1414 Lincoln Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90401Neighborhood:
PolishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.warszawarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (310) 393-8831
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Closed Mondays
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Polish
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Warszawa
Warszawa Restaurant first opened in 1979 and has been serving Polish food in the Los Angeles area ever since. Owner/Chef Elina O'Lague continues to create traditional Polish fare such as pierogis, stroganoff, borsch and slow-roasted duck in a contemporary, health-conscious way. Converted from a house to restaurant in the 1970's, the space offers unique dining with an old world feel, combined with a backyard patio bar featuring music, signature cocktails and polish brews.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Warszawa - Best Restaurants in Santa Monica ›
Warszawa reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (10)special occasion (9)romantic (8)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Service way too slow.CathyDined on 11/15/2014Could not rate the food because we waited for an hour and a half for our food and left as we could no longer wait,Special Features:
- Good Experience at WarszawaPaulWDined on 11/14/2014No complaints with this restaurant. We tried all the traditionals - Peirogies, Stroganoff, Schnitzel, Spatzal, Borscht. All good. Something new to me and very good was their Bacon wrapped prunes appetizer. That is a must have. Also noteworthy was the olive spread served with the bread. It had just a hint of garlic. Much better than butter. Service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still great after many years!foodloverDined on 11/9/2014We hadn't been here in many years and brought out of town friends to celebrate a birthday. The server was wonderful in terms of answering questions about preparation, dietary restructions, etc. The food was plentiful and prepared to perfection. I particularly remembered the duck, and it did not disappoint. The server checked several times to see how we were doing a d made us feel very much at home. Brought an excellent dark chocolate cake with creme sauce for the birthday honoree. Now that we have rediscovered this restaurant, we will be back often.Special Features:
- OutstandingSandyDined on 11/8/2014Gracious, accommodating service, fine menu excellent food. The duck, potato pancakes, stuffed cabbage and Beef Stroganoff were great. Desserts and coffee were delish! Will return again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise eclectic gem.DSandDSVIPDined on 10/14/2014I've passed this restaurant for years, always curious about the place. It did not disappoint. The food was amazing. Service great, and has a funky eastern European vibe.Special Features:
- Great Polish Comfort FoodSpankyVIPDined on 10/14/2014We have been returning to Warsawa for years, and enjoy it every single time. The stuffed cabbage is one of our favorites, as are the cheese and potatoe Pierogies. On a rainy night, it is often our first choice, as it is cozy and they make type of food that warms you up on a chilly eve. The staff are friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SofiaVIPDined on 9/26/2014Very nice restaurant located in an old house in Santa Monica. The food is Polish/European and delicious. So are the cocktails and the wine selection. Definitely a place to try.
- Best food ive had in forever!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014Delicious food! Even better service from Carolina. This place is amazing!! Def will be going here once a month.Special Features:
- runpadDined on 8/30/2014Very nice inside and the borsht was suprisingly good.Special Features:
- Excellent food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Every one of us enjoyed our meal and the service was very attentive and got everything right the first time. No hassle and would eat here again.Special Features:
- YEHUDITDined on 8/10/2014I INVITED MY BEST FRIEND WHO WAS BORN IN POLAND TO CELEBRATE HER BIRTHDAY. IN ONE WORD IT WAS OUTSTANDING. WE ENJOYED EVERYTHING AND WILL DEFINITELY COME AGAIN.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014We had a wonderful dinner, great food and the service was excellent. I appreciated the ease of making my reservation on line.It was an experience I plan to repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningVanNuysVicDined on 8/2/2014This was the second time I've been to Warszawa and both times, the food and the service has been excellent. If you are looking for Polish cuisine, this is the spot. It's been around for decades and for good reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 34 reviews are from the Warszawa reviews archive.
- Reliably wonderfulwillbebackDined on 7/22/2014Never disappoints! This time I had the salmon but the mushroom "gnocci" (hubby got that) were out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little bit of PolandHomecook100VIPDined on 7/11/2014What a great place this is. The food is really terrific and the items on the menu will satisfy anyone's need to eat authentic Polish food. The pierogies are really really good. They have a wonderful selection of appetizers and the bar features a number of Polish vodkas.Special Features:
- Grandma's dinnerAnaveragejoeDined on 6/24/2014The BEST potato pancakes, pierogi, and stuffed cabbage. I would swear my Polish grandmother was in the kitchen cooking!
- Sunday meal w/ your polish grandmapopsDined on 6/21/2014Herring w/apple and scallion sauce, borscht, 4 kinds of pierogi, stuffed cabbage, Veal paprikash, a substantial menu with something for everyone. All prepared simply and well. Friendly staff, and a some great Polish vodkas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great experiencehungryhungryhippoDined on 6/14/2014The service was very slow and the staff was not attentive. While we had a large party, it took over 2 hours to get our food on the table. Once the food arrived, two of our guest's orders had been forgotten. Our food went cold waiting for the other two guests to be served. Water was refilled 3 times over the course of the 2 hours. Portions were small for the price, but tasted ok. Overall, we would not return; nor would we recommend this restaurant to our friends.
- Would recommend for the food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2014The food is very good. We would return at any opportunity. Our problem is we live in Rancho Palos Verdes therefore it is a little far away to consider very often.
- Polish!YummyVIPDined on 6/7/2014Other "foodies" have raged of this restuarant to me. My ancestery is from Poland, so I wanted to try it. The beef straganoff was indecribable...I took a picture and sent it back to Nebraska where my family is. All I can say is that I plan to go back and try every item on the menu. The decor is so nice, unlike any trendy place we now see in L.A.Special Features:
- Much Better Than You'd ThinkDorseyDonVIPDined on 5/30/2014If you like food from this part of the world; you shouldn't be disappointed, unless you imagine that your grandmother's idiosyncratic form of borsht or stroganoff was beyond compare. The food is all done very well, with very fresh ingredients -- maybe with the smallest twist here and there, as a tiny concession to California Cuisine. It is a very pleasant room and patio -- very 1980's Bay Area: a California Craftsman home in all white with lace curtains and dark hardwood floors; very charming. The crowd is an interesting mix of older regulars and successful young Google types. It's a fun scene.Special Features:
- DinerDaisyDined on 5/20/2014The dinner was delicious. We sampled a number of items and loved everything. We waited a while for our food, but everything was made fresh and really flavorful. The restaurant is inside an old house and has such a lovely atmosphere -- so serene.
- A Santa Moinca gemcaliboy63Dined on 5/18/2014We really enjoy Warszawa and love the fact it's so near. If you're not near it would be a great place to travel to as well. It is that good! We love several of their dishes and we have them every time we are there. We usually start with potato pancakes but they were offering their pickle soup and when it's available it always wins. That soup is delicious. Lightly sour (like a pickle) and unctuous (like tom kha soup) I crave it as I write this. Their Chicken Paprikash is lovely and served with spaetzle. A fine dish. We ALWAYS order their superb pierogi (1 order that includes 2 FRIED cheese, and another order that includes two 2 STEAMED chicken (with a sauce that accompanies them.) That is how pierogis are done!! And Honey Liqueur to finish!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply divineLaurelBDined on 5/10/2014This was my first time dining at Warszawa or any Polish restaurant. I had an early Mother's Day dinner with my son, and this restaurant came recommended. The online menu had plenty of vegetarian choices for my son. The raw cauliflower florettes in a garlic sauce were extraordinary. Even the carrots and broccoli had great flavor. My son had the potato and cheese pierogi dinner and we had cold vegetarian borscht that was sublime, the homemade bread with olive tapenade, the sliced cucumber and yogurt, and I had the beef stroganoff. I also tried the bison grass vodka and Zywiec, a Polish beer. For dessert we had the lemon custard crepe with raspberry sauce and the warm apple tart, and I had the homemade lemon liquer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CozyDiningadventuresDined on 5/9/2014A great place to experience Polish dining. Sweet staff with some excellent traditional Polish food. Lovely ambiance. Some staff even speaks Polish which was a wonderful surprise.Special Features:
- Diamond in the RoughTinkeRDined on 5/8/2014If you like hearty comforting food with amazing flavors and want to have a truly genuine authentic meal go here! you will enjoy not having to speak louder than the sounds of 15 different flatscreen tv's and top 40 music playing. This place is quiet even when its packed, the service is terrific, and the food is full of flavor and delicious. I love the set up in here, even when the restaraunt is full you can have an intimate meal here. Top Notch! Try The Warszawa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home CookingMissMDined on 4/27/2014Warszawa satisfies one's craving for old world home cooking. This is not light cuisine, but is delicious when you are looking for Polish/Eastern European food. I have been twice in the recent past, and loved it both times. The restaurant is in an old home left from years ago, a cozy touch. The schnitzel is crisp and satisfying, the prunes wrapped in bacon also good. The pierogi stuffed with meat and onions, are a favorite.Special Features:
- Intimate and FriendlySueCalDined on 4/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Warszawa. The food is good, with an inviting range of European specialties. The food and wine are moderately priced, and the service was personal, attentive, and friendly.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsMarkDined on 4/26/2014Had a very nice dinner with two of our good friends. All of us had been here before, but many years ago. Was very pleased at the selection, price and amount and quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/23/2014Food and service is outstanding! Great outdoor patio bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT, AS ALWAYS!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014I have been dining at the Warszawa for many years, a testament to its popularity which is well earned. It continues to have the BEST Polish food and even better Service! We all shared appetizers of potatoe pancakes, as well as the kielbasa and pierogi. For dinner we each had the duck - its specialty. Desert was nalesniki (Polish crepes). BRAVO!Special Features:
- The Best Polish Rest on West SideOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2014For 35 years we have dined here occasionally, I don't know why we don't go at least once a month. Everything was just superb!!!!from the moment we walked in the door until we walked out the door. If you haven't tried Warszawa, you are really missing out on a great food experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like this restaurant. IfLGTSDined on 4/12/2014I like this restaurant. If I lived closer to it we would go there more often.Special Features:
- very special atmosphereVeniceVIPDined on 4/4/2014Great food, nice servers. This is really a landmark place in Santa Monica.Special Features:
- Excellent food....best inGinnyDined on 4/3/2014Excellent food....best in a long time! We've eaten there before but this was unusually goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing....SantaMonicaFoodieDined on 3/27/2014The dining rooms are very nice, in an old SM house, BUT the food is awful. It sounds good on the menu, but seems to be re-heated from previously frozen...at least that's how it tastes and looks. Very sad for such a beautiful environment, run by very intelligent folks. I remember the food and ambience from the '80's-'90's and it seemed to be much fresher and more vibrant. now, I will not recommend this restaurant again, sorry to say. But, the bar/lounge in the back seems to be alive and interesting, I might try that one time.Special Features:
- a wonderful surprise!Youngladyplus3Dined on 3/25/2014Was here for my grans' 82nd and to try the pork schnitzel. I had the potato pancakes and kielbasa and it was perfect. The pints of Polish beer are served in a chilled glass, all poured by the meticulous and sweet waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I came to this restaurantwiespolskaDined on 3/23/2014I came to this restaurant in hopes of eating authentic Polish food, somewhat resembling my grandmothers. What I got was a gross interpretation of what Polish food was supposed to be. They did not even get a simple dish like Perogi's right, I received some weird deep fried mush. Nothing was authentic about this place. The only enjoyable/eatable food at this place was the bread and cucumber/pickle soup. Honestly, you're better off getting frozen Perogi's from the grocery store and making them. At least they'll be more enjoyable and authentic.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2014Excellent servic; excellent service; excellent ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and charming!KeciacDined on 3/12/2014Everything we tried was a treat! Pierogie were outstanding (we tried an order of mushroom and an order of cheese both fried and boiled). Kielbasa had a great smoked flavor and the horseradish sauce was mild, yet tangy. The bacon wrapped prunes were the biggest surprise.....decadent! All the entrees we had were delicious and very filling, but not a ridiculous amount of food. The food itself is very filling and the portions are just right. You are set in a former bungalow, which is super quaint. Three (I think) small dining rooms make you feel like you're eating with family at the next table. Great choice for ethnic food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.