Warehouse Bar & Grill
214 King St
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Warehouse Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.warehousebarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 7036836868
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday: 8:30am - 10:30am; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Sert Ruamthong
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Recently remodeled and the menu updated, specializing in prime steaks & amazing seafood. Specialties include their All-Lump crabcakes & their 20oz Grilled T-Bone Steak. Their New Orlean"s-style Sunday Brunch features several seafood selections,egg entrees,salads & sandwiches.
- Private Party Contact: Hossein Pishdadazar 8774380439
- Entertainment: book your table on valentines day on feb 14th, we are serving dinner 4pm to 11pm we are serving our regular dinner menu + 5 specials will be annouce on the same day
A word from Warehouse Bar & Grill
"GREAT STEAKS..AWESOME SEAFOOD" - The Warehouse has consistently been highly rated by the nationally known "Zagats Dining Guide" and is one of the most popular restaurants in Old Town. Specialties include their famous All-Lump crab cakes, Lobster Linguine Pasta and their huge 20 oz Grilled T-Bone Steak. Their Sunday Brunch is a "must do" in Old Town and reservations are recommended for this popular meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Warehouse Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Warehouse Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (66)fit for foodies (54)special occasion (47)romantic (42)great for brunch (38)great for lunch (27)notable wine list (21)great for outdoor dining (14)good for groups (14)scenic view (11)late-night find (7)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Service great. Nice setup. Food ok.j2dbDined on 3/27/2014I like the place in their menu set up. However I wasn't overly impressed with how the food tasted. Other items on the menu might be okay but I ordered the steak... If I do go back would certainly try something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightJenRDined on 3/22/2014My hausband and were just looking for a place to enjoy some time together. This place seemed great since it appealed to both of palates;meat and seafood. We both went with the surf and turf and it was fabulous! We will definitely be back! We were tucked at a little table near some stairs that had a lot of traffic, but it didn't seem to bother us and were just happy to be out together. It was perfect for an intimate dinner and wouldn't be good with a larger party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatpdubVIPDined on 3/22/2014My go to place when I want to have a great meal in a lovely atmosphere. The food is consistently good, the service is great and if you go there often enough you'll feel like you home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missed!SuzieEDined on 3/21/2014On a weekend visit to Alexandria, we enjoyed our dinner at Warehouse Bar & Grill so much on Friday night 3/21/14 that we went back Saturday night. The staff was accommodating and very hospitable. The food was excellent and the wine list was good. We especially enjoyed the Seafood Gumbo and Trout Orleans. We will definitely go back if we get the chance!Special Features:
- Girls Birthday CelebrationSybilDined on 3/19/2014Great for a small group of 3 such as us or a large Group. Service was memorable. Server did well with communicating and remembering to touch base with us regularlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had Brunch it was incredible,DavePDined on 3/16/2014Had Brunch it was incredible, the service was extraordinary Felix was more than one could ask for. A must trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Brunch and for kidsSiobhanHDined on 3/16/2014We had a lovely brunch with our family which included a five and two year old. The waiter was sweet to our grandchildren and the service and food were good.Special Features:
- Great choices on the menuCapGrillVIPDined on 3/15/2014Great choices on the menu and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Discovered a gem!BritneyBDined on 3/15/2014Four of us had dinner here after seeing a show at the Warner theater last Saturday evening.. Food was excellent: She Crab soup Veal Oscar Horseradish Crusted Salmon with Lobster Etoufee Shortribs Everything was delicious! Service was friendly and first class. Great ambience. Looks like we discovered a gem! We highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected DelightBrunchBunchDined on 3/8/2014Did not anticipate the quality of food service and atmospher given the title of this restaurant. It is now my favorite spot for entertaining friends or business partners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to impresscasey03Dined on 3/8/2014I've taken many visitors to The Warehouse Bar & Grill because I know they will never fail to deliver an extremely satisfying dining experience. My guest had the lobster special and I had the staple surf and turf. The wait staff kept the water glasses filled the cocktails flowing and the Oysters "Uggie" were the perfect starter. We left with full tummies and will definitely be back again when the urge for perfectly prepared steak and seafood are our desire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the warehousewarehouseDined on 3/8/2014They were accommodating as far as changing reservations and the food was pretty good. However, the dining area was a bit tight and the wait staff weren't very friendly or accomodating for the prices they are charging. Who serves steak without the option of a BAKED potato.Special Features:
- Food's Good, Service just okB456Dined on 3/7/2014We had to wait at the bar for about 20 minutes until our table was ready. Ordered the shrimp and crab beignets, which were dry; I wouldn't order again. The entree's were delicious, however. I had the Trout Orleans and he had the Creole Veal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great after all these yearsDrMike82VIPDined on 3/7/2014The last time I was here was 15 years ago. I craved the she-crab soup and I still found it delicious. The ambience was great. It's in a townhouse space, so it's close with the level of noise that you'd expect. Service was great. The food was delicious and worth its value, even if it's pretty straightforward. A fine place to dine near the waterfront.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!bonjonesDined on 3/5/2014What a great place! Wonderful service and delicious food. Couldn't recommend it more highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food/service; too noisyPopsDined on 3/1/2014Party of 12 next to us was boisterous/loud. Could not carry on a conversation at our nearby table.
- Creole ComfortSoutherngirlVIPDined on 2/25/2014A little piece of New Orleans magic happens daily in the lovely dining rooms of the Warehouse Br and Grill in Old Town, Alexandria, Virginia, on scenic King Street. The she crab soup is worth the calroies for a taste treat that never disapoints, with a creamy texture and peppery aftertaste. The jumbo lumps within are sweet and fresh. It is the best I have ever tasted. Do yourself a favor and also indulge in the popcorn shrimp salad with a bright lemony finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just recently moved to AlexandriapeteyDined on 2/22/2014Just recently moved to Alexandria from NE Pennsylvania a few years ago. Been to this restaurant several times in Old Town, great service and food. Whenever family and friends visit, we take them here. Menu items prices are surprisingly very reasonable.Special Features:
- Great service, food, wineMABandelDined on 2/21/2014Great service, food, wine and atmosphere - in a wonderful area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, our evening was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/21/2014Overall, our evening was great. This restaurant features mostly seafood, so for a "bar and grill", a diner must be prepared for non-standard bar and grill food. There are a few steak, chop, and pasta options, but it is obvious that this place is geared toward the seafood lover. The salads and the filet were quite good. The ambience and service were both very good too. We will likely return especially if we have guests who are looking forward to seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were greeted by the OwnerShelliVIPDined on 2/18/2014We were greeted by the Owner outside the restaurant. Mike, our Server, was wonderful. Very attentive. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLarsDined on 2/18/2014I have returned to this restaurant again and again and have never been disappointed. The service is attentive, the environment comfortable and the food excellent. I am a big fan of the Lobster Cobb Salad special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchMarkDined on 2/16/2014Not our first visit to this great restaurant. Previous visits for excellent dinners, this time for an excellent brunch. Very good food prepared in a reasonable amount of time with very good service. The only drawback to this location is the number of people crammed into a relatively small space, which adds to the noise level - but not intolerable.Special Features:
- We had a group of 8 for brunch.mortgagegirlDined on 2/16/2014We had a group of 8 for brunch. Service was outstanding. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was buzzing. A popular spot and I can understand why.Special Features:
- Steak spot for sureMattDined on 2/15/2014I love steak and when I saw the menu I knew I wanted the surf and turf crab cake LOADED WITH CRAB but the steak omg melts in your mouth and bursting with flavor that had my mouth watering all night jus thinking about another bite. So from what I had this place food is out of this world. And it was me and my lady I spent just over 100 not to bad for the food service and a nice get away from tgifridaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really disappointedPixxieDined on 2/15/2014I cannot believe this place was rated so highly. It failed at coming close to the flavors of New Orleans food. The food: crawfish & shrimp beignets - horrible consistency sticky/doughy (though fully cooked) and a bland taste, cajun fritto misto - nothing spectacular about this...at all. Again, the flavor was bland and I ended up eating just the zucchini because everything else was either overdone or just not to my liking. The accompanying sauces to both dishes were bad pairings. Lastly, we tried the alligator stew - the flavor wasn't bad, but my friend kept asking where the gator was because the pieces were so small & so few. Service was good, but we left after appetizers and ate our main dishes at another restaurant.
- Belated Valentine's DinnerNickDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I had dinner at Warehouse Bar and Grill the day after Valentine's Day. Warehouse is a small restaurant with tight seating, but the noise level was not an issue while we were there. The bartender did not know how to make the first two drinks we requested (google it...). I ordered a beer off the menu instead and was told that they were out. Rocky start so far...this all changed when the food started showing up. I started with the she-crab soup which was rich, slightly spicy and all around delicious. My wife had a salad which she claimed was quite good. We both ordered the surf and turf and ate every bite. The crab cakes had generous portions of lump crab and the filet mignon was cooked perfectly. Delicious cheesecake for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect V-dayBubbaBDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I were thoroughly impressed by the food and service. Great seafood menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great crab cakes, atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014Wife and I had a reservation for Valentine's Day night, so the restaurant was busy. Sat a cozy table. Both had the Surf and Turf. Crab cakes were delicious! The fillet was tender and not over seasoned. Prices were about right. Service was adequate--sat immediately and got everything we wanted in an appropriate time. Overall, a nice night out that did not disappoint. We already want to return for the crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeMikeTDined on 2/14/2014This is not my first time going here, but it was the first time my girlfriend had been, and they did not disappoint. Everything from the service to food was done well above expectations. This is really a top notch place to have dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a Special NightNoiseyMDDined on 2/14/2014Went for V day with my finance. I'm from a coastal town in the south so I was looking for a good restaurant with outstanding seafood. The food was delicious. Beautiful plating, sexy ambiance. I enjoyed my dinner there. It was a bit pricey. The portions seemed small, but after my meal I was stuffed. Great spot to take that special someone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lackluster, at bestJPdinerDined on 2/14/2014First off, I know it's a busy night, but the host gave my table to someone else. Not a great start. The bread at the table was cold and flavorless. My steak was overcooked, potatoes were decent. Overall not a great experience especially for the price.Special Features:
- Good steaks and great locationHungryforksDined on 2/14/2014It was a nice evening, but know it has a more mature crowd. If that doesn't bother you and you don't mind spending $100+ for a dinner for 2; it's worth a visit. The steak was excellent, but the special occasion menu item (Valentine's Day) short ribs were decent. Once we were seated, the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The meal was good if you likealexandriaDined on 2/14/2014The meal was good if you like average American cuisine. It was not worth the price that we paid though. The atmosphere was good but I would not go again.Special Features:
- Stuffy disappointmentJimJDined on 2/14/2014Rude, and a lack of quality service. That was the immediate experience. I selected The Warehouse for what I expected to be a comfortable Valantines with my wife. Parking and driving in Old Town was tough that night due to the street conditions from the snow storm on the previous day. I called ahead to inform the host that we were on our way for our 7 pm reservation, but the traffic was at a crawl and we were looking for parking. The host stated "no problem" and we continued towards our date. Once there, we were met at the host table with nothing but "attitude" for being late for the reservation. BTW, there were many empty table throughout the night. The waiter forgot or drink order. we had them for "dessert." The food was average at best.
- Enjoyable locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Outstanding service, reasonable prices with great seafood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningTkarlowryDined on 2/14/2014Had a lovely Valentine's Day dinner with my wife. Service, wine, food were very nice. I would recommend to friends. If I could critique anything, and this is a stretch, we we're served almost too quickly. Our dinners arrived so fast we were just settling in and talking. No complaint though, Mahi Mahi and Salmon specials were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine DinnerladyPDined on 2/14/2014Enjoyed an intimate Valentine's dinner. The food was excellent and the service was great. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Seafood.DoubleDDined on 2/8/2014We loved it. The Spicy Pecan Crusted Crabcakes were fantastic starters, as for the main course, Pan Roasted Maine Salmon is highly recommended! The service was attentive, polite, and all around great. Along with a cozy and warm ambiance- it was a thoroughly enjoyed dining experience. We will be back!Special Features:
- Consistently greatFunfoodieVIPDined on 2/8/2014Our party had the seafood sampler plate , mahi mahi and I had the horseradish encrusted salmon with lobster and sauce. It was to die for! The spinach salad was very good and the she-crab soup was delicious. I have recommended this restaurant to many people and it is our go to place in Old Town Alexandria. When many other restaurants here have come and gone the Warehouse Grill has stayed and gotten better. Not really a good place to bring kids - it is expensive but so worth it.Special Features: