3-1360 Taylor Ave
Winnipeg, MB R3M 3Z1Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.wasabigroup.com/
- Phone: 2044157878
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Wasabisabi
Every day, our chefs create innovative and tasty dishes designed to make your mouth water and inspire you to try something new. Our use of the very freshest ingredients from all corners of the world is a part of our dedication to offering you a unique experience every time you visit us. We consider sushi to be an art form, encompassing a delicate balance of elements; and, like all great art, each dish is created to order and presented with the attention to detail that we have become well-known for. Great food cannot be rushed. We think of the extra time we take to create your meal as an opportunity for you to relax and savour every aspect of your experience with us. Welcome to Wasabi. You are in good hands.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Wasabisabi - Best Restaurants in Winnipeg ›
Wasabisabi reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (22)special occasion (17)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (12)hot spot (8)great for lunch (7)romantic (6)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Spectacular mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Fantastic sushi and incredible appetizers. Best meal we've had in a long time. Celiac-friendly options are terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome for VegetariansvegedinerDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I are both vegetarians. Wasabi was a treat for us where we didn't just get the usual sushis. They were creative and delicious. I highly recommend Wasabi.Special Features:
- More than sushi, more than good!0nawhimDined on 8/15/2014Pay attention: this is not another all-u-can-eat mediocre sushi joint. This is a pay-more, get-a-whole-lot-more, top notch quality restaurant. I love that their menu includes both traditional sushi (which is perfectly fresh, and boasts an impressive selection), as well as "new style" dishes that are creative, delicious, and gorgeously presented. And a nice side-benefit of this adventuresome menu is: they actually offer stunning desserts as well. None of this "green tea ice cream" nonsense; they offer a ginger creme brule that is out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sushie/server suckedsushiesupperDined on 7/26/2014great food, but service was a little stand offish and was not at all wanting to engage us. also was a little surprized that there is no wine by the litre and had to order buy the bottle got a little pricey as we ordered 3 for our group of six.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodManitobaDined on 7/4/2014Enjoyed the evening as a repeat customer as the food is delicious .Special Features:
- Great sushimmloDined on 6/21/2014Party of six. Friendly helpful staff. Comfortable atmosphere, had table upstairs where we could watch sushi chefs at work. All 10 dishes ordered were great, especially the "Bob Marley" Will be back! It was a great sushi dining experience for group to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Food was great, service alrightthatlovelyguyDined on 6/10/2014The food was delicious and I would definitely go back for that but the service could have been a little quicker. The server asked if we needed more time in which we politely said a couple more minutes, but he did not come back till about 15 minutes later. The server was nice and all but wasn't as quick as I would like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service not so muchHmbnicholsonDined on 5/29/2014A power failure took out the lights & air conditioning moments after we were seated. We dined by candlelight & they cook with gas so the meal was unaffected. Food was quite good, if a tad difficult to see. However, once our order was taken, we never saw the server again - until it was time to deliver the bill. No one offered a second drink or refilled our water, except for delivery of food, we were ignored & has to flag down someone to ask for another drink & some wasabi & ginger to accompany our food. When the server made her reappearance with the bill, it was to inform us that they were closing the kitchen. The food was still quite good, but it was really lousy service considering the bill was over $100 for just two people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 3rd Location!DKSmoothDined on 5/24/2014Wasabi on Broadway has always been one of the (if not THE) best sushi restaurants in the city - and Wasabisabi's menu is just as good, in a more casual atmosphere. The sushi was top notch, there are some cool new "fusion" dishes - and the service was polite and friendly as usual. We'll definitely be back. Highly recommended! A+Special Features:
- Great ExperiencePegmannDined on 5/11/2014This was our first time at sushi restaurant. Our server was very helpful explaining the menu options to us. We ordered and shared an appetizer and ordered three main dishes. This was a good amount for the two of us. We were seated in the back room and were the only ones there when we first arrived. But as it filled up it got quite noisy. The main area may have been a little quieter since it has the higher ceiling. We would definitely go back since food and price was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 75 reviews are from the Wasabisabi reviews archive.
- never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014We are never disappointed with the excellent quality and variety of the sushi.....distinctly tasty and artfully beautiful...always a treat to the palate and the eye. Ambience is comfortable and fun; place is buzzing with activity and service is friendly and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps on deliveringtheclevercoupleDined on 4/23/2014Again, Wasabisabi delivers great food and service. The sushi is fresh, fresh, fresh and the menu continues to delight us with its changing items that are always tasty and beautiful to the eye. Our only reservation ever is the cost; we go on special occasions as the Sake prices (while delicious) are super pricey and when coupled with food it is difficult to leave without a $200 tab for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite!wsjsDined on 4/18/2014Have dined here several times, always impressed with the quality and presentation of the dishes. Usually service is excellent especially during busy times, however this most recent visit the service was just was I would consider fair, at best. Otherwise the food was great as usual. Will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi at it's best!SushiloverDined on 3/29/2014The food and service never disappoint. This is definitely the best sushi dining in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- who serves wine in a plastic bottleFoodluver69Dined on 3/27/2014My girlfriend and I went there the other night food was good. But ordered wine and it came in a plastic bottle. I mean really? Who serves wine in plastic bottle I paid $38 for a bottle wine and it came in a plastic bottle and is wasn't very good. Don't order the crappy plastic bottle wine. Bad
- Excellent Service and FoodholiDined on 3/24/2014We have enjoyed our dinners and the time together each time i have come here with family and/or friends. The food was very good and the service was excellent this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite sushi restaurantpcarnDined on 3/15/2014Pro's: - Innovative dishes - Grilled sable fish was stellar - Friendly service Con's - Has to be the most expensive sushi in Winnipeg - If you're going to charge top dollar, make sure that your menus aren't falling apart. That might be expected in a lesser restaurant, but it reflects poorly on a better restaurant. - The special roll of the night was delicious but exceptionally expensive, and it fell apart as we ate it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy, inattentive, mediocrecdagoldengirlDined on 2/21/2014The atmosphere was incredibly noisy to the point we couldn't even have a conversation at our table. The service was by far the worst I have ever had at Wasabi, server was barely there and was quite inattentive. As for food, it left me disappointed for the price considering I have been many times before. The food was inconsistent I quality in comparison to past visits. I waited 20 minutes for my mango prawns while the rest of my table was eating their maki rolls. When they came, the server just said sorry and didn't even attempt to discount our bill. We won't be back.
- Over priced and had to waitMattDined on 2/14/2014Over priced and had to wait to long with a reservatio .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, High QualityBrendanDined on 2/14/2014Food was excellent, great atmosphere as well. If you like sushi, this is the place to be.Special Features:
- Fantastic!dasamaDined on 1/25/2014Went with a group of friends for birthdays, it was fantastic! We had our own little corner to ourselves, very private in a busy restaurant. Food was outstandingly great! Our server was knowledgeable and very friendly, great recommendations. We really enjoyed the special, the Bob Marley.Special Features:
- The food and atmosphere areDineOut7Dined on 1/10/2014The food and atmosphere are wonderful. We went on a busy night and our food took far too long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter was very knowledgableJanetLDined on 1/3/2014Waiter was very knowledgable about gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingJessicaDined on 12/31/2013Wasabi sabi never let's you down. The food is spectacular, the service is good, this has got to be in my top 3 for restaurants ANYWHERE. Hats off to the owner and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- presentation of the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/26/2013presentation of the food was nice but was extremely over-priced. A 10 dollar roll there is 5.5o any where else.
- Great food service slowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2013Great food but service was extremely slow. Our waiter was slow and food service slow.
- Wonderful but priceyThought4foodDined on 12/20/2013Excellent Japanese food, don't bother with the menu, ask the chef to provide a meal, and, as you eat, tell your server one course or two before you think you are full. Ambience is good, but it can be noisy. Plenty of free parking: restaurant does not look like much from the outside. Booking early a good idea, ask for a seat near the kitchen to see the chef in action or upstairs for a cosy, romantic dinner. Wine list is good but expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodmonkeyDined on 11/29/2013Service OK. Waitress didn't seem too keen on having us do Sake Bombs. She gave us stink eye. Otherwise food was pretty good. Great atmosphere. Good overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab as always!FoodfanDined on 11/26/2013Wasabi is always a favorite with everyone I talk to...good parking, good location, great food, I could go on and on..Special Features:
- Missed the markMJR1Dined on 11/23/2013Usually expect the best from Wasabi group. This time was different. Service was VERY slow and unattentive. The quality of food was fantastic though. Will think twice about returning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & Beautiful SushiVivianDined on 11/23/2013Helpful server when choosing items for sharing. Unhappily,out of our group of 8, two who chose a meal instead of sharing the sushi were left waiting until the last of the rolls were served to the rest of us. All the food was excellent. Very attentive to allergy concerns.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehJafoDined on 11/8/2013We went to Wasabisabi based on recommendation from a friend. The food was great and the service was also very good except that the server wasnt really well versed in what pairings went together and which sushi a novice could enjoy. The food was presented well and in a timely manner with very little delay between dishes. I found the cost to be a little exorbitant for the amount that you received (perhaps $5 per scallop isnt exorbitant but what do I know), the room was dark to the point that it was difficult to read the menu. In the end I was wondering what all the fuss was about.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, Service slowSportygalDined on 10/28/2013Food was decent but pricey for the quality and quantity that you receive. Had New Style Sashimi assorted and ended up getting tuna and salmon anyways. Hot Sake wasn't hot but luke warm the 1st time around, had to ask the waitress to make it hot for the next round. Mahalo roll was expensive and okay but I wouldn't recommend, 8 pieces for $22 so not worth it. Chocolate bling for dessert was too sweet and it has changed since the last time I had it there. It has a gooey super sweet white chocolate inside just under the hard chocolate shell and then the dark chocolate ganache underneath. Waitress brought the bill and took my friend's coffee cup away without asking if she wanted another cup. We had to ask for her another cup of coffee.Special Features:
- poorly designedfrustratingDined on 10/25/2013We were seated at a table that was so dark that we could barely read the menu. Had to use the light from a cell phone. Missed the cup when pouring tea; the server had to mop up twice. More help in ordering from the menu would have helped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatdukhudoDined on 9/7/2013Been here a number of times, never been disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful sushiBrianhisDined on 8/22/2013Food is the best quality in winnipeg. Love the atmosphere. Service was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Group Dininghappyjack6Dined on 8/18/2013Our family ate at Wasabisabi for a birthday celebration. We arrived a bit early and our table was ready. Our server was prompt and well timed. The Mango Prawns are great! Sushi is of course great for sharing and all was of great quality and flavour. The sushi pizza was smaller than expected and not really great for sharing with 6 people. All in all we enjoyed our meal and would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Wasabi Sabi wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2013Dinner at Wasabi Sabi was delicious, as it always is there. My husband and I tried Sake and the recommendation made by our server was excellent. We were a bit reluctant to try Sake as we had both tried it once before and found it very bitter and not the least bit enjoyable. Glad we stepped out of our comfort zone to try it again! Will go to Wasabi again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Outstanding ServicePatnLouDined on 8/3/2013My husband and I went on the Saturday night of the August long weekend. The restaurant was not overly busy, but just right. Our very attentive server helped us pick out a very good appetizer (Sushi Tortilla), assortment of entrées, drinks, wine and dessert as we were not sure if we would order too much or too little. I have to admit the flavours in all of our choices were amazing. Each piece was a flavour sensation! I started the whole process with a Lemongrass Mojito which was delicious and finished with the Chocolate Truffles which were amazing. My husband enjoyed the Chocolate Bling desert which was to-die-for. Our entire experience was positive, a little bit pricey, but worth it for a splurge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousAndyDined on 7/25/2013Wasabi on Taylor always has delicious food and great service. We always come here when we want sushi, it's by far the best in Winnipeg. We recommend it to all our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.