Wasabi on Broadway
588 Broadway Ave
Winnipeg, MB R3C 0W5Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Wasabi on Broadway
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://wasabigroup.com/
- Phone: (204) 774-4324
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Cho Venevongsa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Tracy Chen 2047744328
A word from Wasabi on Broadway
Every day, our chefs create innovative and tasty dishes designed to make your mouth water and inspire you to try something new. Our use of the very freshest ingredients from all corners of the world is a part of our dedication to offering you a unique experience every time you visit us. We consider sushi to be an art form, encompassing a delicate balance of elements; and, like all great art, each dish is created to order and presented with the attention to detail that we have become well-known for. Great food cannot be rushed. We think of the extra time we take to create your meal as an opportunity for you to relax and savour every aspect of your experience with us. Welcome to Wasabi. You are in good hands.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Wasabi on Broadway - Best Restaurants in Winnipeg ›
Wasabi on Broadway reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (15)romantic (10)special occasion (10)good for groups (9)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Expecting a lot but disappointedSushiLoverDined on 11/12/2014I need sushi to be at least very good. We had high expectations but were quite disappointed in the quality. The tuna sashimi was bordering on mushy. The salmon sashimi had good texture but the flavor was bland. The edamame was dry, like it had been frozen too long.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Every time I go to Wasabi I am never disapointed. They are all so welcoming when you get there, staff is knowledgeable and the food is fantastic. As you leave they staff are always there with a smile and a departing word to send you on your way. Great atomosphere and experience everytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs work.EpicureanLadyDined on 10/28/2014Food was good as usual. However the service was weak and could use better training. She had only attended to us once in the beginning to take our order, then again to deliver the food which arrived about 30 minutes later. There was no refill on the water until the last bite of the meal and we did not see her throughout our dining experience. If I got her name I would definitely request to not have her as my server again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous serviceBirthdayDined on 10/21/2014The service was exceptional. The food was delicious. The quantity was plentiful. The presentation was beautiful. .Special Features:
- Japanese in WinnipegTimdVIPDined on 10/20/2014Great Japanese restaurant in Winnipeg. Nice setting and a very good lunch. Expensive, but, that is the way with Japanese. Elegantly prepared and served, the sushi was excellent. The tempura was a little heavy, but still very good. Overall this is a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Sets the standard for SushiManitobaEaterDined on 10/15/2014My wide and I had a fine lunch. The Sushi is top notch and the service was expertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service inexcusable!HotdogDined on 10/6/2014Took my 90+ year old parents for dinner, on a Monday night at 5:30 intentionally in order to have a quiet meal before the restaurant might get busy. Restaurant was very accomodating with a quiet table I requested and serves were friendly. What was poor service was the food. My parents had their entrees served to them 20 minutes before my guest and I....and even then, they waited close to an hour. We were to,d they had a big take out order at the same time we placed our order...Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerHappydinersDined on 9/23/2014Our daughter wanted to try your restaurant for her 18th Birthday. None of us had been there before. From the moment we walked in we were greeted by friendly faces, seated immediately, and had drinks on the table within 5 minutes. The overall atmosphere was calming and serene. The food was absolutely amazing. The presentation of the food when it came out was outstanding and the overall taste was mouthwatering. It is definitely a place we will return to and highly recommend to our friends and family!Special Features:
- JuiceDined on 9/11/2014Great as always...food, service A+. Wasabi on broadway never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in TownCindy52Dined on 8/24/2014Always delicious and excellent service . We were a large group and were impressed with the timely arrival of the various dishes we ordered. It was a relaxed evening with great food and the waitress and chefs made the experience so much nicer .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always top notchTowner54Dined on 8/21/2014Winnipeg's best sushi, always. Great food, excellent sashimi choices. Blue fin tuna was wonderful.Special Features:
- need more starsGraemeVIPDined on 8/14/2014I wish there were more stars for the food rating. Wasabi has the best sushi in winnipeg and dare to say Canada. New Style is the only way to go. Cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- Best sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014I love the sushi here - it's one of the best in the city. A neat location and building as well.Special Features:
- The following 50 reviews are from the Wasabi on Broadway reviews archive.
- comfortable settingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/7/2014Enjoyed dinner on the screened in porch with some friends. Food was generally good - a couple of dishes lacked flavour but Red Velvet really great vegetarian selection. Shrimp and mango tasty too. Service was a little uneven - some things came quickly and others took more time than would be expected.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!13Cherry88Dined on 7/5/2014Love this place! Every time I dine here, I am blown away by the quality of the food. The appetizers, rolls and sashimi are above all other in Winnipeg. Will be back soon!Special Features:
- Frenchie6911Dined on 6/27/2014Our server John was very friendly and open. He explained all of the day's specials and when requested gave us recommendations based on specific details! Realy enjoyed our evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- do yourself a favour and go today!operarapfanDined on 6/13/2014It was too beautiful to sit inside so we sat in the enclosed patio, enjoying both the street life (which happily was not too close for comfort) and the relaxing greenery the restaurant has so carefully nurtured. What a perfect way to begin a summer lunch in Winnipeg. The service was pleasant, friendly and knowledgeable about both the food and the wine. And what food it was!! The oysters to start were plump and flavourful. The Ocean View and Green Spider sushi was amazing. The special of the day - Team Alex - was the perfect way to finish a delightful lunch, combining sweet and succulent flavours. What a great lunch - very pleasant and definitely to be repeated ... many times.Special Features:
- Nancyslate2eatDined on 5/30/2014This Winnipeg iconic sushi restaurant has definitely lived up to the expectation. The food is beyond amazing. The irony is that after picking up a former Winnipeger who now lives in Vancouver, from the airport, we headed directly to Wasabi as she cannot find a sushi equivalent in Vancouver! She immediately ordered the Volcano roll & deep fried sweet chili prawns to start. It did not disappoint. We had a wonderful evening on the outdoor patio. The waitress was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. We are craving to return! Five star sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday treat!happy4foodDined on 4/29/2014I recently took a close and long-time friend for an early dinner to celebrate (belatedly) her birthday and we had a wonderful time. The food was excellent (neither of us were "crazy" about one of our choices, but that was personal taste, not a fault of the food at all) and the service superb, the precise blend of attention and privacy we always hope for. I had mentioned my friend's birthday, but only in passing and so she and I were both very pleasantly surprised when the server appeared with a lovely dish of ice cream to celebrate. And who knew that black sesame seed ice cream is delectable?! I will be back soon, this time to treat my research assistant for her hard work over the course of the year ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh fishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014The best compliment was that the food was so tasty. We attribute it to the quality and freshness of the ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicebrianDined on 4/2/2014The restaurant is very good also fresh but there is a one disadvantage, all the dishes are too expensive. the average is 50 per person.Special Features:
- Really enjoy this restaurantLuvsushiDined on 4/1/2014Really enjoy this restaurant food service very good highly recommend dining hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesometucci204Dined on 3/28/2014Took a girl there for our first date and i am glad to say great atmosphere and great food! Made for a perfect night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and very welcoming.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2014Excellent and very welcoming. A pleasant experience for a traveller going through Winnipeg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but great food.RubyOldsDined on 3/18/2014First time visting Wasabi on Broadway. Atmosphere and decor is nice, food was great albiet on the pricey side. Highly recommend the Green Hornet specialty roll. If it was not for the price I would rank Wasabi on Broadway as my new favorite Sushi restaurant in Winnipeg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- has it rightannominusDined on 3/8/2014The food was great. Wonderful atmosphere, and excellent service.Special Features:
- Pricey but goodanonymousDined on 2/11/2014Everything was great. Creative rolls, good service, great tasting food. The only negative was that we ordered the Salmon Carpaccio appetizer for $18 but it was just 8 pieces of thinly sliced sashimi with a sauce drizzled on top; we were both a bit disappointed with the actual amount of food. Be prepared for the bill - with a simple glass of wine each and being full when we left it came to $180 after tax and tip for two people. Without the wine and Salmon Carpaccio (which I wouldn't order again due to the value for $) we could have gotten away with $140. I would say that unless you are a true sushi connoisseur there are less expensive options that will be just as satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBrickDined on 2/8/2014This restaurant was outstanding they gave great service and the food was greatSpecial Features:
- Over priced, but innovative sushiBrieDined on 2/7/2014Over priced sushi - with some fun innovative rolls. Service was slow - short staffed intentionally it sounded like. Can get sushi and atmosphere just as good for less at a variety of places in Winnipeg .I would recommend this to a friend.
- The oysters they have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 1/28/2014The oysters they have been getting from BC aren't has good has the Malbec.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never going back!FurbsDined on 1/25/2014A lack of customer service makes this overpriced restaurant not worth going!
- We had a great time!MaveDined on 1/7/2014Service was really good, food came out in a timely manner, great sushi. I have been going for over 15 years and always have a good experience. We were disappointed because there were no King Crab legs or Broadway scallops which I feel were an important part of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service veryLuvsushiDined on 12/10/2013The food and service very good we go there often as we really enjoy sushi they have very good oysters Tuesdy is the night for that..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodFrenchie6911Dined on 11/29/2013The food choices are extensive. The specisls are excellent and varied and worth trying them all! The presentation is exceptional!Special Features:
- WonderfulMhudsDined on 11/10/2013Beautiful evening, Wonderful food. Great Service, will be going back and will recommend this location to friends,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFrenchie6911Dined on 7/4/2013I love going to Wasabi! The food is unbelievingly good and the presentation is sans pareil! The service is exceptional and very friendly! Because it is so expensive, I can only go on special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasabi on BroadwayLouiseDined on 7/3/2013Wonderful meal, beautifully presented, flavours amazing. Great seating options, beautiful area, friendly staff - I love this place. I've been there with my children, on a romantic date night, and on a night out with friends and for each situation, the choices around seating and menu items were entirely appropriate. There are several delicious non-sushi items and among the sushi menu, there are several vegetarian and cooked fish options - definitely something for everyone. I recommend this place to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for sushiMaveDined on 5/11/2013I have been going to Wasabi on Broadway ever since I got into the sushi craze, about 10 years ago. The food is always expertly prepared and presented, service is exceptional and i always feel comfortable going there, even on my own. I have moved out of Winnipeg but still intend on going there when I come into town. Thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you are into sushi thisOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013If you are into sushi this is a great place to try out.Special Features:
- Freshest suschiLauretteVIPDined on 4/23/2013This is our favourite sushi restaurant in Winnipeg. The service is always prompt and friendly, The food and the presentation is excellent.Special Features: