146 E. Cheyenne Mountain Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80906Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.waltersbistro.com/
- Phone: 7196300201
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Sunday Brunch on Easter and Mother's Day ONLY,
Dinner:Monday-Saturday open at 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steve Weber
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Walter's Bistro offers 2 private in addition to the main dining room & can accommodate parties up to 150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Walter Iser 7196300201
A word from Walter's Bistro
The newly renovated Walter's Bistro features incredible contemporary American cuisine including an exquisite seafood selection. Enjoy a wide variety of fine spirits & wonderful wine list with varietals from around the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Walter's Bistro - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
Walter's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (15)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (10)romantic (10)notable wine list (5)good for groups (4)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great family & intimate restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This place is great for a big group/family or for a couples dining experience. The food was fabulous with delicious appetizers as well as main courses. The Kale salad and Lobster bisque was amazing! The sole too! The owner Walter was friendly and accommodating when we had to add another chair to the table to expand our reservation last minute. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants great food and a nice atmosphere in Colorado Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a wonderful mealDebIVIPDined on 10/18/2014We were just at Walters last evening. We both had seafood dishes that were exceptional. We always have a wonderful meal there. The wait staff is professional. All tables and booths allow some intimate space. You never feel like you're so close to someone that you are in on their personal conversation. A lovely place.Special Features:
- OverratedluvfoodDined on 10/15/2014I wasn't please with the food. I ordered filet mignon medium rare, but its came out as overcook medium. My friend ordered veal came out overcook. I just expected the food cook right when I spent that much money.Special Features:
- Great Date RestaurantOlyPicDined on 10/11/2014The menu had just the right amount of choices. I found the lamb shank done to perfection, fall off the bone tender. Where the Bistro really shined was the dessert. The Crème Brule was amazing and the flourless chocolate cake was rich but not overpowering. The waiter had us pair it with a dessert wine that just made the dessert combinations sing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walter What Happened?EATINGOUTDined on 10/11/2014Walter's was my favorite place for years, we went away last year for awhile on my return I went to Walters for my Birthday. Wow has it changed all my favorites are gone. The great Ahi appt. in now Ahi Taco's not the Best. Teeny Tiny pieces of Ahi (not the freshes) in a Wonton. The Caesar Salad not the fresh crisp lettuce it was before and dressing changed, one piece of Anchovy. Bisque was lukewarm and ok only ok. Cocktails were inconsistent same drink came different each time. Prices went up and Food was good but not good enough for a return trip. Sorry Walter you are off my list of great places to eat. Wait staff are nice.
- Great Dining ExperienceJamesDined on 10/4/2014We have eaten at Walter's numerous times and have always found the food and service to be excellent. Saturday night was no different. Everything was wonderful.Special Features:
- Business dinner was a hitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014I knew nothing about Walters and relied on Trip Advisor. Excellent choice. Walters is a small "real" restaurant with great food, wine and ambience. My business guests who lived outside of Colorado Springs had never been there before. I suspect they will now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- James BigaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014If you're looking for great food and a quieter more romantic setting, this is the place to go.
- Incredible foodAHL27Dined on 9/12/2014Walter's Bistro is truly a gem! We went on a Friday evening and it was wonderful. Everyone on staff was friendly and smiling. The food was OUTSTANDING. My husband had the pasta of the day with shrimp and I got the bacon-wrapped filet mignon--perfection. Walter, the owner, was walking around talking to people, and we could tell that some people were regulars from their conversations with Walter. How lovely of him to make sure everyone was taken care of well. I would 100% recommend eating here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous, butWingriderDined on 9/10/2014The 400% + wine markup is hard to swallow. Geyser Peak Sauvignon blanc for $39 !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarginalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014There were a lot of interesting items on the menu, which is what attracted us to the restaurant in the first place. We had received a referral to the restaurant from a reputable source. The actual execution of the dishes was lacking. I had the pan-seared scallops with risotto. The scallops were not seared and the risotto was not properly cooked. The risotto had a powdered spice added to it, I think to add color to the dish. I did not finish the risotto. The vegetables were slightly overdone and lacked color to add to the dish. My wife had a combination of appetizers which were fine. However, the mussels, which were going to be her main, lacked the necessary broth and were very strong smelling and tasting.
- Delicious food, great servicetatesDined on 8/15/2014Our experience at Walter's Bistro was wonderful! One of the nice touches is that the owner himself is there to escort people to their tables. The atmosphere is soft music and low lighting which enables great conversation. Our waiter was very friendly and professional. The food was delicious. Our only complaints are that it was a little expensive for the amount received, and the prime rib was half fat and very tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2014Food was great. Service impeccable. Lovely setting. Pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fantastic!DenverNativeDined on 8/6/2014We frequently travel from Denver to Colorado Springs for the express purpose of dining at Walter's Bistro. The food and service are always outstanding, and you cannot beat the friendly atmosphere. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food, wine and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Haven't been there in over a year but the quality of the experience at Walter's hash't changed and was definitely a delight. Highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- fine dining, service spottypnpinCODined on 7/21/2014Enjoyed our appetizers (lobster bisque), fish entrees and desert. Wine list was good but our desired wine was not available. Once we were seated by the always congenial Walter we were left for quite awhile without greeting, water or menus by the wait staff. The head waiter seemed most interested in upselling everything. His service was slow, impersonal and condescending - like he was doing us a favor. A distasteful touch on an otherwise nice eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 290 reviews are from the Walter's Bistro reviews archive.
- Local HangoutKLPHILLIPSDined on 6/17/2014I have been to Walter's a few times now. Nice place for either a quiet happy hour, or a more vibrant dinner scene. This was a business dinner for four. There were many times that we had to lean into the table to hear the conversation, so it is a little on the loud side, but not excessively so. Overall we all enjoyed our meals. There were some classy touches, such as the cream "W" inscribed on the lobster bisque. I had the Caesar salad as well as the Sea Bass. Both were good, but not remarkable. I didn't really care for the cream vegetable medley. I wouldn't say there was anything wrong with it, just not what I was expecting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerYespleaseDined on 6/13/2014I got the grilled veal and it was fantastic. Cooked medium just like I asked. Seasoned perfectly. The soup, cheese potato, was flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new regular placeluvitquietDined on 6/4/2014This restaurant is right in our neighborhood but we resisted going to it because we thought it would be terribly expensive and it seemed only old people went there. But we were pleasantly surprised. The food was wonderful - we especially enjoyed the filet - very tasty and tender and cooked to perfection. The service was very good and the atmosphere was elegant and nice and quiet - just how we like it. And it was not a break the budget type of place, not cheap either but what you would expect to pay for the quality. We enjoyed spending our anniversary dinner there and will probably go back just because. It does not need a special occasion. The bar was full of people and also the private rooms.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Friendly service, and delicious/spectacular food served in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Pleasant ExperienceInkerDined on 5/11/2014The Mother's Day brunch offered a very nice variety to choose from. Each of the 2 Entrees that my wife and I had were smoothly arranged and prepared with accents green, tart and sweetness.Special Features:
- ExcellentCharlieBDined on 5/5/2014Hadn't been to Walter's in a while and was very glad I returned. There were four in our business group and not a thing was left on any of the plates. Food taste and quality were excellent and everyone concured it was a great evening. Looking forward to going back with my wife for a special occassion, or maybe just to have a great meal without a special reason for going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood fine diningKikiDined on 5/3/2014We enjoyed our visit to Walter's Bistro. It has a nice ambience and great service along with great food. My group had the lobster bisque, escargot and foie gras with scallop as a first course. Everyone was pleased. The foie gras recipient said it was good but a bit too salty. We sampled and agreed. The other dishes were excellent. For our main courses, we had the filet, lamb, seafood trio and pork tenderloin. All were cooked perfectly at the temps requested. The seafood trio (my dish) was perfectly cooked and delicious with one exception - too much salt. It tasted as though the person putting on finishing salt has a VERY heavy hand and is the reason for 4 stars rather than 5. Dessert (creme brule) and coffee were also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite FestaurantGr8estDined on 4/26/2014Walter's Bistro is a warm, friendly place to meet with friends or take a client to lunch or dinner. The menu is always fresh and new with many healthy choices. They offer a wide variety of wines with informed wait staff ready to help you make a selection. My favorite place to eat in all the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantjaoijenaDined on 4/26/2014We loved our meal and the ambiance. The service could not have been better and the food was great. The only constructive criticism I have is that the fish was a bit over cooked for my personal preference. Otherwise it was perfect. Thank you so very much for a wonderful evening. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocreFillingDined on 4/20/2014Unfortunately, I had high expectations for our brunch. It was just ok. It seemed dated, not sure when the menu was last changed? I'm having a really hard time finding good food in the Springs. I have a few more places to try before I move on to Denver.
- repeat customerMakersMarkDined on 4/19/2014My wife and I have been going to Walters back when it was on Eighth street. To us it is a special occasion place, usually our anniversary or her birthday, sometimes Valentines day. We dine out a lot, and usually at some top end restaurants, so we know good food, waiters and bartenders. Walters never disappoints. SincerelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OscarDined on 4/19/2014Lovely dinner experience; wonderful Sea Bass! Great ambiance, and really attentive service. A classy place to be pampered when you are with someone special-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice with some reservation.OKCdinerVIPDined on 4/18/2014I had notified the restaurant that it was a birthday celebration. They did give us a nice booth. The food was pretty good. One warning: It is a pretty senior crowd. The menu and food are somewhat retro. My only real complaint was that I would have been okay with paying for a birthday desert (none offered), but, when I requested ice cream instead of whipped cream, a portion half the size of a ping pong ball came out with a surcharge of $2.50. Really, for a birthday and a tab of $120.00 they couldn't thrown in a tablespoon of ice cream?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014Walter's is our go-to restaurant when we want to entertain out of town guests. The food, service and ambiance are consistently excellent. The wait staff is friendly and attentive, and are well-informed regarding the cuisine. Walter's is also my husband and my favorite for celebrating special occasions (birthdays and anniversaries). Our favorite dishes include the lobster bisque (a must have), the escargot, the fillet and lamb. We always ask about the specials and often choose these. The desserts are wonderful, however, we are often too full to indulge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - don't be in a hurry.jayhawkDined on 4/4/2014Walter's offers excellent wines by the glass - wines you will not see elsewhere by the glass. The lamb was very good. The seafood mixed grill was good, but not great. Caesar salad was not very good, but wedge was good. Considering the type of restaurant, I thought the presentation of the food would be somewhat better. A nice place, but not great. Our salads came right out, but there was quite a long wait for our entrees with no contact from serving staff. We did not have time dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!JulieColoradoDined on 3/14/2014Walter's is consistent in both excellent food and service. We went on a Friday evening at 7 p.m. and our only disappointment was that the prime rib special we both ordered was already sold out by that time. Walter personally stopped by our table to apologize and when we remarked that we'd need to come earlier in the future if we wanted that particular meal, he told us we could just call him personally and he'd set aside two meals to insure we could have what we wanted at the time we wanted to dine . Talk about personal service! This is a wonderful place to celebrate a special event, but also is a warm, inviting and delicious "go-to" spot for an excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time andUiweedgirlDined on 3/12/2014We had a wonderful time and next time I'm in Colorado Springs, I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014My husband and I made reservations the weekend of 03/07/2014 and Walter's Bistro was Amazing! I highly recommend this restaurant for a romantic night out, the food was outstanding and the service is really what brings it all together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great food!SteveDined on 3/5/2014Great service, great food! Perfect for special occasion or anytime for an exceptional dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The wait staff is super attentivecocoaDined on 3/3/2014The wait staff is super attentive without being suffocating. There are many dishes to please lots of appetites. Palate pleasing preparation with good visual appeal. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, great food. Don'tOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014As always, great food. Don't pass the lobster bisque!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/19/2014From appetizers to the entree the food was great. The service was properly timed and respectful. This is the only restaurant in town that I actually enjoyed the foie gras and escargot. The creole pasta was very good. Walter's is now my favorite spot in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First fine dining experienceAlyxDined on 2/17/2014Thank you Walters Bistro for giving me and my husband a fantastic dining experience :) the waiter was kind and knowledgable, the food was INCREDIBLE, and a gentleman who I believe was the owner himself was so nice and concerned about if we were enjoying ourselves. It was worth the 300 dollars we spent that night. 10/10 would recommend and will come back. Gorgeous romantic ambience :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although this was our firstSHARONDined on 2/14/2014Although this was our first visit to Walters Bistro, we felt right at home. The service and ambiance were terrific. I thought the Filet Wellington was wonderful and the fresh salad was just right for me.Special Features: