Water and Wine
141 Stirling Rd
Watchung, NJ 07069Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Water and Wine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.visitwaterandwine.com/
- Phone: 9087559344x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30-3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday 1:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: John Tocci
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: James 9087559344x
A word from Water and Wine
Charming ambience and stunning outdoor views provide the setting to experience our steaks and seafood with Mediterranean flair. We invite you to enjoy our celebrated new American cuisine in this comfortable and elegant atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Water and Wine - Best Restaurants in Watchung ›
Water and Wine reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (102)special occasion (81)romantic (69)neighborhood gem (49)notable wine list (46)fit for foodies (46)good for groups (38)great for lunch (20)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (10)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Fabulous food!SonalVIPDined on 8/29/2014As always, Water and Wine didn't disappoint. Fabulous food, impeccable service and great lunch options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical space for great food & winearleneDined on 8/26/2014I love going to Water & Wine for its ambiance, great food and wine and well-trained wait staff. The maitre d' is adorable and very accommodating to requests and for special occasions.Special Features:
- FantasticOllieDined on 8/26/2014I have taken friends there before and never disappointed. Their pre fix luncheon is outstanding and at a very reasonable price. Also, we enjoy dinner there. The service is impeccable and also the food. Lovely and relaxing view by the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great eveningbirdsthewordVIPDined on 8/23/2014Food and service were outstanding, a great selection of wines as well. Get a table by the window and enjoy the view. We love this restaurant as well as La Griglia (same owners, same menu ). We have tried most everything on the menu. Once you have tried the dining experience at either restaurant, it will certainly become your benchmark for what a fabulous restaurant should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the $luckyguyDined on 8/23/2014Spectacular service and excellent food! My wife and I drive past this place all the time and finally decided to go for dinner. Now we understand why it seems to always be packed. A little pricy if you're on a budget, but money well spent if you can afford it. One of my new favorite places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Ambiancefoodie11Dined on 8/20/2014This is definitely a first date or special occasion place. It's really nice and spacious indoors. We had a table by the window. It's valet parking only however there is no set price. It's a place you want to go when you want to impress someone or feel like royalty.Special Features:
- Food OK, decor not OKhgoldDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant has a very nice location, right at the edge of a small lake. It has nice big picture windows which allow you to take in the whole scene. The menu choices are variations that are interesting. The food quality is very good. There is an extensive wine list with a wide variety of prices. The only drawback is the decor - it is old, musty, and needs serious updating. The dining room is a plain big rectangle with little decorations and very bland.Special Features:
- No ChangechefedDined on 8/20/2014My review hasn't changed since my last review two weeks ago or any of the others before that. So what can I say that I haven't already said. WW has a great bread basket, really. They also put out a tray with olives, butter and herbed olive oil, also delicious. They have Valet parking. The valets are always very nice and treat my car well. James, the principal Maitre'd, who I think is a part owner, is a gracious host who will know your name after a couple of visits. I usually see people I know at the restaurant and many repeat diners. That says something about the place. For more, look at my past reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I found this sooner!amboDined on 8/19/2014Me and my wife went here for our anniversary this year. We needed to find a new place since our prior location closed down on us and boy did we strike gold! From the moment we pulled up our experience was top notch. Valet was pleasant and we were greeted at the door and treated like royalty. The food was absolutely to die for. The stuffed mushrooms are still on my palette (3 days later!). The aged rib eye was astounding and cooked to perfection as well. My wife's short ribs were just simply perfect. If you're looking for a relaxing, special evening out, do not skip out on this gem!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014Great food and service. Appetizers, main course, and desert were excellent. Great wine selection.Special Features:
- Food is Always DeliciousvidaliaVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great meal. Appetizers included the meatballs and three different various. All were extremely tasty and perfectly prepared. The service was generally attentive and perfect. As the restaurant got busy, our waiter forgot to come back for wine orders with dinner, but this was remedied once the waiter was found. Dinners included the rib eye steak, scallops, alaskan cod and the veal Milanese. Each one of us enjoyed our meals immensely. The view, even from the second row of tables was beautiful and added to the ambiance of the evening.Special Features:
- 5 Stars All AroundHappyDinerDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food, beautiful scenic view, exceptional service, fantastic evening. No complaints at all. Thank you.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014water and wine is a great restaurant overall, the staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs. Very wise to add the fixed price menu, because without it, the ala carte prices make it more difficult to recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarsDined on 8/15/2014I got the pre fixed dinner which was excellent...filet mignon was tender. My friend as well was pleased with her dish. Very good portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodPd24Dined on 8/10/2014Red snapper with spinach and roasted garlic was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AgainchefedDined on 8/9/2014We have dined here many times and are never disappointed. More importantly, they always go out of their way to make us feel like old friends and amaze us by accommodating any special requests we may have. From the moment you pull up and are greeted by the friendly valets, you know you are in for a great evening. I could talk about the good food, great ambiance and views, the terrific service and the large portions, but I have done that all before. If you want a great night out, then this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Great Romantic venue!!mistervVIPDined on 8/2/2014was there many times when it was Werners Lake Edge for german cuisine......started at the bar with a great wine list by the glass and the bartender made some suggestions for dinner....then everthing was great afterwards....get the window table for a great lake view at nightSpecial Features:
- Love itSandraQDined on 8/2/2014We always go there to celebrate our anniversary. Excellente food, wine, coctels and service.Special Features:
- Great experiencecentralNJdinerDined on 8/1/2014Went for anniversary dinner and had a really great experience. Very friendly and warm staff from the entrance until the dessert... which we didn't even order but was given. Great quality food and cooked perfectly. Love the menu which has everything you want in an upscale bistro and great options throughout. Can't wait to get the chance to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvspecialplacesDined on 7/31/2014We celebrated our adult son's birthday - we thought the lakeside view would be something special and it certainly was. Wine & Water had been recommended by a friend and how lucky were we that we were able to have a window table. The food was excellent, all four of us were very pleased with our selections & service was outstanding. We hoped it would be memorable and it certainly was that. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great date night spotSECB18VIPDined on 7/27/2014We've been to WW before and it didn't disappoint! We went on a Sunday night so much quieter but still full. Note they only have valet parking b/c the lot is small- didn't bother us. Great service & a lovely cocktail/wine list. Peach martini was deliciously refreshing. We did the price fix & the crab stuffed mushrooms were heaven. Red snapper over potatoe cake was perfectly cooked and tasty and the truffle fries are a MUST as a side (plenty to share with 2-3 people). For dessert we has the chocolate ganache and cheesecake (each price fix gets a dessert) & both were tasty and not too big of a portion. Great view over the lake which rounded out the evening. We were one of the later res at 8pm and appreciated they didn't rush us out at the end!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCmmcgu1Dined on 7/27/2014This was our first time at Water and Wine; we went to celebrate a birthday. It was all-around excellent. Nice view of the lake. The waiter was friendly and available, but didn't hover or rush us. Food was incredible. I had crab cake app and diver scallops - very fresh seafood was served. Husband had the Porterhouse, which was big enough to share. Salads were also huge and big enough to share. Only minor gripe was the ambience. Restaurant and staff were done nice, but lots of people ignored the dress code and opted for all but beachwear (I know restaurant really has no control over this). It's a really nice place, so it would be nice if people were respectful of that. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but...MrsOTUDined on 7/27/2014Food remains good, portions are large. Server was friendly, but not polished as the one we had last time. When asked what kind of potato came with short ribs, he responded "it's just a bunch of potatoes on the side." Other issue is that when the server discussed the specials or described a particular dish he spoke so fast, could barely be understood, let alone allow you to retain anything just said. Especially to senior citizens. My parents had no idea what he was saying. This is the second time there has been a complete fail on dessert. Last time, bread pudding hard & dry, this time, chocolate tart soupy mess. Thin chocolate liquid sitting a a pastry shell. As soon as you cut into it, all of it just oozed out of the shell. Just a mess.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSasha13Dined on 7/26/2014The waiter and manager were great (friendly and inviting). They made us feel very comfortable and ensured that our evening was special. Loved gazing out at the pond. It was a little noisy as many families come to enjoy special events but that never took away from the ambiance. Appetizers and dessert were spectacular (cajun calamari was a different taste that was unique and pleasing and the shrimp cocktail was so fresh). Dessert was to die for (we are both chocoholics and Water and Wine did not disappoint). I loved my dinner (boneless short ribs) so tender but my husband stated that his lobster spaghetti was a little bland so that is why I gave the food a "good" rating. All in all...I will absolutely be back again.Special Features:
- Turned offPassion4cuisineDined on 7/25/2014Restaurant in a great location with special views of a lake. Staff very friendly and effective, food varied from very good to average. Liked the menu and wine list, hated the smell of the dining room, probably because of the old carpet. A turn off.Special Features:
- Great, as usualkengoDined on 7/24/2014Water and Wine consistently provides a fine dining experience with excellent food and wonderful service. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatchefedDined on 7/23/2014Water and Wine is a favorite of my wife and me and many of our friends. I have written numerous reviews, all good, and this one is no different. Aside from the terrific food, ambiance, view and service, the restaurant leadership is very accommodating. If it's not on the menu and they can prepare a special request, they will do it. All I can say is go. You will be very happy and probably run into me there. If you do, feel free to thank me for the recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, very accomodatingCoopDined on 7/22/2014We requested a table overlooking the lake although their website indicates that they may or may not be able to accommodate the request. We were running late and called to let them know that we would be there a half hour later than our reservation. When we finally arrived our lakeside table was ready and waiting for us, a splendid surprise. Our waiter could not have been nicer or more professional.We asked to share the Mesclun field Greens salad with goat cheese and they split it for us with an appealing presentation. For the main course, my Rack of lamb was cooked to perfection as was my date's Ahi Tuna. We shared a wonderful bottle of Cabernet and finished by splitting the Creme Brulee. I reccommend this restaurant highly. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2014service and food was very good - generous pours of wine! Scallops were seared perfectly, lamb chops tender, Ahi Tuna seared rare and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing eveningJagrVIPDined on 7/20/2014When we were shown to our table we told the host it was very cold. He responded, "yes it is"and walked away. We ordered clams on the 1/2 shell as an appetizer. When the waiter placed the clams on the table, he knocked a piece of bread onto the clams. With his bare hands he took the wet piece of bread and placed it back into the bread basket. We had to tell him to remove not only the bread but the whole basket. The food was good and we asked to have the leftovers wrapped and brought to us to take home. They were never brought to our table and we left anxious to get out of the frigid air. We have been to this restaurant before and were pleased. We will not be rushing back.Special Features:
- Really Good ExperienceericaDined on 7/19/2014The diver scallop and crab cake appetizers were outstanding. The short ribs were very good. The steak was seasoned wonderfully and cooked exactly as I asked, but was somewhat fatty. I would have liked an additional choice of a brand of prosecco. Being by the window with a view of the lake was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime elegance of foodSaturdaysDined on 7/13/2014Water and Wine is our escape to the "super fine" dining experience! The atmosphere is fantastic, where one can sit and watch the lake with it's peaceful demeanor. The food is well beyond fantastic! Each dish is specially prepared with a special touch for a combination of harmonic flavors! I'm a salmon lover and their salmon dish is beyond delicious. The service is attentive, personable and friendly - a true compliment to everything else good about Water and Wine!Special Features:
- Better then expectedMrsOTUDined on 7/12/2014After reading mixed reviews we were expecting this place to be so-so. We were pleasantly surprised. The service was excellent in every way, the food was delicious and perfectly cooked. The only little flaw I experienced was the awful chocolate bread pudding for dessert. It was hard and dense (not in a good way). Proper bread pudding should be light and fluffy, with a very slight custardy consistency. I needed a saw to get through this one. Other than that---it was great!Special Features:
- Consistently the best!wotanDined on 7/10/2014I live just up the street and have been going here for years and the food is always very good and portions are abundant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlliDined on 7/10/2014The first sandwich on the menu with Panko crushed mozzarella cheese, prosciutto, roasted peppers, and olive oil is one of the best meals I have ever had!!!! Went with my friend for my birthday and we were incredibly satisfied with the service. We even came in 10 mins until the kitchen was closing and they didn't turn us away or rush us. So good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TcwulffDined on 7/1/2014Decent place a little noisy. Strange thing : they would not do my steak black and blue akapittsburgh. Rare inside charred outside. I've worked in,owned and eaten in restaurants for 40+years and never heard that before Waiter was apologetic and said he would do his best(steak was just slightly overdone with a good not great crust)found it odd in a place that features steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatchefedDined on 7/1/2014I have reviewed W&W many times and the restaurant remains outstanding on each visit.Special Features:
- OllieDined on 7/1/2014Food was excellent. Lovely view, and our table was right by the window. Service was also excellent. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lakeside Spot Hits and MissesPianomanDined on 6/28/2014Overall food was good and service was efficient. Pappardelle with short ribs was overly salty but otherwise all the other dishes were good. Strangely, the wait staff never suggested coffee or espresso service with the dessert menu.Special Features:
- What a find !JackWDined on 6/27/2014Excellent in every respect. Sorry we didn't discover sooner. The 'special' manhattan is a treat not to be missed.Special Features: