4222 Vineland Ave.
North Hollywood, CA 91602Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.warrensblackboard.com/
- Phone: (818) 255-7290
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: Daily: 6:00 am - 11:00 am (6:00 am - 12:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday);
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm (5:30 pm - 11:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday);
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Warren Schwartz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private dining and event space available. Please contact our catering department at 818.255.7491
- Special Events: Private dining and event space available. Please contact our catering department at 818.255.7491
A word from Warren’s Blackboard
Headed by Chef Warren Schwartz, Warren’s Blackboard is a food and drink workshop featuring menus that are community-focused, influenced by LA’s food culture. Warren’s Blackboard serves as Chef Warren’s “blackboard” to concept the restaurant’s all-new dining venue, The Front Yard, opening Summer 2014. This social dining experience is anything but a transaction—it’s about food that is fresh, sustainable, shareable and true to the valley.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Warren’s Blackboard - Best Restaurants in Studio City ›
Warren’s Blackboard reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (111)fit for foodies (111)great for outdoor dining (102)good for groups (56)great for lunch (38)special occasion (33)great for brunch (32)kid-friendly (25)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (17)notable wine list (13)late-night find (10)romantic (10)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great brunch option for the areaSoCalGeofVIPDined on 11/22/2014We had brunch here on a Saturday. It wasn't empty but it also wasn't crowded. I enjoyed the food all around. We started with a sticky bun--definitely enough to share with two or more people. I had the crab cake benedict with a latte. I'd definitely go back next time I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would definitely go back..torimacDined on 11/18/2014Great local place with an interesting menu. How many times do you go to a restaurant and say, that was good, but when it comes to answering the question, would you go back...the answer is no. In this case, we came away saying we would definitely go back. There is a nice outdoor patio, the décor is very nice, and the food was good. The bar was quiet, but it looked really comfortable with old movies playing on the big screen instead of football. (at least that evening...) I would recommend you give this a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch at Warren'sDandDVIPDined on 11/16/2014Warren's is becoming our favorite "go to" restaurant in Studio City since the closure of Spark. It is a good combination of great food, diverse menu, casual-quiet dining, talented mixologist, easy to get in and reasonably priced (especially considering the excellent food). We especially enjoyed our long, casual brunch. The food was excellent and the "custom Bloody Mary's" were a special treat. This made for a very good start for Sunday....thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was fanatstic-OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2014Had friends in from Denver and I was so happy I had chosen WarrensSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around WonderfulSupersDined on 11/8/2014I am reluctant to write how wonderful the food and service is at Warren's Black because I want to continue to get a reservation. Several of the starters were so delicious we ordered more and then ordered even more to take home. The staff is both friendly and knowledgeable. The wines are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under ImpressedWestcoastphilDined on 11/4/2014The food was alright, but not great. The waiter had recommend the pork chop, but I was in shock when when it came with 3 flour tortillas and salsa. There was no mention of this being a fajita; furthermore, it was very dry and I had to chase it with a beer just to get it down. But even worse than that was the unprofessional nature of the host that was supposed to greet and seat us. We stood there for 5 minutes while she listened in on a conversation two of the waitresses were having and snapped at is when we said excuse me. They are going out of business soon and changing to a new name so the review is of little value.Special Features:
- Amazing local spot!PrincessabadjianDined on 11/2/2014Just moved here from Texas and this is my new fave place! Food is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lg12VIPDined on 11/2/2014creative food, nice presentation; casual ambience;easy parkingSpecial Features:
- Amazing Food, Great ServicebreakfastkingVIPDined on 11/1/2014We LOVED Warren's Blackboard. I had the pork chop and it was probably the best I've ever had. My wife and friends had the Mahi Mahi and also loved it. I started with the burrata with candy striped figs which was wonderful. We are so sorry that they will be closing this restaurant for remodel but hope that when they reopen, the food will remain the same!!!Special Features:
- Good but changing...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Thought was pretty good place... Heard while we wee there that it is closing soon to become The Front Yard. Same Chef but redesigned.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaliforniacentricbrunchgreenstDined on 10/28/2014What a great local discovery this restaurant is. On the grounds of the Garland Center built like a clubhouse from the 40's and offering changing blackboards of what's available from appetizers through desserts and the cocktails, wines and beers to go with them. The pork chops were perfect and the blend of favors and side dishes creative but simple. The mahi mahi on and covered with a virtual potpourri of baby vegetables was yummy. The first thing you notice here is how spot on the cooking is. A good sized chocolate poy au creme was fantastic. Prices were very fair for this level of food. Only complaint, a frequent one theses days - a little noisy.Special Features:
- Great food, ok servicegojaDined on 10/23/2014Went for dinner. The food was consistently fine; menu varies seasonally. We shared a kale caesar salad and fried zucchini blossoms for appetizers: both excellent. Likewise a pasta dish with pork and a chicken dish. Ate outside in a front patio that was quiet and pleasantly dusky (not too dark). In the patio, we hardly heard pop music that was coming from the interior of the restaurant; the music would have been annoying to us if we had been eating inside. Our waiter was helpful at first, answering questions and making suggestions but he made himself scarce after the appetizers. His absence put a damper on what otherwise would have been a great evening. We'll go back, however, because the food was so good.Special Features:
- Charming & deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014What a delightful find right in our own backyard. Really good at reasonable prices. This was the second visit & it didn't disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great variety of foodsVines4judyDined on 10/21/2014Great new dining for Studio City. I'm sad it will be closed from Thanksgiving to maybe the New Year for a remodel.Special Features:
- Delicious food- avoid the boothsYumYumDined on 10/17/2014The food here was really good, I expected it to be a bit more adventurous based on how the place markets itself but with that said everything we ate was delicious. We tried to Poke, Ceviche and Zucchini Blossoms to start and they were all excellent. Would consider just ordering those items for dinner next time. Our main courses of pork, chicken and mahi mahi were all also very good- but the starters were definitely the highlight. A couple of things to note- I would ask for a "real" table over the booths (outside looks great). Everyone in our party thought they were pretty uncomfortable. Also the staff seemed a little bit overwhelmed with a full restaurant- getting our drinks was a bit slow. Not horrible but not ideal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit before the chef departsFrequentDinerVIPDined on 10/17/2014Some issues with what is run through the kitchen vs what is run by hotel. One bar handling both groups. Diners have to wait for drinks. We were served our appetizers before drinks were served and had to ask about them twice. The food is good and the pork chop is amazing. Other favorites were the burrata and figs (how can one go wrong), mushroom popover, lamb crostini and the fingerling duck fat potatoes (OMG). Do not order the brussel sprouts unless you are okay with them just being sauteed and dull looking/tasting. I was the only one at our table that enjoyed the broccolini, but to be fair, we were all pretty full by then. Overall a great experience. Hurry! Chef Schwartz is only there for a couple years.Special Features:
- Warren's BlackboardAleatsoutDined on 10/17/2014This was our first time eating here and we had a great dinner from start to finish.Special Features:
- consistently enjoyableDoubleLDined on 10/11/2014Nice happy hour with good bar food though limited wine on menu for happy hour.Been for dinner several times and it is always fresh and delicious. Plan to go back very soon. Already have plans to introduce some friends to this restaurant.Special Features:
- The best all around!!!FoodyDined on 10/11/2014Awesome place, great service, spectaculer food. Just perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!justfaraDined on 10/11/2014I Loved this dinner! The mushroom and asparagus filled popover may qualify for the best thing I've ever had. Almost everything was sensational, even the salmon was off the charts. The only thing I didn't love was the steak, and that was partially me. I do not love top sirloin to begin with, but my boyfriend wanted it. It was dry and tasteless to me. He enjoyed it. Otherwise, we loved it all. We were too stuffed to think about desserts because the choices were not appealing enough to tilt us over the top.Special Features:
- Delicious foodBatgirlVIPDined on 10/10/2014The food is really delicious. It's connected next to a hotel so you see family's there which is the only downside as the food is amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Foodjon5ctsVIPDined on 10/10/2014Everything we had was just outstanding! Food is excellent, service was very good. The bar is cool comfortable but the dining room is pretty stark. No problem, though, this place is a perfect choice for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- RashidDined on 10/9/2014The entree was not quite a complete meal, had to order extra to make a decent meal. But the dish I ordered was well prepared.Special Features:
- ExcellentPK10Dined on 10/4/2014The food was great, the service was awesome - great for a birthday lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exciting Food In The Valley!OneFabMomVIPDined on 10/3/2014This place is a great find. The food is amazing. Kale salad to die for, the pork chop is MIND BLOWING. Fingerling potatoes were a hit and brussels sprouts were too. Great for foodies. Sit outside if you can :)Special Features:
- Each bite more flavorfuloutonthetownDined on 10/3/2014Our first time at Warren's Blackboard. Valet Parking with validated ticket from restaurant was nice. We started with the grilled squid appetizer, vary tasty and a bit spicy. The squid was very tender. Husband had the porkchop with street corn, grilled pineapple, and I had the MahiMahi with summer squash, sides of Brussels sprouts and fingerling potatoes. The MahiMahi was on a bed of white corn, heirloom cherry tomatoes, box toy squash and baby zucchini. Each bite was more flavorful than the last. The porkchop was tender and moist and the pineapple amazing. Served with mini corn tortillas and a flavorful hot sauce. The brussel sprouts were roasted in a sherry sauce, the potatoes in duck fat and perfect compliments to the main plates. Yum!Special Features:
- SaltySoCalMomDined on 9/28/2014Mid she's were overly salty. Waitress was wonderful and remembered every detail of orders and requests.Special Features:
- Great Brunch Findnavsingh12Dined on 9/28/2014Wonderful Margaritas and every dish I ordered was delicious from the pancakes which were light enough for me to eat them all, the short rib hash is really delicious with tender meat and perfectly crispy potatoes and last, but not least, the frittata was perfectly done.Special Features:
- KwickatDined on 9/27/2014Great spot. Good food, good service, knowledgeable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing entrees and dessertsFrioutDined on 9/27/2014Had fried calamari for appetizer, and NY steak, mahi mahi, side brussel sprouts and side potatoes for entrees. Everything was amazing except the calamari; it was good, but not something I would order again. Drinks ordered during the Happy Hour was not worth the value. Desserts were to-die-for and a must-have. We had a 6 pm reservation and selected to sit on the patio. The weather was very nice and the noise level was moderate. By 7-7:30, the inside was packed and it was noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under-whelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014The food descriptions sounded amazing and were presented to us by our server with flourish, however the food did not stand up to it's descriptions. We told our server we were there for a birthday and wanted to take our time and to stager our appetizers and yet they came out within 5 minutes and at the same time. The Ahi Poke was good, but we also ordered the Fig salad and it the cheese congealed before we could enjoy it and although the figs were supposedly grilled, they were cold and shriveled. Clearly grilled at another time... The Salmon was like a salt lick and the Pork we ordered was dry. The best thing on that plate was the corn on the cobb.
- Only Tried Breakfast: Just OKShermanOaksLarryDined on 9/21/2014We heard really good things about this place. We decided to try Breakfast. I didn't realize the Brunch did not start until 11, so we were left with a rather abbreviated Breakfast Menu or a Buffet. The Menu had the very basics. About $11-14 per meal. The Buffet was $19, including Coffee and Orange Juice (Freshly Squeezed and Delicious). We opted for the Buffet. There were two types of scrambled eggs. One was hard. The other was fine. Delicious Sausage, Bacon, Great Tasting Pancakes, and good French Toast. There were also Cereals, Granola and Fresh Fruit. In addition, there were bagels, with piles of Lox. Overall, I'd say $19 for this Buffet was a good value. If it were priced at $24.95, it would have been overpriced.Special Features:
- Very fun hybrid diner/foody joint!ValleyAllyDined on 9/19/2014I have been here numerous times and am always delighted by the good food and value. The staff is so friendly and the scene always interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/18/2014Finally got a chance to try Warren's blackboard. In a funky/cozy little hotel and great patio. Service was great. Drinks were great. Portions were a little big, but I really liked the chef's deconstructed plates. Looking forward to going back and becoming a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningMarciDined on 9/15/2014You may not expect such a great restaurant in a hotel in Studio City, but it was great. The Burratta and Grilled Peaches was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2014Once again, the food was excellent--it never disappoints. Even regular menu items are prepared in slightly different ways, thus offering a new taste experience. Beautifully prepared, wonderfully presented, and served impeccably. The noise level is a little too high and "pinging" for my taste. When sitting in the center of the room, one has to strain to hear ones dining companions. More sound deadening elements would be a welcome addition, even though I know that the current trend is toward that energetic sound level. That said, I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just think,it used to be a HoJo's.SilverdinerDined on 9/13/2014Who know such a great place would be hidden in a plain sight as the "hotel restaurant". Unique takes on traditional fare and some great inventive tastes make this a place you want come back to in 24 hours to have the great plate you saw being taken to the net table over.Special Features:
- Foodie's paradise without attitudeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014Ordered almost all the apps and two desserts and none disappointed. Almost hate to share this place in fear that it will become too popular but it truly is one of my new faves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and atmosphereLovegoodfoodDined on 9/11/2014This is a great neighborhood gem in the Valley. Food and atmosphere are great if you sit outside. The bar inside is cosy and the drinks are good. I am ready for a change in the food selection though since I have frequented this establishment a great deal now. More fish, vegetarian pasta dishes and chicken dishes would be great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soon to be great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/11/2014They are just getting the hang of being an under sung hero. The fresh, seasonal selections are exciting with a new twist on the familiar. Prices are reasonable, portions fair and the cocktails were fun. We look forward to going back!Special Features: