4222 Vineland Ave.
North Hollywood, CA 91602Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.warrensblackboard.com/
- Phone: 8182557290x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: Daily: 6:00 am - 11:00 am (6:00 am - 12:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday);
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm (5:30 pm - 11:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday);
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Warren Schwartz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private dining and event space available. Please contact our catering department at 818.255.7491
- Special Events: Private dining and event space available. Please contact our catering department at 818.255.7491
A word from Warren’s Blackboard
Headed by Chef Warren Schwartz, Warren’s Blackboard is a food and drink workshop featuring menus that are community-focused, influenced by LA’s food culture. Warren’s Blackboard serves as Chef Warren’s “blackboard” to concept the restaurant’s all-new dining venue, The Front Yard, opening Summer 2014. This social dining experience is anything but a transaction—it’s about food that is fresh, sustainable, shareable and true to the valley.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Warren’s Blackboard - Best Restaurants in Studio City ›
Warren’s Blackboard reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (130)great for outdoor dining (123)fit for foodies (118)good for groups (66)great for lunch (55)great for brunch (54)special occasion (44)kid-friendly (26)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (20)late-night find (16)romantic (15)notable wine list (13)scenic view (5)Show More
- Very fun hybrid diner/foody joint!ValleyAllyDined on 9/19/2014I have been here numerous times and am always delighted by the good food and value. The staff is so friendly and the scene always interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/18/2014Finally got a chance to try Warren's blackboard. In a funky/cozy little hotel and great patio. Service was great. Drinks were great. Portions were a little big, but I really liked the chef's deconstructed plates. Looking forward to going back and becoming a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningMarciDined on 9/15/2014You may not expect such a great restaurant in a hotel in Studio City, but it was great. The Burratta and Grilled Peaches was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2014Once again, the food was excellent--it never disappoints. Even regular menu items are prepared in slightly different ways, thus offering a new taste experience. Beautifully prepared, wonderfully presented, and served impeccably. The noise level is a little too high and "pinging" for my taste. When sitting in the center of the room, one has to strain to hear ones dining companions. More sound deadening elements would be a welcome addition, even though I know that the current trend is toward that energetic sound level. That said, I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just think,it used to be a HoJo's.SilverdinerDined on 9/13/2014Who know such a great place would be hidden in a plain sight as the "hotel restaurant". Unique takes on traditional fare and some great inventive tastes make this a place you want come back to in 24 hours to have the great plate you saw being taken to the net table over.Special Features:
- Foodie's paradise without attitudeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014Ordered almost all the apps and two desserts and none disappointed. Almost hate to share this place in fear that it will become too popular but it truly is one of my new faves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and atmosphereLovegoodfoodDined on 9/11/2014This is a great neighborhood gem in the Valley. Food and atmosphere are great if you sit outside. The bar inside is cosy and the drinks are good. I am ready for a change in the food selection though since I have frequented this establishment a great deal now. More fish, vegetarian pasta dishes and chicken dishes would be great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soon to be great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/11/2014They are just getting the hang of being an under sung hero. The fresh, seasonal selections are exciting with a new twist on the familiar. Prices are reasonable, portions fair and the cocktails were fun. We look forward to going back!Special Features:
- Scored againLaurelCanyonGirlVIPDined on 8/31/2014This was our 4-5th visit to WB, taking friends who were disappointed with a prior outing elsewhere. The patio is lovely, relatively quiet. Food is inventive but not crazy, offers some more standard, comforting options as well as new/interesting dishes, and the preparations are lovely. Portion size is just right for us. Though the kitchen has been slowish on a few of our visits, the food was served in a timely but unrushed manner this time and our server was superb. Finally, the prices are reasonable for the high quality and interest level of the food -- so a great value.Special Features:
- Fabulous - Go while you can!divingDPDined on 8/31/2014Four of us went for dinner for the first time this weekend. We were pleasantly surprised by the wonderful menu and the stunning service. All of us had been by the Garland Hotel for years and never noticed when this restaurant opened. Called a "Food/Wine Workshop" our server informed us that this was an experiment and that the place will close in November for six weeks to "re-tool" and reopen. Keeping what worked from the menu during the experiment. If you get a chance to go, try the mushroom popover. Fabulous flavor and texture. We'll be back before the close for sure.Special Features:
- SurpriseSBW77VIPDined on 8/31/2014I've driven by this place many times and never bothered to give it a second look. Service was amazing and the food was amazing with reasonable pricing. This will definitely be a regular spot from now on.Special Features:
- My Kind Of PlacePippinDined on 8/28/2014There are plenty of great restaurants with great food. What I appreciated about Warren's Blackboard was that it wasn't so dark that I needed a flashlight to read the menu. Neither was the noise level so loud that table conversation was a struggle. The food was outstanding, prepared to perfection, and just plain yummy. Our waiter, David, was one of the best waiters I've ever had the honor of having. His timing was spot on. Our party suffered no lack because of him. Bartender Kevin deserves applause. He was attentive and surprisingly quick even though he was very busy. He is a master mixologist. I really enjoyed my time there. It was comfortable, pleasant, and downright delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Valley RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/28/2014This is a welcome addition to the Valley culinary scene. Love the fact that the menu constantly changes based on local ingredient availability and customer comments. Service and ambience are impeccable--it's nice to eat in a restaurant where the hard edges have been softened so that you can actually talk to and hear your dining companion without shouting. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very average...valleyfoodieVIPDined on 8/28/2014I like the location and the attempt to do something interesting in a space that has been dismissible for the 25 years I've lived in North Hollywood. The service was attentive and friendly -- but the food was very disappointing. The meal was tough and overcooked, and I left feeling a bloated and nauseated.
- very nicezuma54VIPDined on 8/28/2014excellent food and service interesting menu and off the beaten path, will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!WolfebirdDined on 8/24/2014Great food and find. Should be fantastic after close and renovation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood find!SharonDined on 8/23/2014Previously overlooked this place. Decided to try it since it was nearby to the Hollywood Bowl. Great outdoor eating area and lounge area. Attractive interior, tables and chairs. Wait staff were very friendly and helpful. Tried several appetizers and loved the zucchini blossoms and the peach and barratta salad. Burger was good, fries were great. The halibut was fantasic. They use only local and organic food and fresh fowl and fish. The blueberry cobbler was great, albeit a little small. No corkage for the wine we brought. We'll definitely go back, even without the Bowl. Recommend for a relaxing drink in the lounge area (inside or outside). Attached to the Beverly Garland Hotel. They even have a shuttle the Universal Studios.Special Features:
- Great BrunchFoodieDined on 8/23/2014The Short rib hash is delicious and the fruit with mint was really nice, the baguette was dry, they took it off the check. Wonderful server. A nice place to meet for brunchSpecial Features:
- Our new neighborhood fave!lisaDined on 8/17/2014We just love this place....food is excellent...service is spot on and friendly....watermelon cooler drink is so refreshing!!! it's my new go to place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time hereaminlaVIPDined on 8/17/2014I've been wanting to try Warren's Blackboard for a while. We went for brunch and were very pleased. Great service - very friendly & attentive, and the food was excellent. We definitely plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy FoodJamesJudeDined on 8/16/2014Warren's Blackboard was a wonderful discovery in the San Fernando Valley ... food was terrific, portions were generous without being gluttonous and the service was cordial and attentive without being overbearing. Comfortable, contemporary dining room and a full bar (always a plus). Very reasonably priced (cocktails, appetizers, mains and desserts for 2 + $100)Special Features:
- Neighbors...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2014Delicious and a true hidden gem! I can't tell you how were looking fwd to the fall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great environmentEatableDined on 8/14/2014I recently had lunch at Warren's Blackboard. I really enjoyed myself. I plan on going back soon!Special Features:
- Always excellentdroseDined on 8/10/2014Warren's always a great place to go for dinner or drinks. Warren is very imaginative and cooks with yummy ingredients. I've never had a bad meal and I especially enjoyed the homemade pasta with short ribs I had this time. Also the smoky flavor on the broccolini turned an average vegetable into something very special. Even the cobbler was something different in that he added marzipan to it. mmmm. I recommend this place to all my friends. It's really nice to have lived in the neighborhood for over 20 years and have watched this restaurant go from a coffee shop to this delicious place I can go and have a lovey time and have delicious food. Oh, and have the burger on one of your trips. It's a must.Special Features:
- Warren's BlackboardsactDined on 8/9/2014Fantastic appetizers and cocktails! Dinner was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice change from city lifeNewMamaVIPDined on 8/5/2014Food was excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok for lunchFoodieDined on 8/5/2014I have dined here at dinner and enjoyed it a lot…especially squash blossoms, ahi poke and the short rib pasta…but wanted to take a client there for lunch and it was just ok. I had fish tacos and the other person had the crab sandwich. But were fine but nothing special. I wish they had more of the dinner selections to choose for lunch. Not sure if I would go again for lunch.
- Great FoodWaiting4PrimaVIPDined on 8/4/2014My fourth time to Warren's and once again they did not disappoint. Met a pal there while our wives were at a "going away" party. Excellent martinis. Shared all the dishes since you want to taste everything. Started with the kale caesar, fried squash blossoms and the lamb pastrami crustini. All were excellent. Pan roasted New York steak was cooked to perfection and the meat was wonderfully tender. The pork chop (a favorite) was moist and flavorful. Friendly service; attentive without being intrusive. Warren's Blackboard continues to deliver a great product.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local findMaxieDined on 7/30/2014Warren's Blackboard, which is soon to be changing names… is one of those neighborhood spots you're thrilled to share with all your friends. The food is really good, I mean, really good, and the menu is quite varied with options for everyone, including your vegan pals. You'll find yourself saying, "This place is part of a hotel?" Treat yourself to a bacon and mushroom popover and you'll understand what I'm talking about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- opentablefanVIPDined on 7/29/2014A nice new find.....delicious lunch salads, can't wait to go back for dinner "blackboard specials" they looked amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking forward to a return visitsinemasirenDined on 7/27/2014We had the popover to start. I had the chicken and my boyfriend had the burger. All were delicious. We finished off with the peach & blueberry cobbler. It was good. I'm curious to check out their breakfast offerings.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014Great find! Thank you for participating in DineLA so we could learn of your great restaurant. Will definitely recommend. Every dish was delicious and the food was fresh and healthy. Excellent wait staff too.Special Features:
- JerrydfDined on 7/25/2014The menu is creative, the food is good quality and the staff is very friendly. My only complaint is that the bread's crust was hard indicating the bread was overbaked. I highly recommend this restaurant for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warren's BlackboardBobBDined on 7/25/2014One of the best patio's in the Valley. Innovative menuSpecial Features:
- Shhhh!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/22/2014Don't want anyone to find out about the best restaurant in all of a Studio City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat this placeIEatAllYoFoodDined on 7/20/2014Went here for Dine LA Week and it was excellent. Can't wait to go back and explore the full menu, especially for brunch.Special Features:
- Slowest kitchen everAChuVIPDined on 7/19/2014Went for their DineLA lunch menu. Staff was friendly and waiter was very good. However, we waited 20+ minutes for our appetizers, and then another 40 minutes for sandwiches and fries. Even the waiter felt bad we waited for so long. Didn't get out until almost 2 hours later for a simple lunch. While burrata crostini and sangria were great, the sandwiches were mediocre - crab was okay, but short ribs were extremely salty. Again, service was great, but the long wait turned it into a negative experience.Special Features:
- SimPakVIPDined on 7/18/2014First time dined at Warren's Blackboard with friends. We ordered Sweet Corn Ravioli, Scallop, Salmon, Sea Bass and chocolate ice cream pie, they were all very yummy and tasty. We plan to come back and put it as our restaurants rotations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner In Transitionitsbob826VIPDined on 7/18/2014Boys Night Out. Parking is easy and free with validation, both valet and self-parking in their own lot. There is a patio, an inside space, and a big lounge with its own patio and a few tables plus of course the bar. Our table was ready at our reservation time. We were seated outside, but the traffic on Vineland wasn't an issue. The place has a good feel to it. The tables are far enough apart that you're not sitting in someone's lap. Our server Robin was great. The consensus was that the food LOOKED awesome, but was sort of bland. (I had peaches w/burrata, veggie lasagna, and brussel sprouts.) Prices reasonable for a foodie place ($50 each including tip -- not much drinking). I'd go back with a date and order something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the Valley!JSinShermanOaksDined on 7/17/2014Warren's Blackboard is a welcome find for anyone living in Studio City/Sherman Oaks. The Chef is wonderful and the menu is made with really good ingredients - mostly organic and sustainable. The menu is imaginative but appeals to a wide audience. It's also a wonderful space with comfortable seating and and noise level is low so an excellent venue for conversation. We haven't patronized the lounge yet where they screen classic films and have cozy seating but it always looks tempting. Have been here for lunch, brunch and dinner. Brunch is a killer menu. Loved every dish I've tried here.Special Features: