Wantilan at Loews Royal Pacific Resort - Luau
6300 Hollywood Way
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
HawaiianPrice: $50 and over
Wantilan at Loews Royal Pacific Resort - Luau
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Royal-Pacific-Resort/dining
- Phone: 4075033463
- Hours of Operation:
Saturdays: 5:00pm - 8:00pm year rounds plus Tuesdays from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Guest registration begins at 5pm, seating begins at 6pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Nando Belmonte
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Entertainment: The Wantilan Luau takes you on a high-energy, interactive, and entertaining journey through the islands of the South Pacific. Featuring performers from Hawaii, Samoa, and Tahiti dressed in original hand-made costumes, this action-packed, family-oriented show has something for all ages. Not only will you feel the rhythmic pounding of the drums as they accompany our beautiful dancers, you'll have the chance to experience it first-hand as audience members are invited on stage to dance the hula. The show closes with a rousing finale of dance spectacle to bid the audience a fond and warm "Aloha".
A word from Wantilan at Loews Royal Pacific Resort - Luau
Experience an evening of authentic Polynesian food & entertainment at the enchanting Wantilan Luau, a weekly Hawaiian dinner show featuring an all-you-can-eat buffet of Polynesian specialties, live Hawaiian music and traditional hula dancing. Menu features items like pit-roasted suckling pig, Hawaiian Chicken Teriyaki, "Catch of the Day", tropical fruits and desserts, plus a special kid's buffet. Non-alcoholic beverages, wine, beer & mai tais are included. Saturdays year round & Tuesdays seasonally. Registrations starts at 5p and seating begins at 6p, reservations are required. Adults $63 - $70, Children 4-12 $35 - $40, 3 & under complimentary (Priority seating available at an additional price)(gratuity included, price plus tax).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Wantilan at Loews Royal Pacific Resort - Luau - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Wantilan at Loews Royal Pacific Resort - Luau reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (30)good for groups (20)special occasion (20)kid-friendly (19)fit for foodies (4)scenic view (4)romantic (3)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Only went to the Luau, did not use any other facilities. Luau was super fantastic. Food at the Luau was very, very good. Enjoyed the whole evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuauOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Great atmosphere, food, and show. Unfortunately, waiters were late getting drinks to table (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and the stage should be higher for people sitting at the back tables.Special Features:
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Not as good as I have expected. No comparison to any other Luau I have experienced before. They charge alcoholic beverage even we ordered lemonade!
- Great Luau!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014I have had a chance to go to different luau's in Florida and I would tell you this is the best one to go to. The food at the buffet was amazing. You have to try the roasted pig. It tasted like the ones that I had back home. Our server was great. He went out of his way to get something for my daughter that they didn't have on the menu. That was very kind and generous of him. The entertainment was spectacular. I would recommend my friends to attend this show and I would like to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertaining!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014The Luau entertainment was very good, the dancers were beautiful and entertaining. The food was okay, and was not out that long, did not give us enough time for a second time around. A lot of adults at our table enjoyed the kid's food just as much if not more than the adult buffet. We did have a great time and enjoyed the evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok experience-bit overpricedHEatherBDined on 7/12/2014The show was pretty good. Really enjoyed the flame twirler. Not sure the whole experience was worth the steep price. Alcoholic drinks includes very mediocre whine, Mai tai's, and beer in a can. Furthermore they started consolidating and shutting down food lines almost as soon as everybody had gone through once. Bar shut down before end of show. So it seemed like they were waiting for show to end and guests to leave. I also didn't like that you have to wait in a long line for seating to open. This was not ok with kids. I suggest getting there right at 6 to avoid lines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic EventKiyoshiDined on 7/5/2014The Wantilan Luau is one of the most exciting events you could ever see and enjoy. There is an all you can eat buffet with a huge variety of delicious food with dessert. They offer free alcoholic beverages and a spectacular show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itkailovesluauDined on 7/5/2014I loved it, I've always wanted to go see a Hawaii Luau. So it felt like we took a trip to Hawaii during our visit to Orlando. Food was great we arrived a few minutes late so lines were long and we didn't get priority seating but we still had a good view from the back lol.I even got a chance to go dance on stage woohoo. The performers were energetic and entertaining. The food and drinks were great only thin is I thought we'd still have access to the alcohol once the performances started but we didn't so that sucked a little. i love CHIEF, would have loved to see more male performers too but chief held it down with the girls.Special Features:
- Fun experienceSuzycampDined on 7/5/2014The dancers were amazing. The wait to get in was terrible, very disorganized check in. The food was average, nothing spectacular. Would not do again because of expense.Special Features:
- Horrible ExperiencehatesTHISluauDined on 7/5/2014My husband and I were on our very first vacation with our 14 year old daughter and her friend. It took us years to save for this Universal vacation. We were so excited about the luau. But, it was terrible! It was under staffed... we didn't even have a server. Everyone else was drinking mai tai's while we poured ourselves water. The food was overcooked and cold because we had to wait 30 minutes after it was supposed to start before we were allowed to be seated. The food sat out the entire time. We left early. I would never recommend this to anyone!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014My family and I only went there for the Luau. didn't get to see the hotel, only lobby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and deliciousALJonesDined on 6/21/2014Great Luau show. All you can eat buffet was actually very delicious with plenty of options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuauHappDined on 6/17/2014I thought it was a good experience until I seen where the luau was suppose to be held at and then I felt rip off our luau was moved to a diode rent location because of double booking problems the original site would have been so much betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014We were pretty disappointed... The show was good but the food was just okay. Once we got our initial drinks we never saw the wait staff again, I guess because the gratuity was included and is paid up front. They say alcohol is included but the options were very limited and since we could not locate wait staff we could not order additional drinks. Our dinner and dessert plates were never cleared from the table and just sat in front of us during the whole show. For a family of two adults and two children we spent over $200 which we did not feel was worth it at all, we would not do this again...
- Fun for a special occasionRexkat1Dined on 5/24/2014The show was very entertaining, especially the fire dancer. Live music during our dining was a bit too loud. The food was very good. Chef was very accommodating to the gluten-free vegan diner in our party.Special Features:
- Good food, good entertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014My only suggestion would be a better sound check for the band. There was feedback from the speakers throughout dinner. The food was interesting and diverse, with a special section for kids which was less adventurous. Great dancing on the stage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Random acts of FunZhurrieDined on 5/24/2014Excellent food.but Included adult beverages are limited as they stop serving after the show starts, so stock up. Show was good there is audience participation. Music during dinner was old, they need to update it. There are so many great Hawaiian songs and remakes why are they playing redundant old school stuff. Sound system was poorly set up and was a distraction instead of a bonus. There was feed back, pops, and a loud hum during parts of the show that really took away from the show. Meeting new people at tables was fun since everyone is a tourist. Tables did not reflect Polynesian style or decoration. It was fun once as is, could be amazing with a little work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was funGreatWaffleDined on 5/10/2014The food was great and plentiful - they had one type of food for any type of person. I really liked the fresh fruit and the chocolate cake. The entertainment was also really fun and it seemed to include everyone (especially the tiny ones).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Night Out!!!MOIfromFloraRidgeDined on 5/10/2014We recently visited the Wantilan Luau to celebrate Mother’s Day, this was our first time at the ‘dinner and show’. I have to say we were extremely surprised and happy to see the variety of dishes they had to offer and the quality of the food. It has been a few days since and we’re still talking about it and have recommended it to everyone we know. We attempted to try a little of almost everything they offered but it was impossible, too much; everything was delicious! The Mai Tai’s are great and the servers just kept them coming. Service was wonderful; everyone was very attentive throughout the time we were there. The show was great too, very entertaining; the dancers are phenomenal! We really recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closest I've been to HawaiiMcFly5585VIPDined on 5/10/2014I had read great reviews and was very intrigued by the menu. The offerings were pretty good and varied enough- lots of salad and cold options, a few stir fry type dishes and a carving station. The roasted pig was not as flavorful as I was hoping, but there were some tasty sauces on the side. The salads were tasty (hearts of palm and the ahi tuna in particular). The dessert options were nice and bite-sized, but it seems they ran out of what I believe was bread pudding, before I had a chance to try it. All-you-care to drink Mai Tais were, as one would expect in a buffet setting, a little watered down. The show was great though! Loved the island-music, hula dancers and fire! It did feel like a Hawaiian wedding in a way.Special Features:
- Okay LuauLoyal2RoyalDined on 5/10/2014My husband and I celebrated our 25th Anniversary at the luau. It was a gift from our 21 year old son. That being said, it was a lot of money for him to spend. We both feel that for the money it could have been better. Although the entertainment was good, the musicians were great, the food was so~so. I was excited to see on the menu "Johnny Cakes" as a dessert item. There was a corn muffin which was called a johnny cake, but no real johnny cake. Dissappointment! The ahi tuna dish seemed to be more noodle than fish. In fact, I couldn't find a piece of fish at all. The beef was good, but, the poor little pig that sacrificed his life was not done any justice. It was dry. I am glad we went, but for the money, there are better places to eat. :(
- luauhubbiesafoodieDined on 4/26/2014Great service, good food and very good entertainment! My family including 16 and 12 year old boys loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luau Fun!ShopGirlDined on 4/19/2014The Luau at the Royal Pacific Resort is a great experience for all ages. The entire crowd was engaged. Plenty of choices of food and the service was outstanding. You really felt like you were in Hawaii for a short time. Loved the building that the Luau is held in. super cool.Special Features:
- Hawaiian LuauBrendaDined on 4/12/2014I brought my Dad to Florida to attend the Luau dinner after being recently being diagnosed with terminal cancer and a prognosis of just a few months. He's always dreamed of going to Hawaii, so I was excited that it could possibly be the next best thing to Hawaii. I was sure that if we could have a great seat for the luau that my Dad may have the feeling of being in Hawaii for just a little while. I was deeply disappointed and in tears that after calling concierge to explain our situation and expressing the need of priority seating for my family of 8, when we arrived a little late our priority seating was not held and we were set at the table farthest from the show. Now we will not have that chance again:( The setting and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tables are assigned when youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014tables are assigned when you register but not the actual seating at the tables so would recommend that people with special needs such as wheel chairs arrive early and stay in line after registering in order to obtain the seating requirements needed to get the most out of the experience. staff was very attentive, food was decent, and the show was 'entertaining'.
- The following 172 reviews are from the Wantilan at Loews Royal Pacific Resort - Luau reviews archive.
- LuauYFusDined on 3/29/2014Loved the luau. I wish there was a dvd of the performance. Dinner was fabulous and dessert was heavenly. Chief is a hunk of burning love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night out, but not for my teenKristenRobDined on 3/22/2014I loved the food and the dancers, but my 13 year old daughter was bored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun but not worth preferred seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014The food was quite good and there are great choices for picky eaters. We paid for preferred seating but I'm not really sure what that got us. We were seated at the last table in back and the kids could not really see the show. That was our biggest disappointment. It is still a fun, relaxing way to spend an evening.Special Features:
- LuauOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014The Luau was great! A little long but fun and memorable. The food was amazing and the staff was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Luau!AmberDined on 3/15/2014I had read mixed reviews online prior to booking and was unsure if we should do this but Oh my gosh! I'm so happy that we did! What an excellent show! Great dancing, great entertainment, good food, kids loved it! We would go back and I am recommending it to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Family FunLocalYocalDined on 3/15/2014The show was terrific. The hotel is beautiful. It is family dining style, so you do get put with others, so that part was a bit awkward. It would have been more fun if they placed us with another family with kids. Otherwise it was great.Special Features:
- Fabulous evening, made toBooantfranDined on 3/8/2014Fabulous evening, made to feel very welcome. Will definitely recommend and do againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great giftOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014I wasn't sure what to expect but this was one of the best gifts I had received and wouldn't mind recommending it to someone elae.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luaumel66Dined on 2/1/2014Excellent friendly service and plenty of food choice. Fun entertainment and well worth the cost. Would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luauspindriftDined on 2/1/2014The food was good. The cast was excellent and very friendly. Very pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Luau was ok. I liked theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014The Luau was ok. I liked the dancing and fire. Personaly I didn't like the meal but my husband did. It was nothing the restaurant did just personal preference . One of our kids liked the pizza not the show the other kid didn't like either. So for the cost I am alittle sad. Again though it is of no fault of the restaurant. So we will return to the resort which was great but not the Luau. It's just a personal preference. Thank you though and I know those girls had to be cold . Wish I would have enjoyed it more.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2014I have always wanted to go to a luau and this couldn't have been better! The food was so delicious; I definitely stuffed myself that night! The entertainment was amazing; the fire dancers were unbelievable and thrilling. The service was great; our drinks were never less than half full. Although it is a little pricy, it is definitely worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuauChristieDined on 12/31/2013The food was awesome and the show was great. Compared to Disney's Polynesian Review the show cast was smaller and not as dramatic but more entertaining since they involve the audience. The food at the Luau was 10 times better than the Polynesian review at Disney.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The show was very good; theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2013The show was very good; the food was good; the wine was not good. They took a reservation for priority seating but did not honor it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience, but a bit priceyfunnyboy714Dined on 12/28/2013Bring your appetite. But it's definitely not worth it if you have a light or picky eater.Special Features: