Walnut Grill - Wexford
12599 Perry Highway
Wexford, PA 15090Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Walnut Grill - Wexford
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.walnutgroverestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7249338410
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm Happy Hour: Daily from 5:00pm - 7:00pm, 9:00pm - 11:00pm Late Night Menu: Daily from 9:00pm till close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Randy Simpson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Walnut Grove offers two different private dining rooms to accomodate parties of every type! We have one room to accomodate parties up to 50 guests, and another room that accomodates up to 28 guests comfortably! We offer various menus at various prices, or let your guests enjoy our full menu! Please call for availibility and to speak to Yvonne our Event Coordinator!
- Private Party Contact: Yvonne Short 7249338410
- Entertainment: Enjoy live music every Saturday from 10pm-1am and every Wednesday night from 7pm - 11pm! We also have TouchTunes so you can play whatever music you like! Our bar also has a MegaTouch Aurora game center that is sure to entertain for hours! HAPPY HOUR: Currently we offer two times for Happy Hour! From 5-7 Happy Hour includes a $5 appetizer menu, $3 draft beers, $3 house wines, and $3 Pinnacle Vodka Drinks! From 9-11 Happy Hour consists of 1/2 price pizza's, 1/2 price boneless wings!
- Special Events: DAILY DRINK SPECIALS: SUNDAY: $3 Sangria; MONDAY: $3 Craft Drafts; TUESDAY: $3 Captain Morgan Drinks; WEDNESDAY: 1/2 Price Bottles of Wine; THURSDAY: 1/2 Price Martini's; FRIDAY: $3 Sweet Tea Vodka; SATURDAY: $4 Long Islands!
A word from Walnut Grill - Wexford
Come experience Walnut Grill, Wexford, North Hills and Cranberry's favorite upscale-casual dining experience! We offer delicious American cuisine with exceptional fresh seafood prepared by our Executive Chef Randy Simpson. The modern atmosphere of our bar and lounge area makes us the perfect destination to bring a date and enjoy one of our specialty martinis or distinct craft beers. Our full bar equipped with multiple large screen TV's can accommodate you and your friends when you are watching your favorite sports team! Or you can come to celebrate your next special occasion in our dining room! If you would like, we also offer dining on our outdoor patio that is sure to make your dining experience with us exceptional! Delicious food, gracious energetic service and our upscale ambiance is designed to please every diner! Our dinner entrées range from $11 to $19! We accept reservations for seating in our dining room, our patio and bar area's are seated on a first come first serve basis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Walnut Grill - Wexford - Best Restaurants in Wexford ›
Walnut Grill - Wexford reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (31)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (20)special occasion (19)good for groups (19)great for lunch (18)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (12)romantic (8)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)Show More
- very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I had eaten at Walmart Grill before but this time it was very nice. The background music was just that, in the background, not overwhelming. The food was good, delivered in a timely manner and more than we could finish. Our drinks were tasty, and our waitress even helped us with an unknown drink we had wanted to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually Pretty GoodPitt29Dined on 8/29/2014Usually a good place to go locally. A decent menu with a variety of food items-none that stands out. Some issues with seating this evening when we had reservations. The hostess tried to seat us with a different party-then the worst table in the place when there were others available. The manager was not real accommodating or polite. The service was good.
- Nothing specialVADinersDined on 8/22/2014We noted that this was our first time dining here on the reservation as we just recently moved to the area. We had been told this was a nice restaurant. They placed us in a small room way in the back that had no ambience and was filled with families with children. This experience was nothing special and we will not return.
- evening out with girlfriendschocolatelover18Dined on 8/15/2014met friends after work for drinks & appetizers. $3.00 PInnacle drinks were a hit and so were the boneless chicken wings!! Had a very nice evening including great service!! Would definitely go back!!Special Features:
- Disappointing/over-pricedCafeViewDined on 7/29/2014I'm a fan of Shady Grove + have visited Social/ sisters to the Grill. Very disappointed w/ the the Grill. Lots of iceberg salads/heavy on the iceberg. The Caprese salad listed as a potential entree: 3 albeit large slices of tomato, a few squares of mozzarella. On the plate were the shrimp ordered artfully arranged with a small mound of mixed greens in the corner of the plate... a drizzle of a basil vinaigrette accompanied the the array. As an entree, it was odd and disappointing. If it were an appetizer to share it might be different. The patio overlooks Route 19 traffic. Too bad it's not in the back with more green and quiet. No bread or water offered. We all left having different salads with: Not a good value at all for what you pay.
- weeknight dinnerBobPVIPDined on 7/11/2014Restaurant was OK, but nothing memorable. Service was good, food was just adequate. Would not hurry back.
- good foodLeftyDined on 7/6/2014We live close but for some reason don't come that often. Its a good place, they recognize when you have little ones and help you get them food and settled. I would like to come back and check out the bar some time. There is a lot going on in the indoor and outdoor bar. The sangria is a bit weak. they have a good selection of beer and other wines.Special Features:
- ClassyClassyDined on 7/5/2014The food was excellent. We had the tilapia special and the cod. The service was good and the staff is friendly. The portion sizes were ample.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemNorthHillsDinerDined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed the outdoor seating on a recent summer evening. Our party of 6 enjoyed a variety of dishes. Our meals included the New York Strip which was cooked perfectly, the Mixed Grill, Buffalo Chicken Flatbread, Greek Salad, and Balsamic Chicken. Each dish was fulfilling and quite tasty. The menu offers a very nice variety with something for everybody. Service was attentive, but not overbearing. Each one in our party agreed that Walnut Grill was worth future visits.Special Features:
- Go-to neighborhood restaurantmy3sonsDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I recently had dinner at Walnut Grill and were very pleased with the food, service and atmosphere. We ordered different fish entrees, which were prepared perfectly...bravo, chef! I also like the fact that you can usually find some kind of coupon to use on your visit. We found one for a free appetizer. We've always had a great experience any time we've dined there. It's a great go-to neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but very priceylocalDined on 6/21/2014We live nearby however only go there when buffettman is playing - food is good but prices for food and drinks are too high - can go alot of other places for alot less cost and larger portions.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/17/2014Great food and friendly staff, nice place to go for happy hour or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab cakes were tinyHappybunny76Dined on 6/15/2014I have had them before here many times. But today they were just tiny.Special Features:
- Great brunch food and service>GraceLaneDined on 6/15/2014Reservations and reminders are appreciated. Brunch food accessible on both sides is a smart plan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for late menusalmonloverDined on 6/11/2014Our late night anniversary date was only successful as I could not get dinner until 9:00. The Walnut Grill was easily accessible and full menu until 10:00. Nice location, convenient, excellent food choices and flavors. Wait staff was thorough, proper friendly and knowledgeable. Only Non-excellent was a bit of a wait for the food and bill when not too crowded puzzled me. Food was still prepped excellently and hot on delivery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flying insectsdatenightDined on 6/4/2014the service and food was really good, however where we were seated there were flys, knats and not sure what other flying insects, but made the lunch very uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Great foodLovethefoodDined on 6/2/2014We always enjoy the food at Walnut Grill. The service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDined on 5/25/2014Ate outside. Was not informed smoking was permitted. Outside seating around bar area, Employees and friends were just off shift were in a lounge area near outdoor dining. Drinking and swearing forced a patron to intervene as young children were there. Employees on duty did nothing and chatted with co-workers.Special Features:
- We will not go back.BbnnDined on 5/23/2014Poor food, poor service. Will not go back. Disappointing.
- great menu varietyrptrpt1961Dined on 5/16/2014have eaten here several times; they have a varied menu. I have always been pleased with my selection. I would definitely recommend this restuarantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu and great serviceSusieQDined on 5/16/2014We love this restaurant and the ease of booking a reservation on Open Table. The menu fantastic (although I almost always get The Greek Pasta) and the service is superb. I highly recommend this place if you like a casual atmosphere, good food and great service.Special Features:
- Wonderful Mother's DayCindyGailDined on 5/11/2014We had a wonderful Mother's Day dinner at Walnut Grill. There were five of us and we were seated very close to our reservation time. The food was great and the service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day MessgreatDined on 5/11/2014We arrived 10' before our reservation time and were told that tables were taking longer than usual and it would be 20-25 minutes to be seated. There were several other families with reservations in the same boat. While waiting, we noted empty tables that sat that way for the whole time we were waiting (~30 min). After being seated, our server let us know that "the kitchen is very backed up". He took our drink order quickly. Food came about one hour later. We kind of rushed through that and weren't going to stay for dessert at 8pm. A manager did come by to apologize for the delay. It might have been nice had they offered something to make up for the delay (a discount, a free dessert, or something...) but they did not. We didn't blame server
- Mother's Day dinnerChristopherDined on 5/11/2014Food was very good, but took 1 hour to receive it. Portions were small, but well done and very tasty. Would say they were not prepared for the high volume on Mother's Day, thus the slow service. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the little gemmatolu3Dined on 5/11/2014stopped there on mothers day for brunch. Super friendly staff, waiters, hostesses. Food was excellent, service was outstanding. Waiter was there very frequently to see if we needed anything. Was very nice to my 2 daughters, made suggestions. The brunch closed an half hour early without warning us. We did not get a chance to get desert. The waiter apologized by bringing us 3 scoops of vanilla icecream dipped in carmelized walnuts! awesome!Special Features:
- GreatRich4312Dined on 5/11/2014All the times we go there the people, employees and food are so good. that is way we keep on going back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weRhappyhere!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014The beautiful Walnut Grill in Wexford never ceases to amaze us! The fresh array of assorted goodies for Mother's Day Brunch was spectacular! We enjoyed the variety of salads and delicious tomato soup, entrees of ham and beef - cooked to perfection, colossal shrimp - what a wonderful surprise!, melt-in-your mouth crab cakes and decadent pastries for dessert! Our server could not have been nicer - oh so pleasant and professional. And on such a busy day, we were treated as though we were the only ones in the restaurant. We all left feeling happy and full and planning when we will return! Thank you once again for making this Holiday beautiful, delicious and memorable!Special Features:
- mwallace3544VIPDined on 5/6/2014Met there for a business lunch and, even though we were seated at one of those tables with a long bench on one side and chairs on the other, it was still good for a private conversation. It was also great that they didn't seat us almost on top of someone else. I had the salmon salad - one of my favorite lunches - and it was very good. If you are a BIG eater, it probably wouldn't fill you up, but it was a good size with none left over for take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 305 reviews are from the Walnut Grill - Wexford reviews archive.
- great food, great servicelucythinksDined on 5/3/2014this was our third visit to this location, and we have found the quality of the food to be consistent and delicious. Servers are attentive, and this restaurant makes every effort to make the customer's experience pleasant - including allowing substitutions/additions/special requests, excellent servers, and attentive/visible manager. we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a Friday nightMAM17Dined on 4/25/2014Our server Laura was excellent and the general manager even came by to assure that everything was going well. The food was very good. Other than it being a bit loud because it was busy, it was very, very nice. For some reason we don't often go there, but we will definitely be keeping it in mind. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Balsamic VingeretteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Was on both salad & main course .... way too vinegary. Service was great.
- Can never go wrongKolossusDined on 4/11/2014Frequent visitor of WG and they never disappoint. Took my folks for the first time this visit and they thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We'll be back soon. Thank you as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Sunday SundaypotatomanDined on 4/6/2014Been there a few times for dinner and didn't like it as much as shady grove brunch however is amazing. best quality and value for your money. I'd take it over grand concourse anydaySpecial Features:
- ExcellentAngieDined on 4/5/2014I ordered the. Cod with crab topping and it was Excellent. I will order again. The service was excellent. I highly recommend Walnut Grove Also liked the wide variety of menu options and prices.Special Features:
- Cramped tableKimboDined on 4/4/2014We (party of two), were seated at a two seated table. It was so small that ahem our food came I asked the waiter to take the candle off the table so the dishes could fit. Food was interesting g and tasty. Service was slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uninspired BrunchDandyLionDined on 3/30/2014We've enjoyed many dinners and lunches at Walnut Grill and so decided to try the weekend brunch. The food was nothing special--the usual brunch fare prepared in an uninspired, unimaginative manner. The service, including the waiter and the station chef, was terrific, but mainly because, as they explained, they were experiencing a very slow day and so had plenty of free time to shower attention on us. The brunch was serviceable, but certainly nothing remarkable, and I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone else because there just wasn't anything special about it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice RestaurantPiffyDined on 3/29/2014Food and service was outstanding at the Walnut Grill. I had one of the salmon dinners which was very good. All in our party of 8 were pleased with the meals. And the food is reasonably priced. We will definitely be returning to the Walnut Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great serviceMikeVIPDined on 3/29/2014Food enjoyable and a nicely expansive menu. Service was spectacular, waiter was there the perfect amount of time and attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Military AppreciationCMCNDined on 3/18/2014They offer military appreciation on Tuesdays with a complimentary entree up to $25. Great idea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyone.tdandjjcVIPDined on 3/8/2014Steak was very good. Everything a little crispy the night we were there... unusual.Special Features: