arrived at 7:45 for a party of 10 people. The hotel was busy and two additonal tables of 10 sat down in other areas of the restaurant from the convention. As you guess, it all fell apart and the dinner went from a one hour dinner to three hour dinner and the food was poor. This restaurant is at a hge Marriott resort and they should be prepared for large parties and dinners should move smoothly. Thier excuse was we weren't ready for three tables of 10. Excuse me, I made reservations for a table of 10 and they should have known. Not impressed!!!!Special Features:
- Mother-in-law lunchChipDined on 3/16/2014The Waterside Grill welcomed my 92 year old mother-in-law with gracious professionalism and she responded with delight and charm. The food was wonderful; the view was fabulous, and a good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's ok..FoodloverDined on 2/14/2014I had booked the water grill for its waterside view but there were no views available so we looked at the wall.. It took 10 minutes for someone to come take out drink order which then to about 20 minutes to come us along with cold bread. Once we finally got our drinks we asked the waiter about a meal on the menu and he was clueless which I found amazing since the staff should go over that every day. Once we placed our order the food did come faster than the drinks and was pretty amazing. The cocoanut risotto was so good. If your looking for a romantic venue with a view.. Go somewhere else.
- I didnt like the placeENGMINADined on 2/14/2014I went on valentine day and all they had three choices for food and the worst service everSpecial Features:
- Good Quality fair valueAutonotionsDined on 2/14/2014Dined with the grill on Valentines Evening. Had Reservation, arrived early, staff accomodated us with no problem! Awesome! Attentive staff, several people checked on us to make sure we were being helped. There were lots of choices on the menu which was a nice surprise as we expected a prix fixed offering due to the holiday. There were several seafood and non seafood offerings. We both ordered the filet and Lobster Combo. Price was a bit on the high side but understanding location and holiday we were ok with price. The steaks were excellent quality with good lean meat and cooked to order. The lobster was only fair. Overall the meal was enjoyable albeit overpriced relative to quality. Choclate tarte tasted cooler burned and was served cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- By the waterFinner01Dined on 2/14/2014Good food, good wine selection. Great food and a nice touch for valentines day with a red rose for the ladies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but...SmwincDined on 2/6/2014The restaurant is located in the Marriott Tampa Waterside near the Tampa Bay Times Forum. It is a lovely location by the water. We had a great meal but had to wait 75 minutes to get it. The wine was reasonable and there was a good selection. The seafood and steak entrées were delicious and perfectly prepared. I think the restaurant was understaffed. There was a hockey game and conference going on, so the hotel was full of guests but the restaurant must have underestimated how many guests would dine at the restaurant. I still would recommend the restaurant, but give yourself extra time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/31/2014Service was friendly and well timed. Weather was rainy but the view from the inside was great. Good wine and perfect mixed drinks at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve dinningJoeyDined on 12/31/2013The food was outstanding, perfect presentation, great floors and big portions! Unfortunately, the services were very friendly, but seamed overwhelmed by two large groups, not enough staff working, this hurt the service score I gave. Great location right on the water with beautiful views of Tampa Bay, and yes I will return here , great food, beautiful setting with a great prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful hotel and restaurant overcooleysDined on 12/25/2013all. a little cramped. for the price we did expect a little seafood, but there was none. desserts were pretty and tasty. service was great.
- Needs some help...DaveLutzDined on 12/25/2013The wait staff was excellent and very attentive for Christmas night buffet. The area where the food is set up is very cramped and it was way too easy for one slow person to hold up the whole process. This was especially difficult because the desert display was set up first, so there was no way to access it independently of the main food line. The green beans were not favorful, the turkey was dry, and overall the choices were very limited for the price. The mother's day brunch is way better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, terrible ambiencereddoggieDined on 12/25/2013We were at the Waterside for their Christmas buffet. The food was really good -- kind of standard fare, but absolutely nothing to complain about (the desserts weren't great, but the rest of the meal was delicious). But the ambience was horrible. We felt like we were eating in a cafeteria rather than in a nice (and fairly expensive) restaurant. The buffet line was set up in a terrible fashion -- desserts first, for example, and a second line had no clear starting point, so it was a mess of people trying to figure out where and how to move through it. The dining area was crowded and noisy, and it was tricky to move around without hitting harried waitstaff or confused diners. Might be different on a "normal" night, but we didn't go back.
- Dinner and a strollPesceDined on 12/25/2013Great food, great service and a perfect holiday experience for the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended: Waterside GrilldwscccDined on 12/25/2013Staff is very attentive; reasonably priced for good quality food; several dining options available inside and outdoorsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!JustmeDined on 12/25/2013A great time on Christmas Day. Service was great, food was excellent. We will be back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas BuffetShark7Dined on 12/25/2013We have been to many buffets in the Tampa area, some really expensive ones and the Waterside just surpassed all of them. It is the first place we have ever had such a wonderful prime rib served cut to order on the buffet line. It was boneless and you could have it well or rare, it was awesome. They had some of the best turkey we have ever had, at home or at a restaurant. The desserts were outstanding and the bread pudding was to die for. Overall the best in the area and we will return. To top all that it was only 24 dollars a person, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013We went for the Christmas Day buffet. Our experience was 5 star. Will definitely go back. Great food, service and atmosphere on the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas lunchbusygirlDined on 12/25/2013Our group of 8 dined on Christmas day at 12. It was pretty crowded. We sat in a side room (quieter than the main restaurant). The main buffet line was slow and the food choices were limited. The Prime Rib was awesome...crusted with wonderful herbs. The Butternut Squash soup and Maple Bourbon Bread Pudding were also excellent. The downside was the service. All the server needed to do was refill our drinks and remove used plates. We ended up taking our used plates to the server area ourselves and our drinks were refilled only when we could track down our server and ask. What really irritated is that they added an 18% gratuity for this poor service. If it hadn't been Christmas, we would have asked that they remove the gratuity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service and limited menuYvonneDined on 12/14/2013Drink order took at least 15 minutes to be delivered to the table (had to ask 2 times for order). We did the buffet which was good except for dried out macaroni and cheese. Our waitress never cleared plates unless requested. The menu is extremely limited. This is unfortunate as it is a great place to dine prior to concerts at the Forum.Special Features:
- hotel eatingdinerDined on 12/14/2013Very disappointed by our first visit, we wanted a place to have a drink and small meal before the show at the Forum so we could walk. We were sat in a booth with glaring light with a "view" of the brightly lit "bar" area. Better tables were available but we were told we couldn't move. This is a hotel restaurant for breakfast dining and offers no ambience in the evening. The service was underwhelming as was the reception by the hostess. The food was "ok" and the menu appeared to be less than what was described online. It is described as a seafood restaurant?? The wine selection was sub par and the pour was off both times. We would never return.Special Features:
- doreendoreenDined on 11/28/2013Fabulous Thanksgiving Dinner, lovely views, delicious food, corteous staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencetfloridaDined on 11/28/2013Dined on Thanksgiving. The food was exceptional. Service was great. Price was great. Will be returning next Thanksgiving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in-hotel choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/19/2013Stopped in for a quick dinner, pre-theater. The place was empty but the ambiance very nice. Our server was attentive, the food was very good and we were out of there pretty quick. Ideal if you are staying at the hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before a concertOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013Location made it ideal for a bite before a concert at the TB Forum. Would I go there again? Yes but only before an event at the Forum but don't think I'd go for a special dinner. Too basic for a special dinner out. Menu, for dinner, had a lot of sandwiches. The grilled chicken and spinach salad was delicious and huge; my friend's turkey club was really big and she said it was good, (fries were on the cold side, though).Special Features:
- Slow ServiceFlorida3Dined on 11/1/2013Although seated immediately, the service was very slow. High traffic because of Buble's concert, but this should not have affected service to the point of only receiving 2 drinks/appetizer in an hour and still would have had to wait for our entree. Manager was kind enough to waive our drinks/appetizer bill as we had to leave. Will probably try it again on a different occasion.
- Limited menu selection, chickenMCMFLDined on 11/1/2013Limited menu selection, chicken breast on my Cesar was dry and bland. Convenient location for pre concert meal at Tampa Bay Times Forum
- Extremely Poor/Slow ServicerandygolfsDined on 11/1/2013We arrived for our 6:30 reservation and were promptly seated. We were not greeted by a server for a full 15 minutes UNTIL I called a waitress over to see who was supposed to be waiting on us. She went off to see who was assigned to our table and it took another 10 minutes for that waitress to show up, even though she was waiting on two other tables around us. Marriott's EXCUSE was that they were swamped by people going to the Michael Buble concert next door! UMMMM.........they have concerts there all the time, so my conclusion is that they don't properly staff the kitchen OR wait staff to accommodate what should be a known increase in business. I will NOT be back.