Water and Wine
141 Stirling Rd
Watchung, NJ 07069Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Water and Wine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.visitwaterandwine.com/
- Phone: 9087559344x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30-3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday 1:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: John Tocci
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: James 9087559344x
A word from Water and Wine
Charming ambience and stunning outdoor views provide the setting to experience our steaks and seafood with Mediterranean flair. We invite you to enjoy our celebrated new American cuisine in this comfortable and elegant atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Water and Wine - Best Restaurants in Watchung ›
Water and Wine reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (101)special occasion (81)romantic (64)fit for foodies (48)neighborhood gem (45)notable wine list (42)good for groups (35)great for lunch (25)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (7)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- consistenly goodrichVIPDined on 10/21/2014I ate here several years ago and for some reason was turned off... Decided to try it again because it was close to my best "friends" house. She said we should try it because it was close. Well this time I was surprised how good it was and have been back several times, and have had great food consistently great service. The portions are great. I haven't tried the wine so I can speak about that part. The views over the pond are nice. Will try it during the winter for lunch I have no problems saying its one of the better restaurants I have eaten at.Special Features:
- Died and Went to Food Heaven!2good2betrueDined on 10/17/2014A yummy time was had by all! I had the salmon from the "Prix Fixe" menu with the mushroom appetizer. It was fabulous! The raspberry bread pudding was sumptuous. Our waiter responded to our every request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rehearsal DinnerJaymzDined on 10/11/2014My fiancee and I went with my parents to try Water and Wine as a possible place to have our rehearsal dinner next year. We wanted to see the ambiance, service, food, and view. The decision was made very easily. Ambiance and service were great. Our server made the night fun while him and the rest of the staff were very attentive to our needs. Ambiance was peaceful, quiet, had a upscale look and feel, and a place to have a very nice dining experience at. The food was very well prepared. Everything was cooked perfect, from my fiancee's scallops to my father's perfectly seared rare tuna. The food is reasonably priced for the quality you will receive. I would definitely recommend Water and Wine to anyone looking for an very nice night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeirdreVIPDined on 10/9/2014We had a wonderful dinner in our FAVORITE restaurant! The staff, food and view were perfect.Special Features:
- arleneDined on 10/8/2014A delightful dining experience ....a glass of wine, a beautiful sunset on the lake, and great food!Special Features:
- Great all aroundMrsOTUDined on 10/4/2014Friendly, attentive service. Not inexpensive, but excellent food with large portions. Best crab cakes ever. Service is always attentive and friendly, yet professional. The only thing that disappointed me was that there were no seasonal (fall) influences/ingredients on the menu. I thought maybe there would be a seasonal cocktail or dessert, at least. But other than that, great! Carlos was our waiter and he was a gem.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food and ServiceJoy33Dined on 10/3/2014This was my first time at Wine and Water with a group celebrating a special occasion. Will definitely be back. The service was exceptional - menu was great for both foodies and hamburger afficianados. Loved the view. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Water and WineKathyvDined on 10/2/2014We had a great experience. The food, wine and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchchefedDined on 9/30/2014Had a shrimp and scallop salad with a mango dressing. Very tasty though the dressing could have used a little more zip. The shrimp and scallops were perfectly cooked and delicious and the portion was large and very filling. I have written numerous positive reviews about W&W. It is a local favorite and worth a trip from wherever you live.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!! We love it!!!SandraQDined on 9/28/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants, the food is fantastic, delicious, special, heaven! the service is really really good, every one so friendly! We love this place. The view is wonderful!! I can't wait to go again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....The only thing is that they need a Brunch menu for SundaysSpecial Features:
- Good Deal and fabulous service.WhatabiteDined on 9/17/2014This is a place where they pay attention to detail including the diner. The service is great and the food is even better. The wine list is extensive and the servers are able to give very good guidance to make a selection. The ambience is above average and the restaurant makes every effort to make sure that nothing interferes with the dinning experience. The price is mid-tiered and you get a lot of "bang for your bucks".Special Features:
- great eveningMichelle612VIPDined on 9/13/2014This was our first time to Water and Wine, and it was absolutley lovely. Unfortunately it was a rainy Saturday evening so we were unable to enjoy the wonderful view of the lake. But the evening was wonderful!! The food was fabulous, the restaurant is pretty and relatively quiet, and our waiter Carlos was very attentative. We look forward to dinners with family and friends at Water and Wine in the future. A new local favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChuckandrobertaDined on 9/13/2014It's our new favorite restaurant since the first visit 2 months ago. We've taken all our friends since.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique meal and impeccable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014What a terrific place for date night! Our first visit Saturday evening and we will definitely return. The service was truly top notch - from the greeting at the door to the servers and wait staff. Attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable without being intrusive. The food was magnificent. Each course was well prepared and delicious, but the best part was each was unexpectedly unique. The Jersey tomato salad was refreshing, the filet cooked to perfection, and the peanut butter dome was a decadent treat. The ambiance was romantic with plenty of room between tables, elegant settings and scenic views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Karl GrossmannGreatimeDined on 9/13/2014Been at this restaurant many time. Food and service are always very good. My wife and I list this place as one of our favorites. However we have notice that the dress requirements are dropping, and it concerns us. We do not thick it should be shirt and tie; but a T-shirt is not good. Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014We tried Water and Wine for the first time Sat night. I thought it was a "upscale" restaurant but, turns out it is very casual with most of the guys in jeans. I had requested a table by the window which we got but, unfortunately they put us right by a very noisy table of eight. We couldn't have a conversation. When we complained about the table, they moved us immediately to a much quieter table. We found the service to be excellent, the food was great and our server was professional and did a great job to be sure that we were pleased after our rocky start to the evening. My only suggestion would be to make sure that the large groups are placed in an isolated part of the restaurant and not right in the middle. We will try it again.
- Nice placeMaryDined on 9/12/2014Went here for an intimate birthday dinner. Was not disappointed. The staff was excellent. The food was good. I would definitely return to try some of the other dishes on the menu.Special Features:
- Excellent, as usualCmmcgu1Dined on 9/7/2014This has become one of my favorite local restaurants. The food, drinks, service and view were all outstanding, as per the norm I've come to expect from them. Seafood is always so fresh. It has a nice ambience, but many of the other guests squelch it with their shorts and sneakers attire. I know W&W can't control what people wear, but really, is wearing a pair of Dockers so hard??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Eats...DatenightDined on 9/6/2014Food was great & tasty!! They even had my beloved Bellini's to drink. The wait staff was good and helped us with the choices of the many different dishes they had on the menu. We had a rearly nice date night!! The only thing that could be worked on is the decor. It's a little bland. Needs a little colorSpecial Features:
- Perfect for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014The service was great and the food was wonderful. I chose this restaurant for an anniversary dinner and it did not disappoint. We were seated at the perfect table with a view of the lake. The food was exceptional and the staff was very attentive. I will definitely return and would recommend this restaurant to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014We went her on a whim because we are having out rehearsal dinner at the end of the month. We are so glad to come back with all of our family and friends for a memorable night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014I was very impressed by the website which presented this restaurant as hip and contemporary. We found the bar room very attractive. The dining room, however, had a senior citizen vibe (not that there's anything wrong with seniors!). It needed some pzazz as far as decor. We did like that the tables were nicely separated from each other and we could speak in conversational tones to each other rather than yell to be heard which is common in many restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!SonalVIPDined on 8/29/2014As always, Water and Wine didn't disappoint. Fabulous food, impeccable service and great lunch options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical space for great food & winearleneDined on 8/26/2014I love going to Water & Wine for its ambiance, great food and wine and well-trained wait staff. The maitre d' is adorable and very accommodating to requests and for special occasions.Special Features:
- FantasticOllieDined on 8/26/2014I have taken friends there before and never disappointed. Their pre fix luncheon is outstanding and at a very reasonable price. Also, we enjoy dinner there. The service is impeccable and also the food. Lovely and relaxing view by the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great eveningbirdsthewordVIPDined on 8/23/2014Food and service were outstanding, a great selection of wines as well. Get a table by the window and enjoy the view. We love this restaurant as well as La Griglia (same owners, same menu ). We have tried most everything on the menu. Once you have tried the dining experience at either restaurant, it will certainly become your benchmark for what a fabulous restaurant should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the $luckyguyDined on 8/23/2014Spectacular service and excellent food! My wife and I drive past this place all the time and finally decided to go for dinner. Now we understand why it seems to always be packed. A little pricy if you're on a budget, but money well spent if you can afford it. One of my new favorite places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Ambiancefoodie11Dined on 8/20/2014This is definitely a first date or special occasion place. It's really nice and spacious indoors. We had a table by the window. It's valet parking only however there is no set price. It's a place you want to go when you want to impress someone or feel like royalty.Special Features:
- Food OK, decor not OKhgoldDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant has a very nice location, right at the edge of a small lake. It has nice big picture windows which allow you to take in the whole scene. The menu choices are variations that are interesting. The food quality is very good. There is an extensive wine list with a wide variety of prices. The only drawback is the decor - it is old, musty, and needs serious updating. The dining room is a plain big rectangle with little decorations and very bland.Special Features:
- No ChangechefedDined on 8/20/2014My review hasn't changed since my last review two weeks ago or any of the others before that. So what can I say that I haven't already said. WW has a great bread basket, really. They also put out a tray with olives, butter and herbed olive oil, also delicious. They have Valet parking. The valets are always very nice and treat my car well. James, the principal Maitre'd, who I think is a part owner, is a gracious host who will know your name after a couple of visits. I usually see people I know at the restaurant and many repeat diners. That says something about the place. For more, look at my past reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I found this sooner!amboDined on 8/19/2014Me and my wife went here for our anniversary this year. We needed to find a new place since our prior location closed down on us and boy did we strike gold! From the moment we pulled up our experience was top notch. Valet was pleasant and we were greeted at the door and treated like royalty. The food was absolutely to die for. The stuffed mushrooms are still on my palette (3 days later!). The aged rib eye was astounding and cooked to perfection as well. My wife's short ribs were just simply perfect. If you're looking for a relaxing, special evening out, do not skip out on this gem!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014Great food and service. Appetizers, main course, and desert were excellent. Great wine selection.Special Features:
- Food is Always DeliciousvidaliaVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great meal. Appetizers included the meatballs and three different various. All were extremely tasty and perfectly prepared. The service was generally attentive and perfect. As the restaurant got busy, our waiter forgot to come back for wine orders with dinner, but this was remedied once the waiter was found. Dinners included the rib eye steak, scallops, alaskan cod and the veal Milanese. Each one of us enjoyed our meals immensely. The view, even from the second row of tables was beautiful and added to the ambiance of the evening.Special Features:
- 5 Stars All AroundHappyDinerDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food, beautiful scenic view, exceptional service, fantastic evening. No complaints at all. Thank you.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014water and wine is a great restaurant overall, the staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs. Very wise to add the fixed price menu, because without it, the ala carte prices make it more difficult to recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarsVIPDined on 8/15/2014I got the pre fixed dinner which was excellent...filet mignon was tender. My friend as well was pleased with her dish. Very good portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodPd24Dined on 8/10/2014Red snapper with spinach and roasted garlic was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AgainchefedDined on 8/9/2014We have dined here many times and are never disappointed. More importantly, they always go out of their way to make us feel like old friends and amaze us by accommodating any special requests we may have. From the moment you pull up and are greeted by the friendly valets, you know you are in for a great evening. I could talk about the good food, great ambiance and views, the terrific service and the large portions, but I have done that all before. If you want a great night out, then this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Watchung's NuggetMaggieDined on 8/6/2014Whoever trained their staff in the art of customer service, deserves a medal! They are always cordial & accommodating, from the valet gentleman to the bus-boys & servers. Imaginative menu items & presentations. It can get noisy when they are at capacity. Tip: arrive early!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Romantic venue!!mistervVIPDined on 8/2/2014was there many times when it was Werners Lake Edge for german cuisine......started at the bar with a great wine list by the glass and the bartender made some suggestions for dinner....then everthing was great afterwards....get the window table for a great lake view at nightSpecial Features: