Water and Wine
141 Stirling Rd
Watchung, NJ 07069Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Water and Wine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.visitwaterandwine.com/
- Phone: (908) 755-9344
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30-3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday 1:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: John Tocci
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: James 9087559344x
A word from Water and Wine
Charming ambience and stunning outdoor views provide the setting to experience our steaks and seafood with Mediterranean flair. We invite you to enjoy our celebrated new American cuisine in this comfortable and elegant atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Water and Wine - Best Restaurants in Watchung ›
Water and Wine reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (94)special occasion (90)romantic (70)fit for foodies (61)notable wine list (53)neighborhood gem (51)good for groups (39)great for lunch (22)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent food and serviceRich53Dined on 11/18/2014Tremendous service, warm cozy setting, can't go wrong menu, and a truly outstanding selection of wines make this a must go to restaurant. A little pricey for the casual diner but for a special occasion it ranks among the best in the area. The only quibble was the no option valet parking on a Tuesday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and the owner on top of everything!Tango1Dined on 11/14/2014Excellent food and the owner creed you at the door step, that's nice. Steaks are grill to my choose! I would like a personal bartender area set up in dinning area for quicker service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond excellence food waiter and ambianceJamsDined on 11/14/2014The only restaurant in the world that exceeds our expectationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, uneven serviceMarynjDined on 11/12/2014I was almost the last of our group to arrive and my colleagues told me that when they arrived they were told there was no reservation in either my name or the company name. That did not go over well. Once seated the service was very erratic All in all the food was good but the service left a bad taste in their mouths. The valet however was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pattidoodleDined on 11/9/2014Rita our server was terrific, very attentive and did not rush us. What can you say about the food? DELISHIOUS, PLENTIFUL and good variety. Recommend all the time. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/8/2014Food was fantastic and the service was exceptional. The view of the lake was so nice. Make sure you get a window seat.Special Features:
- Decent but not ManhattanPhoodophileDined on 11/8/2014Appetizers lacked (calamari and crabcake) but main course and dessert were good.Special Features:
- Oh what a night....Debbie1021Dined on 11/7/2014This was our return visit and exceeded our expectations. The food was fantastic. Our waiter was so knowledgeable and made special suggestions for wine with our dinner.Special Features:
- MY NEW FAVORITE LOCAL SPOTRitzVIPDined on 11/1/2014This was our first dining experience at Water and Wine and we can't wait to go back. I had found this restaurant on Open Table and read the reviews and it was marvelous. Will was our waiter and couldn't have been nicer. We enjoyed the very fresh oysters, the carpaccio with truffle oil, the rib eye with the truffle fries and the whole lobster stuffed with crabmeat. For dessert we shared the peanut butter dome. All was wonderful. I am a foodie at heart and totally appreciate wonderful food and a great presentation. This place hit it on all spots. Valet Parking, coat check, wonderful service, awesome food and a nice ambiance. The cocktail pours were more generous than most places we have visisted. We will be back.Special Features:
- great find...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Never noticed water and wine b4. We live in bridgewater. Food was excellent. Reasonably priced. Definitely worth the trip. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to dine.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Upon arrival everyone from the coat check person to the bartender to the waiter very engaging and helpful. I loved this experience. The food was excellent. Each course had a unique offering. I will make this a regular place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodpaulshenDined on 10/31/2014View of the lake was great especially if you can get a window table. Service was good and the food was decent. Not the best meal I have ever had at that price, but it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Ladybug412Dined on 10/26/2014Walking in we were greeted immediately by the friendly staff. When shown to our table our waiter, Sunny, immediately came over and introduced himself. He was very helpful and accommodating. The food was excellent!! Everything we had was cooked to perfection. Our waiter though made our night even more enjoyable. We will definitely go back and request Sunny as our waiter. There was only one drawback and that was the valet parking. I'm sure it's necessary for the parking lot there but I would rather park my own car.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteSaturdaysVIPDined on 10/26/2014Water and Wine is one of those places where one wishes the food and the service will never end. All the servers continue to go out of their way to make sure their customers are satisfied. The food is outstanding! Every dinner blends flavors that melt in your mouth. Water and Wine is a keeper on our list!Special Features:
- Very Good MealjdnjDined on 10/26/2014Have been to the restaurant many times and always leaver happy. Food is very good, wide selection on the wine list and good service. Can't go wrong dining here.Special Features:
- Great findMyLardyDadDined on 10/25/2014Service was friendly and very good. Food was very tasty with nice sized portions. Will definitely be going back and would recommend as a great place for groups, couples and families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/24/2014Warm, comfortable ambience. The veal ossobuco was fork tender. The pairing wine recommended by the waiter was a great match to the dish. Service was friendly, attentive, and helpful with suggestions. Would definitely return to try something else off the menu.Special Features:
- Great findBeemer750Dined on 10/23/2014We have eaten here a number of times after hearing about it from someone. The food has always been great the views are beautiful and the service good with the people friendly.Special Features:
- consistenly goodrichVIPDined on 10/21/2014I ate here several years ago and for some reason was turned off... Decided to try it again because it was close to my best "friends" house. She said we should try it because it was close. Well this time I was surprised how good it was and have been back several times, and have had great food consistently great service. The portions are great. I haven't tried the wine so I can speak about that part. The views over the pond are nice. Will try it during the winter for lunch I have no problems saying its one of the better restaurants I have eaten at.Special Features:
- Died and Went to Food Heaven!2good2betrueDined on 10/17/2014A yummy time was had by all! I had the salmon from the "Prix Fixe" menu with the mushroom appetizer. It was fabulous! The raspberry bread pudding was sumptuous. Our waiter responded to our every request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rehearsal DinnerJaymzDined on 10/11/2014My fiancee and I went with my parents to try Water and Wine as a possible place to have our rehearsal dinner next year. We wanted to see the ambiance, service, food, and view. The decision was made very easily. Ambiance and service were great. Our server made the night fun while him and the rest of the staff were very attentive to our needs. Ambiance was peaceful, quiet, had a upscale look and feel, and a place to have a very nice dining experience at. The food was very well prepared. Everything was cooked perfect, from my fiancee's scallops to my father's perfectly seared rare tuna. The food is reasonably priced for the quality you will receive. I would definitely recommend Water and Wine to anyone looking for an very nice night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeirdreVIPDined on 10/9/2014We had a wonderful dinner in our FAVORITE restaurant! The staff, food and view were perfect.Special Features:
- arleneDined on 10/8/2014A delightful dining experience ....a glass of wine, a beautiful sunset on the lake, and great food!Special Features:
- Great all aroundMrsOTUDined on 10/4/2014Friendly, attentive service. Not inexpensive, but excellent food with large portions. Best crab cakes ever. Service is always attentive and friendly, yet professional. The only thing that disappointed me was that there were no seasonal (fall) influences/ingredients on the menu. I thought maybe there would be a seasonal cocktail or dessert, at least. But other than that, great! Carlos was our waiter and he was a gem.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food and ServiceJoy33Dined on 10/3/2014This was my first time at Wine and Water with a group celebrating a special occasion. Will definitely be back. The service was exceptional - menu was great for both foodies and hamburger afficianados. Loved the view. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Water and WineKathyvDined on 10/2/2014We had a great experience. The food, wine and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchchefedDined on 9/30/2014Had a shrimp and scallop salad with a mango dressing. Very tasty though the dressing could have used a little more zip. The shrimp and scallops were perfectly cooked and delicious and the portion was large and very filling. I have written numerous positive reviews about W&W. It is a local favorite and worth a trip from wherever you live.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!! We love it!!!SandraQDined on 9/28/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants, the food is fantastic, delicious, special, heaven! the service is really really good, every one so friendly! We love this place. The view is wonderful!! I can't wait to go again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....The only thing is that they need a Brunch menu for SundaysSpecial Features:
- FoodMavenVIPDined on 9/26/2014Water and Wine is one of those places you find by word of mouth. The food, service and ambiance all make it a special place. The menu is varied with some pastas, great fish and seafood dishes along with excellent steaks. They offer a well-priced prix fixe on weekdays (including Fridays). If what you what is on that menu, it's well worth it--they don't skimp on portions. The wine list is varied with some reasonably-priced wines both by the glass and by the bottle. It's really nice to have a place like this in the neighborhood!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Deal and fabulous service.WhatabiteDined on 9/17/2014This is a place where they pay attention to detail including the diner. The service is great and the food is even better. The wine list is extensive and the servers are able to give very good guidance to make a selection. The ambience is above average and the restaurant makes every effort to make sure that nothing interferes with the dinning experience. The price is mid-tiered and you get a lot of "bang for your bucks".Special Features:
- great eveningMichelle612VIPDined on 9/13/2014This was our first time to Water and Wine, and it was absolutley lovely. Unfortunately it was a rainy Saturday evening so we were unable to enjoy the wonderful view of the lake. But the evening was wonderful!! The food was fabulous, the restaurant is pretty and relatively quiet, and our waiter Carlos was very attentative. We look forward to dinners with family and friends at Water and Wine in the future. A new local favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChuckandrobertaDined on 9/13/2014It's our new favorite restaurant since the first visit 2 months ago. We've taken all our friends since.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique meal and impeccable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014What a terrific place for date night! Our first visit Saturday evening and we will definitely return. The service was truly top notch - from the greeting at the door to the servers and wait staff. Attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable without being intrusive. The food was magnificent. Each course was well prepared and delicious, but the best part was each was unexpectedly unique. The Jersey tomato salad was refreshing, the filet cooked to perfection, and the peanut butter dome was a decadent treat. The ambiance was romantic with plenty of room between tables, elegant settings and scenic views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Karl GrossmannGreatimeDined on 9/13/2014Been at this restaurant many time. Food and service are always very good. My wife and I list this place as one of our favorites. However we have notice that the dress requirements are dropping, and it concerns us. We do not thick it should be shirt and tie; but a T-shirt is not good. Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014We tried Water and Wine for the first time Sat night. I thought it was a "upscale" restaurant but, turns out it is very casual with most of the guys in jeans. I had requested a table by the window which we got but, unfortunately they put us right by a very noisy table of eight. We couldn't have a conversation. When we complained about the table, they moved us immediately to a much quieter table. We found the service to be excellent, the food was great and our server was professional and did a great job to be sure that we were pleased after our rocky start to the evening. My only suggestion would be to make sure that the large groups are placed in an isolated part of the restaurant and not right in the middle. We will try it again.
- Nice placeMaryDined on 9/12/2014Went here for an intimate birthday dinner. Was not disappointed. The staff was excellent. The food was good. I would definitely return to try some of the other dishes on the menu.Special Features:
- Excellent, as usualCmmcgu1Dined on 9/7/2014This has become one of my favorite local restaurants. The food, drinks, service and view were all outstanding, as per the norm I've come to expect from them. Seafood is always so fresh. It has a nice ambience, but many of the other guests squelch it with their shorts and sneakers attire. I know W&W can't control what people wear, but really, is wearing a pair of Dockers so hard??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Eats...DatenightDined on 9/6/2014Food was great & tasty!! They even had my beloved Bellini's to drink. The wait staff was good and helped us with the choices of the many different dishes they had on the menu. We had a rearly nice date night!! The only thing that could be worked on is the decor. It's a little bland. Needs a little colorSpecial Features:
- Perfect for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014The service was great and the food was wonderful. I chose this restaurant for an anniversary dinner and it did not disappoint. We were seated at the perfect table with a view of the lake. The food was exceptional and the staff was very attentive. I will definitely return and would recommend this restaurant to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014We went her on a whim because we are having out rehearsal dinner at the end of the month. We are so glad to come back with all of our family and friends for a memorable night.Special Features: