Water's Edge - Charleston
1407 Shrimp Boat Lane
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Water's Edge - Charleston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.waters-edge-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 8438844074
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm;
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jimmy Purcell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Jon Osborne 8438844074
A word from Water's Edge - Charleston
Water's Edge is located on scenic Shem Creek, bringing "Downtown Dining" to the Mount Pleasant area. Just minutes from historic Downtown Charleston, Water's Edge offers both waterfront and outdoor dining where guests can view the local fish and shrimp boats unloading their daily catches.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Water's Edge - Charleston - Best Restaurants in Mount Pleasant ›
Water's Edge - Charleston reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (134)great for outdoor dining (101)special occasion (54)good for groups (41)romantic (38)neighborhood gem (32)great for brunch (31)great for lunch (28)notable wine list (25)kid-friendly (23)vibrant bar scene (23)fit for foodies (20)hot spot (14)late-night find (5)Show More
- Average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014My girlfriend and I ate Sunday brunch here on a recent trip to Charleston. We had a reservation. They took us and seated us quickly. On our first trip to the buffet bar, there were no bisquits, eggs benedict or syrup for the waffles. The line was long and slow. They really need to run both sides of the table. The selection was very limited. Our server was attentive and polite. The food was not bad (about on par with a Shoney's), but not worth the $50 we paid (including coffee, mimosas and tip). The location is amazing, with a great view of the water and a public dock that goes out into the marsh which was good for an after brunch walk. Overall, not worth it.
- Embarrassingly disappointingbigdiner44Dined on 8/15/2014Just awful. My girlfriends daughter and friend were visiting from out of town and we were hoping to empress them with good food and service while overlooking Shem Creek. When we arrived for our reservation we were greeted with a smile and sat promptly at a table overlooking the creek as requested. The rest of the evening was an epic fail. Calamari consisted of t was tiny tubes heavily bread and stale tasting. Crab cakes practically burnt with very little crab and no flavor. Mashed potatoes were dry and had no flavor. this dish was sent back and replaced with one that wasn't any better. The tuna entree was two small pieces of tuna in a puddle of sweet chili sauce, some cold black blob of something and and sea weed salad, uninspired for $23.
- Shem Creek GemMeff44VIPDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed a fresh seafood dinner on Shem Creek. Good food!Special Features:
- Great Service & foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/8/2014Waiter (from Wadmalaw Island) was great. Never missed a step. I dined with my 4 young children ages 10 - 16 and he treated each as an adult. Great local stories and Shem Creek. Thanks for a great night!Special Features:
- Worth the ViewGeorgeDined on 8/7/2014Go during the off season to avoid the mob of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/6/2014Our waiter Tim was fantastic, the food was great, I highly recommend thr crispy flounder. Enjoy the ever changing scene as boosts go up and down Shems Creek.Special Features:
- great find!westkDined on 8/5/2014After reading mixed reviews I was a bit concerned but the food was great. Only complaint was our food took an unusually long time to arrive but apparently there was order glitch. Great drinks and kids menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoonDined on 8/3/2014Excellent accommodation for my adult son in a wheelchair. We appreciated the extra care from the manager and the table we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful View, Food LackingSaraDined on 8/3/2014We ordered the buffet and the food was not very good at all. The waffles and biscuits were hard and overcooked, the shrimp in the shrimp and grits was nonexistent...for a seafood restaurant you would expect better quality of food. Would only go back for drinks and views, would not eat there again.Special Features:
- Special 21st birthday!CarolDined on 8/2/2014We have gone to Waters Edge many times, and chose to celebrate our daughter's 21st birthday there. The waiter was so nice, he brought a sampling of wines for our daughter to taste, and explained different types of wines to her. She thoroughly enjoyed her "one on one" wine tasting, saying it was a blast! This restaurant's waiters always seem to be happy to please!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best find.striker624Dined on 8/1/2014Staying in Charleston and wishing not to spend $40 / person for dinner, we came across Water's Edge with a very appetizing menu. Although parking was a bit of a test of the patience, the food was well worth it. The scallops, lobster mac and cheese, and the grouper were all extremely fantastic; the scallops were the best I've ever tasted. I will be suggesting trips to Charleston solely to go to Water Edge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall pretty goodGCChefDined on 8/1/2014Food was OK. Steak was a little overdone but overall a good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!felicefoodieDined on 8/1/2014What can I say, we have eaten here two times in the past week. Once for brunch on Sunday and dinner on Friday. Both experiences were outstanding in service and food. The brunch buffet is good but be careful of some items were overdone this Sunday. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch SpotfelicefoodieDined on 7/27/2014Dolphins! This place is right on the channel and the dolphins love to play here! You can dine outside, on the enclosed and air conditioned deck or inside. We love this place for Sunday brunchSpecial Features:
- MervDined on 7/26/2014Have been to Water's Edge on numerous ocassions. This time I was not at all happy with my meal. I ordered Shrimp & Grits and I can assure you they were not typical of the Charleston Scene. Two globs of grits and shrimp floating around in a "sauce". This was my turn off and will be hard pressed to return. Bar scene nice and "Barkeep" was good.Special Features:
- More than expectedBobaDined on 7/24/2014Food was great,as well as the service.the view was very scenic and,since it was a hot and humid night, we were able to stay inside without missing a great view of the creekSpecial Features:
- Great view/service, mediocre foodATXMikeDined on 7/23/2014Beautiful weather and an off-peak Wednesday led us to the (limited) outdoor seating with no wait past our OpenTable booked time. I've been here many times, and recommended it to my group, so I was excited. We started with drinks that arrived promptly and a delicious lobster mac & cheese app. I was encouraged, but that changed quickly when my fried shrimp & scallops arrived so over cooked they could have been from the sole of my shoe. Others at the table who had the same dish agreed, but those who had grilled fish seemed happier with their meal prep. The waitress was friendly and the service was quick. The view of Shem Creek would bring me back, but I'd order something different for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Water's EdgeNMulvanyVIPDined on 7/22/2014They never fail in food, service or experience. We always ask for the same table and they always oblige. We had such great oysters we ordered a second round. Dinner was delicious! Wine fantastic (so many to choose from.) Our view of the dolphins and watching boats was fabulous. One of our favorites to visit every single time!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014Great brunch spot with an awesome view. As locals we have a lot of options, Water's Edge is always at the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sp718Dined on 7/18/2014The view was nice. Sat on lower level overlooking Shem Creek. All the tables on lower level were unable level and at a slant so it felt like our drinks were going to fall over. Our waitress wasn't very personable. She was short and irritable when we didn't have a decision about our drinks 2 seconds after we sat down. Food was mediocre. I had the swordfish. It was a very small portion for the price and it was dry. I would definitely not recommend this place to friends. There are much nicer places in Charleston that serve better food.Special Features:
- David CDavidVIPDined on 7/18/2014Been going to Water's Edge for many years. Too many times to remember. One of the best restaurants in Charleston and one of my favorites. It has a great view of Shem Creek. The bar down below the restaurant also has a great view and on some nights is a great place for a drink if a vibrant bar is what you desire. It doesn't affect the restaurant which also has a more quiet bar inside. The food is great for dinner and lunch! Has an outside area next to the main dining and of course one can eat in the lower dock level bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Superb VisitBillyDined on 7/16/2014Had friends visiting from Atlanta and thought the Water's Edge would be special. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the evening. The food, wine, service and views were outstanding. My guests are already planning when they can return to the area to have dinner there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful LocationkevncoleyDined on 7/14/2014Lovely outdoor dining location. Enjoyed the food and attentive service. Really enjoyed the fish stew!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- find another place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014You can find much better seafood around Shem Creek then this place. The waiter never brought us our appetizer and never asked how our meal was. For the price you pay, you barely get any food. It was a Sunday night and not even busy. Very disappointingSpecial Features:
- Awesome AmbianceTWilliamsonDined on 7/12/2014The Waters Edge is in a excellent location along Shim Creek, the seafood is their specialty. The shrimp and grits, as well as any of the fresh fish meals are absolutely amazing. I have driven many times, over 2 hours just to eat here. I Highly Recommend The Waters Edge in Shim Creek.Special Features:
- Fun atmosphereMotherDined on 7/12/2014Getting a parking space was challenging on a Saturday night. The waterfront and the buzz of this place make it a lot of fun! They do a good job of feeding a lot of people. The food was satisfying, but the portions of fish were quite small. I was somewhat surprised that the house Cabernet was $9 a glass. Overall, a fun place to be, great water front views, satisfying food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Horrible ExperienceReviewProDined on 7/11/2014Had 7:15 reservations. Got there at 6:45, didn't get seated until 7:45. Hostess was rude from start to finish. Manager was nice, but cleary the other staff didn't care. The food was nothing special. The view was ok at best.
- Scenic viewBigdaddyVIPDined on 7/7/2014The view from the inside of Shem creek is a plus for Water's Edge. We go there from time to time to enjoy a meal and watch the evening activities on the water. The food is good but not the main attraction. The service is attentive and timely. Go for the view and enjoy a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the foodsujoDined on 7/6/2014My fish and cheese grits and collards were GREAT!!!!Special Features:
- Surprising369grayDined on 7/6/2014Even though the menu is listed online, the food was a great surprise. Great selection, wasn't skimping on any food items as a matter of fact the salmon was a delight. Have already recommend this restaurant to friends and family. Great food, even better price.Special Features:
- Dining by the waterUKbabeDined on 7/5/2014They accommodate everything we wanted. Even getting a specialty drink which was only served at the outside bar. Great place to eat , and large varied menu. Anything seafood was wonderful.Special Features:
- Waters Edge Vacation DinnermrbiffDined on 6/27/2014Very nice vacation experience with a variety of menu choices for all. Nice view, food good without being great. Accommodated request for water view table.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014Absolutely excellent food, view and service! Exquisite dining! Will be back next time in CharlestonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK Place.mattDined on 6/26/2014The view was great on the deck sitting outside. We made reservations through open table. Our table was outside on the deck overlooking the water. It took about 10-15 min before our server came out to us. After we ordered drinks/appetizers, it'd be another 10 min before he came with our drinks. Service was extremely slow and food was mediocre. It could have just been an off night there as I have read many great reviews on the place.Special Features:
- Great local findParisDined on 6/26/2014Go here once a week grouper is the best. Service is always the best. The views are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RHHOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2014Great brunch..especially the made-to-order omelets! There is not a carving station or dessert, but that would raise the cost which is very reasonable. Great Bloody Mary bar, too! The view on Shem Creek can't be beat and you can take a nice walk on the boardwalk after brunch.Special Features:
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2014I loved the view of this place. Sits on Shem Creek with so much action to watch dolphins, returning fishing men, paddleboarders and pelicans. The food was good. Lovely Bloody Mary bar. Good looking brunch buffet. Knowledgeable attentive server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite turned disappointmenttwinkjeepDined on 6/21/2014Water's Edge used to be a standby whenever we visited Charleston. This time, I have to say we were greatly disappointed. Our server was incredibly aloof and forgot simple things such as water, bread for the table, and lighting the candle on our table. My future father-in-law asked several times for his glass of wine to be delivered... it came after his dinner had arrived. Later in the evening, an obnoxious party boat came through the canal was was blasting "I'm on a boat mother ---" repeatedly. This was before 10PM. While the food was nice, it was pricey, fair seafood. The dessert was supposed to be peach cobbler, but was essentially a giant piece of bread and some peach chunks, with a tiny ice cream scoop. We will not be returning.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014The best thing about this dinner was that we had a table that overlooked Shem Creek. We ordered creme brulee it was over cooked and had the consistency of cottage cheese.
- great placenightwithnokidsDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I visited and we loved everything! Great service and food was excellent. My wife loved the grouper and fried seafood platter was good. Our server was excellent...kind, prompt, and anticipated anything we might want. Nice place to get away and have a date night without the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.