WaterScapes Restaurant at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
8121 Amalfi Place
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
WaterScapes Restaurant at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.waterscapesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8439132845
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 10:30am;
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Julien Lancrerot
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering menus are available for your event of up to 700p and are accessible at www.marinainnatgrandedunes.com/event_menus or for more information please contact our catering department at (843) 913-1333.
- Private Party Facilities: WaterScapes Restaurant offers several options for private dining as well as special events such as weddings, receptions, anniversaries and meetings. In addition to the WaterScapes Main Dining Room, there are several indoor and outdoor choices on-site that will accommodate up to 700.
- Private Party Contact: Andrea Childers 843-913-2834x
A word from WaterScapes Restaurant at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
Description: Executive Chef Julien Lancrerot would like to extend a personal invitation for you to experience a fresh alternative in sustainable "Farm to Table" dining at Waterscapes Restaurant. Chef Julien strives to be on the forefront of sustainability and utilizes every effort to ensure the products we serve are locally grown , as the seasons allow , and of the freshest quality possible. The seafood is hand-selected right off of the fishing boats in Murrells Inlet and from fisheries providing same day fresh delecacies , all the way through to the ever tender prime grass fed beefs , succulent farm raised pork, and mouth watering free-range chicken. Other favorites include golden seared diver scallop appetizers , seared parmesan romain salad, and house made purple cape bean hummus.Chef rounds out the menu with mouth watering desserts that change with the seasons to complete your culinary experience that is dining at Waterscapes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
WaterScapes Restaurant at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (7)fit for foodies (7)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (6)scenic view (4)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Farm to Table DeliciousnessFoodie483Dined on 7/26/2014Locally sourced food expertly prepared. The escargot small plate special was layered with complex flavors - a tasty treat in every bite. She Crab soup was layered with flavor. Carolina trout on a bed of mashed cauliflower also delicious. The pork chop large plate off the regular menu was absolutely amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The good, the bad and the deliciouseatssweets101Dined on 7/25/2014Good service. Not great, a little slow. But good enough. Bad atmosphere. Well, not bad exactly, but boring. But the food...amazing. Delicious. Memorable. And yummy enough that we would consider putting up with the service and atmosphere again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner for 2DaveDined on 7/25/2014Celebrating my wife's birthday with a quiet dinner for 2 at Waterscapes was very nice. Excellent and prompt service, very good wine, and a pleasant atmosphere. My wife loves the lobster mac and cheese, which is full of plump lobster chunks. I enjoyed the scallops which were prepared perfectly. Even though the menu says Bay Scallops, they are truly sea scallops, good sized, sweet and juicy. Quiet atmosphere, nice view of the pool. Overall an excellent dining experience. We have been before and will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre, pricey, won't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/7/2014The price points were mostly close and over $30 per entree. Salads and appetizers are $9-$12. The bread and goat cheese olive oil we excellent. The wine list was good and there were some reasonable $6 glasses available. The farm to table concept was a bit stretched, apps and entrees weren't impressive. Tomato/mozzarella/avocado app came with two dabs of avocado "sauce" and the tomatoes were bland. One person at our table sent their dish back (chewy lobster blamed on a cover they placed on the dish while the person was in the restroom), mine was over spiced shrimp and grits, another person with the scallops found their dish bland. One server for 4 tables And the hostess had the personality of a doorknob.
- Hidden gemDRJMMDined on 6/3/2014Returned once more to one of our favorite restaurants at the beach. The service was very attentive and the food was excellent.We all had appetizers that we enjoyed (mine was the she crab soup) followed by nicely presented entrees. We vote they keep the banana creme brule, as they are in the midst of a menue change--it was very good. Good news, it wasn't busy. Bad news, it wasn't busy. Always seems to have the place to ourselves. I do believe the location is certainly out of the way, but worth the extra effort to fin and enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice location, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014Food was great... Husband's fish portion was a bit small, but everything was tasty. Great crab cake / fried green tomato appetizere. We really loved the goat cheese/ olive oil dipping sauce for the bread. For the money, I would say just take it up a notch higher. Outdoor dining should have candles or torches. Pool noise was not bad, but did take away from the ambience a bit. Music and / or a water feature would help with this. Had the red velvet dessert... Nothing outstanding. Tasted fine, just not superior.Special Features:
- Good food for a tourist spotJLLfoodloverVIPDined on 5/17/2014Perfect food. The menu is creative. Waterscapes uses local ingredients whenever possible. You need to try this place if you appreciate great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine dining in n myrtle bchtinkVIPDined on 5/15/2014Knowledgeable waiter, locally sourced food. Food was presented well. Great to have fine dining in this area of chain and mediocre dining choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 123 reviews are from the WaterScapes Restaurant at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes reviews archive.
- Good Overall ExperienceChefMikeDined on 4/14/2014Service was very good. Karen the hostess was pleasant and accomidating. Our server was very attentive. Only negative comment when the food came out food runner auctioned it off. Appetizers we ordered the shrimp & pea risotto and crab cake both were very tasty and had a nice presentation. Risotto could have been seasoned a little more but still a very good dish. Entrees we ordered Shrimp & Grits and the Lobster Mac & Cheese. The Shrimp & Grits were delicious. The Lobster Mac & Cheese had plenty of lobster and orecchiette pasta but did not have much flavor and was very bland. The sauce was very thin and did not coat the pasta at all. For dessert we had a banana creme brulee with a toasted marshmallow that was really good.
- There was only one other pairMarkVIPDined on 4/6/2014There was only one other pair of diners in the restaurant but you could hear every word of their conversation no matter where we sat (and we asked to be relocated but it didn't help). On the whole the food tasted wonderful. One of our dishes was stripped bass -- the portion was so small it was a joke. $28 only got 2 very small pieces of fish. I left starving.
- Farm to TableuvamamDined on 4/5/2014Great locally sourced food. The service was excellent. The food was very good, but nit amazing. I had the local tripper fish- very fresh, but salty. We also had the pork chop, also really good but salty, and the lobster mac and cheese, which had a nice flavor but not much cheese. The best thing was the banana creme brûlée. Who knew that could be so good!! I think with minor changes, this place would be really move up. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Forgot the appetizerFurbyVIPDined on 4/1/2014Food was OK but they forgot the appetizer until after entree. They did comp the appetizer as an apology which was good. Service was sporadic even though there were only 2 other diners inside restaurant for lunch. They appeared more interested in getting ready for the group of 75 arriving for buffet lunch as we were finishing.
- 50-50CBJPDined on 3/29/2014My wife's salmon was very good as was her crab cakes. My Lobster bisque was watery and not much flavor - no evidence anywhere of lobster. My seared tuna was obviously frozen - the outside cooked portion was dry and the raw potion was tasteless and fell apart with very little urging. Felt that a restaurant on the coast should have had a much better piece of fish. The coffee was freshly made and flavorful. Kudos to the waitress who did not charge for the poor selections.
- Fine and farm freshMarineClaimDined on 3/28/2014Locally sourced food is a hallmark of this very good establishment. Shrimp and grits was an excellent dish as was very tender pork chops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Farm to Table in MBOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2014Outstanding grass fed beef, homemade breads and organic veggies, everything well made with delicious sauces nice alternative to all the industrial food establishments in Myrtle Beach.Special Features:
- REAL food with Real FlavoursBluewolfmoonDined on 3/10/2014This was such a welcome change from most American restaurants where the food often tastes bland and many of the ingredients are unidentifiable as ever having been grown or raised. They truly do use farm fresh stock and you can taste the difference that makes to the food. The waiter (Brian) was amazing. Torn between the lobster mac & cheese and the Shrimp Grits, he asked a few questions and recommended the shrimp grits as being the more comfort food despite what one might think. WOW! WOW! WOW! This dish was hearty and tasty with a little kick of spice. The flavours all complimented one another perfectly. Had I been staying longer, this restaurant would've been my repeat star each evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new chefFauchereLoverVIPDined on 3/1/2014Big improvement over last year. Innovative combinations and presentations. Beautiful salad: a fountain of almost black tipped pale green lettuce leaves "growing" out of two stacked rings of airy bread fried to crouton like crispness. Citrus dressing, sliced asparagus, tomato cubes. Imaginative presentation of chicken, crispy blackened skin, mushrooms and gnocchi. A visit by the chef. Desserts still need some work. Breakfast of bananas foster French toast is come-back good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dishes!LindylouDined on 2/16/2014On a very quiet Sunday evening with only one other couple in the whole restaurant my husband and I had one of the most outstanding dinners in years. Everything was beautifully presented,the flavors outstanding. A great deal of time and effort had been spent in preparing our food and each dish was an explosion of flavors. Portion size for us was perfect but may seem small to some. Would highly recommend the Waterscape to all .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Dining Away from it allBrookeDined on 2/14/2014We decided to try this resturant while on a trip. We found it nice and quaint. The food was good and the service was great.Special Features:
- We dined on Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2014We dined on Valentines Day and they seemed to have a number of miscues from choosing a table to seat us at to getting confused and mixing up the delivery of the right temperature steaks - delivered to right table but wrong diner -easily fixable. Food was good but not outstanding as expected. i would blame it on the Valentines rush but restaurant was only 2/3rds full. It almost seemed like a lot of the staff were working their first day.Special Features:
- Valentines day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Was recommended by friend, Food was awesome, service friendly but a bit slow considering half the restaurant was empty, waiter had an opportunity to sell me more wine but was never available (Glass sat empty most of the evening). Not a romantic setting, very open, wall booth style seating with no privacy at all. virtually sitting a foot away from a couple next to us with nothing dividing the tables. I'm sure they enjoyed our conversation. Blatantly visible stains on the chairs. For the price they're charging you would expect more. Really wanted this one to work but to no avail...Special Features:
- Presentation was great . FoodRayRayDined on 2/14/2014Presentation was great . Food was a different matterSpecial Features:
- Great experienceTomandAnnaDined on 2/10/2014We were in town for just a couple of days at included my wife's birthday, this restaurant had mostly great reviews on trip advisor. I thought why not? It was great the service provide to us by our server Brian was just as outstanding as was our dinner, an overall great experienceSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experience!NickandHollyDined on 1/18/2014My husband and I were staying at the Inn for the weekend and decided to try the restaurant. I am something of a steak and wine snob, but the entire experience far surpassed my expectations! The server was very knowledgable of the extensive wine list and made recommendations that were perfect for my husband and I. The beef tenderloin was so tender I could practically cut it with my fork! I highly recommend anyone in the area or staying at this hotel try this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerGeorgeDined on 1/18/2014We brought two other couples with us for my wife's birthday - it was one of her most memorial dinners - our guest and us could not stop talking about the evening as one of the best in a long time - definitely plan to come back ---soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine food diningKenWDined on 1/17/2014In an area where every restaurant claims to be the best this restaurant stands out. Food was well prepared, well presented and full of flavour. Service was excellent. We are not usually fans of hotel restaurant but this one is different. Very relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveCE185Dined on 12/31/2013A group of us (all first timers) were pleased with the quiet sophisticated dining experience. All of the selections on our fixed price menu were deemed delicious and everyone agreed that this was a place worth another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 course dinnerMayu8Dined on 12/31/2013The restaurant was not busy, yet we have to wait for a while. We do not drink. It seems they were more attentive to the customers that order wine. The food portions were very small. The best course was the dessert. It was served in a chocolate cup. A special mini spoon would have made better to enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good with a few glichesWelltraveledfoodieVIPDined on 12/29/2013This was our first experience at WaterScapes and we will eat here again. The food was very good. We had the pimento cheese, bacon jam appetizer and it was outstanding. The grouper and beef tenderloin were both wonderful also. We did eat here on a Sunday evening during low season at Myrtle Beach and there were only two waiters working the entire restaurant which includes seating diners, bartending and serving. Both appeared to be doing their best to keep up but the restaurant was just understaffed. Hopefully, the next time we get to eat at WaterScapes, it will be better staffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals at the beachEatin4funDined on 12/25/2013This was one of the best meals we have had at the beach in a long time. We walked away with a very satisfied palette rather then an overfilled stomach. The service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinner !LT88Dined on 12/24/2013There are a lot of dining choices in Myrtle Beach and this one is quickly becoming one of our favorites. Farm to table fresh local foods the are cooked perfectly. Hostess treats you like family, waitstaff attentive and food is out of this world. highly recommend this restaurant. We come to Myrtle Beach often and only wish we had found it sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!LuvMBDined on 11/11/2013We went for a birthday dinner with another couple and it was all good. This was our second time dining at Waterscapes and both times the food has been outstanding. The service was also excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. The specials were duck and redfish and both were greatly enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/11/2013Our server was very attentive & helpful, while the food selection was unique & well preparedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional MealJEM02882VIPDined on 11/5/2013Started the meal with a surprisingly wonderful bread basket. Both meals were exceptional. Ordered the pork chop and the tenderloin and both were very tender and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice of wine by theLululeDined on 10/27/2013Good choice of wine by the glass at reasonable prices. Food was very tasty but not warm enough. Excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need More ServersGolfNutDined on 10/19/2013Excellent resturant. However, only one server working on a Saturday night made for somewhat slow service. He did a pretty good job but could have used some help.Special Features:
- Great food and made freshSteveDined on 10/14/2013Fresh is very important. This is an out of the way location. Many places would be less expensive but service and quality would not be there. I eat for the expirence and eating chef created foods. This place will not disappoint you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always NiceStepDined on 9/22/2013Our experience here is always nice, no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodStepDined on 9/20/2013We have eaten at WaterScapes several times the food and atmosphere is always good.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in Myrtle Beach!jlmc2013Dined on 9/7/2013We choose this restaurant because of its high rating by the South Carolina Sustainable Seafood Initiative. Myrtle Beach is seriously lacking in responsible dining options. My wife and I were basically resigned to setting aside our moral convictions about food for our vacation when we found this place. Pasture-raised meats and sustainable fish! This would have won us over alone, but the food and atmosphere were unbelievable. We have not encountered anything like this in Myrtle Beach. Homemade breads, kind and attentive servers, quiet and relaxed atmosphere, unique food presentations, and the deserts! The prices were very reasonable for what we received: an appetizer, two entrees, and desert for $67. So happy we found this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.