4-01 44th Dr.
Long Island City, NY 11101Neighborhood:
Long Island City
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.watersedgenyc.com/
- Phone: 7184820033x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: Lunch 12:00-3:00pm Monday - Saturday Dinner: 5:30-11:00pm Closed Sundays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dave Salony
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: All cuisines.
- Private Party Facilities: Sparkling chandeliers and panoramic views of Manhattan make this venue impressive to all who visit. Amenities include balcony, bride's room, glass elevator, Party Yachts. Full service includes everything needed for your occasion including china, linens, event planning services, full time chefs and waiters. Please call for an appointment and tour.
- Private Party Contact: Banquet Office 7184820033x
- Entertainment: Piano player on Friday's and saturday's
- Special Events: Special Events are available in our upper level Ballroom as well as within the Restaurant for 10 to 350 guests. Off premise catering is also available for your home, office or unique space.
A word from Water's Edge
We offer spectacular panoramic views of the New York City Skyline, world-class decor and renowned cuisine. Our landmark venue sits upon the East River leaving the breathtaking views etched into your memory. The combination of superb cuisine & unparalleled service is sure to impress even the most discerning of guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Water's Edge - Best Restaurants in Long Island City ›
Water's Edge reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (109)romantic (91)special occasion (86)great for outdoor dining (86)notable wine list (25)neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (23)great for lunch (23)great for brunch (19)late-night find (12)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Highly RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014After some research we decided to take our daughter for lunch on her 30th birthday. We couldn't have been more pleased. The sun was shining so we ate outdoors facing the NYC skyline - spectacular! We had the seafood appetizer for four followed by the pre fixe lunch. The appetizer was a good sized sampling of jumbo shrimp, lobster, oysters, clams and mussels all very fresh and tasty. The pre fixe lunch menu was varied and again delicious. What mad the afternoon was the service. The waiter was polished, friendly and kept us posted as to the status of our meal. We ordered wine and when it came he respectively suggested one slightly more expensive that "was considerably better" - it was. All in all a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, great ambiance/serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014This was my 3rd time at Water's Edge this summer. Sat at an outside table. Its the place to go in LIC if you want a beautiful view, friendly staff, good food and great ambiance. Nice!!Special Features:
- romantic dinner w/ great skylinepdpgerberDined on 9/12/2014Dinner itself was delicious, the scenic views of the skyline of NYC was amazing at sunset... There were a couple of ducks in the Hudson below that you can feed with the breadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but go for the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/5/2014View was great. A great hidden find. Food was good, but nothing to rave about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014great and service was the best my family loved the pleaceI would recommend this to a friend.
- CrombieVIPDined on 9/5/2014The wait staff was exceptionally pleasant, and the food was good, as ever. However, we came for lunch, because dinner prices are beyond our ability to pay. Lunch went up A LOT. We may have to wait for restaurant week to return. I am sorry about that, but we can only do so much.Special Features:
- It was great to dine hereannmarieVIPDined on 9/3/2014I really love this restaurant and the view is to die for. I would recommend this highlySpecial Features:
- Great like alwaysKimPDined on 9/1/2014Waters edge has always had great food and service. The view is great. Love going there for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous ExperienceSouthernBellDined on 8/30/2014My friend and I visited NYC (my first time there) and chose Water's Edge as our one Fancy Dinner night. We wanted to dine somewhere with a beautiful view and let me tell you, this place exceeded our expectations! We were seated outside with a beautiful view of the Queensboro Bridge and the beautiful city skyline. We were served delicious fresh bread (right out of the oven). We each ordered the filet mignon (which was FANTASTIC) and ordered the crème brûlée for desert. After dinner, the hostess arranged for a Taxi to pick us up. I could go on and on about our experience and all the tiny details that made this dinner so very special. You must go and experience this place for yourself!Special Features:
- Can't beat the view or the foodNevinoBrunoDined on 8/26/2014Water's Edge offers one of the great views of the Manhattan skyline, and the food is also excellent (as is the service). Portions were a bit small in relation to price, however. Rather surprising that there were very few people at the restaurant for weekday lunch, although it is much busier at dinnertime. Try to get a table on the outside deck which is right on the East River; the view is truly extraordinary. The neighborhood looks a bit rough at first, and the restaurant entrance is not as well marked as it might be.Special Features:
- Tourist trap with a viewPopsDined on 8/23/2014Abysmal service standards, so recognised by the staff that one even said "well this will be a memorable experience because of bad service then". Food is poor at best, surf and turf has no taste and they mixed the other orders. Overpriced (400 USD for 4 with only 2 glasses of wine). So don't waste your time and money. Get yourself a lobster roll on a ferry after dark for a far better experience.Special Features:
- great atmosphere and gorgeous viewpetermDined on 8/18/2014Server was very informative on the wine list. The view was awesome. Definitely great for a romantic night out. I just wish the scallop appetizer came with more scallops haha but other than that, food was very good, but the view in itself is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- apathetic staff and so so foodDutchGourmandDined on 8/18/2014Bad experience. Tables outside weren't set. The wait was 30 minutes for the first glass of water. Busgirl was totally oblivious and could not manage to give me the network code either. Arrogant and indifferent waiter. The price for the pre fixed lunch was $28 instead of $16 and $21 (this is what their website still says). The waiter shrugged when I made a remark about that. When the blue crab salad arrived, the watercress flew into the East River. The waiter shrugged again. It had the size of an amuse bouche and had hardly any crab in it. Main course: the chicken tasted dry and the sauce was hard to find and had partly dried out as well. I felt really shafted. Next time I will enjoy the free view down the road and have lunch at Vernon Blvd.
- The view is the highlightGWYNYCDined on 8/16/2014The hostess was confused upon our arrival and would not sit us (we came 15 min early) then decided to sit us after all, but in the outside lounge (?) and then a more capable person came and said we could remain there for our dinner. The food was disappointing, they managed to make both the duck and lamb too dry and chewy but the view made up for it. We won't be back, because the food does not justify the price, but it was a nice experience.Special Features:
- Excellent First Experienceckc426Dined on 8/15/2014Little treasure tucked away at the edge of LIC, who knows? Food was great, especially the cold seafood platter, some of the freshest clams, oysters, and shrimp cocktails I've ever had in NYC. View of the Manhattan skyline was a plus. Definitely will come back again!Special Features:
- Romantic and Great sceneryOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2014It was a perfect setting for our 5th wedding anniversary, great food and great service! Definitely heading back.Special Features:
- Laurel and Hardy do fine diningaffameeDined on 8/15/20142 stars. the view & the weather. Our outdoor reserved table for 2 was a round table for 6. Tap water was tepid ( no ice) waited 45 min. for appetizer. No bread. Waiter ignored us. Went inside to request. Main dish arrived appetizer dishes not cleared-same with desserts ( only really good thing ) A hostess served a roll mid main dish. Someone else brought butter. Did not ask whether we wanted tea or coffee for dessert. Felt like the kitchen and service staff had left "en masse". restaurant week menu had a "20% administrative fee". I told the waiter this was not legal. Bill arrived with "20% auto-gratuity".Having eaten a good no. of times and always been pleased with service and food, I was dismayed to ruin my guest's birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Charming Waterfront restaurantRashipomeloDined on 8/14/2014We dined here during restaurant week for our anniversary. The staff was very friendly and responsive, and made great wine suggestions. The food was delicious -cooked perfectly and with fairly large portions. This place is literally on the water's edge so you have gorgeous views of manhattan, the river, and the bridges. I would suggest coming around twilight-the city actually looks most beautiful then. We will definitely bring out-of-towners here for dessert and drinks and would come back for another special occasion, as it is a little pricey -the entrees that we would choose regularly range from 35-$50. Enjoy!Special Features:
- FabulousAlciritaDined on 8/13/2014This was my 2nd time. I enjoyed very much. Food was excellent. The view is beautiful. Greta for brunch and dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantELLIOTTVIPDined on 8/8/2014The food and the atmosphere were excellent. We ate outside overlooking Manhattan it was so romanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing viewShalragDined on 8/7/2014View is absolutely gorgeous overlooking Manhattan. Great ambience for dinner with city lights. Very romantic. Service was excellent. Very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- watersedgerestseekerDined on 8/7/2014Scenic and romantic with tasty dishes and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealJohnnyDined on 8/7/2014Once again, the meal, service and atmosphere were all excellent!!!Special Features:
- Go for view, not food.HubandWifeFoodiesDined on 8/7/2014Waiters on three occasions either brought our food to a different table, or tried bringing food to our table that belonged elsewhere. Our waiter never came to check on us. Just to clear courses. Food itself was bland, under seasoned. Was asked if we wanted more bread - we said yes - never got it. It probably went to a different table. Very pretty place, but very poor food and service.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant Week findSteve633Dined on 8/6/2014Lovely 3-course meal, friendly service and an amazing view of Manhattan. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findTheprincefanDined on 8/6/2014This place was amazing, great food and maybe the best views this lifelong New Yorker has ever seen in this city. Off the beaten path but well worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst ever!tweetDined on 8/2/2014It was our 10 year anniversary and I wanted something special. Our waitress we hardly seen her and the waiter that brought our food rolled his eyes at my wife because a well done steak kept coming out rare and it was sent back twice our moment was ruined and just wanted to go home.
- AwesomeNathydDined on 8/1/2014We went on a Friday night for Restaurant week. The restaurant is absolutely beautiful, there was live piano music and the view is like no other. Our waiter was helpful and very friendly. Overall a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restuarant with a viewDonnaDined on 8/1/2014We had a great table with a view of the Manhhatan skyline. Nice place to start your weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG! OutstandingFlygirlDined on 7/31/2014The ambiance was fantastic. The staff was attentive and went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect. The food was excellent It happened to be Restaurant Week so we decided on the Price Fix Menu. The choice of entrees would please any type of appetite. I didn't pick the restaurant because it was Restaurant Week but because I was looking for romantic water view restaurant and the Water's Edge surpassed my expectations!Special Features:
- Great food- not so great serviceSimbaDined on 7/30/2014The food was delicious although they were out of the lamb which is specifically why I came to this establishment. My date and I waited almost an hour for bread and water and we had to wait a very long time for our entrees as well. Our waiter told us that he thought someone else had brought us our bread and drinks. He told us that he would make it up to us with discount waivers for drinks on our next visit. We never received anything from him. Great food, Amazing view, romantic setting, horrible service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!limpmatieDined on 7/30/2014This was my third time there, always during Restaurant Week and the food and service has never disappointed. The food was delicious and the portion size generous. Their desserts are so decadent, they are always the perfect to end a fantastic meal.Special Features:
- Room With a ViewPuginthesandDined on 7/30/2014I went out for dinner during restaurant week with a few friends. We sat outside and enjoyed dinner with a beautiful view, good service and excellent food. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others and I will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Manhattan SkylinePeterDined on 7/25/2014This place is a wonderful spot! Great dining experience, very european! Highly recommended! Very friendly staff, cuisine is absolute perfect! We would definitely return when we're back in NYC!Special Features:
- Great viewAkaharryDined on 7/25/2014The must place for the view. The food is ok. Service is good. Get there before sundown to watch the sunset over the city and the lights turn onSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View and Tastepinky11Dined on 7/25/2014Slow cooked short Rib was excellent! The view of the restaurant was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014Service was great and staff was extremely attentive to the table needs.Special Features:
- Awesome ViewsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Don't be fooled by the industrial street leading down to your destination, or the appearance of the structure. The views from Water's Edge are incredible. Try to get there for sunset, as you will be able to see the sun disappear behind Manhattan's skyline. The food was good ... fresh, but pretty mainstream. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ViewJezzDined on 7/22/2014The view of Manhattan is incredible whilst dining The food is well presented and tasted ok Service was generally friendly by the majority of the staff who are a nice bunch although would have thought been more attentive for the price we were paying But all in all a great experience and worth it for the fantastic view that you getSpecial Features:
- Amazing views and cozy place.tamosDined on 7/22/2014Amazing views and cozy place. Half an hour after the entree the waiter forgot the main course and asked us for the dessert. Then it took him another half an hour to get our dishes only to tell.us what was going on in the las 5 minutes. The food was very good and so it was the ambience. Perhaps it was a bad chance but the truth is that we waited for an hour and nobody took responsability of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.