507 12th Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.watermark-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 6152542000x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar opens at 5pm Monday-Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Paul Ent
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Please visit our website, www.watermark-restaurant.com, for all upcoming events.
To book a private event e-mail: email@example.com
A word from Watermark Restaurant
Watermark Restaurant features a menu that is distinctive in the Nashville market by its culinary emphasis on exceptional Southern product, classically prepared, and warm, professional service. The regularly changing menu highlights the best of each distinct season in conjunction with the finest seafood, game and beef available in the world. The restaurant design and décor integrate the building’s historic renovation and stylistic construction, emphasized by the expansive, light filled windows and view of the city skyline. Featured in Southern Living, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Food and Wine and other notable publications, Watermark Restaurant has established itself as a leader in Nashville and the Southeast region.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
Watermark Restaurant - Best Restaurants in The Gulch ›
Watermark Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (72)special occasion (69)fit for foodies (65)romantic (60)scenic view (47)notable wine list (40)neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (25)hot spot (20)late-night find (7)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014Entertaining friends from Memphis and picked the best spot for fine dining. Valet parking was cordial, waitstaff were well-versed in meal preparation as well as wine selections. A very enjoyable evening. We weren't rush through dinner and had ample time for conversation.Special Features:
- Good, but...AdamBDined on 9/24/2014With all the new offerings in Nashville, Watermark is still a good option. The service was excellent, the view from the patio is worth a visit, but the food was just good. Prices were on the high end, and bit high verse others in the area.Special Features:
- Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Perfect atmosphere. Accommodated party of 6 with ease.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamboSamboDined on 9/18/2014I was disappointed that we were the only table inside. It was a beautiful evening but it was a quiet room and my guests from out of town thought it strange.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningTravelinUSDined on 9/15/2014Great place, super friendly service, nice views and very good food. Too cold inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance!2Blues5Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I recently had dinner here to celebrate his birthday. The ambiance was really nice! The food was good but we've had better. My husband had the rib eye and I had the filet. Both were excellent cuts of meat but could have had more flavor. Perhaps making the rib eye a bone-in would help. The BBQ shrimp appetizer, however, was excellent! Our service was fantastic and we loved the atmosphere. Definitely a great spot for couples to celebrate a special occasion. It had great views of the gulch area and downtown and had it been warmer, we would have loved to have been seated out on the outdoor seating space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014We used to love this place, but have noticed the food has gone downhill over the past few years. The service this time around was notably lacking with our apps arriving before cocktails and running out of water during the meal. For the price point, I would expect more on the service side and a more diverse menu.Special Features:
- Watermark in the GulchECG3Dined on 9/5/2014Enjoyed a great group dinner in a Friday night. Service was energetic and very professional. We were in the middle of the room and it was loud. Plan to go back but will be sure to ask for a table to the side. Soufflé appitizer with wild mushrooms was our stand out dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!AliMacDined on 9/5/2014It was our first night eating out after recently moving to Nashville and Watermark was an excellent choice. The ambiance was great, but more impressive was the food. My steak was perfectly cooked and the sides it came with were equally as delicious. I'd recommend this place to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truffles saved itMarkDined on 8/29/2014Dinner was good, but we felt overpriced. We do dine out, regularly, and although it was a nice evening, we were neither overly impressed. The highlight of the evening was when waiter surprised us with these key lime truffles, for our anniversary, served with a great presentation. That, in itself, made a mediocre anniversary night out, memorable.Special Features:
- Not a good nightBeachbubbieDined on 8/28/2014Ordered the shrimp appetizer was not as advertised. The shrimp were half the size and were not Bar B Q they were simmered in sauce. Not good. Choose another appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I have never been disappointed in dining at Watermark. My wife and I enjoy it for special days, and I have used it for larger group business dinners. It is a great place.Special Features:
- Great Location, Great MealPatrickVIPDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time at Watermark and I'm sure we'll be back. The meal that I had represented a nice balance between the familiar and innovative. I ordered a pork chop which was perfectly cooked--not too dry but, not rare. It was served with what looked like a large slice of polenta but, was in fact a well spiced cornbread and andouille "stuffing." The plate was garnished with a rendition of hopping john. It was delicious but, tended towards the familiar. It was a very good plate and I would order it again without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OklahomaDined on 8/22/2014A wonderful evening! Amazing food, attentive but not intrusive staff and lovely ambience.Special Features:
- LOVE WATERMARK! BRAVO!TOMMNASHVILLEDined on 8/22/2014Watermark is one of the BEST resturants in Nashville- Their menue has graet seasonal items- Service is perfect- waiters are very helpful and attentive -plus FUN to talk with about the food and area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not at all what we are used tocottonginDined on 8/21/2014This has been our special occasions place. This was a big disappointment. As we were enjoying our bread, we began to get wet. The air duct was dripping on our food and drinks. We brought this to the servers attention and she moved us to another place. They brought the same drinks and bread to new table. We had to asked for different drinks and bread. This was restaurant week so we thought this would be a showcase meal. Boy were we disappointed. The food was bland. As were were leaving the place, we found that the servers had seated another couple at the table where it was dripping water. Sad, sad, sad way to treat customers. They knowingly sat people where nasty water was dripping. We will be finding a new "special" place.Special Features:
- SouthernFoodieVIPDined on 8/21/2014I lived in Nashville for 8 years and this was my first visit. The food was good, loved the space and outdoor seating but the service is why I will go back and send others. My server was Cole and he independently raised the bar on the type of service you should receive at a white tablecloth restaurant. His recommendations, explanations and etiquette were top shelf. He should be training servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!shorne89Dined on 8/21/2014A friend and I went for the restaurant week menu and everything we got was delicious! I especially enjoyed the salmon with ratatouille! The ambience was very cool. The outdoor seating looked beautiful but it was just a little too hot for us to sit out there but I would totally consider eating there again! Well worth the $30 for the restaurant week menu!Special Features:
- Perfect outdoor settingBigRVIPDined on 8/16/2014The drinks, food, view, ambiance, and service were all extremely good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- angus1Dined on 8/15/2014excellent food and service. Outdoor dining was great.Special Features:
- Food is Spectacular!TashyaDined on 8/12/2014My husband and I wanted to celebrate our fifth anniversary by going out to a nicer restaurant than we usually would. We had been to the Watermark once before and greatly enjoyed the experience so were looking forward to another. My husband called ahead and inquired if they offered a chef's tasting menu. They did, so we requested that for the following evening. The layout is beautifully and simply set, with an option to sit outside if preferred. The chef's menu consisted of five courses + a soup. Course after course arrived with the next one being more delectable and appealing than the last. We were blown away by the flavors! The service was excellent and I would highly recommend a wonderful evening there!Special Features:
- Great flavors but dry pork chopOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014My wife and I went to watermark for our anniversary and had a very good night. The service was great and the ambiance was very nice. I ordered the filet and it was fantastic. My wife ordered the pork chop and said the flavors were very good but it was quite dry. She went through a lot of water with dinner because the pork was so dry. She was very impressed with the flavors and would like to go back some time and try something else but with the price point it will not be any time soon. It is expensive, but you get what you pay for. Great service, good flavors (even if overcooked) and a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- ServiceDined on 8/9/2014Overall the food was good and prepare correctly. However the service lacks the scale of the restaurant and would recommend a more attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodSBDtennisDined on 8/9/2014Made a reservation based on the menu and roof top dining. It poured right before our arrival and we were not able to sit on the roof but the hostess was great about giving us options and we ended up at a lovely table against the wall. We could talk easily and did not hear other conversations but it wasn't too quiet either. Our waitress (Adrian) was fantastic!! She recommended the Walu and it was amazing! My two friends had the scallops and we shared the oh so delicious grit souffle appetizer (also recommended.) One more thing I must compliment the waitstaff on, they waited until our entire party was finished before clearing plates!! I was thankful for this courtesy, it rarely happens these days. A wondering fine dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!CaroDined on 8/8/2014We came to Nashville for my husbands birthdate weekend. I would highly recommend this place. The host, service staff and food was excellent. I loved the filet mignon was great with the bernaise sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerADHCDined on 8/8/2014First timers. Great vibe, views, wait staff, and most importantly great food.Special Features:
- Almost perfectLivinghalf2Dined on 8/5/2014A midweek occasion first time dinner really could not have been better. Ate inside. The heirloom tomato salad and the grits appetizer were especially memorable. The grilled peach salad and barbecue shrimp were properly executed and tasty. The venison was served exactly as ordered. Everything was beautifully presented. The pork chop was beautifully presented and accompanied but was bordering dry. Desserts were perfectly sized and delicious, creme brûlée and a flourless chocolate creation. In total, extremely pleased with the experience and highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Outdoor MealMtmcqueenDined on 8/1/2014The food was excellent, the waiter very personable and professional and the outdoor dining was exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a special dinnerAshDDined on 8/1/2014I would give Watermark a 4.5 rating if it were possible. The experience was really nice, but the food could have been a tad better considering the price. Overall, I would recommend this place. Since it is a bit older than some of the more trendy restaurants in town, Watermark often gets overlooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!ITgirl615Dined on 7/26/2014I would eat at Watermark more often if I could afford to. It remains one of my very favorite Nashville spots for a special-occasion dinner. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- No room on the patioBah1VIPDined on 7/25/2014We arrived at 7 for our reservation and requested to dine on the patio. We were told that it would be 45 minutes because there were no tables available and it is first come .... There were tables available and after pointing that out they tried to say that they were reserved?? Finally they acquiesced and we were seated. We had a $300 bill, so I hope it was worth it to them to sit us outside.Special Features:
- Spectacular food until dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014Inside or out, Watermark is phenomenal. The modern decor makes for an accessible upscale restaurant. We tried oysters, cheese plate, and grilled peaches salad - each of them true winners. Because of my allergies, mushrooms were substituted with my scallops. They were tasty but there was so much that I couldn't finish them. The filet was cooked like we love it so that I can have the rare inside and my husband can enjoy the outsides. They stumbled on the desserts. The flourless chocolate cake was overpowering with a bitter finish. The strawberry shortcake was swept away by the zingy lemon sauce. The creme brûlée was a tad soupy. The nuts on top were interesting. We will be back for certain, we'll just do dessert elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLuv2eatDined on 7/23/2014I had wonderful service at Watermark. Our server was pleasant and attentive. I met friends for cocktails and food. Their drink menu was unique and the food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJesstodineDined on 7/23/2014Our experience at Watermark was beyond expectations. Food, service and ambiance created a perfect setting for our special occasion. I have eaten all over the country at many wonderful restaurants and I would say that Watermark fulfills my need for high quality food and service right here at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RockyDined on 7/19/2014Amazing food. Extremely interesting take on southern fine dining. Best service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place In The GulchHckyNut25Dined on 7/19/2014We were here last year and really loved this place and this year when I brought my brother and wife for his birthday, they didn't let me down. The food is excellent and the service is spot on as well. We all had a wonderful time and definitely recommend this looking for a more special dinner. Listen To the waiters recommendations too. They have been spot on every time.Special Features:
- Paid too much for too litteWestrodgersDined on 7/18/2014I paid too much for a small quantity of food- a good deal when taking out a potential client, below average for home account. Will not be back when paying out of pocket.
- BritButlerDined on 7/17/2014The staff was very welcoming from Hostess to Server. Adriane was a great server and knowledgable about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern ComfortGoodFoodVIPDined on 7/15/2014Outstanding grit souffle, grilled peach salad, cold corn soup with lobster, carpaccio. Deck is extremely pleasant. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerITguyDined on 7/12/2014Loved the food, the wine list and location. Service was great but very slow due to several large parties. Will be visit again. Highly recommend the Venison loin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.