Water's Edge - Charleston
1407 Shrimp Boat Lane
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Water's Edge - Charleston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.waters-edge-restaurant.com/
- Phone: (843) 884-4074
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm;
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jimmy Purcell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Jon Osborne 8438844074
A word from Water's Edge - Charleston
Water's Edge is located on scenic Shem Creek, bringing "Downtown Dining" to the Mount Pleasant area. Just minutes from historic Downtown Charleston, Water's Edge offers both waterfront and outdoor dining where guests can view the local fish and shrimp boats unloading their daily catches.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Water's Edge - Charleston - Best Restaurants in Mount Pleasant ›
Water's Edge - Charleston reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (83)great for outdoor dining (70)good for groups (37)special occasion (34)romantic (25)neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (21)notable wine list (19)great for lunch (19)kid-friendly (18)great for brunch (17)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (6)Show More
- Neat Spot!BR549VIPDined on 11/22/2014Of several spots on Shem Creek, this is the best. Not stuffy, but not too trendy & loud (If you want that there's the lower-level bar.). Nice for a relaxing meal with a pleasant view. Varied menu & outstanding wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A regular stop for 30 yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2014For the past 30 years this location has been a "must stop" during our visits to the Charleston area. Shem Creek is a great setting and the restaurant enhances this experience with its food, drink, and service. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite in Mt. PleasantLillan3Dined on 11/13/2014We have eaten at Water's Edge numerous times and never had a poor experience. The seafood pasta is excellent containing plenty of fresh seafood, which is often not the case in many restaurants. The Happy Hour is the best in the Mt. Pleasant area with great appetizer choices and value for your money. Most restaurants offer just a few Happy Hour appetizers whereas Water's Edge has many including sliders, dips, mussels, shrimp, calamari, Thai chicken on skewers, all of them excellent. Add to that the lively ambiance which makes the bar scene such a fun place to eat and drink. We also enjoy the fact that there are different age groups. It is a friendly place where strangers find it comfortable to make conversation adding to the evening's pleasure. Finally, service is excellent and staff polite whether you sit at the outdoor bar or dine inside. Our favorite casual place to relax!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed our mealLynneVIPDined on 11/1/2014We haven't been to Water's Edge for a while, and we found that that is a mistake! We really enjoyed the meal - and of course the view is always spectacular, even now when it gets dark so early. Our meals were excellent. We'll be back sooner this time!Special Features:
- sometimes disappointingParisLoverDined on 10/31/2014Have dined here many times over past 10 years, though it's a 2-hour drive for us. Fabulous waterside sailing boat views. great service. Generally food has been great. This time I was seriously disappointed with the crispy flounder. Have had it often at other Charleston and South Carolina venues before and adored it. Never tried it before here. Badly overcooked and dry. Must have been under broiler 2 or 3 minutes too long. However, manager went out of his way to make amends, so I have no complaints. We'll go back again.Special Features:
- Worth the money, but not much moreNew2CharlestonDined on 10/31/2014The service was very good, but the Food was SO SO at best. The Bar area on the lower level much better than the restaurant itself. The view is fantastic, but there are much better restaurants with equal views. It is worth a one time visit, choose for your self. Admittedly we didn't order wine so I can't commit on the selection. Some of our friends really love the place others are on the same line as I.Special Features:
- Great water locationSLOWJOEDined on 10/30/2014The view is great on a waterway,the restaurant it self is laid out well and our wait person Stacy was out standing. After that ,not so good ,food is average at best. My fish was cooked to death and my partners was tasteless. Wine list was acceptable,parking was dusty.Would not go back.Special Features:
- Good staff and delicious foodDJKmVIPDined on 10/28/2014You always have a nice friendly but professional staff and the food is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodgooziemomVIPDined on 10/22/2014Had a very lovely evening and all 5 guests were happy with their meal. Good portions and fair prices. Great views of Shem Creek for visitors to watch the action going on and maybe even seeing a dolphin!Special Features:
- Favorite spot for brunchdrfin1Dined on 10/19/2014All my out of town guests get treated to brunch on Sundays here. The brunch buffet has many items, something for everyone, even gluten free options. I love the outdoor seating. Enjoying the beauty of Shem Creek is always a highlight for me and my guests. The staff is always great and helpful and the food is great.Special Features:
- Great outside DinningGood2dineDined on 10/16/2014Had a wonderful lunch with friends from out of town on the outside patio. Food was good; pecan crusted chicken salad was great and others had steak sandwiches and wraps .. All good. The only negative was that I had my pecan chicken wrapped to go but forgot the box and called 25 min later to be told they had thrown it away!!! They had my number since I reserved a table, open table so was not happy about losing a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite restaurants!SallyVIPDined on 10/12/2014We have been going to Waters Edge for years and it has always been one of our favorite places in Mt Pleasant to have dinner!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014Have been here several times and always enjoy the food and service. View is stunning!Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationJimandConnieDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our birthday celebration dinner at the Water's Edge. The food was outstanding and the service was great. We also enjoyed our view overlooking the creek and watching the boaters and seeing the dolphins. We will definately return in the near future.Special Features:
- Always goodCSHnCHSVIPDined on 10/3/2014Waters edge is consistently good. Excellent wine, great views. Our favorites are the whole flounder, the appetizer fish chunks, and the goat cheese salad. A favorite.Special Features:
- AverageMediocreDined on 10/3/2014Perhaps the meal was disappointing after the awesome meals we had in Charleston this week. It was average at best. Seafood plater was mediocre and vegetables were over cookedSpecial Features:
- View of "The Creek"BigdaddyVIPDined on 10/1/2014For good food great service and an up close view of Shem Creek Water's Edge can't be beat. It is one of our go to spots for entertaining out of town guests. We are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Exactly what we were looking forhokieFanDined on 9/28/2014The setting was extremely nice, overlooking the water. There was plenty of great seating outside and inside. The staff seemed to be of a mature age. Very professional, and the food was absolutely delicious. Homemade desserts, oyster on the half shell, fresh fish, delicious sides, warm bread that was really delicious, and a decent wine menu. Overall could not have been more happy. I would definitely recommend this restaurant as a must eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014I generally take guests to Waters Edge for Happy Hour and to watch the moon come up. Now I'll add Sunday Brunch. The food was fresh although it was 2 before we served ourselves. I was also impressed by the variety of choices. Oh! And the Bloody Mary's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun brunchBandPDined on 9/28/2014Great food and fun to watch the dolphins, boats and paddlers going by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaneyDined on 9/27/2014My 11 year old granddaughter's hamburger was so badly charred on one side of her hamburger that we had to return it. This was after informing our server, when taking our order, that she would not eat it if it was charred. When we called it to her attention, she said she had personally talked to the chef before he cooked it, and she agreed that it was overcooked. My granddaughter ordered chicken tenders to replace the burger since she was told it would be faster than the burger. The tenders were fine, but by the time she got them, the 4 of us had already finished our meal, and her appetite was gone. Incidentally, Waters Edge did give us a credit for the burger but did charge for the replacement order. Also my broiled seafood was bland.
- Awesome ExperiencehappydinersDined on 9/25/2014Water's Edge is one of our favorite restaurants to visit while in Charleston. During our last visit, our waiter Justin took great care of us and added to a memorable family evening. The food, wine, service and scenic view provided the perfect ending to a great day. The dolphins swimming in the creek didn't hurt either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best FindShemcreekfanDined on 9/20/2014Food was as described and recommended by waiter who was engaging and knowledgable. Seating and view were excellent, food exceeded expectation, pricing typical for resort area.Special Features:
- Not real specialmickymotoDined on 9/19/2014We had an 8 pm reservation on Friday night and looked forward to a special night out. When we arrived most people were leaving. We left at 9:45, the last guests. Food was good, but not especially creative. All of this made the place seem like a "been there, done that" factory. Service was very good and we were not rushed. This would be good for a loud group early enough for enjoying a sunset, but not special enough for a date dinner for two.Special Features:
- Not bad, not fabulousJK2chefsDined on 9/19/2014Apps great, desserts good, entrees ok. Crispy flounder was dry. Staff friendly. Service was ok but not great. Nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014We had an early dinner here. So there were still tables near the window by the water. The fishing boats were coming back and following them were dolphons (the waiters called them dolphins, but one of the guests said they were porpoises) in any case it was entertaining to watch them while eating dinner. The service was good, the protions were fairly large, the flavors were very good. The duck salad was something I would recommend, the rest of the items we had were good, but not notable. The prices were high, but I guess not too much for a waterfront restaurant. An enjoyable experience overall.
- Not to expectationAlowishusDined on 9/13/2014This was not our first visit to Water's Edge, but probably was our last. The oysters on half shell were very good. Our Cesar salad was unusual bore little resemblance other than the lettuce. The dressing was bland and they had added red onion and tomatoes to the salad, which were no help. We had shrimp and grits, which were edible, but not memorable. The chef had attempted to put new twist on this traditional dish and really missed the mark. Our calamari was also edible, but not very good, plus was very salty. Our waiter was very friendly, but way too personal with his banter and comments.Special Features:
- Romantic ViewMS50Dined on 9/12/2014You can sit and eat your delicious dinner while watching the boats go by and the sun set. Beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meal!MoseleyDined on 9/6/2014Five stars does not do this restaurant justice. It was definitely a "six star" experience! We've eaten there twice and both meals were exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeeGeeDined on 9/3/2014Good food and great wine list. Beautiful view of Shem Creek. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, meal, and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2014We had an inside table (too warm outside) by the window on Shem Creek. Great view. Server was well informed about wine and food with a very pleasant and attentive attitude. Each of the 4 of us had different appetizers, salads, entrees, and desserts. All were very good.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerNikSDined on 8/30/2014I was taken here for my birthday dinner, and I was very pleased with the food, the service & the view. I would definitely go to Waters Edge again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cjbddDined on 8/29/2014Food and service were very good however parking was an absolute nightmareSpecial Features:
- Average foodquatumdocDined on 8/17/2014My girlfriend and I ate Sunday brunch here on a recent trip to Charleston. We had a reservation. They took us and seated us quickly. On our first trip to the buffet bar, there were no bisquits, eggs benedict or syrup for the waffles. The line was long and slow. They really need to run both sides of the table. The selection was very limited. Our server was attentive and polite. The food was not bad (about on par with a Shoney's), but not worth the $50 we paid (including coffee, mimosas and tip). The location is amazing, with a great view of the water and a public dock that goes out into the marsh which was good for an after brunch walk. Overall, not worth it.
- Embarrassingly disappointingbigdiner44Dined on 8/15/2014Just awful. My girlfriends daughter and friend were visiting from out of town and we were hoping to empress them with good food and service while overlooking Shem Creek. When we arrived for our reservation we were greeted with a smile and sat promptly at a table overlooking the creek as requested. The rest of the evening was an epic fail. Calamari consisted of t was tiny tubes heavily bread and stale tasting. Crab cakes practically burnt with very little crab and no flavor. Mashed potatoes were dry and had no flavor. this dish was sent back and replaced with one that wasn't any better. The tuna entree was two small pieces of tuna in a puddle of sweet chili sauce, some cold black blob of something and and sea weed salad, uninspired for $23.
- Shem Creek GemMeff44VIPDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed a fresh seafood dinner on Shem Creek. Good food!Special Features:
- Great Service & foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/8/2014Waiter (from Wadmalaw Island) was great. Never missed a step. I dined with my 4 young children ages 10 - 16 and he treated each as an adult. Great local stories and Shem Creek. Thanks for a great night!Special Features:
- Worth the ViewGeorgeDined on 8/7/2014Go during the off season to avoid the mob of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/6/2014Our waiter Tim was fantastic, the food was great, I highly recommend thr crispy flounder. Enjoy the ever changing scene as boosts go up and down Shems Creek.Special Features:
- great find!westkDined on 8/5/2014After reading mixed reviews I was a bit concerned but the food was great. Only complaint was our food took an unusually long time to arrive but apparently there was order glitch. Great drinks and kids menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.