Warehouse Bar & Grill
214 King St
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Warehouse Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.warehousebarandgrill.com/
- Phone: (703) 683-6868
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday: 8:30am - 10:30am; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Sert Ruamthong
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Recently remodeled and the menu updated, specializing in prime steaks & amazing seafood. Specialties include their All-Lump crabcakes & their 20oz Grilled T-Bone Steak. Their New Orlean"s-style Sunday Brunch features several seafood selections,egg entrees,salads & sandwiches.
- Private Party Contact: Hossein Pishdadazar 8774380439
- Entertainment: book your table on valentines day on feb 14th, we are serving dinner 4pm to 11pm we are serving our regular dinner menu + 5 specials will be annouce on the same day
A word from Warehouse Bar & Grill
"GREAT STEAKS..AWESOME SEAFOOD" - The Warehouse has consistently been highly rated by the nationally known "Zagats Dining Guide" and is one of the most popular restaurants in Old Town. Specialties include their famous All-Lump crab cakes, Lobster Linguine Pasta and their huge 20 oz Grilled T-Bone Steak. Their Sunday Brunch is a "must do" in Old Town and reservations are recommended for this popular meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Warehouse Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Warehouse Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)fit for foodies (52)special occasion (39)romantic (37)great for brunch (30)great for lunch (20)notable wine list (19)good for groups (16)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- GoodFoodGoodFoodDined on 5/11/2014The restaurant was good. I have been to better restaurant but I believe you have to try it yourself to make the decision. It depends on what you are looking for.
- Likely won't return. Sadly.Gatorgirl2007Dined on 5/10/2014This was my second time dining here and sadly, the second time left much to be desired. I had the stuffed flounder and it was okay; the food presentation wasn't great. The service was poor. We constantly had to ask for refills and felt we were in the way of the waiter. He was not attentive and did not make us feel very welcome. I loved this place the first time around, but left unimpressed and disappointed on the second time.Special Features:
- Meal sharers paradiseSeniorssharingmealsDined on 5/10/2014We've been to the Warehouse many times---have never been disappointed. We are working seniors and love good food, but my wife is allergic to seafood, so it's rather difficult to share a meal in a seafood town. (I love seafood.) We find items to share at the Warehouse and the staff is very accommodating in preparing, serving and splitting the meals---just great, as is the food. We especially like the pecan-crusted chicken with crab----works for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to write home aboutLola2003VIPDined on 5/3/2014I have to say my husband and I both were disappointed in The Warehouse. Good news first: the service was excellent and ambience was nice. This restaurant is tiny, so it was very loud while we were dining. My cosmo and appetizer of raw oysters were great. Bad news: Bread is served cold. Seriously? Both of our entrees were not impressive and lacked seasoning. We both added salt to our food, which I have a problem with when I am paying the prices this places charges. My fried oysters were served laying in a sauce causing the breading (which had no flavor) to become soggy. This dish was served with mashed potatoes and spinach, both of which needed seasoning. Dessert was ok but lacked presentation. We will not be back.Special Features:
- Good central meeting locationBrownieDined on 4/29/2014Meeting up with people visiting from out if town and needing a restaurant with guaranteed good food but NOT in DC (but still with good "in the city" quality food, The Warehouse met our needs. One complaint -- a small place, so it can get a little too noisy at busy times, especially for one of our party with a bit of a hearing difficulty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Sat night diningPjdinerDined on 4/26/2014Easy dining experience with very good food and wonderful service. Limited wine list.Special Features:
- Great food, poor serviceElissaDined on 4/26/2014The food was fantastic, and although the serving staff was very responsive and quick to get what you needed they were a bit cold and rude at times.Special Features:
- Another great eveningPhilDined on 4/25/2014We brought some friends who live in Alexandria who had never been to the Warehouse. They loved it and we had another wonderful evening.
- good restaurantnonameDined on 4/20/2014We went to warehouse bar and grill for Easter dinner. The food was very good and the wine list was very extensive. Only negative was we were seated right next to the kitchen which took away from the ambience of the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy Cajun Culinary ExperienceNYFoodiesDined on 4/16/2014When a friend raved about the amazing Cajun food at The Wearhouse in Old Town Alexandria, we immediately made a reservation. Gotta admit, when we arrived for dinner, the place was not what we expected: seemed way too fancy. To us an old Wearhouse + crazy Cajun does not equal white table clothes, chair railing and a portrait gallery up the grand staircase, but the Wearhouse did not disappoint. The food was amazing: we had the Cajun meatloaf, the pasta gumbo and the peacan crusted chicken. All we're excellent. If we can make one suggestion: the beer menu could use major updating. Only three domestic options on tap and nothing better in bottles. Otherwise, highly recommend! Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tons More to ExploreTrevorVIPDined on 4/13/2014There are many items on the brunch menu we have yet to explore. Can't wait to get back and try some more!Special Features:
- Twice in one week!WondererDined on 4/11/2014We visited twice on our vacation. Superb food. Good service. Wish the wine had been decanted - that's our only "complaint." We'll definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in Old Town Alexandria!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2014My wife and I had dinner here recently and really enjoyed the experience. The wait staff are very courteous, and even though we were late for our reservation, they had saved us a table by the window. The food is great, with a nice selection of steaks, sandwiches, and seafood; prices are competitive. The setting is quaint/upscale and suitable for either a romantic dinner, or even a dinner or working lunch with friends or coworkers. Also, fantastic locaiton in Old Town, a short walk from the harbor/waterfront plaza.Special Features:
- Always a Great ChoiceLeiaDined on 4/8/2014This is our restaurant of choice when we have visitors in town. We've been there multiple times and recommend it whenever someone is looking for a place to celebrate a special occasion such as an anniversary or birthday. The food is delicious and service is always spot-on and friendly. Start with the She-Crab soup and end with the chocolate creme brule ~ yummy!Special Features:
- Great, but not overbearingeasierthancookingDined on 4/5/2014Great, but not overbearing service. Crab cakes were among the best I have ever had, could not detect filler. Restaurant is bouncy and noisy in front, but dining area in rear of first floor much quieter. Would recommend to friends.Special Features:
- 11th Anniversary DinnerkarcherDined on 4/4/2014We had been to the Warehouse & Grill before with our children for Sunday brunch. It's a small restaurant so it's not the best for big groups, but great for smaller groups or couples. The food is excellent and freshly prepared and the service was great as well. The servers weren't annoying or hard to find. Would highly recommend for a causal or fancy dinner affair.Special Features:
- Always a good experienceMargaretVIPDined on 4/4/2014We've been to The Warehouse many times and always enjoy it. The menu always has several interesting options and our latest visit was no different. Try the she-crab soup. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a perfect five starPoetArlington47Dined on 3/30/2014This was a perfect five star experience in every way imaginable!Special Features:
- Always a great experienceMikeVIPDined on 3/29/2014We took our daughter to brunch there with her two grandmothers and had a lovely time...the food was wonderful, and the service was terrific...the waiter figured out my daughter was there to celebrate her birthday and he brought out a dessert with a candle on his own....lovely! Kudos to the folks at the Warehouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great. Nice setup. Food ok.j2dbDined on 3/27/2014I like the place in their menu set up. However I wasn't overly impressed with how the food tasted. Other items on the menu might be okay but I ordered the steak... If I do go back would certainly try something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightJenRDined on 3/22/2014My hausband and were just looking for a place to enjoy some time together. This place seemed great since it appealed to both of palates;meat and seafood. We both went with the surf and turf and it was fabulous! We will definitely be back! We were tucked at a little table near some stairs that had a lot of traffic, but it didn't seem to bother us and were just happy to be out together. It was perfect for an intimate dinner and wouldn't be good with a larger party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatpdubVIPDined on 3/22/2014My go to place when I want to have a great meal in a lovely atmosphere. The food is consistently good, the service is great and if you go there often enough you'll feel like you home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missed!SuzieEDined on 3/21/2014On a weekend visit to Alexandria, we enjoyed our dinner at Warehouse Bar & Grill so much on Friday night 3/21/14 that we went back Saturday night. The staff was accommodating and very hospitable. The food was excellent and the wine list was good. We especially enjoyed the Seafood Gumbo and Trout Orleans. We will definitely go back if we get the chance!Special Features:
- Girls Birthday CelebrationSybilDined on 3/19/2014Great for a small group of 3 such as us or a large Group. Service was memorable. Server did well with communicating and remembering to touch base with us regularlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had Brunch it was incredible,DavePDined on 3/16/2014Had Brunch it was incredible, the service was extraordinary Felix was more than one could ask for. A must trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Brunch and for kidsSiobhanHDined on 3/16/2014We had a lovely brunch with our family which included a five and two year old. The waiter was sweet to our grandchildren and the service and food were good.Special Features:
- Great choices on the menuCapGrillVIPDined on 3/15/2014Great choices on the menu and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Discovered a gem!BritneyBDined on 3/15/2014Four of us had dinner here after seeing a show at the Warner theater last Saturday evening.. Food was excellent: She Crab soup Veal Oscar Horseradish Crusted Salmon with Lobster Etoufee Shortribs Everything was delicious! Service was friendly and first class. Great ambience. Looks like we discovered a gem! We highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected DelightBrunchBunchDined on 3/8/2014Did not anticipate the quality of food service and atmospher given the title of this restaurant. It is now my favorite spot for entertaining friends or business partners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to impresscasey03Dined on 3/8/2014I've taken many visitors to The Warehouse Bar & Grill because I know they will never fail to deliver an extremely satisfying dining experience. My guest had the lobster special and I had the staple surf and turf. The wait staff kept the water glasses filled the cocktails flowing and the Oysters "Uggie" were the perfect starter. We left with full tummies and will definitely be back again when the urge for perfectly prepared steak and seafood are our desire!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the warehousewarehouseDined on 3/8/2014They were accommodating as far as changing reservations and the food was pretty good. However, the dining area was a bit tight and the wait staff weren't very friendly or accomodating for the prices they are charging. Who serves steak without the option of a BAKED potato.Special Features:
- Food's Good, Service just okB456Dined on 3/7/2014We had to wait at the bar for about 20 minutes until our table was ready. Ordered the shrimp and crab beignets, which were dry; I wouldn't order again. The entree's were delicious, however. I had the Trout Orleans and he had the Creole Veal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great after all these yearsDrMike82VIPDined on 3/7/2014The last time I was here was 15 years ago. I craved the she-crab soup and I still found it delicious. The ambience was great. It's in a townhouse space, so it's close with the level of noise that you'd expect. Service was great. The food was delicious and worth its value, even if it's pretty straightforward. A fine place to dine near the waterfront.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!bonjonesDined on 3/5/2014What a great place! Wonderful service and delicious food. Couldn't recommend it more highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food/service; too noisyPopsDined on 3/1/2014Party of 12 next to us was boisterous/loud. Could not carry on a conversation at our nearby table.
- Creole ComfortSoutherngirlVIPDined on 2/25/2014A little piece of New Orleans magic happens daily in the lovely dining rooms of the Warehouse Br and Grill in Old Town, Alexandria, Virginia, on scenic King Street. The she crab soup is worth the calroies for a taste treat that never disapoints, with a creamy texture and peppery aftertaste. The jumbo lumps within are sweet and fresh. It is the best I have ever tasted. Do yourself a favor and also indulge in the popcorn shrimp salad with a bright lemony finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just recently moved to AlexandriapeteyDined on 2/22/2014Just recently moved to Alexandria from NE Pennsylvania a few years ago. Been to this restaurant several times in Old Town, great service and food. Whenever family and friends visit, we take them here. Menu items prices are surprisingly very reasonable.Special Features:
- Great service, food, wineMABandelDined on 2/21/2014Great service, food, wine and atmosphere - in a wonderful area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, our evening was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/21/2014Overall, our evening was great. This restaurant features mostly seafood, so for a "bar and grill", a diner must be prepared for non-standard bar and grill food. There are a few steak, chop, and pasta options, but it is obvious that this place is geared toward the seafood lover. The salads and the filet were quite good. The ambience and service were both very good too. We will likely return especially if we have guests who are looking forward to seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were greeted by the OwnerShelliVIPDined on 2/18/2014We were greeted by the Owner outside the restaurant. Mike, our Server, was wonderful. Very attentive. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.