5 - 15782 Marine Drive
White Rock, BC V4B 1E6Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
Washington Avenue Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.washingtonavenuegrill.com/
- Phone: 604-541-4244
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Seio Kitagawa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Fireplace, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Wednesday-Saturday!
- Special Events: We can not reserve specific tables due to high demand.
The Washington Avenue Grill is one of White Rock's favorite restaurants offering an upscale casual dining experience overlooking Semiahmoo Bay.
We feature Pacific-Northwest cuisine, an award-winning wine list, live music, and delicious martinis.
WAG has earned an excellent reputation for serving high quality food with exceptional service at value orientated prices.
The ambiance is unparalleled because of our unique decor, high quality entertainment and breathtaking ocean view.
Guests can dine in the pristine glass atrium, cozy main dining room, or on the award-winning patio.
The Washington Avenue Grill is the bright yellow building located on the ocean side of east beach, next to Semiahmoo park.
For a unique and fun dining experience with a personal touch, have dinner at the Washington Avenue Grill.
Lots of free parking! We can not reserve specific tables due to high demand but do take requests.
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014While the food was very good, it was extremely loud & made it difficult to even have a conversation with my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceShahanaDined on 9/10/2014We went there for the (my) first time to celebrate our birthdays. My freind had a birthday discount and I had the points from Open Table. The food was excellent although each serving was probably able to feed two. Very tasty and believe me I did my best to eat it all! We were seated at the window so had a clear view out over the bay with the geese feeding below. The only thing to take note of is that to get to the restauant you have to climb stairs, a bit of a problem for some like me. Coming down I also found that the area was quite dark. Still I would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Wag but not this timeSharonDined on 9/9/2014Not as good as usual but 1st time ever- we have been many times. Server super friendly thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Booked a table for 6 which we later upped to 9 and we still had the position we requested and all was done cheerfully and politely. Great food with extensive choices - great indoor/outdoor ambiance. Can't wait to return to try some of the other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!mv82Dined on 9/9/2014I have been to this restaurant several times and have never been disappointed. The food is fantastic and generous...the servers are great and friendly...and the atmosphere is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic view and an great food!ladypeleDined on 9/7/2014I went to The WAG for my fiance's birthday supper. The food was fantastic, almost as good as the view! The waitress was a little slow and forgot a few things, but everyone has a day and it wouldn't prevent us from coming back. I highly recommend this location to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday, Sept. 7PiperDined on 9/7/2014This was our 51st wedding anniversary which was mentioned in making our online reservation - no mention was made by the hostess or by our server. We chose to sit on their "patio" but this was far different from their indoor, white linen, etc. service. We had an excellent wine that was new to their list but we were aware of. However, the server knew nothing of it. We had to ask for napkins and cutlery when bread, oil and our appetizer arrived. After pouring the first glass of wine, we had to pour own from then on. That said, our server was very friendly, great with the "repartee", and the food was excellent. This was probably our 3rd or 4th time there but our first on the patio.Special Features:
- Good experience.pwllheliDined on 9/5/2014We were lucky to get a window table overlooking the bay, and with the windows open and a slight breeze wafting in, it was lovely. The service was attentive and courteous, and the wine was served promptly on ordering. I had ordered soup, which was delicious, but had been sitting around for a while and had cooled somewhat…normally I would have sent it back to be nuked, but it tasted so good, and I was so hungry that I went ahead and ate it as it was! The steaks we ordered were cooked as requested, and were also very good. Overall, a great experience, and would certainly recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PotsDined on 9/4/2014Service was extremely slow. It appeared there were only two servers, and perhaps only one person in the kitchen. It was not "busy" Would hate to think how long we would have had to wait if there were another 10-15 people to be served. Need more staff as servers and in kitchen. Just not acceptable to wait 25 minutes after order placed. When food arrived, it was almost thrown on the table as server was in such a rush trying to keep up to customer requests.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!pickyxwaitpersonDined on 9/3/2014Food, service, ambience--top notch! Great for a special occasion or to treat visiting family. Wonderful place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaraunt ,our AnniversarySurreypeepsDined on 9/2/2014I was researching restaraunts for our 12th year anniversary. wanted something special. I found this one through another website. seeing it was 20 minutes from home and the menu options would suit my girlfriend, plus the fact I could reserve online was a bonus.I made dinner reservations for 7:15pm. the weather was horrible, making the drive slower but I didn't mind. we noticed they had a special on Tuesday. we ordered from that menu. my girlfriend ordered the soup du jour,seafood hotpot and for dessert the tiramisu. I ordered the mixed greens with pear and blue cheese salad,chicken stuffed with goat cheese and herbs and for dessert crème brulee. food was amazing my girlfriend loved her entrée. made our anniversary night special.thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special birthdayscheers2youDined on 9/1/2014For a number of years now, both my husband and I have received your birthday dinner gift certificate and we make a point of using them. We know we will have a lovely meal and setting for our "special day(s)". The food has always been done to perfection, we have both enjoyed every meal we have had there and look forward to it each year. My husband said it was the best steak he has ever eaten. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014We had not eaten at WAG for a few years and came out for the occasion of a wedding anniversary. It was Sept 1st and labour day but whenever we had eaten there in the past it was always a fine dining restaurant. The staff and other diners reflected such. But this experience was very different. The staff were so casual and casually dressed and the fellow diners were so casual. However the menu and prices were that of a fine dining restaurant. We are not sure whether it was this particular day but it really lacked ambiance and felt over dressed and it was a disappointment for us. on a positive note the food was good.Special Features:
- Great ambiance and service!TheTaylorsDined on 9/1/2014We came for our anniversary and they were very friendly and prompt. We asked to change our reversation last minute and it was no problem. We thought the appetizers were a bit small for how much they cost, but all the food tasted amazing. Our server Matt was outgoing and took great care of us. We loved the ambiance, all the fresh flowers and open air with a beautiful view. We would definitely come back and recommend this place to our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Evening in White RockReservationsPleaseDined on 8/31/2014Great location with a lovely view. The food was fresh and well prepared. The service was very pleasant. Desserts were particularly delicious.Special Features:
- Now a casual spotDelta1debDined on 8/31/2014It was my birthday dinner and I wanted to go to somewhere nice. When we got to the WAG, there were people dressed in shorts and sandals and screaming kids! The waiter was awesome, he was very attentive. I ordered the Surf and Turf Special. It was lathered in Sauce. Was the restaurant covering up a cheap piece of steak, I wondered? Even though, I had made reservations we were not seated in one of the available window seats. That was disappointing. Now, I would go to the WAG for a casual dinner. There was nothing special about this restaurant, except the service.Special Features:
- Best food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Overall the WAG is a 5 star place food, live music, service and a view doesn't get better! I always recommend the WAG for everyone such a great experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shaley104Dined on 8/30/2014The food was excellent as usual. The service was very good. We always enjoy our experience at the WAG.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartDined on 8/24/2014We love coming here with or without the family (kids included)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner out with friendsFoodie26Dined on 8/23/2014Our server was great and friendly! She allowed me to order the stuffed chicken breast grilled, instead of with prosciutto, which I do not like. We had a nice table by the window on the patio, which we were happy about since the inside of the restaurant seemed quite hot. At the end of out meal I asked about complimentary dessert for the birthday boy but that server said you do not do that, which I was very surprised about most restaurants do. Other than that we had a good experience!Special Features:
- Always Greatfoodlover73Dined on 8/23/2014I've been going to WAG for years and every time I've had a great experience. This time was no exception. The host and buser were exceptional this time taking care of us and our sever was spot on- so friendly and speedy. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food was excellent and the service was good; however, I was a little disappointed with the seating. I know it is not always possible to get the table you requested; however, I felt that the table for 2 we were put at in the back was a little too close for comfort beside the next table for 2. It's hard to have a private conversation when you are only 2 feet away from the next party. Also for a Sat night there was no live music as usual?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return DinerListenerDined on 8/22/2014Enjoyed everything except -1- table was against an opening (former window) into the old house and the couple at that table might as well have been at our table - a bit awkward as they were somewhat amorous. -2- the noise level - ENERGETIC???? are you kidding - how about painful? It was so high at the start of our evening that it was uncomfortable - pretty well eliminated any conversation at the table (not withstanding the neighbours). By the middle of our time there the noise level declined significantly. I must say that the others in the party felt that the noise somewhat spoiled the evening. You could use some significant noise damping - not hard to do but I think the payoff would be significant in customer satisfaction.Special Features:
- great two passenger dining exper.thevancitydinerDined on 8/22/2014Great menu with lots of choices. Sat right away on a busy Friday night. Water was set within 5 minutes. Very loud with other patrons in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- August 20 Dinner ReviewFroggyDined on 8/20/2014As usual we enjoyed great food service and atmosphere at WAG. It was a most appropriate choice of restaurant to celebrate my wife's 79th birthday. Our widow friend who joined us for the celebration was most impressed with the evening. I think she is now 'hooked' on WAG.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The only compliant we have is that when we made the online reservation, we mentioned that it was our wedding anniversary. This information obviously didn't get communicated to our server. A simple "Happy Anniversary" would have been very nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014This is one of our favourite restaurants. The food is consistently good and the atmosphere is a perfect balance of fun and formal. I had the tomato boccocini salad and the seafood hotpot and both were excellent.Special Features:
- croz1Dined on 8/13/2014food was very good however i should have asked for the in house tartar sauce on the side as it was a bit much on the nice vegetables the area with the ocean view was quite noisySpecial Features:
- Been better beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014Eaten at the WAG multiple times and found the food quality to be sub par this time around. Might choose to try a different restaurant at a similar price point before returning againSpecial Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014We were seated on time which is always a good start, the food was good, the fish super fresh. Wine selection is limited but well balanced. The live band was good but just a little too loud to have meaningful conversation without doing the exaggerated faces trying to get your conversation heard. However, as soon as we asked to go into a quieter area we were immediately accommodated. The service was excellent. Just the right amount of attention.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/5/2014Our friends ordered from the regular menu and seemed happy with the mixed seafood grill and the lobster-stuffed ravioli, while my husband and I opted for the Tuesday 3-course dinner special. The mixed green salad and the Caesar salad were both attractively served. I enjoyed the seafood hotpot but my husband was less enthusiastic about his curried prawns, which arrived lukewarm. We enjoyed both the dessert options of creme brulee and tiramisu. Service was good, and we enjoyed the view and a welcome breeze through an open window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never been disappointedTheKidsAlrightDined on 8/4/2014Been many times and keep returning. Always a good dining experience. This time we did try the crab artichoke dip for an appi and wasn't impressed. Dip was a little dry and the chips had too much cayenne pepper on them so they over powered the flavours of the dip. It want terrible but won't order it again. Main course was a flat steak cooked perfectly and very tasty sides of veggies and garlic mash. Unfortunately had no room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014we had reserved for a windown seat/did not get one until we had a table of four guys who sat near the windown and one of them decided to spit out the window/we then talk to the manager and he moved us to the other side where we got a window/what is the point of making reservations if you cannot get what you asked for/this isn't macdonalds/neither did he comp a free desser/this group of guys should have been asked to leave/not a very happy customerSpecial Features:
- too hot in the summerLJPODined on 8/2/2014Our reservation was for five people at 5pm August 02 - my husband's birthday. We didn't get an open window table, but a closed window table at the extreme right hand side at the back, behind an open window table. We had to lower the shades when we first sat down because of the sun coming through the window at the people sitting closest to it. It helped for a while until the restaurant started filling up and getting hotter. After eating a delicious dinner, we all had full intentions of ordering dessert and special coffees, but at that point, everyone at the table was sweating bullets !!! To the point of being so hot and uncomfortable, we chose to leave instead. It wasnt what we wanted from the evening by any means. Very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- casual elegancelimabeanDined on 7/31/2014Had dinner here in enclosed patio after finding the restaurant in my entertainment book and reading reviews. The online reviews were spot-on but I still didn't expect such good food and top notch service for what feels like hanging on a nice beach-view patio. Variety of menu from $10 salads to $25 entrees, daily drink specials (looks like a great place for 1/2 price wine bottle night) and as I left a blues group was playing. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food!krisDined on 7/25/2014Although this is right in ou neighbourhood, we hadn't been there before except for drinks (which are unusual and very good). The food was delicious and well presented. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- 3 times a charmPietroblanco2oDined on 7/25/2014This was our third visit to Washington Avenue Grill, all of them for supper and none of them disappointing. Food and service have been consistently excellent, and the location and ambience are terrific. It was a beautiful summer evening and we were seated in the southern addition with all its windows open to admit the gentle ocean breeze. The flatiron steak with seafood béarnaise was wonderful, as was the chicken and pesto linguine which was so obviously calorie-laden but a rare treat. An extensive and interesting wine list is an added bonus, as is the low-key live entertainment.Special Features:
- Ahi Tuna entreeBlessingstoall12345Dined on 7/25/2014We had a lovely time at WG. The service was very good, the scenic view and ambience were all very appreciated. We were a group of four. Everyone enjoyed their dinner. However, if I could make a suggestion regarding the Ahi tuna entrée that I ordered. Since I order Ahi tuna frequently and have eaten this dish from various restaurants in Canada and the U.S. I would suggest that it be sliced thinly as opposed to thick slices as it is served quite rare. I would also recommend that your sauce be modified to a lighter glaze. As a local hillside resident, we have always enjoyed WG very much! Thank you and keep up the fine work of entertaining the many who walk through your doors of hospitality and warm welcome.Special Features:
- good not greatsteveportmoodyVIPDined on 7/25/2014went for lunch and place was not busy. Sat in covered outdoor patio with view of ocean. Waitress very friendly and efficient. Nice to have draft craft beer. Food OK not great. Place looks pretty tired , ripped seat not impressive.Special Features:
- good dinnerLikeWagDined on 7/22/2014a memorable dinner with a superb waiter, he knew his menu and could give good recommendations when we asked. I think your vegetables need to be cooked more, the day of crisp veggies has passed. Uncooked are not flavourful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.