4-01 44th Dr.
Long Island City, NY 11101Neighborhood:
Long Island City
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.watersedgenyc.com/
- Phone: 7184820033x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: Lunch 12:00-3:00pm Monday - Saturday Dinner: 5:30-11:00pm Closed Sundays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dave Salony
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: All cuisines.
- Private Party Facilities: Sparkling chandeliers and panoramic views of Manhattan make this venue impressive to all who visit. Amenities include balcony, bride's room, glass elevator, Party Yachts. Full service includes everything needed for your occasion including china, linens, event planning services, full time chefs and waiters. Please call for an appointment and tour.
- Private Party Contact: Banquet Office 7184820033x
- Entertainment: Piano player on Friday's and saturday's
- Special Events: Special Events are available in our upper level Ballroom as well as within the Restaurant for 10 to 350 guests. Off premise catering is also available for your home, office or unique space.
A word from Water's Edge
We offer spectacular panoramic views of the New York City Skyline, world-class decor and renowned cuisine. Our landmark venue sits upon the East River leaving the breathtaking views etched into your memory. The combination of superb cuisine & unparalleled service is sure to impress even the most discerning of guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Water's Edge - Best Restaurants in Long Island City ›
Water's Edge reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (100)romantic (85)great for outdoor dining (81)special occasion (77)notable wine list (24)good for groups (22)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (19)great for brunch (18)great for lunch (18)late-night find (14)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Tourist trap with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Abysmal service standards, so recognised by the staff that one even said "well this will be a memorable experience because of bad service then". Food is poor at best, surf and turf has no taste and they mixed the other orders. Overpriced (400 USD for 4 with only 2 glasses of wine). So don't waste your time and money. Get yourself a lobster roll on a ferry after dark for a far better experience.Special Features:
- great atmosphere and gorgeous viewpetermDined on 8/18/2014Server was very informative on the wine list. The view was awesome. Definitely great for a romantic night out. I just wish the scallop appetizer came with more scallops haha but other than that, food was very good, but the view in itself is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- apathetic staff and so so foodDutchGourmandDined on 8/18/2014Bad experience. Tables outside weren't set. The wait was 30 minutes for the first glass of water. Busgirl was totally oblivious and could not manage to give me the network code either. Arrogant and indifferent waiter. The price for the pre fixed lunch was $28 instead of $16 and $21 (this is what their website still says). The waiter shrugged when I made a remark about that. When the blue crab salad arrived, the watercress flew into the East River. The waiter shrugged again. It had the size of an amuse bouche and had hardly any crab in it. Main course: the chicken tasted dry and the sauce was hard to find and had partly dried out as well. I felt really shafted. Next time I will enjoy the free view down the road and have lunch at Vernon Blvd.
- The view is the highlightGWYNYCDined on 8/16/2014The hostess was confused upon our arrival and would not sit us (we came 15 min early) then decided to sit us after all, but in the outside lounge (?) and then a more capable person came and said we could remain there for our dinner. The food was disappointing, they managed to make both the duck and lamb too dry and chewy but the view made up for it. We won't be back, because the food does not justify the price, but it was a nice experience.Special Features:
- Excellent First Experienceckc426Dined on 8/15/2014Little treasure tucked away at the edge of LIC, who knows? Food was great, especially the cold seafood platter, some of the freshest clams, oysters, and shrimp cocktails I've ever had in NYC. View of the Manhattan skyline was a plus. Definitely will come back again!Special Features:
- Laurel and Hardy do fine diningaffameeDined on 8/15/20142 stars. the view & the weather. Our outdoor reserved table for 2 was a round table for 6. Tap water was tepid ( no ice) waited 45 min. for appetizer. No bread. Waiter ignored us. Went inside to request. Main dish arrived appetizer dishes not cleared-same with desserts ( only really good thing ) A hostess served a roll mid main dish. Someone else brought butter. Did not ask whether we wanted tea or coffee for dessert. Felt like the kitchen and service staff had left "en masse". restaurant week menu had a "20% administrative fee". I told the waiter this was not legal. Bill arrived with "20% auto-gratuity".Having eaten a good no. of times and always been pleased with service and food, I was dismayed to ruin my guest's birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Charming Waterfront restaurantRashipomeloDined on 8/14/2014We dined here during restaurant week for our anniversary. The staff was very friendly and responsive, and made great wine suggestions. The food was delicious -cooked perfectly and with fairly large portions. This place is literally on the water's edge so you have gorgeous views of manhattan, the river, and the bridges. I would suggest coming around twilight-the city actually looks most beautiful then. We will definitely bring out-of-towners here for dessert and drinks and would come back for another special occasion, as it is a little pricey -the entrees that we would choose regularly range from 35-$50. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantELLIOTTVIPDined on 8/8/2014The food and the atmosphere were excellent. We ate outside overlooking Manhattan it was so romanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing viewShalragDined on 8/7/2014View is absolutely gorgeous overlooking Manhattan. Great ambience for dinner with city lights. Very romantic. Service was excellent. Very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- watersedgerestseekerDined on 8/7/2014Scenic and romantic with tasty dishes and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealJohnnyDined on 8/7/2014Once again, the meal, service and atmosphere were all excellent!!!Special Features:
- Go for view, not food.HubandWifeFoodiesDined on 8/7/2014Waiters on three occasions either brought our food to a different table, or tried bringing food to our table that belonged elsewhere. Our waiter never came to check on us. Just to clear courses. Food itself was bland, under seasoned. Was asked if we wanted more bread - we said yes - never got it. It probably went to a different table. Very pretty place, but very poor food and service.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant Week findSteve633Dined on 8/6/2014Lovely 3-course meal, friendly service and an amazing view of Manhattan. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findTheprincefanDined on 8/6/2014This place was amazing, great food and maybe the best views this lifelong New Yorker has ever seen in this city. Off the beaten path but well worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst ever!tweetDined on 8/2/2014It was our 10 year anniversary and I wanted something special. Our waitress we hardly seen her and the waiter that brought our food rolled his eyes at my wife because a well done steak kept coming out rare and it was sent back twice our moment was ruined and just wanted to go home.
- AwesomeNathydDined on 8/1/2014We went on a Friday night for Restaurant week. The restaurant is absolutely beautiful, there was live piano music and the view is like no other. Our waiter was helpful and very friendly. Overall a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restuarant with a viewDonnaDined on 8/1/2014We had a great table with a view of the Manhhatan skyline. Nice place to start your weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG! OutstandingFlygirlDined on 7/31/2014The ambiance was fantastic. The staff was attentive and went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect. The food was excellent It happened to be Restaurant Week so we decided on the Price Fix Menu. The choice of entrees would please any type of appetite. I didn't pick the restaurant because it was Restaurant Week but because I was looking for romantic water view restaurant and the Water's Edge surpassed my expectations!Special Features:
- Great food- not so great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014The food was delicious although they were out of the lamb which is specifically why I came to this establishment. My date and I waited almost an hour for bread and water and we had to wait a very long time for our entrees as well. Our waiter told us that he thought someone else had brought us our bread and drinks. He told us that he would make it up to us with discount waivers for drinks on our next visit. We never received anything from him. Great food, Amazing view, romantic setting, horrible service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!limpmatieDined on 7/30/2014This was my third time there, always during Restaurant Week and the food and service has never disappointed. The food was delicious and the portion size generous. Their desserts are so decadent, they are always the perfect to end a fantastic meal.Special Features:
- Room With a ViewPuginthesandDined on 7/30/2014I went out for dinner during restaurant week with a few friends. We sat outside and enjoyed dinner with a beautiful view, good service and excellent food. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others and I will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Manhattan SkylinePeterDined on 7/25/2014This place is a wonderful spot! Great dining experience, very european! Highly recommended! Very friendly staff, cuisine is absolute perfect! We would definitely return when we're back in NYC!Special Features:
- Great viewAkaharryDined on 7/25/2014The must place for the view. The food is ok. Service is good. Get there before sundown to watch the sunset over the city and the lights turn onSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View and Tastepinky11Dined on 7/25/2014Slow cooked short Rib was excellent! The view of the restaurant was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014Service was great and staff was extremely attentive to the table needs.Special Features:
- Awesome ViewsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Don't be fooled by the industrial street leading down to your destination, or the appearance of the structure. The views from Water's Edge are incredible. Try to get there for sunset, as you will be able to see the sun disappear behind Manhattan's skyline. The food was good ... fresh, but pretty mainstream. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ViewJezzDined on 7/22/2014The view of Manhattan is incredible whilst dining The food is well presented and tasted ok Service was generally friendly by the majority of the staff who are a nice bunch although would have thought been more attentive for the price we were paying But all in all a great experience and worth it for the fantastic view that you getSpecial Features:
- Amazing views and cozy place.tamosDined on 7/22/2014Amazing views and cozy place. Half an hour after the entree the waiter forgot the main course and asked us for the dessert. Then it took him another half an hour to get our dishes only to tell.us what was going on in the las 5 minutes. The food was very good and so it was the ambience. Perhaps it was a bad chance but the truth is that we waited for an hour and nobody took responsability of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely backdrop for dining outEXFCIDined on 7/22/2014The food is imaginatively plated and tasty. The wait staff is young, fresh, and friendly -- but needs some sound training; it's not difficult to keep track of "who ordered what." The question arose for all courses, and cocktails. Cocktails! My Manhattan arrived garnished with three cherries (will cherry liquid stirred in) and an orange slice -- looking like a rosy fruit compote. My husband's martini on the rocks came without the ice. But the general atmosphere, the decor, and Manhattan across the water still made for a fine Restaurant Week lunch. Pior to Restaurant Week, we noted that Water's Edge had been offering two possibilities for fixed price lunches, each less costly than this day's RW menu and not available this day.Special Features:
- Good food but bizarre place.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014The food at the Water's Edge was very good. My feeling is that the restaurant has become mainly a catering venue. Staff appeared disheveled and the service bordered on the bizarre. The restaurant was nearly empty when we arrived. However, no one gave us a menu or asked us if we would like something to drink. After waiting half an hour I asked the hostess for a menu.Then after an additional 10 minutes the waiter arrives and says hello and just looks at me. Shortly after that I saw two men walking around the restaurant .They wore swim trunks that hung very low and they had no shirts on. I assumed they were customers. Later on that evening two waiters by the bar area got into a verbal fight.Special Features:
- DisorganizedDonGorditoDined on 7/19/2014Restaurant staff wasn't familiar with the menu. Disappointed that there was no Prosecco wine available in mid-July. Staff disorganized: couldn't manage to have coffee and desert served together.
- absolutely beautifulRomanceNQueens19Dined on 7/19/2014I was looking for a place where I could impress someone from out of town.. This place did just the thing. Breath taking view of the city while we had dinner on the patio. The food was delicious and seasoned just right. Only problem our waiter seemed more friendly with the table beside us. However, I didn't worry to much about that because I was with the man of my dreams...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's something to try onceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014Very nice outdoor setting, except that when you ask for outdoor table on your reservation they don't guarantee it. We were stuck waiting for all the happy hour tables to finish so we could get a seat. The manager was nice enough to give us lounge chairs outside while waiting for a table to open, but the waiter kept coming over and telling us our table was almost ready and then looking suggestively at the table behind him. The prices were a bit out of range for this side of the East River. Nearby Blend LIC or SHI have very nice views at a fraction of the cost. The food is good, but the sides were so-so. Also the waiters are very friendly and nice but not professionally trained. So it's good, just a little overpriced for what it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- City prices, not city quality.DeeRoarkDined on 7/10/2014Outstanding view but subpar service and food that didn't "meet and exceed" NYC's "highest standards" (as per their website). If you don't eat at this price point in Manhattan, the view and plating may be enough impress, especially for non-locals. However, service was substandard, from the small (e.g., no wine list, infrequent checks & water/drink refills) to the significant (HUGE lapse between salads and main course, which we couldn't eat until we chased down waitstaff to replaced bussed silverware), and the food was just OK. Baby bouquete salad was bitter & without enough accompaniment, surf & turf was unimpressive, and the chicken was not flavorful, although some sides (e.g., potato flan, spinach bread pudding) were quite good.Special Features:
- Water's EdgeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014It could be a neighborhood or even a city gem only if the management is changed. The service is by far the worst I have ever see. And I don't mean the bus boys - they were perfect, in fact, the only ones checking on us. The waiting staff was horrible though. We placed our order at 7.45pm and have not seen our waitress until 9.30pm. The food is nothing special, very overpriced.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014Restaurant was having a problem getting help so service wasn't great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was horribleCamilleDined on 7/5/2014My husband and I had reservation at 8:00 for our anniversary. We were seated at 7:50. We received water at 8:20, appetizers at 9:05, Dinner at 9:50 and desert at 10:40. We felt like the evil step kids that had to wait until ever has ate before we can. People were sea
- ezasVIPDined on 7/5/2014I had been here three weeks prior and the service was excellent. On July 4th weekend I think the servers were trainees. They were unprofessional and didn't perform their job well at all. I couldn't believe I was in the same establishment. Very disapointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outside SeatingkrushmotoDined on 7/5/2014This was our 1st time at the Waters Edge and I left impressed. Although we were there on a Living Social voucher I was treated like any other paying customer. The waiter was attentive but not pushy. His recommendation on the duck left us both impressed. I never knew duck confite could taste so light considering how it's cooked. I will definitely be back w/ or w/o another voucher!Special Features:
- dianeDined on 6/27/2014With one of the most incredible views of Manhattan, it's just a shame how poorly the Water's Edge is being run. It looks as though the owner ran out of money while decorating but even what they did do over is stuck in time and awful! The butter had a refrigerator taste as well as the dessert and the food was nothing to write home about! In the background, a patron was arguing with a waiter which resulted in the hostess taking him out front for diners to listen in on while waiting for valet to get your car. Water's Edge is a sleeper just waiting for the right professional to grab it and turn it into one of the most desirable spots in NYC.Special Features: