Wantilan at Loews Royal Pacific Resort - Luau
6300 Hollywood Way
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
HawaiianPrice: $50 and over
Wantilan at Loews Royal Pacific Resort - Luau
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Royal-Pacific-Resort/dining
- Phone: 4075033463
- Hours of Operation:
Saturdays: 5:00pm - 8:00pm year rounds plus Tuesdays from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Guest registration begins at 5pm, seating begins at 6pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Nando Belmonte
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Entertainment: The Wantilan Luau takes you on a high-energy, interactive, and entertaining journey through the islands of the South Pacific. Featuring performers from Hawaii, Samoa, and Tahiti dressed in original hand-made costumes, this action-packed, family-oriented show has something for all ages. Not only will you feel the rhythmic pounding of the drums as they accompany our beautiful dancers, you'll have the chance to experience it first-hand as audience members are invited on stage to dance the hula. The show closes with a rousing finale of dance spectacle to bid the audience a fond and warm "Aloha".
A word from Wantilan at Loews Royal Pacific Resort - Luau
Experience an evening of authentic Polynesian food & entertainment at the enchanting Wantilan Luau, a weekly Hawaiian dinner show featuring an all-you-can-eat buffet of Polynesian specialties, live Hawaiian music and traditional hula dancing. Menu features items like pit-roasted suckling pig, Hawaiian Chicken Teriyaki, "Catch of the Day", tropical fruits and desserts, plus a special kid's buffet. Non-alcoholic beverages, wine, beer & mai tais are included. Saturdays year round & Tuesdays seasonally. Registrations starts at 5p and seating begins at 6p, reservations are required. Adults $63 - $70, Children 4-12 $35 - $40, 3 & under complimentary (Priority seating available at an additional price)(gratuity included, price plus tax).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Wantilan at Loews Royal Pacific Resort - Luau - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Wantilan at Loews Royal Pacific Resort - Luau reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (36)special occasion (35)good for groups (30)kid-friendly (24)fit for foodies (8)romantic (7)late-night find (7)scenic view (6)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (3)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Perfect for our celebrating coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014From the moment we got there we were immersed in the quiet luxury of what would be the Polynesian culture the ambience was wonderful the music was beautiful and very romantic we couldn't of asked for a better eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect35yearluauDined on 10/4/2014fantastic the resort,the sushi bar,the luau,the restarante,the rooms,all are to my liking ,next time it will be with the whole family,35th anniversiy the best place and the hula girls/guys the best,hope soon we will come and visit again,thank you for the great time,food and show, Nelson&Virgen DeJesusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best time everLuvthatLuauDined on 10/4/2014Everyone in our family agreed that our participation in the Wantilan Luau was our favorite experience in our 8 days at Universal and Walt Disney World. We went there on our first night of vacation, and everything about it was perfect! The show was outstanding, it had great audience participation, and the food was unbelievable. It was truly a "once in a lifetime" experience. And our party included 2 grandparents, 2 parents, a six-year-old and an eight-year-old. We all loved it!Special Features:
- Solid entertainment, so-so foodEddie2Dined on 9/27/2014The band, the hula dancers & the fire dancer were all quite good, especially the fire dancer. We've been to luau's in Hawaii & this one was not quite as good as those, basically because there were fewer performers here, but still very good & entertaining. The food was spotty, with some highlights (e.g., for those who like roast pig) and some real misses (kimchi with goat cheese was really unpleasant), also there were no "hearty salads" for those steering away from meat, leaving basically various lettuces & some rolls + dessert, so not vegetarian friendly. The servers were helpful & the food was not taken away early as some have noted previously, but merely consolidated from 2 stations to one as it wound down, which made perfect sense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceTraceyDined on 9/20/2014The show was awsome and the service was perfect!!! What really impressed me was that at the buffet there were cards that told you what your food options were and on the card it told you whether or not there was nuts and glutton in the dish. We had two patrons with allergies and I am happy to say that when I added it to the comments at reservation time that they took it very seriously. One of the servers knew that the glutton free dessert is the first to be taken and set two aside for us as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spankito3Dined on 9/13/2014The food was incredible, the Mai tai great. The show too short. But the hula dancers very good. The variety of the food excellent. The service very nice. I highly recommend this Luau.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!ChilliusviDined on 9/13/2014The food was great and plenty of it! The setting was beautiful and the entertainment was really enjoyable. We would definitely go back and do it again. So much fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luau Reviews1212Dined on 8/30/2014I am not sure but, I do not think a Luau is a Luau without a pig in the ground. The food selection was marginal at best, as it seemed the entire focus was on dessert. The entertainment was very exceptional, the only highlight from our anniversary night! I would not recommend this to any one that I cared about.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Had a great time. Food was very good and service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luaudawg75Dined on 8/23/2014The show was great , the service was excellent ,but I didn't care for the majority of the food or desserts. I would especially give better desserts if I was putting this on. The hot humid weather didn't help either, but you can't control that .More large fans would have helped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great everything, shoLuvinlifeDined on 8/23/2014Awesome variety of food, super nice people, beautiful girls, genuine Hawaiian dancing & a nice atmosphere but the show per se wasn't worth $70! After the first 3 Hawaiian songs I got bored until the one guy in the show, finally did something different, but didn't last long enough. I have fun anywhere and of course enjoyed the night but I personally would only go again with a free ticket, eat all the food and leave after the first 15 mins!Special Features:
- Awesome!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I had an awesome time! The dancing was good the show was funny and the fire trick was amazing!! I would definitely go back again =)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and entertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014I'm not a buffet person. The food was very good. Everything was very fresh and there were many choices. The kids station had typical kids food. Pizza, macaroni and cheese and chicken fingers. Regular buffet had Polynesian style food such as roast pork and coconut rice. There was even a seared tuna and noodle dish vey tasty and fresh. Everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday MustHolidaymustDined on 8/16/2014Absolute must for people who want to make their holiday experience even more memorable.Special Features:
- South Pacific in Floridanicky2190Dined on 8/9/2014The food was amazing, loved the Coconut Bread Pudding, did leave my email address for the recipe, unfortunately I have not received it. The roasted pork was moist and tasty. Plenty of choice. The entertainment was enjoyable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The show was very energetic and funny. The food was good for the most part, pig was not as seasoned as in Hawaii.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely eveningperkyDined on 8/9/2014Our first evening at the Royal Pacific Resort went off with a bang at the Wantilan Luau. While waiting to be seated, we were entertained by a lovely singer and Polynesian dancer. We tried many new foods, including a very impressive whole roast pig. The buffet was beautifully arranged. We were seated with other people at our table and it was nice to meet other vacationers. The entertainment was wonderful. The ever-flowing Mai Tai's were also great. A wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great if you DrinkFoodiesOnVactionDined on 8/2/2014I was hoping this would to be the highlight of the vacation it turned out to be a dud. We don't drink but if you do all the drinks are included. The entertainment was fair, they tried to engage the audience. However most kids (ages 5 to 15) were bored. No soda just fruit punch and lemonade for non-drinkers. Out of all he food everyone enjoined only two dishes the salmon and pulled pork. The desserts were all great. Compared to other Luaus we have been at this one just wasn't worth the price.Special Features:
- Fun for family.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014The kids really enjoyed the show. The food was very good. Very well organized.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Only went to the Luau, did not use any other facilities. Luau was super fantastic. Food at the Luau was very, very good. Enjoyed the whole evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertaining event after the parksJeremym999Dined on 7/26/2014After seeing signs advertising for the luau around the resort on a previous visit, we knew we'd have to do it next time we were there. The outdoor seating was surprisingly not too hot. The food was excellent and there was quite a variety for everyone's tastes. My only complaint would be that the Mai tais were a bit weak, but since it was all you could drink I understand why. The best part about the evening hands down was the various displays of dance from the island culture. If your looking for a nice entertaining evening after a long day in the parks, I strongly recommend this event. Well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuauDrinksonmeDined on 7/26/2014Great atmosphere, food, and show. Unfortunately, waiters were late getting drinks to table (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and the stage should be higher for people sitting at the back tables.Special Features:
- Fun AtmosphereJAYF92Dined on 7/22/2014This was a great vacation experience and the atmosphere fit the hotel environment. The food was good and there were a lot of different choices and a special kids area with more basic foods. It was fun to experience a luau setting and then watch the Hawaiian dancers on stage. Of course the fire spinning dancer was a favorite! It was a little chaotic when everyone went u to eat at the same time but the buffet moved fairly quickly. It was fun to get pictures with the dancers afterward also.Special Features:
- OkBuddyDined on 7/22/2014Not as good as I have expected. No comparison to any other Luau I have experienced before. They charge alcoholic beverage even we ordered lemonade!
- Great Luau!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014I have had a chance to go to different luau's in Florida and I would tell you this is the best one to go to. The food at the buffet was amazing. You have to try the roasted pig. It tasted like the ones that I had back home. Our server was great. He went out of his way to get something for my daughter that they didn't have on the menu. That was very kind and generous of him. The entertainment was spectacular. I would recommend my friends to attend this show and I would like to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertaining!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014The Luau entertainment was very good, the dancers were beautiful and entertaining. The food was okay, and was not out that long, did not give us enough time for a second time around. A lot of adults at our table enjoyed the kid's food just as much if not more than the adult buffet. We did have a great time and enjoyed the evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok experience-bit overpricedHEatherBDined on 7/12/2014The show was pretty good. Really enjoyed the flame twirler. Not sure the whole experience was worth the steep price. Alcoholic drinks includes very mediocre whine, Mai tai's, and beer in a can. Furthermore they started consolidating and shutting down food lines almost as soon as everybody had gone through once. Bar shut down before end of show. So it seemed like they were waiting for show to end and guests to leave. I also didn't like that you have to wait in a long line for seating to open. This was not ok with kids. I suggest getting there right at 6 to avoid lines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic EventKiyoshiDined on 7/5/2014The Wantilan Luau is one of the most exciting events you could ever see and enjoy. There is an all you can eat buffet with a huge variety of delicious food with dessert. They offer free alcoholic beverages and a spectacular show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itkailovesluauDined on 7/5/2014I loved it, I've always wanted to go see a Hawaii Luau. So it felt like we took a trip to Hawaii during our visit to Orlando. Food was great we arrived a few minutes late so lines were long and we didn't get priority seating but we still had a good view from the back lol.I even got a chance to go dance on stage woohoo. The performers were energetic and entertaining. The food and drinks were great only thin is I thought we'd still have access to the alcohol once the performances started but we didn't so that sucked a little. i love CHIEF, would have loved to see more male performers too but chief held it down with the girls.Special Features:
- Fun experienceSuzycampDined on 7/5/2014The dancers were amazing. The wait to get in was terrible, very disorganized check in. The food was average, nothing spectacular. Would not do again because of expense.Special Features:
- Horrible ExperiencehatesTHISluauDined on 7/5/2014My husband and I were on our very first vacation with our 14 year old daughter and her friend. It took us years to save for this Universal vacation. We were so excited about the luau. But, it was terrible! It was under staffed... we didn't even have a server. Everyone else was drinking mai tai's while we poured ourselves water. The food was overcooked and cold because we had to wait 30 minutes after it was supposed to start before we were allowed to be seated. The food sat out the entire time. We left early. I would never recommend this to anyone!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014My family and I only went there for the Luau. didn't get to see the hotel, only lobby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 186 reviews are from the Wantilan at Loews Royal Pacific Resort - Luau reviews archive.
- fun and deliciousALJonesDined on 6/21/2014Great Luau show. All you can eat buffet was actually very delicious with plenty of options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuauHappDined on 6/17/2014I thought it was a good experience until I seen where the luau was suppose to be held at and then I felt rip off our luau was moved to a diode rent location because of double booking problems the original site would have been so much betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014We were pretty disappointed... The show was good but the food was just okay. Once we got our initial drinks we never saw the wait staff again, I guess because the gratuity was included and is paid up front. They say alcohol is included but the options were very limited and since we could not locate wait staff we could not order additional drinks. Our dinner and dessert plates were never cleared from the table and just sat in front of us during the whole show. For a family of two adults and two children we spent over $200 which we did not feel was worth it at all, we would not do this again...
- Fun for a special occasionRexkat1Dined on 5/24/2014The show was very entertaining, especially the fire dancer. Live music during our dining was a bit too loud. The food was very good. Chef was very accommodating to the gluten-free vegan diner in our party.Special Features:
- Good food, good entertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014My only suggestion would be a better sound check for the band. There was feedback from the speakers throughout dinner. The food was interesting and diverse, with a special section for kids which was less adventurous. Great dancing on the stage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Random acts of FunZhurrieDined on 5/24/2014Excellent food.but Included adult beverages are limited as they stop serving after the show starts, so stock up. Show was good there is audience participation. Music during dinner was old, they need to update it. There are so many great Hawaiian songs and remakes why are they playing redundant old school stuff. Sound system was poorly set up and was a distraction instead of a bonus. There was feed back, pops, and a loud hum during parts of the show that really took away from the show. Meeting new people at tables was fun since everyone is a tourist. Tables did not reflect Polynesian style or decoration. It was fun once as is, could be amazing with a little work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was funGreatWaffleDined on 5/10/2014The food was great and plentiful - they had one type of food for any type of person. I really liked the fresh fruit and the chocolate cake. The entertainment was also really fun and it seemed to include everyone (especially the tiny ones).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Night Out!!!MOIfromFloraRidgeDined on 5/10/2014We recently visited the Wantilan Luau to celebrate Mother’s Day, this was our first time at the ‘dinner and show’. I have to say we were extremely surprised and happy to see the variety of dishes they had to offer and the quality of the food. It has been a few days since and we’re still talking about it and have recommended it to everyone we know. We attempted to try a little of almost everything they offered but it was impossible, too much; everything was delicious! The Mai Tai’s are great and the servers just kept them coming. Service was wonderful; everyone was very attentive throughout the time we were there. The show was great too, very entertaining; the dancers are phenomenal! We really recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.