5 - 15782 Marine Drive
White Rock, BC V4B 1E6Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
Washington Avenue Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.washingtonavenuegrill.com/
- Phone: 604-541-4244
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Seio Kitagawa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Fireplace, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Wednesday-Saturday!
- Special Events: We can not reserve specific tables due to high demand.
The Washington Avenue Grill is one of White Rock's favorite restaurants offering an upscale casual dining experience overlooking Semiahmoo Bay.
We feature Pacific-Northwest cuisine, an award-winning wine list, live music, and delicious martinis.
WAG has earned an excellent reputation for serving high quality food with exceptional service at value orientated prices.
The ambiance is unparalleled because of our unique decor, high quality entertainment and breathtaking ocean view.
Guests can dine in the pristine glass atrium, cozy main dining room, or on the award-winning patio.
The Washington Avenue Grill is the bright yellow building located on the ocean side of east beach, next to Semiahmoo park.
For a unique and fun dining experience with a personal touch, have dinner at the Washington Avenue Grill.
Lots of free parking! We can not reserve specific tables due to high demand but do take requests.
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014We love coming here with or without the family (kids included)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner out with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Our server was great and friendly! She allowed me to order the stuffed chicken breast grilled, instead of with prosciutto, which I do not like. We had a nice table by the window on the patio, which we were happy about since the inside of the restaurant seemed quite hot. At the end of out meal I asked about complimentary dessert for the birthday boy but that server said you do not do that, which I was very surprised about most restaurants do. Other than that we had a good experience!Special Features:
- Always Greatfoodlover73Dined on 8/23/2014I've been going to WAG for years and every time I've had a great experience. This time was no exception. The host and buser were exceptional this time taking care of us and our sever was spot on- so friendly and speedy. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent and the service was good; however, I was a little disappointed with the seating. I know it is not always possible to get the table you requested; however, I felt that the table for 2 we were put at in the back was a little too close for comfort beside the next table for 2. It's hard to have a private conversation when you are only 2 feet away from the next party. Also for a Sat night there was no live music as usual?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return DinerListenerDined on 8/22/2014Enjoyed everything except -1- table was against an opening (former window) into the old house and the couple at that table might as well have been at our table - a bit awkward as they were somewhat amorous. -2- the noise level - ENERGETIC???? are you kidding - how about painful? It was so high at the start of our evening that it was uncomfortable - pretty well eliminated any conversation at the table (not withstanding the neighbours). By the middle of our time there the noise level declined significantly. I must say that the others in the party felt that the noise somewhat spoiled the evening. You could use some significant noise damping - not hard to do but I think the payoff would be significant in customer satisfaction.Special Features:
- great two passenger dining exper.thevancitydinerDined on 8/22/2014Great menu with lots of choices. Sat right away on a busy Friday night. Water was set within 5 minutes. Very loud with other patrons in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- August 20 Dinner ReviewFroggyDined on 8/20/2014As usual we enjoyed great food service and atmosphere at WAG. It was a most appropriate choice of restaurant to celebrate my wife's 79th birthday. Our widow friend who joined us for the celebration was most impressed with the evening. I think she is now 'hooked' on WAG.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The only compliant we have is that when we made the online reservation, we mentioned that it was our wedding anniversary. This information obviously didn't get communicated to our server. A simple "Happy Anniversary" would have been very nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014This is one of our favourite restaurants. The food is consistently good and the atmosphere is a perfect balance of fun and formal. I had the tomato boccocini salad and the seafood hotpot and both were excellent.Special Features:
- croz1Dined on 8/13/2014food was very good however i should have asked for the in house tartar sauce on the side as it was a bit much on the nice vegetables the area with the ocean view was quite noisySpecial Features:
- Been better beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014Eaten at the WAG multiple times and found the food quality to be sub par this time around. Might choose to try a different restaurant at a similar price point before returning againSpecial Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014We were seated on time which is always a good start, the food was good, the fish super fresh. Wine selection is limited but well balanced. The live band was good but just a little too loud to have meaningful conversation without doing the exaggerated faces trying to get your conversation heard. However, as soon as we asked to go into a quieter area we were immediately accommodated. The service was excellent. Just the right amount of attention.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/5/2014Our friends ordered from the regular menu and seemed happy with the mixed seafood grill and the lobster-stuffed ravioli, while my husband and I opted for the Tuesday 3-course dinner special. The mixed green salad and the Caesar salad were both attractively served. I enjoyed the seafood hotpot but my husband was less enthusiastic about his curried prawns, which arrived lukewarm. We enjoyed both the dessert options of creme brulee and tiramisu. Service was good, and we enjoyed the view and a welcome breeze through an open window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never been disappointedTheKidsAlrightDined on 8/4/2014Been many times and keep returning. Always a good dining experience. This time we did try the crab artichoke dip for an appi and wasn't impressed. Dip was a little dry and the chips had too much cayenne pepper on them so they over powered the flavours of the dip. It want terrible but won't order it again. Main course was a flat steak cooked perfectly and very tasty sides of veggies and garlic mash. Unfortunately had no room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014we had reserved for a windown seat/did not get one until we had a table of four guys who sat near the windown and one of them decided to spit out the window/we then talk to the manager and he moved us to the other side where we got a window/what is the point of making reservations if you cannot get what you asked for/this isn't macdonalds/neither did he comp a free desser/this group of guys should have been asked to leave/not a very happy customerSpecial Features:
- too hot in the summerLJPODined on 8/2/2014Our reservation was for five people at 5pm August 02 - my husband's birthday. We didn't get an open window table, but a closed window table at the extreme right hand side at the back, behind an open window table. We had to lower the shades when we first sat down because of the sun coming through the window at the people sitting closest to it. It helped for a while until the restaurant started filling up and getting hotter. After eating a delicious dinner, we all had full intentions of ordering dessert and special coffees, but at that point, everyone at the table was sweating bullets !!! To the point of being so hot and uncomfortable, we chose to leave instead. It wasnt what we wanted from the evening by any means. Very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- casual elegancelimabeanDined on 7/31/2014Had dinner here in enclosed patio after finding the restaurant in my entertainment book and reading reviews. The online reviews were spot-on but I still didn't expect such good food and top notch service for what feels like hanging on a nice beach-view patio. Variety of menu from $10 salads to $25 entrees, daily drink specials (looks like a great place for 1/2 price wine bottle night) and as I left a blues group was playing. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food!krisDined on 7/25/2014Although this is right in ou neighbourhood, we hadn't been there before except for drinks (which are unusual and very good). The food was delicious and well presented. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- 3 times a charmPietroblanco2oDined on 7/25/2014This was our third visit to Washington Avenue Grill, all of them for supper and none of them disappointing. Food and service have been consistently excellent, and the location and ambience are terrific. It was a beautiful summer evening and we were seated in the southern addition with all its windows open to admit the gentle ocean breeze. The flatiron steak with seafood béarnaise was wonderful, as was the chicken and pesto linguine which was so obviously calorie-laden but a rare treat. An extensive and interesting wine list is an added bonus, as is the low-key live entertainment.Special Features:
- Ahi Tuna entreeBlessingstoall12345Dined on 7/25/2014We had a lovely time at WG. The service was very good, the scenic view and ambience were all very appreciated. We were a group of four. Everyone enjoyed their dinner. However, if I could make a suggestion regarding the Ahi tuna entrée that I ordered. Since I order Ahi tuna frequently and have eaten this dish from various restaurants in Canada and the U.S. I would suggest that it be sliced thinly as opposed to thick slices as it is served quite rare. I would also recommend that your sauce be modified to a lighter glaze. As a local hillside resident, we have always enjoyed WG very much! Thank you and keep up the fine work of entertaining the many who walk through your doors of hospitality and warm welcome.Special Features:
- good not greatsteveportmoodyVIPDined on 7/25/2014went for lunch and place was not busy. Sat in covered outdoor patio with view of ocean. Waitress very friendly and efficient. Nice to have draft craft beer. Food OK not great. Place looks pretty tired , ripped seat not impressive.Special Features:
- good dinnerLikeWagDined on 7/22/2014a memorable dinner with a superb waiter, he knew his menu and could give good recommendations when we asked. I think your vegetables need to be cooked more, the day of crisp veggies has passed. Uncooked are not flavourful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvfoodDined on 7/21/2014We had a great table with the ocean view. The food was excellent but the wine list could have had a larger selection. Our server was very friendly and efficient. The timing of the courses could have been spread out more to allow us to finish enjoying one before the next arrived.Special Features:
- An experience worth repeating.MunstersDined on 7/18/2014- the short ribs were exceptional (tender and flavourful). - portions were most appropriate. - looking forward to our next visit. - the service was great (polite, accommodating, and professional). - loved the entertainment. - seating isn't an issue at the WAG...every seat has a wonderful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BooboobootiesDined on 7/16/2014Outstanding I had a allergy to tomatoe sauce and explained it to him he understood. Was very formal and fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheseinDined on 7/16/2014Despite a full house, food was prepared flawlessly and service was friendly and helpful. Slightly longer wait that usual was to be expected. Entertainment was good, but unnecessary - would have preferred it without the singer as it was difficult to have a normal conversation. Will definitely be back, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good as usualAlanDined on 7/13/2014We arrived early and were seated at one table and at our request moved to a table beside the windows. This was good customer service, and we will be back. Beautiful evening with the breeze flowing in, and the incoming tide gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014It was very noisy...................found was fine, but not great...had the prime rib which was a bit tough..and the glace' ....well could have done without that and just had an au jus..................nice place, will try it again...however............hopefully the experience will be better...very, very loud......................(everyone talking loudly........prehaps it was the acoustics................Special Features:
- A great place to celebrate!RadiomamaDined on 7/10/2014What a lovely venue for a birthday dinner, especially since I signed up with the restaurant online to receive a free entree for the Thursday of my celebration. The service was impeccable, my lobster ravioli divine, my hubby's tuna perfectly prepared and the view over the ocean sublime. The live guitar music was at just the right volume to allow for easy conversation. A friend had told me to try the WAG for our next dinner out and I'm glad that I took her advice!Special Features:
- Always a great night!McDeeDined on 7/9/2014Took our friends from out of town to the WAG for a nice dinner.. they were so impressed! The view is always great and the service was good as always. Food was yummy although mine was slightly cool .. busy night so maybe it sat for a little while before being brought out. Joining the mailing list and getting our birthdays registered is a must.. free dinner around your birthday!!Special Features:
- MaraDined on 7/8/2014Awesome as always! I always bring out of town guests to WAG for those special occasions and it always delivers.Special Features:
- gpackDined on 7/4/2014Great atmosphere and unforgetable dinner menu will definately returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!Sam1668Dined on 7/3/2014Thank you for a great night!! Fabulous food, fantastic wine selection and beautiful music!! We always love our time at the WAG!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KateDined on 7/3/2014we are able bodied but you must do something to make access for people with mobility issuesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a Gret TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2014Enjoyed our food and service was excellent. The view is fantastic and live music was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canada Day-July 1st DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2014We enjoyed the dinner at the restaurant except for having a couple beside us who had some drama going on. Had to keep my face to my plate as every time I looked up she was in tears. Very upsetting. They had the window seat so could not enjoy the view. We were placed beside two planters with Lavender, almost dead. If you are going to have plants take care of them. All in all the food was good.Special Features:
- well doneDiningoutexperience1Dined on 7/1/2014Reservation system worked well.. Difficult to reserve specific table for our anniversary, but still nice. Food good reasonable prices. Would recommend to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would recommend to friendsRfavouriteplaceDined on 6/29/2014We have been to the Washington Ave Grill many times and keep coming back...one of our favourites.Special Features:
- greatnightoutDined on 6/28/2014Had a very enjoyable evening Food was good and also enjoyed the live musivSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DmplzzDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant was recommended by a co-worker. It didn't disappoint. The food, staff & view were all very good. Dessert was also very good. I had the creme brule & my husband had tiramisu. I would go here again & I would definately recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.