4-01 44th Dr.
Long Island City, NY 11101Neighborhood:
Long Island City
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.watersedgenyc.com/
- Phone: 7184820033x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: Lunch 12:00-3:00pm Monday - Saturday Dinner: 5:30-11:00pm Closed Sundays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dave Salony
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: All cuisines.
- Private Party Facilities: Sparkling chandeliers and panoramic views of Manhattan make this venue impressive to all who visit. Amenities include balcony, bride's room, glass elevator, Party Yachts. Full service includes everything needed for your occasion including china, linens, event planning services, full time chefs and waiters. Please call for an appointment and tour.
- Private Party Contact: Banquet Office 7184820033x
- Entertainment: Piano player on Friday's and saturday's
- Special Events: Special Events are available in our upper level Ballroom as well as within the Restaurant for 10 to 350 guests. Off premise catering is also available for your home, office or unique space.
A word from Water's Edge
We offer spectacular panoramic views of the New York City Skyline, world-class decor and renowned cuisine. Our landmark venue sits upon the East River leaving the breathtaking views etched into your memory. The combination of superb cuisine & unparalleled service is sure to impress even the most discerning of guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Water's Edge - Best Restaurants in Long Island City ›
Water's Edge reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (110)romantic (94)special occasion (88)great for outdoor dining (81)neighborhood gem (24)notable wine list (23)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (22)great for lunch (22)great for brunch (16)hot spot (10)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Something to DiscoverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014I saw this restaurant in a series called Person of Interest (final scene ep.3 season 3), I was attracted by the view on the skyline of Manhattan, but then I found also that everything is good not only the view. Thanks.Special Features:
- amazing viewzaza980Dined on 10/11/2014Splendid view. ambiance and decor 5 stars. However, we expected 20 minutes for our bottle of wine and no less than 45 minutes for the soup .... I requested my steak medium well and it came red. My husband and I enjoyed the restaurant in general, but not the service. The server does not know really looked after us .... maybe because of our young age and the fact that we were tourists ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- almost perfectelvisDined on 10/6/2014Stunning view, service more than perfect, very good food but could be more in quantity, enough high price but ok if you count the ambient and the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/3/2014The view was amazing! The food was good...not great...good. The highlight for me was Roasted Beet Salad and the bread service. I felt that our table lost the attention of our server when he learned we had a Living Social voucher. That was unfortunate.Special Features:
- Fantastic in a word!LOVE2DINEDined on 10/2/2014This is a great place for a romantic dinner or any other special occassion. You don't even need an occassion. The food is great, the view is fantastic, and the service is everything you expect in fine dinning. Samantha and Kelly are just two of the greats that work there. We had a most pleasurable experience with them as our waitresses. We highly recommend this place to anyone that enjoys good food, service and a great view!Special Features:
- Disappointed at Water's EdgeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2014We had the unfortunate experience of trying Water's Edge restaurant in Long Island City, NY. You know it is bad, when the restaurant offers you free drinks at the end of the night, and you pass, because you just want to leave. There was not really any redeeming aspect to the dining experience - neither food, service nor ambiance was good.
- Nice staffgonzoDined on 9/26/2014The staff was very nice. They stopped by to check up on you enough times not to bother you during your dining experience. The view is excellent. The wontons are delicious and the steak melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!MrsCatesDined on 9/26/2014I didn't know what to expect but the pictures on the website doesn't do justice. I was fortunate to find a deal on living social. I took my wife for her birthday and we were completely WOW`d! Everything from the view, to the service and the food was outstanding! We watched the sunset and in the evening they turned the firepits on. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful restaurantProllyAteYourLeftoversDined on 9/20/2014Food took a while because they were hosting a wedding on the upper floor, so they comp'd us dessert (Get the blueberry glass. Delicious). Dinner was tasty, and the scenery was perfect. Sit outside, enjoy the heated ambiance and have done good eats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!!KCP30Dined on 9/20/2014I took my fiancé here for his birthday and it was an amazing experience. The food was excellent and the portion sizes were perfect! The fillet Mignon is a must try! In general all of the food we ordered was well prepared and I really liked our waiter! We went on a Saturday night which had live piano entertainment. It was such a great and romantic experience. We will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- spectacularpeterramsamDined on 9/20/2014Love it would definitely come again food was delicious and tasty the views of the city skyline was spectacular and romantic the wine was was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedRayKDined on 9/15/2014After some research we decided to take our daughter for lunch on her 30th birthday. We couldn't have been more pleased. The sun was shining so we ate outdoors facing the NYC skyline - spectacular! We had the seafood appetizer for four followed by the pre fixe lunch. The appetizer was a good sized sampling of jumbo shrimp, lobster, oysters, clams and mussels all very fresh and tasty. The pre fixe lunch menu was varied and again delicious. What mad the afternoon was the service. The waiter was polished, friendly and kept us posted as to the status of our meal. We ordered wine and when it came he respectively suggested one slightly more expensive that "was considerably better" - it was. All in all a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, great ambiance/serviceNainaDined on 9/12/2014This was my 3rd time at Water's Edge this summer. Sat at an outside table. Its the place to go in LIC if you want a beautiful view, friendly staff, good food and great ambiance. Nice!!Special Features:
- romantic dinner w/ great skylinepdpgerberDined on 9/12/2014Dinner itself was delicious, the scenic views of the skyline of NYC was amazing at sunset... There were a couple of ducks in the Hudson below that you can feed with the breadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful from start to finishCathyHillVIPDined on 9/11/2014This is a restaurant for special occasions. Wonderful view of NYC skyline. Elegant venue attentive service. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but go for the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/5/2014View was great. A great hidden find. Food was good, but nothing to rave about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014great and service was the best my family loved the pleaceI would recommend this to a friend.
- CrombieVIPDined on 9/5/2014The wait staff was exceptionally pleasant, and the food was good, as ever. However, we came for lunch, because dinner prices are beyond our ability to pay. Lunch went up A LOT. We may have to wait for restaurant week to return. I am sorry about that, but we can only do so much.Special Features:
- It was great to dine hereannmarieVIPDined on 9/3/2014I really love this restaurant and the view is to die for. I would recommend this highlySpecial Features:
- Great like alwaysKimPDined on 9/1/2014Waters edge has always had great food and service. The view is great. Love going there for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous ExperienceSouthernBellDined on 8/30/2014My friend and I visited NYC (my first time there) and chose Water's Edge as our one Fancy Dinner night. We wanted to dine somewhere with a beautiful view and let me tell you, this place exceeded our expectations! We were seated outside with a beautiful view of the Queensboro Bridge and the beautiful city skyline. We were served delicious fresh bread (right out of the oven). We each ordered the filet mignon (which was FANTASTIC) and ordered the crème brûlée for desert. After dinner, the hostess arranged for a Taxi to pick us up. I could go on and on about our experience and all the tiny details that made this dinner so very special. You must go and experience this place for yourself!Special Features:
- Can't beat the view or the foodNevinoBrunoDined on 8/26/2014Water's Edge offers one of the great views of the Manhattan skyline, and the food is also excellent (as is the service). Portions were a bit small in relation to price, however. Rather surprising that there were very few people at the restaurant for weekday lunch, although it is much busier at dinnertime. Try to get a table on the outside deck which is right on the East River; the view is truly extraordinary. The neighborhood looks a bit rough at first, and the restaurant entrance is not as well marked as it might be.Special Features:
- Tourist trap with a viewPopsDined on 8/23/2014Abysmal service standards, so recognised by the staff that one even said "well this will be a memorable experience because of bad service then". Food is poor at best, surf and turf has no taste and they mixed the other orders. Overpriced (400 USD for 4 with only 2 glasses of wine). So don't waste your time and money. Get yourself a lobster roll on a ferry after dark for a far better experience.Special Features:
- great atmosphere and gorgeous viewpetermDined on 8/18/2014Server was very informative on the wine list. The view was awesome. Definitely great for a romantic night out. I just wish the scallop appetizer came with more scallops haha but other than that, food was very good, but the view in itself is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- apathetic staff and so so foodDutchGourmandDined on 8/18/2014Bad experience. Tables outside weren't set. The wait was 30 minutes for the first glass of water. Busgirl was totally oblivious and could not manage to give me the network code either. Arrogant and indifferent waiter. The price for the pre fixed lunch was $28 instead of $16 and $21 (this is what their website still says). The waiter shrugged when I made a remark about that. When the blue crab salad arrived, the watercress flew into the East River. The waiter shrugged again. It had the size of an amuse bouche and had hardly any crab in it. Main course: the chicken tasted dry and the sauce was hard to find and had partly dried out as well. I felt really shafted. Next time I will enjoy the free view down the road and have lunch at Vernon Blvd.
- The view is the highlightGWYNYCDined on 8/16/2014The hostess was confused upon our arrival and would not sit us (we came 15 min early) then decided to sit us after all, but in the outside lounge (?) and then a more capable person came and said we could remain there for our dinner. The food was disappointing, they managed to make both the duck and lamb too dry and chewy but the view made up for it. We won't be back, because the food does not justify the price, but it was a nice experience.Special Features:
- Excellent First Experienceckc426Dined on 8/15/2014Little treasure tucked away at the edge of LIC, who knows? Food was great, especially the cold seafood platter, some of the freshest clams, oysters, and shrimp cocktails I've ever had in NYC. View of the Manhattan skyline was a plus. Definitely will come back again!Special Features:
- Romantic and Great sceneryOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2014It was a perfect setting for our 5th wedding anniversary, great food and great service! Definitely heading back.Special Features:
- Laurel and Hardy do fine diningaffameeDined on 8/15/20142 stars. the view & the weather. Our outdoor reserved table for 2 was a round table for 6. Tap water was tepid ( no ice) waited 45 min. for appetizer. No bread. Waiter ignored us. Went inside to request. Main dish arrived appetizer dishes not cleared-same with desserts ( only really good thing ) A hostess served a roll mid main dish. Someone else brought butter. Did not ask whether we wanted tea or coffee for dessert. Felt like the kitchen and service staff had left "en masse". restaurant week menu had a "20% administrative fee". I told the waiter this was not legal. Bill arrived with "20% auto-gratuity".Having eaten a good no. of times and always been pleased with service and food, I was dismayed to ruin my guest's birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Charming Waterfront restaurantRashipomeloDined on 8/14/2014We dined here during restaurant week for our anniversary. The staff was very friendly and responsive, and made great wine suggestions. The food was delicious -cooked perfectly and with fairly large portions. This place is literally on the water's edge so you have gorgeous views of manhattan, the river, and the bridges. I would suggest coming around twilight-the city actually looks most beautiful then. We will definitely bring out-of-towners here for dessert and drinks and would come back for another special occasion, as it is a little pricey -the entrees that we would choose regularly range from 35-$50. Enjoy!Special Features:
- FabulousAlciritaDined on 8/13/2014This was my 2nd time. I enjoyed very much. Food was excellent. The view is beautiful. Greta for brunch and dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ViewsCTGALVIPDined on 8/11/2014We loved this restaurant on our first visit, and were lured back by restaurant week. While a little out of the way, and a walk from the subway through an industrial zone, once there, it's like an oasis. Lovely riverfront dining - see the United Nations building over there - makes for a very romantic, comfortable setting. Waitstaff were attentive. Food was beautifully prepared and portions were plentiful. There is no doubt that they are a very popular spot for weddings and special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantELLIOTTVIPDined on 8/8/2014The food and the atmosphere were excellent. We ate outside overlooking Manhattan it was so romanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing viewShalragDined on 8/7/2014View is absolutely gorgeous overlooking Manhattan. Great ambience for dinner with city lights. Very romantic. Service was excellent. Very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- watersedgerestseekerDined on 8/7/2014Scenic and romantic with tasty dishes and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealJohnnyDined on 8/7/2014Once again, the meal, service and atmosphere were all excellent!!!Special Features:
- Go for view, not food.HubandWifeFoodiesDined on 8/7/2014Waiters on three occasions either brought our food to a different table, or tried bringing food to our table that belonged elsewhere. Our waiter never came to check on us. Just to clear courses. Food itself was bland, under seasoned. Was asked if we wanted more bread - we said yes - never got it. It probably went to a different table. Very pretty place, but very poor food and service.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant Week findSteve633Dined on 8/6/2014Lovely 3-course meal, friendly service and an amazing view of Manhattan. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findTheprincefanDined on 8/6/2014This place was amazing, great food and maybe the best views this lifelong New Yorker has ever seen in this city. Off the beaten path but well worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst ever!tweetDined on 8/2/2014It was our 10 year anniversary and I wanted something special. Our waitress we hardly seen her and the waiter that brought our food rolled his eyes at my wife because a well done steak kept coming out rare and it was sent back twice our moment was ruined and just wanted to go home.