524 Castro Street
San Francisco, CA 94114Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 4157010082
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am-4:oopm
Dinner: Daily 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Dragon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Wasabi Bistro
Wasabi Bistro serve a variety of Japanese cuisine, traditional and modern. We have our own special creation such as Golden Eye, Yuzu Hirame, Shooter Tasting. They are prepared with fresh fish and seafood everyday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wasabi Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent service - Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/15/2014Our server, ALLEN, was fabulous! He made our evening out really special. Thanks for the great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very solid dining experiencepoorgirlDined on 2/1/2014Solid service, good food, and at a decent price? Yes please. Would recommend, and would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; inattentive serviceChuckVIPDined on 2/1/2014Not once during our meal did the wait staff ask how our meal was or refresh our tea. "Attitude"
- Awesome food, poor serviceHiolly83Dined on 1/20/2014The food at Wasabi Lounge was great but the service was horrible. My entree came way before my wife's and a several minutes before the appetizer!!! It was slow and quiet in the restaurant, almost no patrons and this happened. I had been looking forward to eating there for a long time but the service will forever keep me at bay.Special Features:
- Expensive Dining in a Z GalleriejaytayDined on 1/4/2014Cool, kitchy atmosphere, but the food is way too expensive. This is always a last resort of sorts for us when looking for sushi (basically when everything else is booked) because the rolls are overpriced for what they are. This visit sealed the coffin as the service was horrendous even though nobody else was in the restaurant. Oh right--and they added an automatic 18% gratuity for a group of 6. I'm done with Wasabi Bistro.
- Great Food, Bad Service!RonJVIPDined on 12/16/2013Food was amazing!!! Service was bad, they did not ask to take drink order till almost 20 minutes after we were seated. Would understand if busy, but they only three tables at that point. Reason, "had important things to take care of in back"? Last time I checked the customer was the important thing. Also forgot to bring desert menu before bringing bill even after requesting it. Overall amazing food!! Just don't expect great or even good service.
- DisappointedRobertSDCADined on 10/11/2013Honestly, the server ruined our experience. Never took our drink order; in fact he walked away just as we were going to order our beverages following our meal selection. You can image the look of shock on our faces when he simply walked away without even asking if we wanted something to drink. The server never stopped by our table again the rest of our visit. The restaurant was half occupied during our reservation (8:00 PM.) It was other staff who swooped in to deliver our food and sweep away our empty plates, without uttering but three words. We felt ignored and disrespected. The front host delivered and processed our check. The food was descent and portion sizes were generous. The general ambience and decor are warm and nice.
- Excellent service - Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/25/2013Excellent service. Great food. Too much flashy decor. Very loud in the evening. Quieter in the early evening & afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great prices but...TobrobVIPDined on 7/25/2013happy hour pricing on drinks and excellent list of food items is really terrific...especially for those of us who can't seem to eat enough sushi. however, you get what you pay for. The quality of the food is "meh". Plus, the day we went there was only 1 sushi chef and we were 8 people and there were other tables needing to be served. On arrival at 5 I informed the waiter we needed to leave by 6 to attend a movie-more than enough time in just about any sushi place to have a relaxed meal. some of us were served by 5:40. Some didn't receive any of the items ordered until 6! And none of it was worth being aggravated about.
- Unique and DeliciousFrankDined on 7/15/2013The food is very fresh and beautifully presented. The dishes are very unique, unlike most other Japanese restaurants. Our waitress was excellent, very attentive with great advise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi in the CastroJasonVIPDined on 6/29/2013Wasabi Bistro is a savior!! During Pride 2013, we luckily scored a minute reservation when our original restaurant had to close due to a power outage. Being a pride veteran but a Wasabi virgin, Wasabi managed the insanity of pride amazingly well and better than most I've seen. Servers and the host (I believe the manager) were fabulously positive and helpful throughout our meal. Food is great tasting and not overly 'Americanized'. They have a very large sake selection too! If you are in the Casto and want some great sushi, definitely try Wasabi!Special Features:
- We have been to Wasabi 3 toHankDined on 6/28/2013We have been to Wasabi 3 to 4 times. The first couple of times the food seemed really good. This time, the fish was too oily and the tempura not very crisp. The food was OK but not outstanding. However, this may just have been our selection and other things on the menu may have been better. Also, for those who like wine with dinner (as opposed to beer or sake or plum wine), Wasabi does not have a standard wine list.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome sushi & sashimiOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/22/2013The quality of fish used here is top notch! All of the appetizers we tried were hits. Highly recommended if you are looking for sushi in the Castro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrific addition to the CastroOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/21/2013Wasabi Bistro serves delicious, inventive Japanese food -- a large selection of rolls, sushi an sashimi, tempura and skewers. Everything we ordered was delicious and the service was prompt and personal, despite the fact that the place was packed on a Friday night. Be sure to order the bacon wrapped shrimp and a couple of their rolls. Beer, wine and sake are available and there are booths and tables. All the staff were extremely pleasant and professional. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- New Restaurant Decent FoodCALMVIPDined on 6/21/2013Good service and pretty good selection of sushi. This is good if you have time to spare, not so great if you're in a rush.Special Features:
- love the people who work there.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/14/2013love the people who work there. My extended family.Special Features:
- Superior service, which isOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/7/2013Superior service, which is important in a sushi restaurant where the waiters have multiple orders from a table. The sushi was superb, including the hard-to-succeed items.Special Features:
- Excellent new Japanese food optionFrankDined on 2/14/2013This is a new neighborhood restaurant. We were very impressed with the quality of the food, the taste, the presentation and freshness. The atmosphere is nice and the service is very good. We will be back.Special Features:
- The host was rude and notOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/17/2013The host was rude and not very personable - wait staff was much better, but the experience and the front door set the whole tone...