5 - 15782 Marine Drive
White Rock, BC V4B 1E6Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
Washington Avenue Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.washingtonavenuegrill.com/
- Phone: 604-541-4244
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Seio Kitagawa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Fireplace, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Wednesday-Saturday!
- Special Events: We can not reserve specific tables due to high demand.
The Washington Avenue Grill is one of White Rock's favorite restaurants offering an upscale casual dining experience overlooking Semiahmoo Bay.
We feature Pacific-Northwest cuisine, an award-winning wine list, live music, and delicious martinis.
WAG has earned an excellent reputation for serving high quality food with exceptional service at value orientated prices.
The ambiance is unparalleled because of our unique decor, high quality entertainment and breathtaking ocean view.
Guests can dine in the pristine glass atrium, cozy main dining room, or on the award-winning patio.
The Washington Avenue Grill is the bright yellow building located on the ocean side of east beach, next to Semiahmoo park.
For a unique and fun dining experience with a personal touch, have dinner at the Washington Avenue Grill.
Lots of free parking! We can not reserve specific tables due to high demand but do take requests.
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
- Bums RUSHOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014My girlfriend and I had dinner reservations for 8:15pm Oct 26/14. Dinner was good, waitress was OK(lil unatentive), support staff blew out candles on every table around us..then went to lock all the windows....we were going to order desert but felt like the staff would have turned the lights out on us so we left. Dinner for 2 $81.00....and RUSHED out the door....won't be going back!!!!!!!!!
- great food & servicebossyVIPDined on 10/25/2014Food was very good, so was service. I'm not from White Rock area but heard that this restaurant is very good and popular. although, it was a rainy night, the view of the ocean would be stunning during better weather days. The decor is okay. It was very lively on the Saturday night we went. Good for groups and celebrations. very boisterous.Special Features:
- Fantastic Restaurant!foodsogoodDined on 10/18/2014When my boyfriend and I showed up they seemed unprepared to seat us even though we had a reservation. We walked all the way into the restaurant into the back and then had to come all the way back out because the table wasn't ready. But after that, everything went smoothly. The wine was delicious and so was the food! I had thr braised beef short rib and that was absolutely delicious. My boyfriend had a steak and prawns equally amazing. We had the peanut butter chocolate pie afterwards: so good. Overall such a good night, with great food, great ambiance and great wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Great service.tgrammDined on 10/18/2014I always come here for special occasions, and now for one on one romantic evenings. I love the food, ordered the chicken, and service was excellent. Never in your face, nor lacking. Just perfect. Favorite place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014It was a very good experience. The prime rib was done just right. Our dessert was delicious.The decaf coffee was very weak.Special Features:
- MuddyCatDined on 10/16/2014Great view if you can sit near the window. The food was good but over priced for the quality, presentation and mediocre service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunch, and a proposal 😊OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014I ordered the Mediterrainian Ravioli and my gf ordered the Salmon fish and chips. Both dishes were done to perfection. My gf had no idea what was coming for dessert, and I am not talking about the edible kind. We did refuse dessert, due too "no room left at the stomach inn". There were some awkward moments of silence with no Segway to help me out. I did once tell my gf that I didnt believe in mariage, but it would take a special girl to make me believe. So, I opened up by reminding her what I said. I told her she was that special girl. Placed the rind on the table to which she said, "are you ****ing kidding me. The tears started to flow. She mumble a yes, and we both sat there like babies enjoying a very special moment at the WAG.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotDougTDined on 10/13/2014Enjoyed a Sunday lunch at the WAG. Great service, good food from a menu of pretty standard fare. Nice location on the waterfront in White Rick with great views.Special Features:
- Who you going to call?sumdadaceDined on 10/11/2014Although we didn’t see the ghost of the Washington Grill we did enjoy a wonderful meal with great service with wonderful ambience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014LOVED THE FOOD AND SERVICE BUT FAR TO NOISE FOR A INTIMATE DINNER!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Scenic beach viewluv2eatDined on 10/8/2014Food is consistently good, service is great, reservations on-line very convenient. Nice spot to go for a stroll before or after your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday freebieEsalitaDined on 10/5/2014We always enjoy the birthday dinner that is so graciously sent annually. Two of our group had rack of lamb and enjoyed the moist tender morsels. Another had ahi tuba cooked to perfection. I had curry Kaluha prawns, it wasn't as good as I remember in the past but they brought me some extra sauce which helped. We enjoyed the peanut butter pie and our service was a great, as it usually is, I'm sure we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favouriteFine2dineDined on 10/4/2014We are lucky to live close to this well known,funky, vibrant restaurant. Always reliable to visit! We have been many, many times and are planning for many, many more visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expectedMunstersDined on 10/1/2014Once again, the restaurant provides a wonderful atmosphere, service and meal. A great experience regardless of the occasion. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely waitress, great meal!FoodieDined on 9/26/2014Very busy spot! Good menu , great food! Can adapt menu which I loved!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good all aroundgdouce52Dined on 9/21/2014We had very good service and all dishes were well prepared.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014While the food was very good, it was extremely loud & made it difficult to even have a conversation with my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceShahanaDined on 9/10/2014We went there for the (my) first time to celebrate our birthdays. My freind had a birthday discount and I had the points from Open Table. The food was excellent although each serving was probably able to feed two. Very tasty and believe me I did my best to eat it all! We were seated at the window so had a clear view out over the bay with the geese feeding below. The only thing to take note of is that to get to the restauant you have to climb stairs, a bit of a problem for some like me. Coming down I also found that the area was quite dark. Still I would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Wag but not this timeSharonDined on 9/9/2014Not as good as usual but 1st time ever- we have been many times. Server super friendly thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Booked a table for 6 which we later upped to 9 and we still had the position we requested and all was done cheerfully and politely. Great food with extensive choices - great indoor/outdoor ambiance. Can't wait to return to try some of the other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!mv82Dined on 9/9/2014I have been to this restaurant several times and have never been disappointed. The food is fantastic and generous...the servers are great and friendly...and the atmosphere is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic view and an great food!ladypeleDined on 9/7/2014I went to The WAG for my fiance's birthday supper. The food was fantastic, almost as good as the view! The waitress was a little slow and forgot a few things, but everyone has a day and it wouldn't prevent us from coming back. I highly recommend this location to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday, Sept. 7PiperDined on 9/7/2014This was our 51st wedding anniversary which was mentioned in making our online reservation - no mention was made by the hostess or by our server. We chose to sit on their "patio" but this was far different from their indoor, white linen, etc. service. We had an excellent wine that was new to their list but we were aware of. However, the server knew nothing of it. We had to ask for napkins and cutlery when bread, oil and our appetizer arrived. After pouring the first glass of wine, we had to pour own from then on. That said, our server was very friendly, great with the "repartee", and the food was excellent. This was probably our 3rd or 4th time there but our first on the patio.Special Features:
- Good experience.pwllheliDined on 9/5/2014We were lucky to get a window table overlooking the bay, and with the windows open and a slight breeze wafting in, it was lovely. The service was attentive and courteous, and the wine was served promptly on ordering. I had ordered soup, which was delicious, but had been sitting around for a while and had cooled somewhat…normally I would have sent it back to be nuked, but it tasted so good, and I was so hungry that I went ahead and ate it as it was! The steaks we ordered were cooked as requested, and were also very good. Overall, a great experience, and would certainly recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PotsDined on 9/4/2014Service was extremely slow. It appeared there were only two servers, and perhaps only one person in the kitchen. It was not "busy" Would hate to think how long we would have had to wait if there were another 10-15 people to be served. Need more staff as servers and in kitchen. Just not acceptable to wait 25 minutes after order placed. When food arrived, it was almost thrown on the table as server was in such a rush trying to keep up to customer requests.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!pickyxwaitpersonDined on 9/3/2014Food, service, ambience--top notch! Great for a special occasion or to treat visiting family. Wonderful place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaraunt ,our AnniversarySurreypeepsDined on 9/2/2014I was researching restaraunts for our 12th year anniversary. wanted something special. I found this one through another website. seeing it was 20 minutes from home and the menu options would suit my girlfriend, plus the fact I could reserve online was a bonus.I made dinner reservations for 7:15pm. the weather was horrible, making the drive slower but I didn't mind. we noticed they had a special on Tuesday. we ordered from that menu. my girlfriend ordered the soup du jour,seafood hotpot and for dessert the tiramisu. I ordered the mixed greens with pear and blue cheese salad,chicken stuffed with goat cheese and herbs and for dessert crème brulee. food was amazing my girlfriend loved her entrée. made our anniversary night special.thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special birthdayscheers2youDined on 9/1/2014For a number of years now, both my husband and I have received your birthday dinner gift certificate and we make a point of using them. We know we will have a lovely meal and setting for our "special day(s)". The food has always been done to perfection, we have both enjoyed every meal we have had there and look forward to it each year. My husband said it was the best steak he has ever eaten. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014We had not eaten at WAG for a few years and came out for the occasion of a wedding anniversary. It was Sept 1st and labour day but whenever we had eaten there in the past it was always a fine dining restaurant. The staff and other diners reflected such. But this experience was very different. The staff were so casual and casually dressed and the fellow diners were so casual. However the menu and prices were that of a fine dining restaurant. We are not sure whether it was this particular day but it really lacked ambiance and felt over dressed and it was a disappointment for us. on a positive note the food was good.Special Features:
- Great ambiance and service!TheTaylorsDined on 9/1/2014We came for our anniversary and they were very friendly and prompt. We asked to change our reversation last minute and it was no problem. We thought the appetizers were a bit small for how much they cost, but all the food tasted amazing. Our server Matt was outgoing and took great care of us. We loved the ambiance, all the fresh flowers and open air with a beautiful view. We would definitely come back and recommend this place to our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Evening in White RockReservationsPleaseDined on 8/31/2014Great location with a lovely view. The food was fresh and well prepared. The service was very pleasant. Desserts were particularly delicious.Special Features:
- Now a casual spotDelta1debDined on 8/31/2014It was my birthday dinner and I wanted to go to somewhere nice. When we got to the WAG, there were people dressed in shorts and sandals and screaming kids! The waiter was awesome, he was very attentive. I ordered the Surf and Turf Special. It was lathered in Sauce. Was the restaurant covering up a cheap piece of steak, I wondered? Even though, I had made reservations we were not seated in one of the available window seats. That was disappointing. Now, I would go to the WAG for a casual dinner. There was nothing special about this restaurant, except the service.Special Features:
- Best food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Overall the WAG is a 5 star place food, live music, service and a view doesn't get better! I always recommend the WAG for everyone such a great experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shaley104Dined on 8/30/2014The food was excellent as usual. The service was very good. We always enjoy our experience at the WAG.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartDined on 8/24/2014We love coming here with or without the family (kids included)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner out with friendsFoodie26Dined on 8/23/2014Our server was great and friendly! She allowed me to order the stuffed chicken breast grilled, instead of with prosciutto, which I do not like. We had a nice table by the window on the patio, which we were happy about since the inside of the restaurant seemed quite hot. At the end of out meal I asked about complimentary dessert for the birthday boy but that server said you do not do that, which I was very surprised about most restaurants do. Other than that we had a good experience!Special Features:
- Always Greatfoodlover73Dined on 8/23/2014I've been going to WAG for years and every time I've had a great experience. This time was no exception. The host and buser were exceptional this time taking care of us and our sever was spot on- so friendly and speedy. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent and the service was good; however, I was a little disappointed with the seating. I know it is not always possible to get the table you requested; however, I felt that the table for 2 we were put at in the back was a little too close for comfort beside the next table for 2. It's hard to have a private conversation when you are only 2 feet away from the next party. Also for a Sat night there was no live music as usual?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return DinerListenerDined on 8/22/2014Enjoyed everything except -1- table was against an opening (former window) into the old house and the couple at that table might as well have been at our table - a bit awkward as they were somewhat amorous. -2- the noise level - ENERGETIC???? are you kidding - how about painful? It was so high at the start of our evening that it was uncomfortable - pretty well eliminated any conversation at the table (not withstanding the neighbours). By the middle of our time there the noise level declined significantly. I must say that the others in the party felt that the noise somewhat spoiled the evening. You could use some significant noise damping - not hard to do but I think the payoff would be significant in customer satisfaction.Special Features:
- great two passenger dining exper.thevancitydinerDined on 8/22/2014Great menu with lots of choices. Sat right away on a busy Friday night. Water was set within 5 minutes. Very loud with other patrons in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.