507 12th Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.watermark-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 6152542000x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar opens at 5pm Monday-Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Paul Ent
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Please visit our website, www.watermark-restaurant.com, for all upcoming events.
To book a private event e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Watermark Restaurant
Watermark Restaurant features a menu that is distinctive in the Nashville market by its culinary emphasis on exceptional Southern product, classically prepared, and warm, professional service. The regularly changing menu highlights the best of each distinct season in conjunction with the finest seafood, game and beef available in the world. The restaurant design and décor integrate the building’s historic renovation and stylistic construction, emphasized by the expansive, light filled windows and view of the city skyline. Featured in Southern Living, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Food and Wine and other notable publications, Watermark Restaurant has established itself as a leader in Nashville and the Southeast region.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Watermark Restaurant - Best Restaurants in The Gulch ›
Watermark Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (86)great for outdoor dining (80)fit for foodies (78)romantic (69)scenic view (55)notable wine list (46)neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (23)hot spot (16)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Truffles saved itMarkDined on 8/29/2014Dinner was good, but we felt overpriced. We do dine out, regularly, and although it was a nice evening, we were neither overly impressed. The highlight of the evening was when waiter surprised us with these key lime truffles, for our anniversary, served with a great presentation. That, in itself, made a mediocre anniversary night out, memorable.Special Features:
- Not a good nightBeachbubbieDined on 8/28/2014Ordered the shrimp appetizer was not as advertised. The shrimp were half the size and were not Bar B Q they were simmered in sauce. Not good. Choose another appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I have never been disappointed in dining at Watermark. My wife and I enjoy it for special days, and I have used it for larger group business dinners. It is a great place.Special Features:
- Great Location, Great MealPatrickVIPDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time at Watermark and I'm sure we'll be back. The meal that I had represented a nice balance between the familiar and innovative. I ordered a pork chop which was perfectly cooked--not too dry but, not rare. It was served with what looked like a large slice of polenta but, was in fact a well spiced cornbread and andouille "stuffing." The plate was garnished with a rendition of hopping john. It was delicious but, tended towards the familiar. It was a very good plate and I would order it again without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OklahomaDined on 8/22/2014A wonderful evening! Amazing food, attentive but not intrusive staff and lovely ambience.Special Features:
- LOVE WATERMARK! BRAVO!TOMMNASHVILLEDined on 8/22/2014Watermark is one of the BEST resturants in Nashville- Their menue has graet seasonal items- Service is perfect- waiters are very helpful and attentive -plus FUN to talk with about the food and area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not at all what we are used toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014This has been our special occasions place. This was a big disappointment. As we were enjoying our bread, we began to get wet. The air duct was dripping on our food and drinks. We brought this to the servers attention and she moved us to another place. They brought the same drinks and bread to new table. We had to asked for different drinks and bread. This was restaurant week so we thought this would be a showcase meal. Boy were we disappointed. The food was bland. As were were leaving the place, we found that the servers had seated another couple at the table where it was dripping water. Sad, sad, sad way to treat customers. They knowingly sat people where nasty water was dripping. We will be finding a new "special" place.Special Features:
- Delicious!shorne89Dined on 8/21/2014A friend and I went for the restaurant week menu and everything we got was delicious! I especially enjoyed the salmon with ratatouille! The ambience was very cool. The outdoor seating looked beautiful but it was just a little too hot for us to sit out there but I would totally consider eating there again! Well worth the $30 for the restaurant week menu!Special Features:
- Perfect outdoor settingBigRDined on 8/16/2014The drinks, food, view, ambiance, and service were all extremely good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- angus1Dined on 8/15/2014excellent food and service. Outdoor dining was great.Special Features:
- Food is Spectacular!TashyaDined on 8/12/2014My husband and I wanted to celebrate our fifth anniversary by going out to a nicer restaurant than we usually would. We had been to the Watermark once before and greatly enjoyed the experience so were looking forward to another. My husband called ahead and inquired if they offered a chef's tasting menu. They did, so we requested that for the following evening. The layout is beautifully and simply set, with an option to sit outside if preferred. The chef's menu consisted of five courses + a soup. Course after course arrived with the next one being more delectable and appealing than the last. We were blown away by the flavors! The service was excellent and I would highly recommend a wonderful evening there!Special Features:
- Great flavors but dry pork chopOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014My wife and I went to watermark for our anniversary and had a very good night. The service was great and the ambiance was very nice. I ordered the filet and it was fantastic. My wife ordered the pork chop and said the flavors were very good but it was quite dry. She went through a lot of water with dinner because the pork was so dry. She was very impressed with the flavors and would like to go back some time and try something else but with the price point it will not be any time soon. It is expensive, but you get what you pay for. Great service, good flavors (even if overcooked) and a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- ServiceDined on 8/9/2014Overall the food was good and prepare correctly. However the service lacks the scale of the restaurant and would recommend a more attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodSBDtennisDined on 8/9/2014Made a reservation based on the menu and roof top dining. It poured right before our arrival and we were not able to sit on the roof but the hostess was great about giving us options and we ended up at a lovely table against the wall. We could talk easily and did not hear other conversations but it wasn't too quiet either. Our waitress (Adrian) was fantastic!! She recommended the Walu and it was amazing! My two friends had the scallops and we shared the oh so delicious grit souffle appetizer (also recommended.) One more thing I must compliment the waitstaff on, they waited until our entire party was finished before clearing plates!! I was thankful for this courtesy, it rarely happens these days. A wondering fine dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!CaroDined on 8/8/2014We came to Nashville for my husbands birthdate weekend. I would highly recommend this place. The host, service staff and food was excellent. I loved the filet mignon was great with the bernaise sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerADHCDined on 8/8/2014First timers. Great vibe, views, wait staff, and most importantly great food.Special Features:
- Almost perfectLivinghalf2Dined on 8/5/2014A midweek occasion first time dinner really could not have been better. Ate inside. The heirloom tomato salad and the grits appetizer were especially memorable. The grilled peach salad and barbecue shrimp were properly executed and tasty. The venison was served exactly as ordered. Everything was beautifully presented. The pork chop was beautifully presented and accompanied but was bordering dry. Desserts were perfectly sized and delicious, creme brûlée and a flourless chocolate creation. In total, extremely pleased with the experience and highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Outdoor MealMtmcqueenDined on 8/1/2014The food was excellent, the waiter very personable and professional and the outdoor dining was exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a special dinnerAshDDined on 8/1/2014I would give Watermark a 4.5 rating if it were possible. The experience was really nice, but the food could have been a tad better considering the price. Overall, I would recommend this place. Since it is a bit older than some of the more trendy restaurants in town, Watermark often gets overlooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!ITgirl615Dined on 7/26/2014I would eat at Watermark more often if I could afford to. It remains one of my very favorite Nashville spots for a special-occasion dinner. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- No room on the patioBah1VIPDined on 7/25/2014We arrived at 7 for our reservation and requested to dine on the patio. We were told that it would be 45 minutes because there were no tables available and it is first come .... There were tables available and after pointing that out they tried to say that they were reserved?? Finally they acquiesced and we were seated. We had a $300 bill, so I hope it was worth it to them to sit us outside.Special Features:
- Spectacular food until dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014Inside or out, Watermark is phenomenal. The modern decor makes for an accessible upscale restaurant. We tried oysters, cheese plate, and grilled peaches salad - each of them true winners. Because of my allergies, mushrooms were substituted with my scallops. They were tasty but there was so much that I couldn't finish them. The filet was cooked like we love it so that I can have the rare inside and my husband can enjoy the outsides. They stumbled on the desserts. The flourless chocolate cake was overpowering with a bitter finish. The strawberry shortcake was swept away by the zingy lemon sauce. The creme brûlée was a tad soupy. The nuts on top were interesting. We will be back for certain, we'll just do dessert elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLuv2eatDined on 7/23/2014I had wonderful service at Watermark. Our server was pleasant and attentive. I met friends for cocktails and food. Their drink menu was unique and the food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJesstodineDined on 7/23/2014Our experience at Watermark was beyond expectations. Food, service and ambiance created a perfect setting for our special occasion. I have eaten all over the country at many wonderful restaurants and I would say that Watermark fulfills my need for high quality food and service right here at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RockyDined on 7/19/2014Amazing food. Extremely interesting take on southern fine dining. Best service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place In The GulchHckyNut25Dined on 7/19/2014We were here last year and really loved this place and this year when I brought my brother and wife for his birthday, they didn't let me down. The food is excellent and the service is spot on as well. We all had a wonderful time and definitely recommend this looking for a more special dinner. Listen To the waiters recommendations too. They have been spot on every time.Special Features:
- Paid too much for too litteWestrodgersDined on 7/18/2014I paid too much for a small quantity of food- a good deal when taking out a potential client, below average for home account. Will not be back when paying out of pocket.
- BritButlerDined on 7/17/2014The staff was very welcoming from Hostess to Server. Adriane was a great server and knowledgable about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern ComfortGoodFoodVIPDined on 7/15/2014Outstanding grit souffle, grilled peach salad, cold corn soup with lobster, carpaccio. Deck is extremely pleasant. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerITguyDined on 7/12/2014Loved the food, the wine list and location. Service was great but very slow due to several large parties. Will be visit again. Highly recommend the Venison loin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy date night.RedbugDined on 7/12/2014Watermark was everything we had hoped and more. The service was outstanding. The drinks were great. The food....it was some of the best I've ever had anywhere. Do you and your taste buds a favor and go eat there soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Way too loudCollegehuntersDined on 7/12/2014The food was terrific, but the noise level was deafening. Our party of seven was seated at a table between a very large party of at least 16 women (who were celebrating a birthday with shots and running around the table constantly taking pictures) and another table of 8 more women who were having a bachelorette dinner. Both groups knew each other, and proceeded to constantly travel between tables - we were caught in the middle. The noise at times made it very difficult to talk amongst ourselves. The service was good and the waitress was friendly but pushed a bit for us to place our order instead of letting us enjoy our cocktails and appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceLoriDined on 7/11/2014Staff was very personable, table outside by the garden was amazing, and the food was incredible. Highly recommend Watermark!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealBpspDined on 7/5/2014The four of us all loved our dinner. Service great, nice atmosphere. Would recommend to anyone looking for a vibrant, fun spot with excellent food. I had scallops and the others had halibut, all very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceBogart56Dined on 7/5/2014Hats off to Watermark, their chefs and staff. Our server Maya was well prepared with special menu for my wife's food allergies. Her service was spectacular. Our evening was another great time and dining experience. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night out on the town.treemonVIPDined on 7/3/2014My mother had asked me to choose a place to dine, before going to the Ryman. The original restaurant called and canceled the reservation, so I needed another quick. My family was to meet that night and I had nothing. The watermark easily accommodated my urgent need of a place to dine. The service was a little slow until I said we had a time table to meet. Then it was quite prompt. The food tasted fabulous, but thethe appetizer portions were rather small, with a party of six needing four or five of them just for a bite or two. Overall I was impressed with atmosphere and the food. The only catch was it was considerably expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary Dinner5125rbhDined on 6/30/2014Our 35th wedding anniversary dinner could not have been better. Atmosphere, food and service were distinctively good, starting with complementary champagne and ending with a complimentary creme brulee - nice touches indeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hits the markFoodieDined on 6/27/2014Had a great meal with friends from the area who had never been to Watermark. Great apps and halibut was perfect. Had an entire room to ourselvesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and atmosphere!janieDined on 6/27/2014We went to Watermark to celebrate a special occasion. The atmosphere was modern, romantic, and quiet. We had the halibut with asparagus and risotto, and the ahi tuna with gumbo and clam, with white wine that our server recommended. They were both delicious, and also very unique! Service was great too.Special Features:
- Roof top diningFabulousDined on 6/25/2014We celebrated our daughter & son-in-law's silver wedding anniversary here. Our son went online to find a gift certificate for us for Christmas last year & picked you. We travel full time in an motor home so this was the first time we were able to use it. Unfortunately we had never heard of it, but it was a beautiful evening for roof top dining. We enjoyed the food, atmosphere & time visiting together. Thank you for the good service.Special Features: