Watercress Bridge Street
365 The Bridge Street NW, Suite 125
Huntsville, AL 35806Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Watercress Bridge Street
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.watercresshsv.com/
- Phone: 2565853265
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, French
- Executive Chef: Adam DeWildt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call for information!
- Private Party Facilities: We have an area for a group of up to 12, as well as a space for 30.
- Private Party Contact: Goodwin Clark 2565853265
- Entertainment: Tuesday Night Jazz nights!
A word from Watercress Bridge Street
Here at Watercress we provide a pleasant and comfortable atmosphere mixed with southern hospitality at its finest. We are conveniently located in the Bridge Street Town Centre, across from Monaco Theater. When you join us for lunch or dinner you will find a nice blend of classic southern dishes with French influences. Come join us with your friends and family for good conversation, great food, and a good time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Watercress Bridge Street reviews from OpenTable diners
- Normally we have very goodSheilaJDined on 3/31/2013Normally we have very good food for dinner here, but Easter Sunday was different... the food was just OK. Was expecting the brunch menu on Sunday, but for some reason they were only offering a few of their brunch selections.Special Features:
- Great food, service and ambience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2013Great food, service and ambience. We really enjoy the specials. This is has become one of our favorite places to eat.Special Features:
- Home Run!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2013Home run!!! Perfect food and service!!! Spoke to the very passionate manager at length. Can,t hunk of a better place in town fow a quiet business dinner or a romantic evening. Super accommodating!! Bravo!!Special Features:
- I decided to get away fromOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2013I decided to get away from downtown after hearing from one my farmer's market friends that they are really involved in local sourcing. I was pleased when I saw "our local farmers and suppliers" listed on the menu. We ate in the booths in the bar and the server, Laura, greeted us warmly and offered us a cocktail from the list that she happened to write. The wine list was small but impressive-- I counted 15 WS top 100 wines spread out thoughtfully on the list-- definitely a place to come back for an impressive coursed dinner. But what sold me was the fresh Snapper-- Chef Andy came by and I complemented him on how fresh his fish was-- he laughed because his fish purveyor was in the building. the fish had been out of the water for two days!!! ISpecial Features:
- expensive but OK placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2013It was a birthday dinner for my daughter and we wanted to have a nice meal. Cocktails were good, apptetizers: green fried tomatoes and pork belly were too salty. As a main dish we got today's special: quail and venison, suft-and -turf and black seabass. Seabass was outstanding with creamy sauce and balanced hints of mushroom, my daugter'- surf and turf was good but nothing spectacular, and my husband's venison was cold and tasteless. Would I go there next time- probably not.Special Features:
- Service was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/22/2013Service was very good. The mixed grill - short ribs were very good and had a very good flavor. However, the quail was bland. Pear salad as a starter was excellent. Wish they would serve more vegetables with their entrees.Special Features:
- Great food, horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The food was here was excellent. The atmosphere was nice as well. However, our waitress was terrible. Given the caliber of this establishment, we did not expect to not be given our pre-dinner rolls and not checked on during our meal or offered drink refills (wine or water). We also waited a considerable amount of time to receive our check. The service here overshadowed any pleasant experience we had that evening.Special Features:
- Grace and steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013Very busy the night we visited and the kitchen was backed up. The dinner took longer than normal but we were checked on often. My filet came out overcooked but they quickly rectified and brought me another that tasted wonderful...one of the best I've had in years. My wife was a little agitated at how long we were there but the service was good and the environment was nice. I will give them grace and definitely will visit again soon because the food was excellent and mistakes happen from time to time.Special Features:
- While sad that we can no longerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/15/2013While sad that we can no longer walk to the downtown Watercress since it closed, we do enjoy getting out to Bridge Street on occasion! Excellent, fresh food; great service; nice accommodations. Always an enjoyable evening!Special Features:
- usually a romantic spot forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013usually a romantic spot for quiet dinner. unfortunately not so on valentines day. way to many bookings too close together, felt rushed. meal was excellent ,as always.Special Features:
- Took my wife to WatercressOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Took my wife to Watercress for Valentines day, had flowers delivered....the menu selection was not good, the resturante was not over packed, so I don't know why the service was so slow, and when we got the main course, it was cold and didn't taste very good. I was very disapointed, between appetizer, it took an hour and 30 minutes to get the cold main course. Overall, we were at the resturante 2.5 hours! The cost was $75 per person, and the gratuity was included (again sorry service), my final bill was over $200! Too much for what we got on the set menu at this establishment! I was pretty upset and don't plan to dine here again, EVER!Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD, TERRIBLE SEATINGOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I am conflicted. I took my wife to dinner here for Valentine's Day last night. The food and overall atmosphere were excellent, but I strongly disapproved of the seating arrangements. We were sat in a raised area behind the bar in nearly cafeteria style seating! Although the narrow tables were technically "separate" there was no more than a foot between them. Now I did not expect to be sat in a quiet secluded corner of the restaurant, I just hoped I would not be elbowed in the ribs when the gentleman to my left reached for his wallet. Again the food was superb as well as the ambiance, the only thing that made me question the quite considerable price was the seating. We will find another location for our romantic occasions in the future.
- Not a romantic Valentine Dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013When the reservation was made, I was unaware the Valentine Menu was a limited special menu at a set price. I made the reservation though Open Table. I wanted my husband to be able to choose from the regular menu. I have been here before with my daughter and it was amazing. Have been trying to get him to go, so I made the pick for our dinner and said I would pay. He was very surprised, then he saw the price. He asked me if I knew that the menu and price was set, and I said no. He wanted to leave, but I did get him to stay. It was very loud and we where squeezed in between other couples who also complained of the tight quarters. Not the romantic place I was looking for. The food was outstanding and I hope I can get my husband to return.Special Features:
- Grouper was excellent withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/2/2013Grouper was excellent with sauce and crayfish. Potatoes were not so hot. Loved the friendly service.Special Features:
- Everything was wonderful!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Everything was wonderful!! Great service and scrumptious food!! We had a party of 4 and everyone raved about their entrees and the appetizers were wonderful too! A little pricey but well worth it!! Not somewhere I could afford to go to every week, but definitely on the occasional date night. I have been a couple times for lunch and their lunch menu it also very pleasing and pricing is reasonable and you get a lot of food.Special Features:
- Very Good Date Night DinnerjlspenceDined on 2/1/2013This was the fourth time we've dined at Watercress at Bridge Street. We made a reservation but found the restaurant to be nearly deserted at our dining time of 5:30. The chef's specials we ordered (snapper and NY steak) were a bit pricey ($38 each)so be sure to ask about the price point before you order. Normally I do but didn't this time. Both entrees were very good but I don't think we'd have ordered either at that price. There are a number of other regular menu items that are equally good for $10 less. The food was very well prepared and plated nicely so all in all a very good "date night" dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent and cheerful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2013Excellent and cheerful service and wonderful food. Difficult to imagine a better dining experience. Best crab cake appetizer in Huntsville and the pear salad with bacon and blue cheese has to be tried to understand how good it is! Perfectly prepared ribeye and my wife's red snapper special was equally excellent. Portion sizes were such that sampling dessert wasn't possible but the choices were numerous and I have no doubt they are of equal excellence.Special Features:
- Avoid the Grilled CheeseSandyVIPDined on 1/28/2013I had a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup. The soup was good but the sandwich was terrible. Could not taste the cheese because of all the bread and it was not hot. Probably worst grilled cheese I have ever had. Come on - grilled cheese is not that hard. Had to ask for drink refills - server was not that attentive. Normally have a great experience but this was not one. Recommend stay away from the grilled cheese.
- Great food and enjoy the JazzOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/22/2013Great food and enjoy the Jazz on Tuesday nights. They have great specials.Special Features:
- everything was great. asOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2013everything was great. as good as any restaurant in bigger cities!Special Features:
- New Year's Eve was DEFINITELYnancyclaireDined on 12/31/2012New Year's Eve was DEFINITELY not the time to go here. It was a 5 course meal that should've taken 1 1/2 hrs., but turned into 3 1/2 hrs. VERY SLOW service,which resulted in cold food. Wine pairings were generally not good. I was very disappointed!! Also, it was freezing cold in the restaurant and they wouldn't turn down the AC. I was miserable the entire time. Then,they added a 20% gratuity,which was about twice as much as it was worth. I will never do these "fixed" dinners again. Oh, and the person who took my reservation said we would be finished in time to go to the symphony. Needless to say, our $45 tickets were wasted!!!! I was way beyond upset!
- Great food & attentive withoutOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2012Great food & attentive without hovering attendants,we just love Watercress.Special Features:
- To receive our food took aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/18/2012To receive our food took a very long time. Our waiter apologized for the long wait but a manager never came by. The chicken sandwich special was too heavily seasoned with blackened spices. A friend had the tomato soup (served luke warm) and grilled cheese that she said tasted very good. I won't go back during a lunch time. Kitchen is too slow. The restaurant has a very nice atmosphere, though. This was on a Tuesday. Maybe faster service on another day.Special Features:
- Awesome Food, Awesome Service.ChadVIPDined on 12/7/2012FANTASTIC Food!!! Great Service!!! Will certainly return. Was a little worried because there were lines out the door of Connors, Red Robin, PF Chang and no wait at Watercress, but it was early and we had reservations so no biggie... This was our first time at this place and we will be back.. Thanks for a FANTASTIC evening!Special Features:
- One of our favorite restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/29/2012One of our favorite restaurants whether it's a fancy dinner out or drinks and appetizers. We have dined here many times and always have a great experience.Special Features:
- Great experience for a groupSandyVIPDined on 11/9/2012Great experience for a group of ladies. Great seats and good food.Special Features:
- A little hard to find butDittyVIPDined on 10/24/2012A little hard to find but worth it. Freindly staff and a great rib eye.Special Features:
- I made a reservation for myOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 10/14/2012I made a reservation for my dad & mum's anniversary & called ahead to ask Mr. Clark to take good care of them. From Jennifer's greeting upon their arrival to the wonderful service by Wade, a visit from the Chef and an amazing meal, they were more than delighted with the entire experience. Mr. Clark allowed me to take care of the bill and I had a copy of the charges within a few hours. It was a flawless process from start to finish. I'm glad we chose Watercress for the occasion.Special Features:
- What a great find!ForestryMomDined on 10/6/2012We were visiting Huntsville for the weekend and found Watercress. Wonderful food and service! Gluten free options too.Special Features:
- Was looking for a nice quietGrumpBucketDined on 10/5/2012Was looking for a nice quiet night out and we had an enjoyable evening. The regular menu had several good selections and the specials were great too.Special Features:
- Southern Fusion DelightAbFabItalianSDVIPDined on 10/4/2012This southern fusion with continental influence is wonderful. Watercress salad and it's dressing we're superb. Great wines too from their "cellar". Excellent customer service too. Their ingredients are fresh and the corn bread with maple butter is ab fab. You'll love this place.Special Features:
- Wonderful service from Chelsea,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2012Wonderful service from Chelsea, nicely varied menu, fresh and creative dishes that were most pleasing to the palate. The martinis were unique and delicious and the special fig salad was a lovely feast for the eyes and taste buds. The atmosphere is an upscale casual one and fits the dining style, service, and type of food my husband and I appreciate. We will be back, for sure.Special Features:
- On a scale of 1-10 we wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012On a scale of 1-10 we would rate this restaurant a 6-7. The starters were very good, the entree's was in the just OK category. My New York strip, the flavor was good but when it came got to our table it was COLD,COLD. The manager took the steak and they warmed it, but it still was just luke warm. I feel that instead of warming that steak they should have served a new cut of meat and served it at the right temperature. They did comp the steak but that is not the point,if I could not afford to dine at a "fine" dining establishment I would chosen a chain style restaurant.Special Features:
- Brunch?drtjDined on 8/26/2012The brunch food was great, the service was great, the ambiance was plain and it was way overpriced.
- Love this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2012We loved Watercress, our new favorite! Service, food, and atmosphere outstanding. Looking forward to our next visit!
- Food and service were outstanding.Coachron13Dined on 8/21/2012Food and service were outstanding. Visited by manager midway through just to ensure everything was good, which it was. Fortunately, weather was nice and we sat outside because there was a band playing inside that would have been very noisy.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable. We've dinedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2012Very enjoyable. We've dined before at the downtown location and at Bridge Street. Always a pleasure.
- This was our first visit,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2012This was our first visit, very early in the evening. We enjoyed the food and the service and will return.
- One of Huntsville's bestBigAl60VIPDined on 8/14/2012One of our local favorites in Huntsville. Great service, excellent menu, and pleasant, comfortable atmosphere. Sunday brunch is always enjoyable and dinners are first rate. Bar is also very nice with interesting, creative cocktail choices, and a nice wine list.Special Features:
- Service, food, and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Service, food, and ambiance were all top-drawer. So incredibly tired of noisy restaurants where the staff breaks into song to celebrate a birthday or some other special event. Watercress was a nice change of pace. I had the pork tenderloin which was exceptional.Special Features: