4-01 44th Dr.
Long Island City, NY 11101Neighborhood:
Long Island City
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.watersedgenyc.com/
- Phone: (718) 482-0033
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: Lunch 12:00-3:00pm Monday - Friday Dinner: 5:00-11:00pm Saturday Lunch, 12:00-3:00pm Dinner, 5:00-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dave Salony
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: All cuisines.
- Private Party Facilities: Sparkling chandeliers and panoramic views of Manhattan make this venue impressive to all who visit. Amenities include balcony, bride's room, glass elevator, Party Yachts. Full service includes everything needed for your occasion including china, linens, event planning services, full time chefs and waiters. Please call for an appointment and tour.
- Private Party Contact: Banquet Office 7184820033x
- Entertainment: Piano player on Friday's and saturday's
- Special Events: Special Events are available in our upper level Ballroom as well as within the Restaurant for 10 to 350 guests. Off premise catering is also available for your home, office or unique space.
A word from Water's Edge
We offer spectacular panoramic views of the New York City Skyline, world-class decor and renowned cuisine. Our landmark venue sits upon the East River leaving the breathtaking views etched into your memory. The combination of superb cuisine & unparalleled service is sure to impress even the most discerning of guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Water's Edge - Best Restaurants in Long Island City ›
Water's Edge reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (102)romantic (87)special occasion (82)great for outdoor dining (60)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (26)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (20)great for lunch (16)great for brunch (12)hot spot (11)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Waters edgeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Food was too pricey. Portions were tiny, especially the desert. The view was beautiful and the service was good. The food was also good. However it was not worth the money.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningLove2eatDined on 11/22/2014This is the second time dining at Water's Edge and it again did not disappoint. It was exceptionally busy (a good thing!) and we had a short wait for our table. As we were headed to the bar for a drink, the maître d came over and told us he had a table for 2 by the window. It was a beautiful clear night and you could see every beautiful lit building throughout the Manhattan skyline. We were quickly met by our server. We ordered a bottle of wine and were given time to peruse the menu. We shared the arugula and buratta salad and the tuna tartare to start. The salad was fresh and the cheese delicious. The tuna was served on a small mound of guacamole which was a nice touch. We followed with entrees of lobster risotto and the duck entree served with spinach and a croquette. Both were beautifully presented and good portions. For dessert we shared the Mille feuile which was delightful. All in all a wonderful dinner with a great view! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breathtaking View!FoodieVIPDined on 11/22/2014I was asked to wait at the bar for 15 minutes when I arrived which did not sit well. The front staff was rather curt and unfriendly. Our server was v ery nice and accommodating. Food was very good and expensive. It is a nice place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/22/2014Never Disappoints. Great food, preparation, views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectanp13Dined on 11/21/2014What a great night! The room is lovely and the food exceeded expectations. The service in the dining room was excellent... I would have given five starts for Overall if not for the disappointing start to the evening at the bar. They need a bartender up to the same standard as the server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent views of the East Side of ManhattanAresnycVIPDined on 11/14/2014What you will notice at first are the breathtaking views of the East Side of Manhattan - make sure to get a table by the window or outside if the weather is warm. That is definitely the main attraction. The food was overall very good. We shared the gnocchi with mushrooms to start which was a little light on the gnocchi but delicious. The skirt steak was delicious and somehow superior to the New York sirloin( and thirteen dollars cheaper!). We shared the truffle fries which I would also recommend. It somehow feels like a suburban restaurant although it is smack in the middle of industrial Long Island City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They triedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014Water's Edge has a fantastic view of the Manhattan skyline, really remarkable. Unfortunately, Water's Edge doesn't really capitalize on it. Instead of using the view, and prime, on the river location, as an inspiration for their food, they just did the best impression of a fancy restaurant. Don't get me wrong here, nothing is bad. But nothing is great either, it's just okay. The menu felt like its meant to impress someone who's visiting from out of town, not challenge. If you live in Astoria, or LIC, and your parents are visiting from Nebraska, then take them, they will love it. If you're looking for a truly great meal, then you'll have to keep moving along the river for it.Special Features:
- 1st time to NYCderrybobDined on 11/12/2014Food was very good and the view of the city skyline at night was wonderful. I think the next time we go we'll go in warmer weather so we can sit in the outside patioSpecial Features:
- NYC BeautyScrappyfoodieDined on 11/8/2014I've been here several times and I'm always amazed at how beautiful the NYC skyline is. Excellent choice for a romantic nite out with your "honey".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SecretJuanVIPDined on 11/5/2014Gorgeous View and Food. Very complete Wine list and appetizers.Special Features:
- Great special occasion place !!!MBellDined on 11/4/2014This place is awesome !! Very elegant and sleek and right in the waterfront !! Can't to go back when the warm weather rolls around ! Spectacular views of the the big city !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place, okay foodKathypDined on 11/1/2014The view and setting of Water's Edge is fantastic, our server was wonderfully attentive, and we enjoyed the piano music. Our steaks, however, were not the quality I expected. Although cooked to the right temperature, the meat was a bit tough and tasteless. Not what you would expect from a high-end restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceOmarandEdnaDined on 10/28/2014We couldn't have had a better to celebrate my wife's birthday. The view, the ambience, the food, the service, all perfect. We were so content and look forward to coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Waters Edge4dinersDined on 10/24/2014I had a very good experience here a while ago. This time, the restaurant advertised a price fixe lunch menu when we made our reservation, we were told at the restaurant that this menu had been discontinued several days earlier. It didn't much matter to us since the a la carte menu looked excellent. However, one of us ordered a glass of the house white wine before lunch - it was served in a generic wine glass, and had to be returned since it was very much "off". We did subsequently order a very nice bottle with our lunch (with elegant glasses) and were very satisfied. Food was good to mediocre, definitely not memorable, especially for the price. Very few tables,if any, were filled during our 3 hours there - perhaps word has gotten outSpecial Features:
- Best place everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014They were very nice people and the servers were very attentive. Excellent food and service. The view is amazing. Really great for special occasions dates and romantic outings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stingDined on 10/18/2014since my first visit back in 1995 i have seen a decline in the quality of the restaurant. I remember the first time i visited i was in shirt and tie and would not be seated without a jacket. This last vist i ovserved people in extreemy casual attire sneakers t-shirts. The entree was absolutley delicious,however my sides arived late my ring tower was served as a lump in a bowl and was so oily it was ineadable.Special Features:
- ezasVIPDined on 10/18/2014Fof and service great. I wasn't happy with the tax chatrged on the full amount of Living Social coupon.Special Features:
- Something to DiscoverKiwivdaDined on 10/16/2014I saw this restaurant in a series called Person of Interest (final scene ep.3 season 3), I was attracted by the view on the skyline of Manhattan, but then I found also that everything is good not only the view. Thanks.Special Features:
- amazing viewzaza980Dined on 10/11/2014Splendid view. ambiance and decor 5 stars. However, we expected 20 minutes for our bottle of wine and no less than 45 minutes for the soup .... I requested my steak medium well and it came red. My husband and I enjoyed the restaurant in general, but not the service. The server does not know really looked after us .... maybe because of our young age and the fact that we were tourists ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- almost perfectelvisDined on 10/6/2014Stunning view, service more than perfect, very good food but could be more in quantity, enough high price but ok if you count the ambient and the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/3/2014The view was amazing! The food was good...not great...good. The highlight for me was Roasted Beet Salad and the bread service. I felt that our table lost the attention of our server when he learned we had a Living Social voucher. That was unfortunate.Special Features:
- Fantastic in a word!LOVE2DINEDined on 10/2/2014This is a great place for a romantic dinner or any other special occassion. You don't even need an occassion. The food is great, the view is fantastic, and the service is everything you expect in fine dinning. Samantha and Kelly are just two of the greats that work there. We had a most pleasurable experience with them as our waitresses. We highly recommend this place to anyone that enjoys good food, service and a great view!Special Features:
- Disappointed at Water's EdgeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2014We had the unfortunate experience of trying Water's Edge restaurant in Long Island City, NY. You know it is bad, when the restaurant offers you free drinks at the end of the night, and you pass, because you just want to leave. There was not really any redeeming aspect to the dining experience - neither food, service nor ambiance was good.
- Nice staffgonzoDined on 9/26/2014The staff was very nice. They stopped by to check up on you enough times not to bother you during your dining experience. The view is excellent. The wontons are delicious and the steak melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!MrsCatesDined on 9/26/2014I didn't know what to expect but the pictures on the website doesn't do justice. I was fortunate to find a deal on living social. I took my wife for her birthday and we were completely WOW`d! Everything from the view, to the service and the food was outstanding! We watched the sunset and in the evening they turned the firepits on. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful restaurantProllyAteYourLeftoversDined on 9/20/2014Food took a while because they were hosting a wedding on the upper floor, so they comp'd us dessert (Get the blueberry glass. Delicious). Dinner was tasty, and the scenery was perfect. Sit outside, enjoy the heated ambiance and have done good eats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!!KCP30Dined on 9/20/2014I took my fiancé here for his birthday and it was an amazing experience. The food was excellent and the portion sizes were perfect! The fillet Mignon is a must try! In general all of the food we ordered was well prepared and I really liked our waiter! We went on a Saturday night which had live piano entertainment. It was such a great and romantic experience. We will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- spectacularpeterramsamDined on 9/20/2014Love it would definitely come again food was delicious and tasty the views of the city skyline was spectacular and romantic the wine was was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedRayKDined on 9/15/2014After some research we decided to take our daughter for lunch on her 30th birthday. We couldn't have been more pleased. The sun was shining so we ate outdoors facing the NYC skyline - spectacular! We had the seafood appetizer for four followed by the pre fixe lunch. The appetizer was a good sized sampling of jumbo shrimp, lobster, oysters, clams and mussels all very fresh and tasty. The pre fixe lunch menu was varied and again delicious. What mad the afternoon was the service. The waiter was polished, friendly and kept us posted as to the status of our meal. We ordered wine and when it came he respectively suggested one slightly more expensive that "was considerably better" - it was. All in all a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, great ambiance/serviceNainaDined on 9/12/2014This was my 3rd time at Water's Edge this summer. Sat at an outside table. Its the place to go in LIC if you want a beautiful view, friendly staff, good food and great ambiance. Nice!!Special Features:
- romantic dinner w/ great skylinepdpgerberDined on 9/12/2014Dinner itself was delicious, the scenic views of the skyline of NYC was amazing at sunset... There were a couple of ducks in the Hudson below that you can feed with the breadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful from start to finishCathyHillVIPDined on 9/11/2014This is a restaurant for special occasions. Wonderful view of NYC skyline. Elegant venue attentive service. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but go for the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/5/2014View was great. A great hidden find. Food was good, but nothing to rave about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014great and service was the best my family loved the pleaceI would recommend this to a friend.
- CrombieVIPDined on 9/5/2014The wait staff was exceptionally pleasant, and the food was good, as ever. However, we came for lunch, because dinner prices are beyond our ability to pay. Lunch went up A LOT. We may have to wait for restaurant week to return. I am sorry about that, but we can only do so much.Special Features:
- It was great to dine hereannmarieVIPDined on 9/3/2014I really love this restaurant and the view is to die for. I would recommend this highlySpecial Features:
- Great like alwaysKimPDined on 9/1/2014Waters edge has always had great food and service. The view is great. Love going there for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous ExperienceSouthernBellDined on 8/30/2014My friend and I visited NYC (my first time there) and chose Water's Edge as our one Fancy Dinner night. We wanted to dine somewhere with a beautiful view and let me tell you, this place exceeded our expectations! We were seated outside with a beautiful view of the Queensboro Bridge and the beautiful city skyline. We were served delicious fresh bread (right out of the oven). We each ordered the filet mignon (which was FANTASTIC) and ordered the crème brûlée for desert. After dinner, the hostess arranged for a Taxi to pick us up. I could go on and on about our experience and all the tiny details that made this dinner so very special. You must go and experience this place for yourself!Special Features:
- Can't beat the view or the foodNevinoBrunoDined on 8/26/2014Water's Edge offers one of the great views of the Manhattan skyline, and the food is also excellent (as is the service). Portions were a bit small in relation to price, however. Rather surprising that there were very few people at the restaurant for weekday lunch, although it is much busier at dinnertime. Try to get a table on the outside deck which is right on the East River; the view is truly extraordinary. The neighborhood looks a bit rough at first, and the restaurant entrance is not as well marked as it might be.Special Features:
- Tourist trap with a viewPopsDined on 8/23/2014Abysmal service standards, so recognised by the staff that one even said "well this will be a memorable experience because of bad service then". Food is poor at best, surf and turf has no taste and they mixed the other orders. Overpriced (400 USD for 4 with only 2 glasses of wine). So don't waste your time and money. Get yourself a lobster roll on a ferry after dark for a far better experience.Special Features: