Walnut Grill - Mt Lebanon
660 Washington Rd.
Mount Lebanon, PA 15228Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Walnut Grill - Mt Lebanon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.walnutgroverestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4126680951
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Brunch: Sunday - 10:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Matt Helon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Find our catering menu at www.walnutgroverestaurant.com
- Private Party Facilities: Two private dining options. Banquet room seats up to 36 people with built-in projection screen and easy plug-and-play with laptop. Boardroom seats up to 24 people with 55" LDC TV and operable windows to open to the street on nice days.
- Private Party Contact: Yvonne Short 4126680951
- Entertainment: We have TouchTunes so you can play whatever music you like! Our bar also has a MegaTouch Aurora game center that is sure to entertain for hours! HAPPY HOUR: Currently we offer two times for Happy Hour! From 5-7 Happy Hour includes a $5. appetizer menu, $3 draft beer, $5 house wines, and $4 Pinnacle Vodka Drinks! From 9-11 Happy Hour consists of 1/2 price pizza"s, 1/2 price boneless wings!
A word from Walnut Grill - Mt Lebanon
Come experience Walnut Grill - Mt. Lebanon! Here at Walnut Grill we offer delicious American cuisine with exceptional fresh seafood prepared by our Corporate Executive Chef Randy Simpson. The modern atmosphere of our bar and lounge area makes us the perfect destination to bring a date and enjoy one of our specialty martinis or distinct craft beers. Our full bar is equipped with multiple large screen TV"s and can accommodate you and your friends when you are watching your favorite sports team! Or you can come to celebrate your next special occasion in our dining room! If you would like, we also offer dining on our outdoor patio that is sure to make your dining experience with us exceptional! Delicious food, gracious energetic service and our upscale ambiance is designed to please every diner! We accept reservations for our dining room and banquet dining room, our patio and lounge area's are seated on a first come first serve basis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Walnut Grill - Mt Lebanon reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)special occasion (12)good for groups (11)great for lunch (11)romantic (9)fit for foodies (9)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (8)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Dinner at the Walnut GrillPittsburghdinerDined on 9/14/2014We are return diners supporting a local restaurant. I enjoy the mushroom chicken. Good meal, good service. There is on the street parking or a parking garage nearby.Special Features:
- Very Surprised!FoodExplorer13Dined on 8/8/2014I've heard many things about this restaurant so I decided to check it out for myself. It's a little pricey but you get fantastic food for the price. I've eaten in many places in Pittsburgh and this ranks up there at the top of my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice easy walk to dinnerNarkoseDined on 8/1/2014Dropped our children off at church program and it was a nice easy walk to dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, a little pricyJeffsDined on 7/26/2014The overall experience was great. The food was really good. If I had to complain about something it would be the prices. Just a few dollars too much on the entrees. The sandwiches looked more reasonable but I didn't eat one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasently surprisedMCeaterDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I took our family here to celebrate some good news. We had excellent service from start to finish. The bread was freshly baked and warm. In addition to buyer, it came with hummus and chocolate chip butter. Or food came quickly. You can add a side salad for $1.50. It was a generous size. The p dinner portions were very large, even the salad. Others raved about the French fries. Brownie dessert was over the top good! Pricy, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Time, good foodlocalfoodloverDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I went on a Friday evening to get dinner and a few drinks. The food was great as well as service. We went to the bar after dinner to have a few more drinks and the staff was very quick as well as friendly. We will be going back soon as it was a nice and relaxing Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to meetDeacon10Dined on 7/15/2014This is a nice place to meet friends. The menu is very nice and the drink menu is fun. I think they could be a little more flexible to requests as my friend wanted a small chopped salad and wanted to add salmon but they only offered the large shopped salad so she chose something else. This should be a no brainer as I had already added salmon to a small roasted beet salad which was not listed as a choice. Flexibility with a menu should never be a question. In the end we both enjoyed what we ordered and would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, beer, & dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Thr restaurant is clean, great atmosphere, large menu selection, food was fabulous, dfaft beer was great, coffee was good, dessert was great, service was excellent! I would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodVeggiegirlDined on 6/28/2014The Walnut salad is delicious (my companion said he wished the beets in the beet salad were not so minced). My entree arrived VERY hot, a lovely change from the usual lamp-heated sorta warm. All was pleasant and I would go there again. My only suggestion and wish would be for more vegetarian entree options. I had the only one on the menu, and while it was good, I don't want to have to eat the same thing every time I go to a restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MtlebaniteDined on 6/21/2014Our waitress was so kind, Ashley. The service and food were excellent. My boyfriend and I had a great time.Special Features:
- Made to perfectionRestaurantloverDined on 6/15/2014Fantastic made-to-order chef on duty was intuitive and accommodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JLeigh2182Dined on 6/15/2014I was a little disappointed to discover that they jacked up the brunch price on Father's Day without prior notice on their website. I wasn't suprised they price gouged on a holiday but it would have been nice to not be surprised upon arrival. $128 for brunch for 5 people with no drinks was a little crazy considering it was average buffet food at best. I pay the same price for the buffet at the Rivers Casino and it has way more choices and includes unlimited drinks. I probably won't be back.Special Features:
- our first visit4MeAndMyGalDined on 6/8/2014we had never been there before and were very impressed. Excellent food, nice atmosphere, quiet setting. Really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicemarkDined on 5/24/2014Their menu was very ambitious, so I was skeptical- usually when the menu is so long it stretches the kitchen beyond what they can pull off- but they proved me wrong. Everything was very well prepared and delicious. Ordered the mixed grill and they got each individual item perfectly- tuna was seared on the outside and and raw in the middle, salmon was cooked through, and filet was perfect medium rare. I would imagine it is hard to get all three perfect on the same plate when all three are cooked differently- the fact that they did tells me the kitchen is in control. All other dishes in our party were very well prepared and raves were earned from everyone. Service was impeccable. We will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 232 reviews are from the Walnut Grill - Mt Lebanon reviews archive.
- amazing servicepittdinerDined on 5/16/2014Even though the place was bustling, our server was extremely attentive and helpful. The food was selectable and the atmosphere delightful. Our drinks were prompt and delicious, and of course, dessert was perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treatDinergalDined on 5/16/2014My husband and I went to Walnut Grill to celebrate my birthday. The service was very good - our waiter was attentive and friendly, and the manager stopped by to ask how our dinner was. The food was excellent - well-prepared and delicious!Special Features:
- Especially disappointing....SparkyDined on 5/11/2014Had had drinks in the bar area once before. But to take my mother and family there for Mother's Day and have an inefficient, unconcerned, aloof server and service where my mother's food (pasta) was watery, lacking flavor and bread was never brought to the table (even though promised twice), was a disappointment I don't care to relive or recommend. The desserts we tried - probably in an attempt to recapture some flavor in our meals - were small, subpar and overpriced. I should have spoken to the manager, but it would've made my mother uncomfortable, more than she already was (apologetically so).Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day experience!Lsj0907VIPDined on 5/11/2014It was our first time there for a brunch, and it was very nice! It worked out going for Mother's Day and Mom was really impressed! Our reservations were after a rush, so the food was scarce and cold, but they brought new items out as soon as we asked. Very enjoyable!Special Features:
- Mothers Day BrunchScottDined on 5/11/2014We've gone to WG - Mt. Lebanon for the past two years. Last year was great - good selection of food. This year wasn't so good - empty pans, not the selection of last year, and to my wife's dismay, no cheesecake. I hope that they are back on their game next year. The food was good, just not as good...Special Features:
- Won't be backPittaokDined on 5/11/2014It is basically a bar they put average food in containers on the bar. This is probably ok as a bar and they should stick to that. It is way overpriced for a bar brunch. I would not recommend going here
- Fire the dishwasher or train him.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014I like this place for a regular weeknight out or a non-special weekend spot. It's not fine dining. But, the food is good enough. The dishes almost always seem to have some type of food left on them. This comes from a dish washer who does not know how to properly operate the dishwasher and a staff who is not inspecting their stations. Decent enough food. But, get it together with the dishes!
- Friday night dinnerShellmarieDined on 5/3/2014Awesome spot to grab a bite to eat w/ family. Food and service was great. Very kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 50th Birthday for My WifeVanThunderDined on 5/2/2014Great appetizers (Artichoke Dip and Pulled Pork Nachos) and drinks. We had steaks. Mine was way overcooked, but I sent it back with no problem and had another quickly. The service was excellent. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- dinnerCarolynDined on 4/30/2014It was very nice, great food, great service, nice staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Light mealpuppyDined on 4/21/2014WG is a great choice for happy hour! Hors d'oeuvres are different and delicious. I enjoyed a salad while my friends feasted on several appetizers. Nice place to meet up with friends and have a light dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice everyday neighborhood choiceQueenOfAllSheSurveysDined on 4/20/2014The menu is varied enough to please any family. The roasted beet salad with goat cheese and caramelized walnuts is a winner, and the new Gin and Juice with limes and sage is delightful. The service was attentive. We'll go back.Special Features:
- ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014Alex is the best! And the food was the best buffet in years! C u Mothers' Day?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go-To Place for Sunday BrunchMaxsmom125Dined on 4/13/2014Our services was extremely prompt and friendly and the food was out of this world. This was our first time here and we will definitely return. If I could give 6 stars on service, I would.Special Features:
- good food, sat in the frontYentaVIPDined on 4/8/2014good food, sat in the front dining room. why is the floor so sticky? that's not good.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the varied selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014We enjoyed the varied selection of the buffet and the quality of the food. The service was friendly and prompt. We have already recommended it to others.Special Features:
- Great Customer ServicejschrefflerDined on 4/5/2014Our server was great. Very freindly and accomedating. Our food came out way way overcooked and our server and the managment was more than gracious about remaking our food and comping some drinks and dessert. They handled the situation so nicely. Our food ended up wonderful and I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy!karenDined on 4/4/2014We've had several great dinners here, and 2/3 times fantastic service. Our most recent dinner service was adequate, waiter was attentive but rather mechanical. Overall easy to recommend. We've (50's) have gone with 20 somethings and 80 somethings- all enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. Tables are a little close together, can make for some difficulty with conversations, but booths were terrific! (missed the mints at the end of the meal this last visit!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedHappyDinerDined on 4/2/2014The atmosphere, food and service was outstanding. The crab cakes were the best we had ever had. The sides were delicious and the salad was so well presented. All of this provided us a very pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they were out of ice tea andloubashDined on 3/30/2014they were out of ice tea and the honey chicken strips which was very very out of character for that resturant!!!!!! ice tea ---pleaseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had high hopes but I wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/30/2014I had high hopes but I was let down. I decided to give the brunch a try. I wish I would have stuck with ordering from the menu. Not only was the line like a cattle call, as all brunches are, with kids running amok and people shoving, but I could have forgiven this if the food quality was anything better than it was. The fruit was dry, potatoes hard, bacon undercooked and sausage overcooked. It reminded me of a lunch line in a cafeteria. The pastries were hard and stale as well. Service was subpar, I felt like I was offending the server when asking about items. Maybe I'll give it another try for a lunch or dinner, but I would never try the brunch again. Restaurants like Eat N Park offer way more, better quality and at half the price.
- City DelightTootsieDined on 3/29/2014We only tried because of a coupon we received in the mail. We were pleasantly surprised. The food and service was great! We really enjoyed our dinner and definitely plan on coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingewatts524Dined on 3/28/2014I loved the Walnut Grill in Shadyside, but I'm assuming they are not one in the same. I have been there twice now (the second time was me giving it a second chance). The food is always sub par (no flavor etc) or unedible (chicken, sun dried tomato pasta; I swear they used either canned chicken or boiled chicken). I had the fish tacos the second time. It appeared that they put 2/3 cabbage shreds and 1/3 fish in each taco. The bread and butter selection is acceptable. Although my cocktails were yummy, it took about 30 min for it to come out after ordering. We saw our waitress only about 3 times during the whole meal. It appeared as if she was waiting on the entire back room that we were in, which seemed like a bit much for her.Special Features:
- Best Burger Specials on MondaysPAterriVIPDined on 3/24/2014$5 Burgers on Mondays and great late night Happy Hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this Place.lindaDined on 3/20/2014The food was great. The employees were very friendly. will be back for a fab Happy Hour they have during the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress, Robin S., wasXLawmanDined on 3/18/2014Our waitress, Robin S., was very courteous, knowledgeable and professional. The Balsamic Salmon, Flounder and Stuffed Shrimp were excellent. We also like the Liberty House wines. Thank you very much for your Veterans Appreciation Tuesday dinner offering. A U.S. Navy Veteran.Special Features: