166 Dekalb Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11217Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.waltersbrooklyn.com/
- Phone: (718) 488-7800
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 1:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 1:00am
We accept reservations for parties of 4 or more. We also keep plenty of tables open for all walk in parties
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Walter's
Casual American. We accept reservations for parties of 4 or more. We keep plenty of tables open for all walk in parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Walter's reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (7)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)good for groups (3)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Walter'sBrook19VIPDined on 11/3/2014This is a good neighborhood restaurant. It has an interesting menuSpecial Features:
- great.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Great service and ambiance. The main courses are fair. We got the blackened catfish and a bar steak. The appetizers are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walters has really gone down hillOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/16/2014I really used to love this place. But the food just doesn't rate anymore. I ordered the seafood stew. Complete rip off. It literally had 2 muscles and 2 shrimp. A year ago I ordered the same dish and it was loaded with seafood. The rest of the food was underwhelming as well. Dry pork chop, cold lasagna. I really want to still like this place but just can't do it anymore.
- Walter's Fort Greene BrooklynJaredGMTDined on 9/13/2014We eat there at least once a month. It was my mom's first time and she already wants to return. We ran in to my sister and her husband and her party of six after we ate. We sent them over to Walter's and they thought it was a great referral. #greatfood #Amazingdrinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walter'slittlebitesVIPDined on 9/5/2014Neighborhood Gem. Quality of food is always excellent. perfect place for lunch or an early dinner with the kids!Special Features:
- The following 12 reviews are from the Walter's reviews archive.
- Serious food on Fort Greene ParkfairmanDined on 7/19/2014Walter's is a high quality, laid-back Brooklyn restaurant that serves food the equal of anything in it's price range in Manhattan, though in a more thoughtful, authentic way. Excellent cocktails without obnoxious mixology obsessions characterize the warm wooden bar setting. Lots of fresh fresh and vegetables complement the full dinner menu. Interestingly, like many restaurants in London, they've pared down their menu to a few very good items, preferring the quality to quantity approach. This is a medium-priced restaurant by Manhattan standards, perhaps a little more by Brooklyn standards. It's very convenient near the Q line in a great neighborhood. Reservations are a must. We will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific spot!TRUZjrVIPDined on 6/17/2014Friendly, upbeat vibe in this sweet little Fort Greene spot. Attentive service. Delicious food! Highlights: octopus starter, the side of cauliflower, the crispy, grilled sourdough that accompanied the Fisherman's Stew (though the stew definitely needed more seafood). Friends were happy with the Salmon, Catfish and Pasta dishes too! Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well prepared food, sumptuous.eldogandjulesDined on 6/12/2014Delicious appetizers including the best tasting octopus we have ever tasted. It was cooked to perfection. Our waitress was sweet, efficient and knowledgeable. I enjoyed a glass of Chardonney that augmented the taste of the dishes which included vegetable lasagna, a beautiful dip and the aforementioned fruits de mar. My party greatly enjoyed perusing the wall of famous "Walters".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/3/2014Excellent service - we had such a nice and attentive waiter. And the ambiance is lively - Walter's attracts a good crowd that makes for a good ambiance. BUT, except for the deviled egg, the food doesn't leave a lasting impression. The dishes were bland at best and the flavor combinations of some dishes were just off - it wasn't just me, but others who felt the same. And for the price, the dishes are small and don't come with any substantive sides. Certainly not worth the tab.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/24/2014overall, we love walter's. it's our favorite spot in the neighborhood. but, there are two issues consistently – because it's so popular, the restaurant crams seats in too closely. it makes dining uncomfortable. also, the acoustics are terrible and the restaurant is too noisy to have a nice conversation.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014I came here for my birthday dinner with friends - amazing food, drinks, and service! Will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought everything was excellent.NadiyahDined on 3/7/2014I thought everything was excellent. We made reservations for 6. We got there on time as was seated immediately. No wait time and it was a very busy Friday night. We we're out celebrating my mother's birthday. She had a wonderful time. We are definitely coming back!Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2014We had a FANTASTIC time at Walter's. Staff took great care of us. We will certainly be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2013Walters manages to feel friendly and at the same time satisfy your need if you have it for a touch of hipsterness withou feeling like you need to have a 2 day growth on your face or rolled up skinny jeans. Warm friendly service well balance menu with moderate pricing. My wife loved her pasta with clams. I had the sea food, which probably needs to be refined somewhat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fort Green FindVickyVIPDined on 12/14/2013Love it. My son lives in Brooklyn and he suggested it. We all had dinner there before a BAM show and loved it. There was something for everyone on the menu. Each course was incredible, especially the artichoke dip and the apple strawberry tarts for desert!Special Features:
- Super noisy spot, even whenaoc111Dined on 10/9/2013Super noisy spot, even when just half full, but quality food and good service. Don't expect to be able to have a conversation at a normal decibel level, so not ideal for intimate romantic evening anytime during dinner hours. Better for easy going night out with friends and neighbors. The French fries are addictive, lamb chops were served wonderfully rare, roast chicken was moist and nicely seasoned. The cocktails are always well crafted and the non-alcoholic cucumber mint Lemonade and ginger beer are refreshing and not overly sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2013We tried every thing from oysters to multiple appetizers specialty cocktails entrees and desserts. Everything was delicious, the fried chicken was moist and crispy but light. The French dip is made with filet mignon and amazing. We had a reservation at 8 and got there 7 minutes late. The restaurant called at 8:04 to make sure we were still coming. The restaurant is small and the table was a great booth so we understood why so call them even if you are going to be minutes late. My only disappointment with the whole experience was that we felt very rushed. When spending as much as we were it was too bad that we felt that the waitress still wanted to try and turn our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.