Washington Platform Saloon & Restaurant
1000 Elm St
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Washington Platform Saloon & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.washingtonplatform.com/
- Phone: 5134210110
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Jon V. Diebold
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music Thursday & Friday evenings. Second Sunday Jazz Buffet
A word from Washington Platform Saloon & Restaurant
Home of Cincinnati's Original Annual Oyster Festival. Enjoy fantastic homemade appetizers, soups, sandwiches, entrees, and desserts, in a renovated, turn-of-the-"20th" century saloon. Continental fare and fresh seafood (A Platform specialty!)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Washington Platform Saloon & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)great for lunch (20)late-night find (17)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (13)special occasion (11)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)romantic (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Fun find for fish seafoodKristenCincinnatiDined on 8/30/2014If you are looking for an old saloon in Cincinnati and fun seafood dishes. Great for jazz after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- janasreconnDined on 8/22/2014Liked the salad and the fried oysters. The vegetables were overcooked. Live jazz was good, old bar cool. My date and I could talk comfortably. The service was great!Special Features:
- YummyWingeaterDined on 8/19/2014Atmosphere was exactly what we expected. Oysters were delicious -- will be back for more. Loved the wide selection of wings, just wish they could be served in smaller portions. Guys loved the beer selection. We will be back!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemFoodAndMoFoodDined on 8/17/2014Good food. Friendly staff. Nice atmosphere. Casual and unpretentious.Special Features:
- Washington Platform is a gem!KimMDined on 8/16/2014We recently celebrated my sons birthday dinner at Washington Platform! There were 8 adults in attendance and right away we loved the old historic vibe of Washington Platform!! Our server was excellent as we ordered a little of everything off the very varied menu!! The food was excellent from our appetizers through dinner then dessert! Great ambience! Great Food! Great Service! And, a Great celebration!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014The place advertised fresh seafood with great service. The salmon was not fresh at all and the crab cakes had processed crab without fresh lumps. For the price of the food the quality was well below. They did not have a very extensive wine or cocktail list.
- Disappointing - food was not goodLuv2eatDined on 8/15/2014We went to Washington Platform last year during restaurant week and we absolutely loved the entire experience and the food. This year was a completely different experience. The gumbo had no identifiable ingredient except for corn. The salmon was obviously processed and frozen, not fresh. The server was friendly and gave us free dessert after we declined on getting dessert. Oh what a difference a year makes - we probably will not go back.
- Lovely eveningBobbieDined on 8/15/2014Waiter was outstanding. Went for Downtown Restaurant Week Had good food, good company & outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall okOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Gumbo was great. Oysters was good, but very small portions. Overall it was not bad so we would go back.
- Wing FlingififDined on 8/11/2014If you are looking for great wings try Washington Platform! Their wing fling offers over 100 flavors for your chicken!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be going again!LouwanDined on 8/9/2014The food was very good! The wings eaters in our group enjoyed their choices and said they were cooked well. The onion strings were "to die for". The salads were fresh and tasty, especially the grilled salmon salad. Portion size was generous but not overbearing. The restaurant has a very relaxed feel . We will be going back for the crabfest in a few months, and I want to try them for lunch. Food not fancy but fresh and tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experienceFunFoodFreakDined on 8/2/2014After about a 3 hour search for a last minute diner for a large group on a Saturday night, I stumbled across Washington Platform. Not only was I able to book a reservation painlessly using the Open Table App but the service and ambiance was great! The servers respectful and available and the atmosphere was accompanied by a great live jazz band. I'd recommend this place to anyone looking to have a nice, laid back night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off my dining listWilhelminaDined on 8/2/2014Been here several times but will be my last. Had reservation for Saturday. Knew it would be busy because of Lumenocity. Seated on time, then proceeded to sit for 25 minutes with no contact from any staff member, not even an offer of water. When waiter finally showed up, no apology, took our drink order and disappeared for another 15 minutes. When drinks finally arrived, one was wrong and then he tried to leave without taking the food order. Food arrived another 25 minutes after that. My dish was bland, no real taste. Overall not agood experience.
- A great find for our grouplumenocitygoersDined on 8/2/2014We have dined there many times before, but for the other 8 in our party, it was their first visit. They all liked the convenient location, the food, and the service. Very happy , and would return without hesitation. Con:The restrooms needed to be expanded about 50%.Special Features:
- Disappointed on 2nd visitWelshgirlDined on 8/1/2014The prices were too high for the over all quality of the good and restaurant. The food was just OK. There was some kind of a brown bug crawling on our table which the waitress swatted off and the jazz music started 20 minutes late.
- Excellent venue for jazzOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I've eaten here before and always enjoyed it - it's a cool spot, and everyone is very friendly. We enjoyed the oysters on the half shell; I had the salmon, and it was good but didn't particularly distinguish itself. The main attraction was the music, and it was wonderful - Washington Platform is a really great place to hear music, and they've done a truly outstanding job supporting local jazz. If you want to listen to the best that Cincinnati has to offer, head on over!Special Features:
- Road Kill is Delicious!GretchenVIPDined on 7/19/2014The road kill menu is fun! We had turtle, alligator, duck and rabbit! Fun dinner!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing....yumyum1971Dined on 7/19/2014Went here wanting to try something new and unique or different. Upon arrival although it wasn't at all busy the staff seemed confused. It took a very long time to place our order and they were out of a couple of the wines as well as dinner entrees that we wanted. Service was terrible and not attentive at all, very scatterbrained. He did try to make up for it by buying us dessert which was awful anyway. The food was not pleasant to look at and quite salty overall. We won't be coming back. The ambience is very dated and needs a major facelift. Not an enjoyable experience.
- a nice bite before hitting the townchugDined on 7/12/2014Great little place. Nice and quiet. Waitress very sweet and knowledgeable. Helped me decide what to get. Had crab quesadilla for an app and it was amazeballs. Wish it was a little bigger. Had crabcake dinner. The remoulade sauce was great. My boo had the shrimp and andouille sandwich, he was so happy and enjoyed it. Cute little gem. Not crowded. Tables are on the smaller side but perfect for the 2 of us. Would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OK.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2014Several people told me this was the best! So, my expectations were to high. If you like oysters, this might be one of the best places to go. Those in my party really enjoyed them.Special Features:
- Great Time!doerr906Dined on 7/3/2014It was a small group on Thursday night, but the atmosphere was terrific, the food was wonderful, and we had a really good conversation with our waiter. We're going back next week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- more than oysters!skorDined on 6/28/2014Very happy we finally made it here! The staff were easy to talk to and very happy to answer any question. The daily specials are a hit, however, Get there early they do run out of certain dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/23/2014Not the best night. Restaurant was crowded and understaffed. Our waitress worked hard to keep up but was overwhelmed. Oysters were warm. Lobster rolls were great.
- Great music venue for jazz.MillborgDined on 6/20/2014Great menu when you want a choice of smaller sizes or main entrees - they give you options. The fish tacos were delicious with a good size cod. The brown rice sounded better than it was - a little dry, but nice side to have. I hope they keep it but try adding more moisture. Loved the little booths along the higher level - cozy and gave a a great way to enjoy the music. Service was friendly but gave us time to linger.we will go back!!Special Features:
- cincybirderVIPDined on 6/20/2014A few of us came in for Lobstapalooza. I ordered the lobster dinner, I have to say it was not the greatest. The claws were mushy and tasted off, I think that part was bad. Once you got past the claws, then the lobster was fine. The tail was a bit overcooked, it was very chewy. I've had a full lobster better elsewhere, don't waste your $ here. I would like to try the other lobster dishes, though, they looked intriguing.
- Great neighborhood spotsymphonyfanDined on 5/17/2014We eat here frequently before concerts at Music Hall, which is only a few blocks away. Food is always good, lots of choices available, always friendly service. While we are usually somewhat dressed up for Music Hall, you could be comfortable here in shorts and a tee shirt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PinneyDined on 5/15/2014The dinner was great and prices were reasonable. I would go back again.Special Features:
- Hit or misswarrenisaceDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day brunch. The buffet was hit or miss. The carving station had a selection of roast meats but no gravy or au jus which left us with dry meat. For a resturant known for oysters, there was not one in sight. Worst Bloody Mary I've had ever. And that's usually my benchmark for a bar. Would not recommend for Brunch.
- computer decides the seatingbryanfamDined on 5/11/2014We chose this brunch spot for Mother's Day and was specifically chosen because of the live jazz. We were disappointed that when we were seated it was in the bar and not on the side with the live music. The host told us that the computer decides the configuration for the people who reserve online. We were disappointed but had a good time anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day brunchTedrrDined on 5/11/2014Our brunch was fantastic. Food was excellent and service was good. Everyone was very friendly. The live music was a great touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experience w our large groupdancemomDined on 5/10/2014Pros: accommodated our large group of 18, with most on separate checks before a dance. Waitress was attentive. If you are there for seafood, it was very good. I had the Market salad and it was very good. cons: only one I can think of was there was not alot of selection for overall basic "kid" food-most of our young teen group ordered the chicken strips from appetizer menu.this was not really a problem though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 207 reviews are from the Washington Platform Saloon & Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great neighorhood spotsymphonyfanDined on 5/3/2014Easy, casual, neighborhood spot. We eat here frequently before attending concerts at Music Hall. Always friendly service, interesting food, good prices.Special Features:
- OysterFestFiftyFiftyDined on 4/26/2014Made reservations through OpenTable for Saturday at 7PM for four. We got there 15 minutes early and had to wait an additional 15 to be seated because they over booked. After being seated we waited another 10 minutes until we could tackle a server to order drinks. The staff was stretched thin and the kitchen was slow due to the overbooking. The food was good and we made the best of it but if you are on a schedule for the Pops or CSO skip this one.
- bountiful buffetgooddiningDined on 4/20/2014Our group of five enjoyed the Easter buffet immensely. There was enough variety to please even the most picky eaters! We all enjoyed the egg casserole which was more like a soufflé. There were two kinds of sausage, fresh green beans, fresh fruit, and a carving station that included ham, turkey, and lamb. I only tried the ham and it was perfectly baked ( I went back for seconds). The dessert table was filled with a delicious blueberry bread pudding, cannolies, cream puffs, red velvet cake- all very yummy! We asked to be seated in the 2nd room which has a bit more atmosphere-brick interior wall etc. We would go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Easter BrunchCjg13VIPDined on 4/20/2014I am not sure if they serve brunch all the time or just on holiday weekends, but the Easter brunch was very good, and the jazz duo was a nice added touch. We plan to be back for other brunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great jazzrohobozDined on 4/18/2014i choose most of my dining experiences based on the live jazz experience. washington platform is the best in cincinnati.Special Features:
- eclecticdinerDined on 4/17/2014Great dining in a casual atmosphere. We visited during the Oyster Festival and loved every dish that arrived at our table. The oyster/artichoke casserole was filled with nice big oysters and balanced with the artichokes, so it was neither too "rich" or filling. It was served with dirty rice which was way overportioned and just so-so on taste. We plan to return so we can try some more of the special oyster dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not At All SatisfiedCelebrateDined on 4/11/2014The Oyster Festival was in full bloom. The wait was too long. The service was not professional. We were overcharged on our check. Just not a good experience at all. Restaurant was very crowded; service was very slow. The fried oysters had more breading than oyster (oysters were very small). The first thing I noticed was that he did NOT give us 50% off the appetizer, as promised, because we had to order twice. We asked the waiter to split the $120 bill between 2 credit cards. He came back with one for $111.00 and the second one for$118.00 ($229.00, not $119). Those receipts were voided. And we had to wait 10-15 more minutes for this to be corrected. This just was not a pleasant experience at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oyster FestivalgreeneyedladyDined on 4/11/2014The Oyster Festival was a great option for us on a Friday night. Lots of variety of oyster dishes to choose from. The regular menu looked very appealing as well. I would definitely go back and recommend it to others. They had a jazz trio, which was nice background music. A nice cozy, neighborhood kind of place but near downtown. We went before an event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oyster Festivalfj2014Dined on 4/11/2014We visited Washington Platform to participate in the annual Oyster Festival. We were seated immediately upon arriving in the back section, which is a bit more upscale than the front bar entrance area. The server promptly appeared at our table, made recommendations, and was quite courteous and helpful. The appetizers were delicious, and the entrees were good. The Oyster Jambalaya was tomatoey and acidic, but the Oysters Belle Femme were outstanding. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.