Water's Edge Resort & Spa
1525 Boston Post Road
Westbrook, CT 06498Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Water's Edge Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.watersedgeresortandspa.com/
- Phone: 8603995901
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am, Sunday: 7:00am - 8:45am; Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Cortesi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Choose from multiple private dining options. The Bushnell room, with a great view of the sweeping lawn and Long Island Sound, can accommodates up to 20 people. The intimate Spencer Alcove can host up to 18 guests for private wine dinner. The Captains Landing with floor-to-ceiling windows can host a breathtaking lunch for up to 30 guests. We also have three ballrooms and other social function spaces to accommodate from 15 to 350, many with spectacular water views.
- Private Party Contact: Social Sales 8603995901
- Entertainment: Indoor live entertainment year round Friday and Saturday 9:00pm until 1:00am. Outdoor live entertainment from Memorial Day to Labor Day Wednesday through Sunday 6:00pm - 10:00pm.
A word from Water's Edge Resort & Spa
The Restaurant at Waters Edge is home to the best brunch in Connecticut and a multitude of fine entrees for lunch and dinner. Featuring innovative American cuisine, your palate will be seduced by the creative preparations of the freshest seafood, steaks, chops, homemade pastas, and decadent desserts from our in-house pastry kitchen. Offering spectacular views of the Connecticut Shoreline, The Restaurant at Waters Edge is the perfect outdoor dining spot, making it an ideal choice for romantic dinners and breathtaking lunches, offering outdoor dining seasonally. The readers of Connecticut Magazine voted Water"s Edge Resort & Spa "The Best Sunday Brunch Statewide" and "The Best Hotel Dining Statewide", while food columnists for the Hartford Courant and the New York Times have rated the restaurant "Excellent."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Water's Edge Resort & Spa - Best Restaurants in Westbrook ›
Water's Edge Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (56)special occasion (38)great for brunch (30)romantic (25)great for outdoor dining (25)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (9)good for groups (8)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (4)hot spot (4)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Outstanding eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014My wife and I were so pleased we are planning make this one of our on going dining venuesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelming in so many waysOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014Sorry to say but we were disappointed in our visit. Although we were seated at 6 PM , ordered drinks and food before 6:30 PM we did not eat until 7:30. Wait staff very nice but seemed overwhelmed, food prepared correctly but underwhelming in flavor and presentation. Amusing Karioki music soon turned to annoying noise from pool bar. Hard to have conversation and server unable to alleviate the problem. Our guest from Italy was gracious but we were embarassed. Such a lovely place but not a lovely memory. IF we should try again, we would eat inside and hope for a better experience. Even the manager seemed unable to sooth diners at the next table who complained about service. We did not complain. Pricey lesson.
- VERY DISAPPOINTED!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014WAS PLACED IN THE LOWER LEVEL IN FRONT OF THE GLASS DOOR AND OUR VIEW WAS ANOTHER COUPLE, AWKWARD! I ASKED FOR A TABLE W/FABULOUS VIEW. WAITSTAFF IGNORED US UNTIL WE FLAGGED THEM THEN NEVER CAME BACK. NOISE LEVEL VERY HIGH! DECAF COFFEE WAS SERVED COLD WITH NO CREAM. SHRIMP WAS SOFT, PRIME RIB WAS FATTY AND RAW, BRISKET WAS DRYED OUT, FISH WAS BLAND, CHEF BURNT WAFFLES. WORSE BRUNCH EXPERIENCE EVER!Special Features:
- Brunch at its bestBrunchBunchDined on 8/24/2014This brunch is among the best I've ever eaten at. Start with an airy diningroom that looks out on Long Island Sound. Live piano music plays in the background. The array of food is spectacular. There's an omlette station, a pasta station, crepe and waffle stations, carving station, not to mention the multitude of other food items. There are breakfast items, lunch foods, salads, desserts. Juice, coffee and tea are included for $33.00. One of the finest servers around is Michael. I always request him. Go for a leisurely, delectable brunch and forget about the calories!Special Features:
- Time for a renoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We got married here 12 years ago, so we were happy to come back. The place is showing its age and was cramped. The arm of my chair was broken and certain spots smelled of mildew from the air conditioner. The location is perfect and is very scenic on Long Island Sound. We had brunch this time for our anniversary. I had put in the special notes when making the reservation to please acknowledge our anniversary, nothing was said. The table near us let their children run in the restaurant. We could see the bar outside still had a problem with bees (as was the case 12 years ago). The food was good but not like I remembered it to be. A pasta station was added however and that was very tasty. We won't be coming back for another 12 years.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceHartfordDowntowner1Dined on 8/23/2014The food was very good and the service was courteous and friendly. I was on a date and was pleased that I chose such a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014Enjoyed our anniverary celebraton in a beautifully appointed room with a spectacular view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, food nothing specialDisappointedOn20thDined on 8/13/2014We had eaten at Waters Edge for brunch, and decided to try it for dinner. We had monkfish, scallops and two steaks. The monkfish and scallops were good, but the steaks were tough and chewy. The bread was so hard on the outside, my son cut the roof of his mouth. When making the reservation for our 20th anniversary, we requested a window table to make dinner extra special, but were not given one. There is only one window table for four and someone else had it. The decor is dated and ugly. The service was ok. We wanted to have a special evening for our anniversary, but overall our experience was not worth the exorbitant cost of the meal.Special Features:
- NO reservation upon arrival!GlastonburyDined on 8/10/2014NO reservation in our name, when we arrived! Rude hostesses. Poor service. Drink order lost. Had to flag down young waiter 30+ minutes after drink order was taken. 4 Parties seated after us had their drinks and meals before us! For party of 4, each meal arrived 5-10 minutes apart from one another. Last person served received wrong order delaying us all from eating another 10 minutes. Beautiful scenic view of the ocean. Embarrassing as we took couple out as a 'thank you ;-(Special Features:
- foodQ2TheDined on 8/2/2014The food was horrible for the price. My wife had burnt french fries. However the other guest all had fresh fries.Special Features:
- Always Good FoodPhilDined on 7/31/2014You never get a bad meal at this place. We have eaten here many times over the years and it is always exactly what you want in taste and quality of the food. The service on the other hand is not up to par with the quality of the food. The wait staff seem to be rather young and inexperienced in how to maneuver around the dinning room and take care of the guests without bumping into chairs, spilling water and some times the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful EveningTAG1Dined on 7/26/2014Nice view, friendly wait staff, good food. all good.Special Features:
- Terrible Service/Food Eh!!!ktldDined on 7/18/2014If your paying top dollar don't go here. Food was just ok and the service was a nightmareSpecial Features:
- Usually good, not this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014We've had memorable and wonderful meals in the past, but this one was not. Sorry chef, you didn't hit the mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just go for DrinksJanet1401Dined on 7/18/2014The view is great, and so is the people watching. However, our dinner was terrible. We ordered the Cesar salad to start with, which was pretty good, but it took 50 Mins for it to come to our table. We had order the seafood Risotto to share. It was not Risotto, but just white rice is some kind of booze sauce, and the seafood had tasted like it had gone bad, needless to say we did not eat it. We were short on time, so I asked how long it would take to get a dessert, and was told about 30 mins because the dinning room was full, so I did not order one. It was quite pricy for one meal and two glasses of wine. When we were leaving, we looked into the dinnering room, and there were 4 tables filled, super busy. Will not be going back.Special Features:
- Very disappointedLdk1970Dined on 7/13/2014The buffet was not impressive. Lots of choices but not good quilaty and the place was packed. It's such a great location they definitely need a new chef.Special Features:
- Probably Better Off SeasonReallyNotPickyDined on 7/11/2014When I made my reservation, I requested a window seat because it was my wife's birthday. When we arrived, all window seats were occupied by people who are owners or who were prospective buyers so we were given a seat next to the wall with virtually no view of anything but the room. The server was friendly, helpful and overheard me apologizing to my wife for the poor view because as soon as one of the guests next to a window left, she moved us to that seat after bussing it. The reason I didn't give an excellent rating for service was because the people who bring the water, bread & butter offered all of the other guests olive oil with their bread and never offered us a refill of our water glasses. Food was tasty but fish slightly overcooked.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/6/2014the strip steak was very good and the mussels were as well. We ate outside and enjoyed the wonderful view. Unfortunately, our waitress was disinterested in doing her job and unattentive until the bill came and she suddenly became our best friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch!MommaQDined on 7/6/2014Everything you could possibly want to eat at a brunch!Special Features:
- Dinner and dancingHiggyDined on 7/5/2014Friendly, courteous employees for the most part. Dinner food was lukewarm when presented, tuna was way overlooked yet still not hot when served. Timing of meal was terrible- we were presented with our apps and meal literally three bites away from one another. Server interrupted our conversations a number of times until we gave in and stared at the menu selection. I might add that this was at 8 pm- in my opinion not a prime time meal rush. The band, OOB is excellent; they engaged with the entire crowd and appeared to have a very strong following. Overall, a very nice night but disappointed with the food- portions were small, although the presentation was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014We had a delicious dinner and dessert. The place is beautiful....definitely walk the grounds at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014The food was cold and the variety wasn t like it was in the past. The waitress didn't come around often. We had to ask another waiter to process our bill.
- Not going backFoodie68Dined on 6/21/2014Hoping for a new dinner with a few friends for the evening. The views were beautiful but the service was horrendous. All the wait staff made it very obvious they were stressed and there seemed to be something going on. Every time out waiter said he would be right back it was around a 20-25 minute wait. Food was decent but not anything special, there are much better options around the area. Will definitely not be returning and I don't advise you to go here if you want a good experience.
- Birthday girlMy60threviewDined on 6/12/2014Scallops perfectly cooked and quite a lively dish with the seasoned sweet potatoes. Duck with cavatelli and spinach contained some grit perhaps from spinach not being properly cleaned. The halibut was fresh but just a tad too long on the grill. However, it was saved by the delicious vegetables accompanying the fish. Shellfish risotto was almost a home run, but a tad too long before presentation resulted in a drier than preferred performance. Lemon tarts great. Pear tartin crust soggy..a real miss there. Must say salads were right on and oysters superb. Not a very sophisticated wine list for such an upscale restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/25/2014This place feels of cutting corners and going downhill. The restroom next to the Buffett had no soap in either dispenser. Waitstaff use this?. The watered-down mimosa had little OJ, little champagne in a glass filled with lots of ice. Buffett food was tepid, health code issues? The service was not good. The waiter constantly stacked our food laden forks and knives on the tablecloth in front of us. I had to use my fork with pork loin for my dessert. I had to look and look for him to get a second cup of coffee. This is a beautiful facility and the desserts are wonderful, but this place needs work. No one asked us about our meal until we were getting up to leave. Where was the supervisor during the meal?
- allanDined on 5/23/2014Food was good (not outstanding). I would not mind going back if in the area, but I wouldn't rush back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meal and great service.FussyDinerDined on 5/19/2014Great evening! We were seated at a table offering a panoramic view of Long Island sound, and the beautiful spring landscaping found only at Water's Edge. The Tuscan Cannellini Bean Potage with Sautéed Kale appetizer - delicious. We ordered sea scallops on a bed of sweet potato puree with bacon and corn butter sauce.. well portioned, perfectly cooked. A special dish, obviously prepared by a gifted chef. Our compliments! The service was friendly, comfortable and timely.. We weren't rushed, but neither did we need to wait, as water, appetizer, main course and coffee were served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOldSaltDined on 5/16/2014Cowboy steak C-. Not a quality cut. Asked for medium. Got med well. Potato/celery thing cold. Celery taste overpowering.Special Features:
- gretchenDined on 5/13/2014Food was good, but don't try to get your "free wine with two entrées" special in the dining room, or use the chit they give you at check in, or order the special entrée and expect it to count as an entrée, unless you're willing to educate yourself first as to what constitutes the restaurant versus the not-restaurant where they serve the very same menu and what specials apply where. The process takes much of the pleasure out of an expensive meal.Special Features:
- Great foodFoodie4lifeDined on 5/9/2014Food was made exactly how I requested in a timely manner and came out great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Impressed This TimeanonymousDined on 5/4/2014We have been coming here for years. This time was disappointing. Hostesses were rude when they seated us. In addition, our waiter was nowhere to be found throughout the brunch. Looking for another brunch place for the future.
- The following 80 reviews are from the Water's Edge Resort & Spa reviews archive.
- Wonderful Place on the CT ShoreGeorgeMDined on 5/2/2014I will have to say that after spending 3 days at the Resort on our Anniversary, we found this the most relaxing and charming place. The food was awesome, the view was breathtaking, and the quiet serenity was the great. It gave us the time to connect without the intrusion of outside. The staff bent over backwards to make our stay the best ever. From the Jon, the restaurant manager, who saw to it that we were seated with a wonderful view of Long Island Sound, to the waitstaff who saw to our every need; the dinners were perfect. I would recommend Water's Edge Resort & Spa to anyone who needs a romantic getaway to reconnect to the one you love.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2014Our Sunday brunch was amazing! Janet was very friendly and accommodating. Just amazing!! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2014Everything we could have hoped for. Will definitely return soon!Special Features:
- Great food, nice viewsKds2014VIPDined on 4/19/2014We enjoy this restaurant particularly in the nice weather. Many tables have views of the LI Sound and there is outdoor seating. Service can be a little slow at times but friendly. The food is very fresh and always meets expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect romantic getawayDanienAndyDined on 4/12/2014I took my fiancé here to surprise him for our anniversary. Our weekend and experience could not have been better!! We will definitely go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what the Doctor Ordered....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Staff and services at the spa were fantastic, just what the doctor ordered. Lunch was the icing on the cake.Special Features:
- Overall brunch at Water'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014Overall brunch at Water's Edge was very nice, the only problem was no one ever approached our table to take a drink order. The servers came by and poured lots of coffee, juice and water but never asked if we'd care for something else. If I had been asked I probably would have ordered a Bloody Mary.Special Features:
- WonderfulroluteDined on 4/3/2014A great special occasion dinner out; food was exquisite. Service was top notch, and made up for the louder guests surrounding us. Very impressed, and would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance, mediocre foodbrushdancerDined on 3/31/2014Went to this resort for a night away with a friend and had lunch and dinner in the restaurant. Lunch menu offered a good variety of choices. I had the sweet potato soup, which was excellent, and steamed mussels and clams in broth which was very good. The bread was fresh and warm. My friend had haddock with breadcrumbs, which was nothing special, sweet potato fries which were good and crisp and asparagus. Our dinner was more disappointing. Basically, the entrees were about $8-$10 overpriced for the quality. The food was ok, but just not exceptional. And for what its worth, the menu was full of typos!. Those prices should command an attention to detail that was missing not just in the menu but in the food.Special Features: