Waterline - Marriott Longwharf
296 State Street
Boston, MA 02109Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Waterline - Marriott Longwharf
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.waterlineboston.com/
- Phone: 6172273838
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday Breakfast 6:30am - 11:30am;
Saturday and Sunday Breakfast 7:00am - 12:00pm;
Monday – Friday Lunch: 11:30 – 2pm;
Saturday and Sunday Lunch: 12:00 - 3PM;
Dinner Daily 5:00 – 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Chaves
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Parties of up to 30 guests can be accommodated.
- Private Party Contact: Courtney Johnson 6172270800
- Special Events: Please visit our website.
A word from Waterline - Marriott Longwharf
Waterline offers up Boston-style comfort foods, perfect for sharing and made from the finest, locally sourced ingredients. Appetizers like housemade chips with Grafton cheddar beer dip, Judith Point lemon calamari and chef’s vast selection of sliders are all great for sharing. More substantial items like our long line tuna, burgers with hand-cut fries, crisp entrée salads and a hearty selection of sandwiches. Local Boston favorites include a top of the line chowder, house made cannolis and a large selection of local microbrews.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Waterline - Marriott Longwharf reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (8)special occasion (3)great for lunch (2)romantic (2)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- DebbieVIPDined on 9/2/2014Clam chowder was hearty, worth trying. Lobster roll was great too!! Beet salad highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good hotel restaurant!MarginallyUsefulVIPDined on 8/27/2014This restaurant in the Marriott Long Wharf hotel has a nice view (for a select few tables ) of the harbor and the overall interior is airy, modern and pleasant. The food is just as good, if not better, with a wide-ranging menu of the usual favorites (salad, burgers, sandwiches, but also the random Indian dish and more innovative appetizers). the prices are quite reasonable, and portions decent without being excessive. The only complaint is that on a recent night the music speakers were turned up WAY too loud. I would definitely return if in the neighborhood.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ServiceJamoncitoDined on 8/21/2014We went for my wife's birthday and had an amazing experience. The service was top notch and they even brought us out a piece of birthday cake without asking. I had the fish of the day and it was spectacular. My wife had the lobster roll which was also great. We were really just wowed by the service overall and would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Best shrimp cocktail!BrooklinerVIPDined on 8/19/2014My friend and I shared the shrimp cocktail app'r -- it was outstanding -- best shrimp and salsa style cocktail sauce we've had in years.Special Features:
- Low Key Fun NightGreatDined on 8/2/2014I brought my future sister-in-law here for a low key bachelorette party. The service was great and the view was amazing. We ordered a few appetizers and drinks. The food was amazing and everyone there was very nice. I would go here again with my husband for a fun night out!Special Features:
- NmazzDined on 7/26/2014My boyfriend and I went here for dinner after a sailing cruise on the harbor. We had a corner booth which was very comfortable and romantic and had a nice view of the water. The food was delicious and they were extremely accomodating of my allergies. They brought my boyfriend a large piece of cake and ice cream for his birthday, and sorbet for myself on the house. Our waitor Barry was so friendly and made our experience!Special Features:
- Consistently goodNorthshoremanDined on 6/12/2014I frequently use Waterline as a place to meet for business. The food is very good and they have the flexibility to make what you are looking for if it is not on the menu. Rob was our waiter this time around and his service was excellent as always. He was very accomodating and attentive with a personable demeanor.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice timeEikoocDined on 6/3/2014I'm a regular and have often commented on how noisy the restaurant can be when large groups are there. On Tuesday evening there were no groups and it was a perfect place to get together with 4 of my former colleagues. It was extremely quiet, allowing us to carry on a conversation without shouting. The service was excellent (Michael always does a good job.) and we had drinks and 4 different appetizers which were tasty and served hot. No rush, relaxing, and just fine. The prices are 'hotel' prices but work for a quick meal.Special Features:
- The following 233 reviews are from the Waterline - Marriott Longwharf reviews archive.
- Much better experienceEikoocDined on 3/11/2014I'm a frequent diner at the Waterline because of its convenience to Rt. 93 and the 2-hour free parking. The food has been secondary but this past experience was so much better and more enjoyable than previous ones. The salad with chicken was a good portion and chicken very fresh. Server Michael is always the best and no one took our plates away before I finished. The price of wine is on the high side but if you're going to spend just two hours in a casual convenient place, go here. And there was no large crowd to make it difficult to speak. Nice evening.Special Features:
- Great view, good foodlauraDined on 1/23/2014I enjoyed Waterline. The view is great, overlooking the harbor. The restaurant itself is nicely decorated. The menu isn't huge, but there are enough choices to be happy - and it's not standard hotel fare, which is a plus. It wasn't the best meal I've ever had, but I had nothing to complain about, and I would return. The prices are a little high to be a regular stop, but for special occasions it's fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel high cost breakfastDineoutVIPDined on 1/11/2014Hotels are becoming notorious for overcharging for breakfast items. $5 for a cup of coffee. Refillable mind you $4 for a glass of juice $15 for pancakes Considering the high volume that the hotels do for breakfast and their bulk low cost for breakfast foods and supplies you would think it would not cost $50 for breakfast for 2 Ahhh but they have a captive audience!!!
- Great small platesLengVIPDined on 11/20/2013Stayed at the Marriott Long Wharf for a business trip and decided to eat here two nights in a row because of the interesting menu and the good food. The second time, I decided to order a bunch of small plates instead of a large dish and I ended up getting the duck carpaccio (amazing), the arancini (delicious) and the french onion soup (tons of flavour and very rich). Servings were fairly large - I could not finish the soup. Good ambiance and quiet, so I was able to relax and just enjoy the meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fresh seafoodLengVIPDined on 11/19/2013Stayed at the Marriott Long Wharf for a business trip and decided to eat at the restaurant on the recommendation of the hotel staff - was not disappointed. Ordered half a dozen raw oysters which were very fresh and sweet. Had the salmon as the main - it was cooked competently but was too salty for my taste (the sauce was made with chorizo which probably added to the saltiness but gave it a very interesting smokey aroma). Overall good experience - so much that I decided to come back the next night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy and quickEikoocDined on 10/9/2013I'm a regular and noticed their drink prices, especially wine, went up quite a bit. I go because it's convenient, 2-hr free parking and easy to get too. Other than that, I probably wouldn't bother as the food is okay but nothing special. And it's often too noisy to enjoy a conversation with a guest. They host a number of corporate cocktail hours there and it's difficult to hear across the table. But go if you need a convenient place to meet a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the burger was great, howeverCDAERDined on 9/21/2013the burger was great, however bacon not cooked, fries were cold. Lobster Bisque was outstanding. will give this another try but diasppointing on this visitSpecial Features:
- Do drop in - Long Wharf diamondBombshellVIPDined on 7/12/2013Paul and Shannon, the bartenders who helped us out during our visit to Boston, were a delight. Do drop in and visit with them and the other staff as they are professional experience and know good food and drink.Special Features:
- How to spend a relaxing afternoonBrooklinerVIPDined on 7/11/2013You don't go to Waterline for fine dining, altho' my classic cheeseburger was one of the best I've ever eaten. Instead, it's the view -- the impeccable but unintrusive service, and the ambiance. What a terrific spot to meet, eat, and chat.Special Features:
- Great food - come in on Long WarfBombshellVIPDined on 7/10/2013Paula, our server on more than one occaison while staying in the hotel, was awesome. She provided comedy, great recommendations, and professional customer service for our late night dinner while we were in town. The food was fantastic -- I must say, the best French Onion Soup I have had almost... ever.Special Features:
- Noisy for dinner conversationEikoocDined on 6/6/2013I go to this restaurant because it's convenient (right off Rt.93) and has two-hour free parking. A glass of wine and a salad still is not cheap. I wouldn't mind if the acoustics were better---even when a huge crowd leaves the bar area it's still difficult to talk across the table. However, if you want a light meal, drinks, and the free parking, then go here.
- New menu choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/30/2013Not only has the dining area been updated, but the menu has been revised to include many well prepared and presented small plates!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The server was very pleasantLocalDinersVIPDined on 5/29/2013The server was very pleasant but overall it was way to expensive for what it was. There are too many other options in the area. My chicken Caesar salad arrived w/out the chicken, that was delivered to the table when I was about finished and we ordered glasses of house reds to find out when the bill arrived they were close to $20 a glass. So 2 salads, 2 glasses of wine and 20% tip ran us over $80. We are locals & we won't be back.
- Just don't go when there'sEikoocDined on 1/29/2013Just don't go when there's a big party in the bar area. You can't escape the noise until they leave. Fortunately the large group left within about 10 minutes of our sitting down. When I first got there, I had to wait and finally walked up to someone to be seated. However, Paula and Michael (wait staff) both do a good job, especially when they're not serving 100s of people.Special Features:
- First time there, stoppedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/20/2012First time there, stopped on way to the airport, food was served fast and was enjoyable. Great place for a quick snack or cocktailSpecial Features:
- I'm a "regular" because it'sEikoocDined on 11/13/2012I'm a "regular" because it's convenient (minutes off of 93)and you have two hours of free valet parking. The choices are somewhat limited but they make good salads and the rolls they served were a big improvement over the previous dining experiences. Prices are on the high side but it's a city hotel. The noise level is too much for me but not much they can do in such an open space.
- Comfortable place to meetBrooklinerVIPDined on 10/23/2012Comfortable place to meet and chat -- service and food are good, not great.Special Features:
- Quick and Easy to FindJerryDined on 9/27/2012This is an OK place to eat, if you get in to town to late to make reservations -- or you're too tired to go "out."Special Features:
- We enjoyed our meal, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/24/2012We enjoyed our meal, service was excellent and they more than tolerated our cranky 2-year old.Special Features:
- Service was much better thanEikoocDined on 9/11/2012Service was much better than in the past because Michael was the server. We never felt rushed and he was attentive and informative. Enjoyed the experience greatly. Also, the table by the window is excellent for a view of the waterfront and park.Special Features:
- Good enough for a quick biteEikoocDined on 8/14/2012Good enough for a quick bite and drinks. Prices for drinks are on the high side. As a local, go there for the convenience of two hour free parking. Just have to watch the clock.
- Charred steak salad was reallyBustahVIPDined on 6/14/2012Charred steak salad was really good. Place was quiet so conversation was easy.Special Features:
- The salads were very good.EikoocDined on 6/12/2012The salads were very good. Prices for a glass of wine were rather high.
- We had a lot of fun here -ptk6660Dined on 6/8/2012We had a lot of fun here - gret drinks, good small plates.
- Good spot if you just wantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2012Good spot if you just want a casual dinner and some good cocktails. More on the expensive side, but the drinks are worth it. Went on a Friday night at 7pm and it was not crowded at all.Special Features:
- Took a group from the officeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/4/2012Took a group from the office for lunch. Reasonable prices and good food. Lovely views.Special Features:
- Waterline was a great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2012Waterline was a great find through Open Table. We enjoyed the food very much and it was perfectly located. It seemed another place that had reasonable prices for their food but got you at the bar, $12 dollars for a glass of wine for a bottle that cost me less than that at the store. I know that there is a mark up on the bar but this seemed a bit high. Besides that the food was good, the matre'd was helpful and very welcoming and the service was great. We would definitely go back when in town.Special Features:
- Nothing special, but convenient.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2012We went to Waterline because it looked nice and we were staying at the hotel. We were hoping for a nice dinner to celebrate our anniversary. The service was fine, and so was the food, but it was nothing special. The bartender made good drinks though, nice a strong most of the time. I would say the food is average and a bit overpriced. I had the Wharf Steak Burger ($14), it was cooked as I asked for it, but it wasn't any better than the $7 equivalent you can get at TGI Fridays. Same with the french fries. They can get away with charging what they do because of view and location I guess. The house made pickles are great though. The music they played was pretty great as well, so that was a bonus.Special Features:
- Very disappointed this timeEikoocDined on 1/31/2012I've been to the Waterline a number of times but this visit was the most disappointing. Although the huge crowd (100+) left after about 15 minutes, the noise level was terrible when I first arrived. My biggest complaint is that they rush you. The server came over at least three times to see if we were ready to order (the restaurant was empty by now) and should have realized we wanted a relaxed evening. I finished my meal before my guest and within 30 seconds my plate was taken away. This is unprofessional and rude. And this same busperson has done this on numerous occasions. And I have complained. It's time the management explains when to remove plates.
- We stayed at the Marriot,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/20/2012We stayed at the Marriot, we just ended up having drinks not dinner, great spot !! Enjoed it.Special Features:
- The hotel's restaurant wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/14/2011The hotel's restaurant was empty on a Monday morning from 7:45 until 10:00 when we arrived for a business breakfast. Asked for a booth but got a table. Inattentive waiter pushed the buffet and had to be chased down through another underworked colleague for coffee. Buffet has many options and is probably fantastic for weekend brunch, but the scrambled eggs and potatoes were cold when we visited. Fruit and baked goods were fine but the toaster did not toast. Not worth the price -- we should have ordered a la carte. We miss the old restaurant.. nothing special about this renovated bar, but we will try again because it is in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Salad with steak and blueBrooklinerVIPDined on 11/2/2011Salad with steak and blue cheese, and veggie burger, were well presented and tasty. A great spot for conversation and a light meal, with a spectacular view.Special Features: